Old April 15, 2002, 14:43   #31
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 23:56
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
Cyber-- Actually, that'd be a load off my back if you could write about the tech exchange, to be honest. Besides, you're a better writer than I am!
OK I'll do as you ask, but I am no way better than anyone in here!

We'll demonstrate you the powers of the psych whip (to which your personnel will find most interesting), give you the knowledge of Biomachinery and how to construct psych whips and then we'll ask you for your knowledge on Nanominiaturization and Advanced Robotics (I dunno about the name but sounds ok... )...

--Nikola
Old April 15, 2002, 16:20   #32
Sovereign
Prince

Local Time: 17:56
A lot has happened in the past two weeks.

My father visited me two weeks ago, for a week, and my B-day was during that week. I'm sure most of you may remember me posting a short reply that week.

However, I was planning to post last week, but stuff came up again. I bet Fate is conspiring aganist me

A lot of work, studying, errands, and a ton of meetings last week.

I pray and hope I'll find the time to post something this week, no promises though. I don't want to keep breaking your expectations or ambition due to my absence due to tons of real life conflicts.

By the way, I've read up on the discussion threads, and I must say I'm getting disheartened with the TAF, TA, MI, and Sparta affair. I've noticed that authors are seeming to become more aggressive and "this is mine!" or "I want this" or "I'm right and you're wrong".

I'm not sure who's the "boss" or "director" or whatever of the BAC universe. Is it LMP (Mellian) or is it Sprayber? It seems to me that both of them seem to be at loggerheads and that doesn't bode well. (Again, no attempts to put down anyone here)

I'm going to keep University away from the messy war, and only become involved in wars that occur when University space is invaded, or its ships being attacked. The rest of the time, I'll be focusing on domestic affairs, plot-lines with Protectorate and Hive, exploration of new areas, finding alien ruins or races, etc.

Don't worry Historyguy and Sprayber, I'll keep supplying Sparta and Morganites with FTL parts, FTL trading, etc. but I won't become involved in the TA-TAF v.s. MI - Sparta - Drone conflict.

But don't worry Franky, I'm not dead I'm still around!
Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2002, 16:21   #33
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

MAYBE i should abandon this, as I seem to be to work up over this...taking it to serious where it suppose to be a game to have fun. Right now, i don't seem to be having much fun.... and i don't like feeling that I am a stubborn b**ch that cannot collaborate and comprimise, or feel like i am trying to control everything. they are traits i Seriously don't want to have.............and hypocritical to what i am trying to achieve with myself. I already got removed from another game elsewhere for being stubborn and not open to comprise with my Society..............

I am not please with the Terran Alliance, TAF and so on... where they are going and so on... to many faults and missing details...... and wish i was able to participate in the story from the start..... things are not going as they should with the Terran Alliance. Also tired of repeating the same stuff again and again...and then continue having the impression that no one seem to have bothered reading my past posts.

I DO enjoy collaberating in interactive stories.....but for me personally, it is hard to play an unstable and unstructured game. Despite my attempts to achieve, it seem to be for nothing.... like what you can do or not with FTL. The pace of the game... and so on.....

Right now, i just feel like Resetting the Terran Alliance itself.... society and how TA is as to many faults right now, misunderstood and genrally mixed up. Or maybe just have Time warp and along with alterations to past history of the game........ Yes, i am perfectionist and a detail freak..... but i see the game as Art, to create such vibrant societies and then play them out............. I also don't have as much time for it either...well, more like not as much internet time for it...... yet, I am impatient and don't want to wait until August to get back to it again.....which by then my vision of TA, pirates, TAF and Kerensky will be twarted....................................... I also would like the Scions as well, which right now don't have much stuff for them....

I am such a detail freak that i get annoyed to have 20th century culture in the 28th century BAC, along with fashions.... I would think ties would of died out by then have fashions more like babylon 5 EA.

anyway, I am just blabbing on......
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2002, 16:47   #34
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 16:56
Cyber-- Splendid!

Hello Sovereign, good to see you once again! I apologize if I have been the one to dishearten you, Sovereign. I intend to pull out of this war as soon as possible, in fact, and I trust as soon as Kerensky comes to a halt, we'll be holding some sort of peace conference, and as long as the Terrans go back, they can have their Capella. I trust Sprayber won't be going in for the kill, and Silence may well have to bat around some Earthers, but it shouldn't be too much. I think that a break in war would actually be quite refreshing, and would do service to the story.

Sprayber is the top banana here at BAC.

Sounds good, Sovereign. I too want to deal with some peaceful expansion. I don't think we should have all that many alien races stuffed around in the same area, as there really aren't that many habitable planets that scientists know about today at all. If you do stick in aliens, try doing primative races, like some of Franky's, or like the Sea Peoples, in other words, small groups who haven't event figured out how to get into space. Perhaps a discovery of a race with a group of empires and kingdoms on a single planet would be interesting.

LMP-- That's Okey-Dokey. Just don't go overboard. Some of us do find you a bit intimidating every so often, but it's nothing personal.

I do hope you don't drop out. I also hope Mr. President and Kassiopeia don't drop out either.

But...hey! I like ties!
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2002, 17:45   #35
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 18:56
Hey! Hey!

Maybe y'all should just take that nice trip to Nuevo San Antonio and sort things out in a plush Hotel!
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2002, 17:55   #36
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 08:56
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Let's just remind ourselves of what started my current beef:

Quote:
If there is to much ganging up and overconfidence on Chironian superiority, I will aggressively bring the Pirates to pounce on all openings, creating havoc within Morganite, Drone and Spartan systems.
This is an outright threat to hijack the story if it does not proceed the way the poster wants it to. Note "I", not "Kane", will "bring" the Pirates to "create havoc", not "become involved" or "participate". This is not discussion of a plotline, this is blackmail. No-one else has done anything approaching this. Such threats are unacceptable, intolerable, and unconscionable, and if they are going to be a part of Beyond Alpha Centauri then I will have no part of this story.
Old April 15, 2002, 18:06   #37
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 12:56
*whoa, things are getting crazy in here*

Ok Let's address-

History Guy-Didn't catch that part about the Morgan fleet being wiped out. *sigh* I guess we'll have to work something else out. The HEF is still there, having to make repairs on the command ship before they can leave. As for the comm, could you work it out w/Lonestar?

Cybergod- It might not be an alliance, but maybe a non-aggression pact....still not sure how to fit it in right now.

Lonestar- Good to see you're back. Sorry that I haven't replied to your message yet, but I'm trying to work out the kinks from the Samnos affair. Will get to your message soon. BTW, what do you call your people? For example Spartan Federaton=Spartans, GHE=Hive/Hivers/Hiverians, M.I.=Morgan's, University=University, Believer=Believers, etc. Do they call themselves Protectors, Protectorians, etc?

Sprayber- Ok, I'll keep the Hive colonization idea in mind...never thought about an independent world. Would it be primitive, pre/post industrial, or beginnings of space flight? I think if it is near Protectorate space, we'd have to talk it over w/Lonestar. A Hive colonization effort near Protectorate space might rub him the wrong way.

Sovereign-It's good to hear from ya! Well, it sounds like you've had a busy 2 weeks. Just do what ya gotta do and we'll see ya when ya come back.

Silence- nice to hear from u too. Started drafting a post concerning Believers (reply to loooong overdue message).

Mr. President-Don't leave, man! With you leaving, that would create a power vacuum that only Yang could fill! (joking) Seriously though, I like your unique view of the BAC universe and wanna see what happens to the temple. (maybe Yang and Adam's should hook up? She might make a great concubine!)

As for all the peaceful expansionists=Grrrr! *snooty English voice*To keep w/the spirit of the game, the Hive will remain an aggressive expansionist.*snooty English voice* We will Conquer and Build our way to enlightenment. But if a lush, unpopulated world presents itself, Yang would snatch it b4 those accursed Spartans or Protectorates get to it!
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Last edited by Frankychan; April 15, 2002 at 18:19.
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2002, 18:15   #38
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Lonestar-- Hey, sure, sounds good to me. The CEO can afford that stuff...the lucky crumbag.

Hey we have to talk about the commlink with the Emperor!

Mr. President-- I'm inclined to agree that it is not what's called for. I trust this business can all be sorted out in a jiffy. You are a fine writer, sir, and it would be a shame to loose you.

Franky--

Quote:
*whoa, things are getting crazy in here*
IT'S A MAD HOUSE!!!

Morganite fleet around Samnos is not totally whiped out, but it is in a very sticky situation, and it's grouped together around the remaining orbital platform. The Terrans have already pretty much bypassed them.
Old April 15, 2002, 18:22   #39
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Ok, History Guy-

So the remnants of the fleet are there, but grouped around the last orbital platform. The Terrans, instead of attacking the Morganites, went straight to planetary invasion while the Morgan fleet licks its wounds. Are any of the Spartan corvettes still around?

Anyway, can I still post my attack on the remaining Morgan ships, or do you have something else planned? (I still wanna have the readers see the damage done to the Hive Command Ship)
Old April 15, 2002, 18:39   #40
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 09:56
Quote:
Plenty of room? TA isn't to fond of colonizing barren to worser worlds. Not quite the idea places for colonies. the Chironians pretty much already took all of the good habitable planets as they had first dibs.
Well, too bad for them. You cannot say that TA forcibly taking over systems is justified by the fact that the systems they want are already inhabited.
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2002, 18:53   #41
History Guy
King

The Morganites are pretty bad off, Franky. Terrans have a fleet in the area moving on them, but I think you attacking would do just as fine. I'd like to see your post anyway!
Old April 15, 2002, 19:30   #42
History Guy
King

Oh, and by the way, the two wounded Spartan corvettes are also there, Franky. There are four frigates there as well, all Morganite, but 2 are wounded, one can't really even move, it's reactors are so shot up.
Old April 15, 2002, 20:05   #43
Frankychan
King

Nod, ok. So the doo-doo head Spartan's are there along w/Morgan junk-a-lunka ships. (just kiddin').

Post coming up by the end of the day. Samnos attack and Yang's message to the Spartans included.

*Hey, I'm a Prince! now I gotta change my profile!*
Old April 15, 2002, 21:01   #44
Lonestar
inmate
King

Since the Homeworld is Beta Hydri 4, they still call themselves "Hydrians".

Old April 15, 2002, 21:19   #45
Sprayber
Emperor

First of all. I'm not in charge of anyone. The thread god title is more of an joke on my part than anything. I merely posted the original thread. You guys have filled in where before there was just "I have been thinking of a new story line"

Mr. President: Don't you dare go. I will get on a plane to Australia and find you I know people in Australia that would help me track you down. I look forward to your posts and I would be very upset to loose such a good writer. That goes for all of you.

Franky: Give me your ideas about this world. The only ones that you cant take are Firaxis and the Cadre planet. A primitave world wouldn't be as interesting as a more advanced one. But it's up to you. And yeah, if it's on the Protectorate border it would be nice to work with Lonestar.

Mellian I want you to continue if you possibly can. Despite our arguments, I do appreaciate all of your contrabutions to BAC. I realize that in the begginning you were forced to limit your time spent to BAC. I understood this. As we all know there was a long period when I didn't post much either. Well none at all actually. I know how life can force you to pay attention to it. I use BAC for pure escapeism. Cause reality without my someone special isn't so great. I'd rather not restart BAC. But we can rap things up a bit and do a leap into the future. Give the TA some years to become what you want it to be. But you will have to remember that Kass and Cyber are responsible for a part of that. Maybe you all have already worked that out, I don't know. But there is no writers conspiracy to keep the TA down. A Spartan conspiracy maybe. Or a hive conspiracy, I wouldn't put it past Yang. But Sprayber, History Guy, Franky, and all the others aren't out to get the TA. But to make it clear, I would like you to stay.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2002, 21:27   #46
Sprayber
Emperor

Important. Read please
Suggestions*******And please read all the way through before making any comments

1. Do we jump
Do we not jump

This is what needs to happen to get us out of the current FUBAR

War ends with the borders as they are now with TA taking Samnos with TA honor intact.

If the Morgan and TA writers wish to swap conquered lands in peace deal then so be it. But the war ends because no one here wanted it to go this far in the first place.

All future wars must be planned out before hand. I'm not saying every last detail. That would block creativity. But Both/All writers involved must agree before hand as to the final outcome including the taking of territory. Then you just have to worry about filling in the detail.

Expansion: TA can colonize or utilize three or four systems around Sol that currently are empty any way they see fit. Those planets are not all barren wastelands. Use your imagination. It can even be explained as being apart of the treaty that ends the war. I am aware that the TA needs a little breathing room. Use those planets for that exact purpose.

Aliens: We need to make a list of all the aliens and their approximate postion. Advanced alien civilizations must be kept to an absolute minimum. Primitive aliens can be talked about all you want.

Now the only question is how much time do we jump? I would like to resolve this war before we do though. Then we all can decide what kind of advancement we have during those years. There will be no wars in the intervening years. Tensions can be there, but no wars. Each writer can contact other writers to work out whatever events between your faction and theirs that you want. But the key is not just to make them up and post them without telling the others about it. That way we can all be on the same page.

Questions? Comments? Smart Remarks? (Just an old saying my Drill Instructors had way back in my boot camp days. )
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old April 15, 2002, 22:20   #47
History Guy
King

I agree with what you say, Sprayber. I personally would rather not leap forward a couple of years just yet, as I have some plots I'd like to develope, and I'm sure so does Kass and Mr. Prez. If everyone else wants to do a leap, I woun't argue.

What we could do is have Kerensky take Samnos and Naxos, but is ordered not to advance because of the Spartan and Drone prescense in the area. Then, with the lull, peace is established. Capella will be returned if the Cyclads are. After this, TA can ask for what it wants, unless it's too outrageous. Morgan is satisfied, InEn is destroyed. That's all he wanted.

As soon as we wrap up this little war, Morgan will do some expansion by peaceful methods. As for aliens, the Morgans only really deal with one, and that's the Sea Peoples (Cepheleens), and a really primative bunch they are.
Old April 16, 2002, 00:13   #48
Frankychan
King

*Yang contemplates possible consequences*

Myself, I would rather not have a time jump. Unfortunately, it seems the only possible solution. As for the amount of time, I propose anywhere from 5 to 20 years. But I would like all the authors to conclude important subplots or crucial points in their plot before making the jump. Faction relations should be discussed with involved authors b4 the jump.

As for other stuff: The world I'm thinking of would probably be post-industrial (for the challenge) and located near Spartan space. If the world was near Protectorate space, it would create too much of a hassle in the near future.

Side notes:

1)I want to see what happens to Delbar, as well as the trio of Greg, Filkins, and Mr. Sym. Also, if we time jump-what happens to Mr. Sym? I think he is a subcharacter that is important to the story....I have plans for him.

2) Comm-frequency possession can be omitted. If we jump, authors can just have a brief explanation on how they got the comm. (i.e. Yang's to Kessel, Morgan)

3) Factional relationships should indeed be discussed before and after the jump. (I have just opened up relationships w/UCSS)

4) Ground rules proposed by Sprayber are acceptable (and needed).

Hive & Conspiracy? Well...I never! Yang would never stoop so low as to against people!
Old April 16, 2002, 00:16   #49
Lonestar
inmate
King

If there is a time-jump...the Protectorate will be spending the intervening period skirmishing with the Hferhin Entire.and the GHE/University.
Old April 16, 2002, 00:20   #50
Sprayber
Emperor

We don't have to have a time jump if ya'll don't want one. I'm not to fond of the idea myself. But the other things are needed.
Old April 16, 2002, 00:26   #51
Frankychan
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
We don't have to have a time jump if ya'll don't want one. I'm not to fond of the idea myself. But the other things are needed.
Needs of the many outweigh the needs of a few. Just because I don't want one doesn't mean that we shouldn't timejump. If a jump is needed for the success of the story, it should be done.

Although interaction w/alien race's should be kept to a minimum.

=So everyone can prepare for the unstoppable juggernaught of destruction that is the glorious GREATER....HIVE....EMPIRE!!!!

BWA-HA-HA-HAAAAA! Yang will rule you all! BWA-HA-HA-HAAA!

Old April 16, 2002, 01:18   #52
Mellian
Queen

Okay, I will stay... but people, please keep in mind of various factors, FTL limits, and so on! Also please pay attention to what i say? I am getting tired of repeating the same questions...for some people, I answered 2-3 time since BAC started. I don't have the time for that. BAC seem to be heck of lot easier to get unrealistic and silly in comparison to Chiron Chronicles. Be aware that we are dealing with a 28th century humanity splitted into various factions, and so on, with different idealogies and histories. me seing 20th century stuff in BAC ruins the view i try to see the story in my mind as my mind gets jumpy over things like that... Personally, I don't know why ties still in fashion today, not even useful except for cutting some blood circulation to the head and so on... so I can see how ties would still be around in the 28th? Cigarettes is still around? I can't see SMAC people be able to get on that stuff and still have it by the 28th.... and then have aliens smoking cigs? not into Startrek clone races here anyway, silly stuff like that.............no big deal

President, I am very very very sorry for sounding that way... I was stressed out, frustrated, and tired that night i wrote that.

I am all up for a Timewarp, a chance to reorganize and so on. Also agree we should resolve current happenings before doing so... but personally, I prefer changing some details about TA and what was said from Stormhill to be edited....

Now, to resolve the current matter... I thought we agreed that TA will capture three systems, two been more quicker to take where the Samnos/Naxos system took the longest...all three systems were to be attacked about the same time, not one after the other. I can go back and get the quotations of me and history discussing it in the discussion thread...i know where they are, as i have been through them looking for the Pirate intro. Like general and so on says, the three systems is crappy...so whats the difference in having TA in keeping them while MI keeps Capella? Now, thats I what I understood we agreed.... now, i notice kass, history and frank is discussing about the systems, where Hive takes Samnos? that wasn't part of the initial agreement i understood we had and I was also kept out of the loop...and TA wasn't represented and played the role they should have. And THEN, this transferring of systems appears, where I am like WTF??? since the idea came out, making the whole matter more complicated, making hard for TA to get the systems honorably without looking like a corrupted bad guys which some players pushed them to be. So, along with other things in life, I got Annoyed and Frustrated, this is not going the way it i was expecting to go.... I don't mean a set script for it to follow, i mean what i hoped for TA to achieve being twarted, which would utterlly embarrass TA's rep... and how the heck could they encourage indepedents to join TA then? Now, having EC declaring war on the Believers complicates things even more, which i seriously think that post should be edited. THIS WAR WASN"T SUPPOSE TO BE A TA vs ALL OF CHIRONIANS.

Anyway, how about this, TA gets two of the three systems quickly, and it is the Cyclanid system is taking longer to capture...the transferring happens before Cyclanid was completly captured, but about the same time the other two was captured...after bribing the Novans to join TA's side, which i will go in the pro and cons of why the Novans would...again. After receiving that message from Kessel, more like intercepted, Kerensky replies it, being the first time a Chironian leader ever had to deal with Diplo Comm wise. Kerensky sends that message that i sent, which I wish now to edit (taking out the not recongnizing the transfer and so on), kessel replies and then there ends up having discussion between the Spartan Leader and the TA Military Commander, completly understanding each other, being both respectible military leaders with many similiraties....discussion ends where both Ks understands each other sides and the consequences of each others options. They then made an agreement....but by the time they did, TAF was just about to land troops on Samnos along with EC ground force when TAF stoped...but EC continues and Hive ground units ignored TAF's threat and land troops as well which TAF will do nothing about. The second wave just about finish clearing the Orbital defences, with losses of course...when they stoped. Morganite forces notices and wondering what was going on, until they receive comm from the CEO and Sparta to cease fire....but both sides notice EC and Hive ignoring the cease fire. Just then that TAF decides, after more communication with Kessel from Kerensky concerning the annoying Hive and EC...Kessel gives TAF permission to clear the system of Hive (or simply the ground forces) while warning EC and arresting EC troops...ones who disobey and don't fight TAF at that point. about a week or two there is a peace conference somewhere (personally preferably not the Protectorate, except mayb if it happens only on the Protectorate ship). there was some iffy parts in the negociations concerning the recently captured systems and the confusion of transfer of them to the spartans, and wanting to get back in exchange for Capella back...but TA prefer keeping the three systems then giving them up for capella back, which is to far anyway. Sparta, being their policy to get things back by force if not diplomaticly or whatever, had to make an hard decision... cease fire as happen, is the systems worth trying to get back which would start up the war again? The Negociations is successful, while it cleared up many misunderstandings and pretty much setting future protocols when dealing with TA, which is unique as it is an alliance of various factions..while TA agrees to tighten grips on member actions, so they don't go off doing their own thing and causing trouble like InEn did....which the EC delegation had problems with. Also out of the Negocations, there is an agreement to officially establish embassies and so on, so lack of communication between sides don't happen again, like it did concerning the InEn situation and Kessel not getting any answer from TA. some War criminals from InEn were transferred to MI custody....where they find out what the high ups of InEn were upto, and why they were instigating war.
during the negociations, prisoners of war were exchanged...where MI gets survivors from Callisto attack surprisingly, which TA Council didn't know TAF had until that point...but they were treated by the new Geneva Conventions (i said new because ther may of had updates and modifications to it in the 2200s or 2300s). Oh, concerning the three systems, one agreement happened to curb to prevent SPartans policy to get their systems back and so on.... TA gains control of the systems, but will be open to morganite mining companies and so on....where they get 50% of resources which will in turn go to the Spartans in whatever agreement MI/SF as among themselves. Colonies like Samnos and Naxos will be open to the morganites people who left to return too and so on...but each colony, or together as Cyclanids, is sworn in as new member(s) into TA, so each or together get to have 3 reps at the TA Council..... hey, better then being treated as Captured and is a way for MI/SF to indirectly know what is going on in the TA Council plus having embassies whatever colonies in the other two systems can also be sworn as seperate members or together with Samnos/Naxos. They won't officially be part of MI or SF, but they will get some independence under the TA banner, as full fledge member(s). being sworn in as one member makes for sense what do you people think, enough of a comprimise? MI/SF will still have some influence in the three systems, and they will be protected by the treaty too. As for Capella, if the populace still there wants to stay, they can...but won't be longer part of TA or any members they were factionally affiliated too. people who escape Capella can return, but as MI citizens. whatever left of TAF forces in Capella will be told to return to Sol....but some may stay, dissapriving of TA's decision and become armed discontents in Capella will become a MI problem anywahow

anyway, what do you people think? i would have to edit, same with kass concerning stormhill and tremaine post, some recently past posts.

i would go on with the possible Timewarp ideas concerning TA, wait until tommorrow or afterthat to do that.

-LMP
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2002, 03:13   #53
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 09:56
Quote:
Oh, concerning the three systems, one agreement happened to curb to prevent SPartans policy to get their systems back and so on.... TA gains control of the systems, but will be open to morganite mining companies and so on....where they get 50% of resources which will in turn go to the Spartans in whatever agreement MI/SF as among themselves. Colonies like Samnos and Naxos will be open to the morganites people who left to return too and so on...but each colony, or together as Cyclanids, is sworn in as new member(s) into TA, so each or together get to have 3 reps at the TA Council..... hey, better then being treated as Captured and is a way for MI/SF to indirectly know what is going on in the TA Council plus having embassies whatever colonies in the other two systems can also be sworn as seperate members or together with Samnos/Naxos. They won't officially be part of MI or SF, but they will get some independence under the TA banner, as full fledge member(s). being sworn in as one member makes for sense what do you people think, enough of a comprimise? MI/SF will still have some influence in the three systems, and they will be protected by the treaty too.
Sounds like a reasonable compromise to me (although of course I'm not the on who owned them), but according to this, what would happen if war broke out between MI and TA? I doubt that the population would be that keen about declaring war on Morgan...

Anyway, about the time warp. I think tha we should have one at some point, but there are I still some things I have to resolve, the biggest one being the Cadre civil war (speaking of which, we still need to work out some stuff w/ that, I'll need to post up the start of it).

EDIT: Mr President, I've done the next bit of the negotiations, and I suggest that you do the last bit of it. Meanwhile I'll do the civil war stuff.
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2002, 04:26   #54
Sprayber
Emperor

Before we go any further. lets first define these systems exactly.

I am operating under the assumption that Samnos and Naxos are in the same system. M6 on the Cooperate Sector map. (first page of thread)

The next systems are M5. M4, M3, M2, M1 respectivly.

Perhaps History should provide names for each of these before we proceed.

The Spartan Fleet started out between M2 and M4. No hope of getting to M6 or M5 before them being overrun. There was a small group of ships in M4 already. the corvettes that came in during the Hive battle were already in the area as a patrol. My post dealing with the scout ships occured in M4 as well the small wolkpak fleet had been ordered out of the system to prepare for raids against supply ships or any stragglers.

The Spartan Fleet will make it to M4 on time to effect some kind of resistence against the TA.

I just want everyone to be talking about the same thing. The compromise seems ok with me. But we do need to be on the same page.
Old April 16, 2002, 04:42   #55
Sprayber
Emperor

GeneralTacticus: If we do a time jump, it will be when everyone is ready. I don't want to force anyone to hurry up. Everyone has business to take care of before we consider a jump.

And general if you wanted ships, all you had to do was ask. Sparta would be happy to sell you arms. As long as they are used against Lysander's group or any Hiver. But I would assume that any deals with the Spartans wouldn't appear so well in the general public.

Just a question. What is the general attitude of the people in your faction towards Sparta? Not counting Lysander's group.

Mr. President: I hope that it goes without saying that some of the more sensitive ship designs will not be used for the deal with the Cadre. No Warlocks will be appearing in the Cadre systems will there
Old April 16, 2002, 05:37   #56
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 08:56
Sprayber: Warlocks are above-top-security, as is Firebrand Omega. You don't need to worry about that.

Mellian: Don't worry about it. There are no hard feelings. Let's just get on with business.

Quote:
Maybe Yang and Adam's should hook up? She might make a great concubine!
Yang better watch out, Kristy might make him her concubine!

As for time warps, my heart says no but the rest of me says yes. Either way is cool.
Old April 16, 2002, 06:51   #57
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 01:56
I'll save the thread and read it offline... Little elves are adjusting my head with powertools and stuff... that is, /me sick...
Old April 16, 2002, 07:07   #58
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by kassiopeia
I'll save the thread and read it offline... Little elves are adjusting my head with powertools and stuff... that is, /me sick...
Ah man. I just got over a very nasty cold myself. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Mr. President: I'm not really too keen on the idea of a time jump either. It looks like it is necessary. If there is a time jump, it may just be very short one. Just enough to put distance between this and the next installment.

My question becomes:

2 years
5 years
7 years
10 years

My personal preference would be as short as possible. But what do you think?
Old April 16, 2002, 09:37   #59
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 22:56
I am in favor a time jump, that way without this current war ganring all the attection I can do more with the Hammer of God rebels getting people angry at them.
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2002, 09:46   #60
History Guy
King

The jump:

I have said that I, like Franky and Sprayber, would rather not have one, and if we do I'd only want to jump about two years. If we jump I'd like enough time to see Tacticus' Laekdaemon Civil War brought to an end, the Protectorate's advances on the Hive halted (sorry, Lonestar, but it's necessary!), the secrets of the temple revealed (or at least come closer to being revealed), the travels of Greg and Filkins and Sym to go through all the way, the trip that Sym makes to the Hive, I'd like to see what happens to Randius Zakharov (namely, I'd like to see him wake up from a coma he received a loooooong time ago), and I'd like to do more work in the sub-plot on Delbar and the Morgan's Hideaway Mobsters that really wouldn't work now after a jump. That's just my opinion, if everyone else here wants a jump, then I won't argue.

Sorry you are ill, Kassiopeia. Came through a nasty flu a few weeks back...

The Corporate Sector--

Morgan designates:

M6: The Cycladic System (gas planet Crete, moons Samnos and Naxos, pretty well defended due to the border with Terra)
M5: The Triumvir System (planets Crassus, Caesar, and Pompey, almost undefended, the only things here are small nutrient farms and mining colonies)
M4: The Aegyptii System (four planets, defended lightly)
M3: The Aegyptii System (II) (three planets, another sun, different orbital patterns than M4)
M2: The Gyyr System (named after Gyyr, the Cepheleen high king in antiquity, was discovered by Morganite scout ships under the command of a Cepheleen captain, hence the name, four small planets, fairly well-defended)
M1: The Morgan System (named after you-know-who, eight planets, largest system in the Corporate Sector, well-defended)

Franky-- If I had to choose for independent planet, I'd go for Concordia. Sounds OK to me.

LMP-- Here's the deal, you can have the three systems (it's nice there, you'll like it!) and I'll keep Capella. As for armed discontents, I've already got plans for them.

Ahem, why wouldn't cigs be still around? Deirde brings tobacco over on the Unity, Morgan buys and plants it...and starts a monopoly on cigarette, cigar, pipe, and...hubbly-bubbly hookah production! I can see it now! It's feasible. As for aliens smoking it, they are just Cepheleens, they've been part of the Morgan Conglomerate for as long as any Cepheleen alive can remember, they've become very similiar to humans...heck they can even speak English with the help of an inserted chip in the throat to replace their missing vocal cords...

Last edited by History Guy; April 24, 2002 at 13:38.