Old April 19, 2002, 11:47   #91
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 17:56
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Who is this Guardian character that keeps popping up in the thread every now and then.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19, 2002, 16:02   #92
Mellian
Queen

Okay, right now, lets resolve the war:

I will save the pirate intro and print it out, so i can rewrite properlly on paper...and then quickly typed it out later....

I suggest maybe kass change some details in Stormhill's response, like we'll make peace after we get the three systems...give more of a neutral evasion response. And i'm sure we can figure out a better excuse then space anomelies for not getting messages from Kessel. Also maybe not have Earth Coalition declare war on the Believers, unless it won't lead into having them go to war with TA in general.

I will edit some details in some of posts in the story...so make sure to re-read them and adapt accordingly please would like peaceful resolution which doesn't involve TA not getting the three systems they just attacked and nearly fully captured Or TA loose any integrity/honor. Don't want Kerensky to look power hungry, blind and dumb ...because he is not.

After the battles are resolved by a cease fire, we can then work up to peace negociations at a neutral location... like either at an independent world or something.... which we need to decide.

-LMP
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19, 2002, 17:04   #93
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 01:56
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I'm a bit short on reading the story thread, so hang on before I can start contemplating on writing a post.

Mellian:

First off, I would really suggest using the Enter key more often when posting. Honestly. My eyes have a very bad habit of skipping long columns of solid text. Sorry.

I'll get into your story ideas later on once I get a little more acquainted with them, but you mentioned editing posts? I'm willing to do that, I recall saying myself sometime in the dark past that nothing is set in stone or something in that fashion.

If you could produce a list of what stuff would need altering, via PM or posting here, we could negotiate.

Hey, I could extract the Stormhill part from the Story thread, and then we could take it down to pieces and see what needs to be changed, OK?

By the way, fashion does have it's 'fads'. I see no reason why today's clothing could not be fashionable in the future - do remember that data is much more likely to remain intact, and as such we might see interesting courses in fashion in the coming centuries.

Sprayber, and others (Timewarp):

I'm quite indifferent in this matter. If it allows us to 'reset' and clear all created mishaps, fine by me. It just saddens me that the saga of Greg and Filkins would be cut short.

Of course, the lifespan of an Earther is so long in the 2700's that they would still be around. Not that sure on Sym (of whom I should also have some plans stacked up), though...

GeneralTacticus:

Nothing important, but this line in one of your story posts absolutely cracked me up:

Quote:
"This base now belongs to us." she announced over the network.

That's about all for today. You are so prolific that I have hard time keeping up.
Old April 19, 2002, 17:39   #94
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 18:56
Hmmm....so....

I'd just like to say I'm all for a timewarp...
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19, 2002, 20:45   #95
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 09:56
Quote:
GeneralTacticus:

Nothing important, but this line in one of your story posts absolutely cracked me up:
Quote:
"This base now belongs to us." she announced over the network.
I didn't actually intend that as joke, but if you found it funny, who cares?
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20, 2002, 00:31   #96
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by kassiopeia
I'm a bit short on reading the story thread, so hang on before I can start contemplating on writing a post.

Mellian:

First off, I would really suggest using the Enter key more often when posting. Honestly. My eyes have a very bad habit of skipping long columns of solid text. Sorry.
My first story that was posted on the AC fiction forum was guility of this. Paragraphs are always good.

Quote:
By the way, fashion does have it's 'fads'. I see no reason why today's clothing could not be fashionable in the future - do remember that data is much more likely to remain intact, and as such we might see interesting courses in fashion in the coming centuries.
I agree that some things would most likely come back into style. Those things though would have a 28th century feel to it. The concept of a tie would be there, but with a different look. I don't have to worry about that cause you will never see any Spartans in a suit and tie. Unless they were trying to look like other people for a reason

Quote:
Sprayber, and others (Timewarp):

I'm quite indifferent in this matter. If it allows us to 'reset' and clear all created mishaps, fine by me. It just saddens me that the saga of Greg and Filkins would be cut short.
No ones story will be cut short. We will continue with this time thread until everyone is comfortable with jumping. Besides Greg and Filkins are among my favorite aspects of the BAC universe. I swear they remind me of R2 and C3PO in a certain way.

Quote:
Of course, the lifespan of an Earther is so long in the 2700's that they would still be around. Not that sure on Sym (of whom I should also have some plans stacked up), though...
I've been meaning to ask. What is the average life span of an Earther these days?
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old April 20, 2002, 02:03   #97
Mellian
Queen

If a Earther was able to have Longivity and made sure not to get themselves killed, quite awhile. Because of overpopulation, access to it is very expensive

Kerensky is like a couple of centuries old....probably the oldest in the TAF too... but it no reason for him to be treated like a youngster now, or dumb.... he is geneticly altered after all, well, according to rumours.

-LMP
Old April 20, 2002, 02:19   #98
Sprayber
Emperor

I thought Longevity treatments were banned on in Sol?
Old April 20, 2002, 02:38   #99
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
So did I. I believe in the first discussion thread (when the main topic of discussion seemed to be starting up a Morgan/InEn war)Kass said that Longevity treatments and any genetic alterations other than those that cure disease are banned in Sol (or at least on Earth). The idea was that InEn would try to illegally buy some of LV and then sell it to the highest bidder on Earth.
Old April 20, 2002, 02:58   #100
Sprayber
Emperor

Question for everyone
How does your faction view the following things.

1. Logevity Treatments. and how available are they to the puplic?

2. The Aliens. How does your faction view the idea of alien influiences in your society. And how do you view the great alien powers

3. Chrion VS Terran. Is there any sense of a Chiron Vs Terran conflict or does it really matter.

I'm just curious. I'll fill in Sparta's when I finish eating.
Old April 20, 2002, 03:55   #101
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 08:56
Quote:
1. If you can pay for them, good for you.

2. No aliens need apply.

3. Step on my toes, and you could be made of cardboard for all I care. You go down NOW!

Er, sorry.
Old April 20, 2002, 04:58   #102
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 12:56
I'm here!

Hive views toward Sprayber's points:

1) Longevity Treatments-Hive personnel have access to life extension depending on their usefulness. Yang has stopped aging due to the amalgamation of technology from conquered civilizations. Regular citizens do not have access, only those that are considered priceless to Yang. Therefore Warmaster Kang, the Ministers, and various other individuals have access to life extension technology.

2a)Aliens and their influence-Obviously Hive views are very tolerant toward aliens...so long as they are GHE citizens. Yang could care less what species are, but is highly critical to those races that are not GHE members. Alien influence is nonexistent within the Empire due to the fact that traditional Hive values replace all other beliefs. Therefore "alien" influence isn't considered a threat....non-Hive influence is considered the real danger.

2b)Hive view to great alien powers-In the millenia long war between the Gorn and Bree, Yang has sided with the militaristic Bree (unofficially). Yang watched the Bree fight against the allies (Spartan-Drones-Morgan's-etc) and contacted them. In exchange for Hive information, Bree would give Hive limited tech. So far the relationship has been fruitful for both sides. Yangs view to the great alien powers is wariness (since they are more powerful than the GHE). Hive-Bree relations are limited. Other alien governments are considered hostile.

3)Chiron vs. Terrans- With the Terran declaration of Chironians disbanding and turn over their territories, Yang has considered the Terrans with suspiciousness. Yang no longer considers the Hive as a Chironian faction, but rather a totally separate entity altogether. Hive relations with Terra are growing due to personal reasons. Yang sees Terrans as potential allies against the Spartan/Drone/Morgan alliance and he would rather have the Terrans be the victor against the alliance. The Terran Declaration is ignored by GHE and believes that it does not apply to Hive.

Tidbits
Hive doctrine hasn't really changed in over 200 yrs. So there aren't "fads" as mentioned by the other authors. What a citizen is issued is their style of dress. Hiverian wardrobe hasn't changed much since the inception of the Bulwark Empire and the Xiero Commonwealth. Everything is utilitarian, meaning everything in Hive society has a purpose.

Other governments citizens who were alive during the FTL wars would not see much of a difference with Hive dress style. Modifications have been performed with the liberation of other races into the Empire. Hive society has "relaxed" somewhat over the centuries due to the application of Thought Control but the essence and basic core beliefs of the Human Hive remain. Strength through Numbers is one of the primary beliefs in Hive doctrine.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20, 2002, 05:20   #103
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 23:56
History I posted the "meeting". Be warned - the psych whips can cause psychotic episodes to untrained amateurs!

Quote:
1. Logevity Treatments. and how available are they to the puplic?

2. The Aliens. How does your faction view the idea of alien influiences in your society. And how do you view the great alien powers

3. Chrion VS Terran. Is there any sense of a Chiron Vs Terran conflict or does it really matter
1) Longevity Treatments are deemed cowardly on Saturn and even Queen Sanchez resists them, to start a new traditions of mortal monarchs. The spiritually guided people would seriously oppose them while wealthy industrialists and moguls (especially on non-Titan worlds, right now only Rhea ) will try whatever they can to live "forever"

2) We have no (current) aliens influencing our society but our leaders would seem most interested contacting some to gain technology to rival other Sol factions

3) Since we aided Morgan we deem humanity as a whole and for us, we don't see any difference apart from different factions/nations/powers that sprung up in the depths of space. We couldn't care less about the ideas of TA - we just see the alliance as means of gaining economic and political stability in the region
Old April 20, 2002, 11:58   #104
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 16:56
Cyber! Thanks alot for posting. As soon as Franky posts, I'll do my posts!

Sprayber:

1. Longevity Vaccines are available to all members of the Morganite Cabinent, and government. All BoT members and Senate members have subscriptions as well. Minor members of the government, and army men will have to buy them themselves. The Vaccine is available to the public, but it is expensive, and so only the middle class and the first class can afford them. Of course, that means just about anybody except the drones can get them.

2. Morganites and aliens don't really mix well. Cepheleens are conquered, and they are part of the Conglomerate, but they aren't really appreciated, as they tend to be very rebellious, and did in fact rebel from the Conglomerate ten years before the story began, but were re-conquered. As for groups like the Bree and Gorn and Progenitors, Morganites don't usually talk to them, and every time they've come into contact with the Bree it's ended in violence. As for Tarls, they did meet up with Morganites peacefully, but no one knows the details of the meeting outside the officials of the Conglomerate. For all we know, there could have been some trades, or even some treaties.

3. As for the Terrans, we aren't bothered by them, and just up to the InEn incident we had some fairly good business going on between us. The Saturnians, of course, are our good friends.
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20, 2002, 12:04   #105
Sprayber
Emperor

1. Logevity Treatments are reserved for Spartan elites. Spartan Elites are those that have served Sparta in the military, scientific, and dimplomatic areas for a period of 25 years and have met certain conditions. Those citizens that have not been in the regular military or government service are not allowed treatment. They may live their natural life but no more. About 75% of the citizens are serving in the military or governement in some capacity that are allow them partial or full treatments. The precentage that do not serve in the military or governement has been falling steadly for the past 100 years as those people die off and their children are choosing to serve. But the state does not force anyone into governement service. Those who do not are relagated to mining, factory working, general low skill duties. Even those citizens are required to serve in militia positions. Clones are not allowed logevity treatments.

2. All aliens are mistrusted. There is one alien race inside the Spartan Federation and they are prohibited from leaving their planet. Only a few are allowed interaction with regular Spartan citizens. Only a few officials responsible for their affairs are allowed contact.

the major alien races are looked upon as a threat to Sparta and indeed the entire human sphere. The Spartans have tried in the past to contact the Gorn for cooperation with the Bree but have been unable to achieve much success. Gorn ships have been know to interfere in battles between Spartan and Bree ships but that was only to destroy the Bree not necessarly to save the Spartans. Sparta no longer considers the Hive as a human civilization. That may imply that Sparta doesn't feel it necessary to observe the laws of war set up between human states when dealing with the Hive.

3. Sparta has no loyality to Earth or Chiron. Sparta has treaties with Morgan Interstellar and the Drone Republic and considers them allies. Other states are dealt with on an individual basis according to what is in the best interest of Sparta.
Old April 20, 2002, 12:09   #106
Sprayber
Emperor

So History Guy. Will some of those wonderful toys find their way to Sparta?

For a resonable price of course.
Old April 20, 2002, 13:29   #107
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
Gee, proof that i was ignored since the beginning

I countered kass with that saying, if genetic/cybernetic alterations were banned, then they are banning the Scions...as they are technicly humans merged with biometal.

we simply decided that Longivity and so on is hard to have access to... and also depends on the Member faction as well. For the Scions, their lives is naturally extended and are currently not suffering to much from overpopulation, but is starting to get crowded on the Dark Planet thought.... Also, when Wolf and Ross was colonized, there was quite a lot of people who moved to those systems.... and for Capella, due to distance and being a military oriented colony, not as many people went that way. That is why the colonization rush would happen, once there is somereforms concerning TA colonization regulations.

-LMP
Old April 20, 2002, 14:47   #108
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mellian

Gee, proof that i was ignored since the beginning

There has been statements made since then including Cybergod's regarding the status of the treatments in Sol. Thats why I asked the question. I wanted to get things straight once and for all.
Old April 20, 2002, 18:34   #109
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Quote:
1. Logevity Treatments are reserved for Spartan elites...Clones are not allowed longevity treatments.

2. All aliens are mistrusted. There is one alien race inside the Spartan Federation and they are prohibited from leaving their planet....That may imply that Sparta doesn't feel it necessary to observe the laws of war set up between human states when dealing with the Hive...
It sounds like the Hive is more humanitarian than the Spartans!

All people are considered equal in the Hive. Clone, alien, handicapped, all are treated the same...so long as they serve the Emperor.

*Tsk, tsk* Yang is greatly distressed that Kessel and his warmongers see the Hive a deplorable government. We'll eventually see whose ideals and beliefs become the dominant one!

Bwa-ha-ha-ha!
Old April 20, 2002, 18:36   #110
Frankychan
King

Hey History Guy,

Dude, I'm sorry. I've been slackin' off. My friends introduced me to Half Life: Counterstrike and I've been playin it instead of trying to cook up the latest post. This time I will get finished w/it!
Old April 20, 2002, 20:47   #111
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 16:56
Sprayber-- For a price...a very very big price...

Franky-- Don't worry about it. Post whenever you are ready!

I just posted yet another episode in the mafia subplot. I am still trying to figure out if there is a way I can put it on hold and pick it up after the time warp!
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20, 2002, 21:24   #112
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Quote:
1) The Cadre's view on the Longevity Vaccine is based on the fact that they don't have much of it. It's distributed from the top down, until it's all used up.

2) Our view on aliens is mainly that of Menelaus: he hates the Progenitors (they did after all nearly kill him at birth with nerve gas). The other alien races don't even really know about the Cadre, but the basic Cadre attitude about them is to deal with them as neccesary.

3) Cadre doesn't really care much about the Chiron Vs. Terran conflict (as it seems it will soon be over), but is rather more sympathetic towards the Chironians than the Terrans.
Old April 20, 2002, 23:22   #113
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by frankychan

It sounds like the Hive is more humanitarian than the Spartans!

All people are considered equal in the Hive. Clone, alien, handicapped, all are treated the same...so long as they serve the Emperor.

*Tsk, tsk* Yang is greatly distressed that Kessel and his warmongers see the Hive a deplorable government. We'll eventually see whose ideals and beliefs become the dominant one!

Bwa-ha-ha-ha!
Whoever said the Spartans were good guys. They had out the treatments to those that serve the state. Aliens are seen as a bad influience on society. Human in general, and Spartan in particular. The Hive doesn't call itself a human civ anymore, so the Spartans are more than happy to feel the same way.
Old April 20, 2002, 23:25   #114
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus

1) The Cadre's view on the Longevity Vaccine is based on the fact that they don't have much of it. It's distributed from the top down, until it's all used up.

Yet another opportunity for trade with Sparta. Unless you want the expensive Morgan variety that works just the same
Old April 21, 2002, 06:21   #115
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 08:56
Er . . . Anybody out there? Apolyton has risen again (OH MY GOD! IT'S UNDEAD!) and someone bumped a Chiron Chronicle thread (OH MY GOD! IT'S UNDEAD!) . . .
Old April 21, 2002, 07:11   #116
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. President
Er . . . Anybody out there? Apolyton has risen again (OH MY GOD! IT'S UNDEAD!) and someone bumped a Chiron Chronicle thread (OH MY GOD! IT'S UNDEAD!) . . .
Has CC risen from the grave?
Old April 21, 2002, 15:18   #117
Sprayber
Emperor

Has everyone survived the move? The temp forums were terrible.

btw this post marks my transition from a mere King to the lofty status of a Emperor. Does that mean that the GHE is now mine?
Old April 21, 2002, 15:56   #118
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

GeneralTacticus:

Unintentional humour is of the best kind.

No, Longevity is not banned, it's just fecking expensive. InEn wanted to import it because the government has made it's fabrication so damn expensive; they could of imported it for a very small price in comparison to getting the materials in Sol. OK? All happy now? InEn was the sole proprietor, so currently access to it is scarce.

Earther lifespan:

Let's see. Now, health care is obviously very advanced. Genetical diseases etc. are rather nonexistant, sickness, should some sprout, can be quickly and effectively treated. On a very populated planet, nutrition amongts the public is controlled, and as such, such health strains as obesity in the West or likewise starvation in the third world is rare. So, an estimate of around 145 years for women and 135 for men, that would be an average... oldest Terran alive could be over 190 years, nearly 200, once the generation that has gained the most from the technological advancements reach that age. So the oldest Terran is in making...
Unless someone has a good point over this that supercedes.
Old April 21, 2002, 16:00   #119
Kassiopeia
Emperor

I am not sure of the situation at the moment, but it would seem that History Guy has some trouble logging in (got a PM from him on CivFanatics last night, if I can fit the EST to GMT properly) and may not be able to post for a while. History, post here if it's all sorted out.
Old April 21, 2002, 16:03   #120
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Third one does the charm...
Quote:
btw this post marks my transition from a mere King to the lofty status of a Emperor. Does that mean that the GHE is now mine?
Hey, you can have the GHE, I'll take the Saturnian Kingdom.