Old April 21, 2002, 16:05   #121
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 17:56
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by kassiopeia
I am not sure of the situation at the moment, but it would seem that History Guy has some trouble logging in (got a PM from him on CivFanatics last night, if I can fit the EST to GMT properly) and may not be able to post for a while. History, post here if it's all sorted out.
Is he having trouble getting here or just logging in? Maybe he should email MarkG or DanQ
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21, 2002, 16:17   #122
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 01:56
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Is he having trouble getting here or just logging in? Maybe he should email MarkG or DanQ.
I'll duplicate the message here (it was 3:54 EST by the way, how long ago *is* that?)

Hey! I can't access my control panel or post anything up at Apolyton! Grrrrrr...wait till I get my hands on...Well, anyway, it says my password is incorrect!! So, tell Sprayber and the bunch for me not to "interfere in the glorious plans of Morgan Interstellar" until I can get back in! Thankee!

So it seems that his password has gone awry. I had to re-register here aswell, but it did accept my pw all well.

I'm sure that as a resourceful fellow he has already contacted the administration... and if he can read this thread, he probably is doing it as I type
Could PM him to be on the safe side, though.
Old April 21, 2002, 16:29   #123
Sprayber
Emperor

Some people mentioned that they had to type their password like 5 or 6 times to get in. Just a few ghosts in the machine I guess.

No worries. We aren't going to do anything drastic. It will be resolved soon. I'm sure he is bombarding the admins as we speak.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old April 21, 2002, 16:32   #124
Sprayber
Emperor

By the way its about 4:30 pm eastern now. 3:30pm Central. Me and History are in the same time zone.
Old April 21, 2002, 18:23   #125
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 08:56
Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
btw this post marks my transition from a mere King to the lofty status of a Emperor. Does that mean that the GHE is now mine?
Wow! I haven't even got enough posts to use a custom avatar yet! (Although I need one fewer now.)
Old April 21, 2002, 18:41   #126
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 16:56
OK, you can quit biting your nails in suspense, I'm back. It was a little tricky, but I managed it.

OK, so now what?
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21, 2002, 18:45   #127
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Hey! You're back! And I was just replying to your thread on Civfanatics, complete with cheesy ad!
Old April 21, 2002, 18:54   #128
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Yeah Mr. President. Hey! Cheesy, wasn't it??

At least it wasn't a sleezy add, like "So, hey, maybe you guys should go down to Apolyton and read BAC...before something very unfortunate happens...like say a block of limestone is dropped on you, or your telephone accidentally elecrifies you...or somethin'".

Hey, thanks for your help Kass!!
Old April 21, 2002, 19:11   #129
Mr. President
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
OK, so now what?
I really couldn't say what comes next, since I never know what's going on anyway.

We could market Beyond Alpha Centauri like Microsoft markets all of their junk! "Read this story or we'll spam your forum into oblivion!"

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...threadid=20834
Old April 21, 2002, 19:50   #130
History Guy
King

Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

(Maniacal laughter fills the discussion thread)
Old April 21, 2002, 20:35   #131
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 18:56
Have no fear, the Protectorate shall post tomorrow.

What's it about? Let's just say, The Dosi, CHOAM, and talking plants!
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21, 2002, 23:08   #132
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 12:56
Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
Has everyone survived the move? The temp forums were terrible....
btw this post marks my transition from a mere King to the lofty status of a Emperor. Does that mean that the GHE is now mine?

Grrrrr I...uh...Yang is supposed to control the GHE!

Well, History my revised draft is almost done. I'll DEFINTELY post by tonight.

My Counterstrike fix has been satisfied today!
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22, 2002, 09:37   #133
History Guy
King

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hah! Good post, Franky. I'll start work right away on my response to it. You don't mind if a certain damaged corvette gets blown up, do ya?
Old April 22, 2002, 11:20   #134
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
Hey, thanks for your help Kass!!
Don't mention it.

Now, people, me feels that a post is wanting to get written. What should it include? G & F and Myssym obviously, something else? And there's that message that needs editing.
Old April 22, 2002, 11:35   #135
History Guy
King

Hmmm...well, Kass, I'd definitely like to see what you do with Mr. Sym and my heroes Greg and Filkins. If you keep them up, Morgan might just smuggle in some longevity vaccines for them...

Could you put in a little bit to show what the Earthers are up to about Samnos?
Old April 22, 2002, 11:44   #136
Kassiopeia
Emperor

I'm sure something can be squeezed in...

I really enjoy writing Greg and Filkins. Probably it's because of the dialogue I can write for them - I don't get a chance to write any spiky remarks and stuff of that sort in any other context. But really, these two chaps definitely need something more elaborate. Definitely.

Afterthought, edited in - gosh, a TV series would be smashing good.

Of course, now you'll probably tell me that dialogue of the two hasn't caught your attention at all...
Old April 22, 2002, 12:15   #137
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
1. Logevity Treatments. and how available are they to the puplic?
TAF: Soldiers automaticly get longivity treatments, a long with some or all of their family (depending on who they are and where they are located).

TA: Available, but access to it is hard due to price and where you must get it. If it wasn't for the overpolulation problem, TA would guerantee access for TA citizens... especially now that InEn will be merge into TA itself.

InEn: as kass said, but getting merged into TA

Quote:
2. The Aliens. How does your faction view the idea of alien influiences in your society. And how do you view the great alien powers
TAF: They keep track of any foreigners within TA in general...and aliens are simply a lot easier to keep tabs obviously. They accept all sentient beings... and there is already a few Scions (not exactly aliens, but look like it) serving in the TAF.

TA: As part of the constitution and slightly modified UN Charter, all sentient beings are accepted.

Quote:
3. Chrion VS Terran. Is there any sense of a Chiron Vs Terran conflict or does it really matter.
TAF: Aware of it and not much they can do about it. Both the Chironians and Terrans are humans, not a big of deal.

TA: *shrugs* distinction started by the Chironians.

History - if your doing mafia stuff, there is pirate/data angel mafias around
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22, 2002, 12:22   #138
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Oh, btw, only the High Admiralty and the highest members of Government in EC get Longevity Treatments, and even that only during office.
Actually, not many of them use the treatments, as it is considered not that attractive and practical; besides, especially the politicians wish to be hush-hush with the 'elitistic' feel it might give to the public.

Supreme Commander Wakazashi does, however, tend to them from time to time.

I'll get more details on alien relations later, I need to refresh my knowledge of them. The Datalinks ought to prove useful here, yes?
Old April 22, 2002, 16:25   #139
Sovereign
Prince

Hi guys!

I have several things I'd like to settle with you guys.

F.C. could you pick up the Univ - Hive diplomacy at Planet Drone Mound for the time being? I don't want it to fall behind due to my unexpected absence from the storyline.

Mellian or Kass, I was wondering if University could open up some new relations with the TA? Perhaps more trading and more friendly relations?

History, no worries, I'm not offended or upset by you or anything. Its just that the MI - TAF war is getting real messy.

Sprayber, here's my view on longveity, aliens, and chironians vs terrans...

1. Longveity is available free of charge to the most brilliant scientists and researchers, as well as people who have extraordiarly high IQ. In addition, military commanders recieve it as well.

Longveity is also available to the public, but they have to pay for it. Basically, its "Anything is available to the Public, except military and top secret information".

2. Aliens. University has artifical intelligence beings, so aliens are generally accepted. I have an interesting idea for the Spira system... the name of Spira should be a hint.. Final Fantasy X, anyone?

But in this universe, that world doesn't have any magic, aeons, etc. Just the mix of people like Ronso, Al-Bhed, Guado, etc. Then again, my imagination may be getting out of hand

Seeing that TAF, Morganites, Hive, etc has minor aliens as members, University has aliens of its own. The Al-Bhed are extremely good with machinery and technology, like in the Final Fantasy game. The Ronso would make good infantry troops with their combat prowess and fercority. The Guado would be thinkers, researchers, and philosophers.

It makes sense, and it would work well, since they have the same traits in the video game though. Keep in mind, the super-monster SIN, in the BAC universe, could have been a massive sea serpent or dinosaur monster like the Loch Ness. That world could have these massive sea creatures, and one such creature grew an appetite for humans and destruction, and became that "SIN" from the video game. When I think about it, it does look like a dinosaur or a 4 legged sea serpent.

One other good reference would be these HUGE sea monsters from Star Wars, Episode 1 where Jar Jar Binks and Obi Wan went in that small sub, and they escaped several 200 or 300 foot sea monsters.

3. Chironian vs. Terrans. Well, University is beginning to consider itself independent of Chironian and Terran influences. University is beginning to develop into an totally indepedent faction like the Protectorate, not following "Chironian standards" or "Terran standards".

At any rate, I think I just might be able to finally write a post this week, now that things have cleared up somewhat. Even if its a short post, compared to my long ones from earlier.

I'm still alive and kicking!

Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22, 2002, 16:34   #140
History Guy
King

Kass-- A TV SERIES??? Ummm...uh...you know, I never noticed the dialogue ever...nope....

Mellian-- Heh heh...perhaps some Morganite mafia groups can do a little dealing...and double dealing...with them at some point. The Morganite mafia guys are tough bozos. They will deal in most anything...top secret tech stuff, ships, gambling, drink, drugs, and they'll even do assasinations for the right price. However, they are somehow still loyal to their faction in the sense that some gangsters in America were loyal during the World Wars...

Sovereign-- Glad to see that you are back. I'd be happy with any post from the University at this moment, even if all it has is Zakharov waking up and saying "Man, I think I've been out cold for months..." before he notices the calendar, and he gives a big scream...
Old April 22, 2002, 18:53   #141
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

History Guy- Yeah, blow up whatever! The suicide ships are meant to be destroyed...survivors would be surprising to Hive command.

Sovereign-Ok, I'll pick up the GHE/UCSS diplomatic procedures. Good to see that you are back. Just tell me your idea's on what you want accomplished at Drone Mound and I'll fill in the rest. But the post will definetly have a "hive feel" to it.
Old April 22, 2002, 21:56   #142
Centauri18
Prince

Local Time: 15:56
Hi, History Guy told me that there were some open spots? Well, I'm new at writing stories about the factions, well, in situations like these, but if I could have a co-writer - you know, to bounce a few ideas off of. Stuff like that.
Old April 22, 2002, 22:20   #143
Frankychan
King

Hello Centauri18!

As the representative of the Greater Hive Empire I humbly welcome you to the Beyond Alpha Centauri Thread. (if this is the thread you are asking about).

If you are willing to participate in the BAC collaboration thread, here are the factions covered as well as the author:

1. Greater Hive Empire (Human Hive)-Frankychan

2. Spartan Federation-Sprayber (he is the "thread god")

3. Morgan Interstellar (Morgan Industries)- History Guy

4. Free Drone Republic (Drone Empire)- Mr. President

5. Firaxis (independent world)- Mr. President

6. University Commonwealth of States (University)- Sovereign

7. Saturnian Kingdom (break away government in Sol system)- Cybergod

8. Earth Coalition (Earth survives post-Chiron launch)- Kass

9. Terran Alliance (umbrella organization for Sol factions)- Mellian/LMP

10. Protectorate of Man (offshoot of Sol colonization effort)- Lonestar

11. Laekdaemon Cadre (decendents of Spartans)- General Tacticus

12. Believers/Hammer of God/Soldiers of God- Silence

I think I got all the factions down.

The Gaians and Peacekeepers are both in limbo right now as their authors Alynzia and Guardian have not posted yet. Although Guardian pokes his head in every now and then.

In the spirit of the Hive Empire, Yang welcomes you to his....our thread....Emperor Yang hopes you see that the Hive Empire is a most gracious ally!
Old April 22, 2002, 22:31   #144
Centauri18
Prince

How about the University? They were always my favorite faction.
Old April 22, 2002, 22:36   #145
Centauri18
Prince

Oh yeah, and thanks a lot for the acknowledgement. I appreciate it.
Old April 22, 2002, 22:54   #146
Frankychan
King

Sorry Centauri,

The University is already claimed by Sovereign. It is now the University Commonwealth of States.
Old April 22, 2002, 22:56   #147
Lonestar
inmate
King

We can let 'im have the "Cult of Planet"...
Old April 22, 2002, 23:29   #148
Mellian
Queen

No time to do anything, as three other people wants the comp right now, grrrrrrrrr

Pirates also controlled by me, but i can negociate having people run any clans... except ones currently in the 'Kane Bloc'.
Also rather keep an hold on the Scions too

there is Mars Combine (second biggest member in TA), Venus (third, and as special side notes concerning them, PM me if interested), anarchistic Belters, and possibly the future members of Wolf and Ross as i plan for them to peacefully declare independence and become members within TA.

Cult of Planet is seriously not available, mainly because, they are stuck on Chiron and never done anything off it...except some of their people escaping chiron with the Gaians or as tourists/scholars at Tau Ceti. anyway, their faction will not fit to well in BAC, as they are mainly base on dealing with mindworms

Anyway, Centauri, has to be an Human Faction too, just to say.

-Mellian
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22, 2002, 23:29   #149
Lonestar
inmate
King

History Guy

Ian is planning on offering Morgan a Executive Directorship in CHOAM, the huge corporation that manages Intersteller commerce between the Protectorate and the Dosi Federation. Presumably, it would also then be involved economically with MI. Thoughts?
Old April 22, 2002, 23:30   #150
Centauri18
Prince

Mars is okay with me.