Old April 27, 2002, 09:08   #241
Sovereign
Prince

Local Time: 17:56
Local Date: October 31, 2010
After reading the latest the last few posts, with Mellian and GeneralTactius and President, I'm growing more and more bothered and upset. Two things bother me.

First, President is a good writer, and I do not want him to leave.

Second, Mellian, these insults are unncessary. If you call someone stupid, dimwitted, or low creativity skills, thats going under the belt and people aren't going to take and take it. This isn't the place or time to insult others about our unique story ideas and styles. We are supposed to be friends, helping each other write up a good story in our relaxation time, and make it enjoyable for readers.

I could have decided "Forget it, I'm not continueing to write for BAC" but I still do. You know why? Because I enjoy writing, and interacting with other writers. This is a good experience for me to express my creativity, and meet other writers. It also makes me happy to be able to express my imagination and having fun doing it.

I didn't sign up onto BAC to have people fight each other, yell at each other, insult each other, etc. on their writing skills, creativity, methods of writing, etc.

Frankchan writes things from Hive view.

Sprayber writes things from Spartan view.

Historyguy writes things from Morganite view.

Cybergod writes things from Saturn view.

Lonestar writes things from Protectorate view.

Need I go on?

They all have different factions, different personalities in story, and in real life collorabating right here. They share their different views and have different standards, yet we all work together to make a good story. We all signed up to do something fun, with different factions and different mindsets. It will be a shame if BAC is ruined by this squabble, and President leaving.

Come on, dudes. President please don't leave. Just ignore Mellian's insults and keep up the good work on Drones and Firaxis. Don't let Mellian's insults get to you, or give up because of her. Please stick with us, and if you leave, BAC will be deprived one of its good writers. Keep your head up high. I learned this the hard way in school.

Frankychan, Sprayber, History, Kass, Cyber, Lonestar, etc. Please stay together and keep making more good story posts. Don't leave because someone gets on your nerves. Hell, I won't leave BAC, even though I had several "heated" discussions with Mellian about University tech and stuff. I kept my head high and stayed with you guys. Please do the same, you guys owe it to our loyal readers, our imaginations, and a venue of happiness and enjoyment by doing this story.

Mellian, to be honest, you almost drove away President two weeks ago, and you might have sent him away for good this time. Such attitude and behavior isn't good for the BAC story, because soon we may lose more writers, and where will our project go? Into obscurity. Angry authors. No more enjoyment of BAC.

Guys, lets stick together. Look at Spartan Chronicles as an example of a story thread struggling, yet makes it. And that is a hell of a great story. Lets aspire to make BAC as good as Spartan Chronicles, or even better (no put-down of SC intended).

(sigh) I guess these are my two cents concerning this author spate and argueing.
Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2002, 11:07   #242
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 16:56
Kassiopeia-- Forget about it. You never insulted anybody.

Mr. President

I know that little we can say can dissuade you from leaving now, and I would not blame you for doing so in light of the circumstances. As everyone has expressed, LMP's actions were foolish and puerile. If you leave now, BAC is sunk. So many plots will be left hanging. Besides, you are one of the very best writers here, and indeed, one of the very best writers on the whole bloody forum! I do hope that you shall simply ignore what LMP says (preferably, about everything LMP says) and you stick on.

I wouldn't blame you in the least if you left us for good, however. I must admit I was sorely tempted to leave myself due to LMP's words, and I still am, to be honest. Unless things change right now, I'm off. I hope that you will stay on, but there is nothing I can do to convince you to do so. If you stay on, it must be, of course, your own decision.

Sprayber-- Your words are, as always, irrefutable, and I agree with each and every one of your points...and heartily endorse them.

Sovereign-- Thanks for your imput. It is both sound and irrefutable. I suspect, much to my sorrow, that Mr. President is indeed leaving for good. I am ununique in the fact that LMP's foolish words upsetted me deeply, and I very nearly left BAC for good because of them. I will stay this time, but if there are any more insults by any writers to any other writers, I too will most definetly leave.
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2002, 11:12   #243
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 18:56
I won't be leaving because "someone got on my nerves", but I will be leaving for 2& half months June 5th.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2002, 11:30   #244
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 01:56
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I am saddened of the fact that the most intriguing subplot of the Drone Temple will remain as it is, and due to the loss of a very good author. And like History Guy said, if there's any more of this rubbish ever again, that's it for me too.

And, I wholeheartedly agree with Sovereign... though I do understand if Mr President does not wish to continue with writing in BAC.

Why is it that these excellent works of writing always seem to collapse on themselves? I hope history won't repeat itself here.
Old April 27, 2002, 12:29   #245
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 23:56
I don't wish to repeat what the rest of you (above) have just said, but I agree 100% with you Kass, Sovereign, History and Sprayber.

Mr. President, please don't leave! If one brick falls the whole wall collapses...

Story - Related:
Kass, should I write up a post that would open dialogue between us? BTW, I sincerelly hope I haven't offended any EC politician with my "words of freedom"...

And could someone please tell me how soon should Constantin, son of Nicholas Popullos, be born?
Old April 27, 2002, 13:14   #246
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 16:56
I agree with Kass and Cyber.

Cybergod-- I don't think Constantin will be around for a while yet. Storywise, Sovereign has just told us that this is May. Constantin, I estimate, was conceived in February. He should be an October baby, then. I'd say that he should be about ready soon after the Morganites and the Terrans make peace.
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2002, 13:29   #247
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
Sovereign has just told us that this is May. Constantin, I estimate, was conceived in February. He should be an October baby, then. I'd say that he should be about ready soon after the Morganites and the Terrans make peace.
On his Planet it may be May.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2002, 16:17   #248
Cybergod
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
Cybergod-- I don't think Constantin will be around for a while yet. Storywise, Sovereign has just told us that this is May. Constantin, I estimate, was conceived in February. He should be an October baby, then. I'd say that he should be about ready soon after the Morganites and the Terrans make peace.
Whoops! I seem to have misread Sovereign's post and skipped that vital piece of info! Sorry!

Hmm... An October baby - that means that he will be a Libra - perfect for a balanced and well-manared ruler (in contrast to some Emperors and evil overlords somewhere in depths of space... )

Quote:
On his Planet it may be May

How do you count time on other colonies??? Do you continue to use Earth systems or make up something native? This should bei nteresting...
Old April 27, 2002, 16:27   #249
Cybergod
Prince

Quote:
look at the morganites able to pull off a stunt like sending a fleet right into Sol luckily not hitting anything and quickly take over
The SK is partially to blame for that as we sold them info on Sol space (when we had that scene on the Moon, with Kass' character which I adore to read about , where our agent stole 2 pieces of data), so we basically sold them Sol system map, so morganites did NOT go into Sol system blindly.
Old April 27, 2002, 17:18   #250
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 12:56
It will be sad to see Mr. President leave because I was intrigued with the "Temple" subplot. But, if he feels that his course of action is the right one, I will support it. I, for one, do not want to see a talented writer such as Mr. President leave, but at the same time I do not want to riddle him with guilt.

On a lighter note-

Cybergod-Sorry, I do not have any idea's about Constantin's birth.

......"Emperor's and Evil Overlords" huh? So....you're gonna take potshots at Emperor Yang as well? It's all good, cause Hive/Saturian relations will certainly develop in the near future *hint-hint*
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2002, 17:37   #251
Sprayber
Emperor

To take my mind of all the crap I have been busy today. If you want to see what a Gorn looks like then click the link

http://www.geocities.com/kessel74/Sp...?1019950314950
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old April 27, 2002, 17:42   #252
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Cybergod

How do you count time on other colonies??? Do you continue to use Earth systems or make up something native? This should bei nteresting...
The Spartans at least measure time according to Sparta Prime constants. But when dealing with other govermnments, they use Standard time. Standard time is the old Chiron time. Current Standard Year is 2701, which just happens to be the same for the Terrans. Technically though the Spartans don't even have a May Their year is longer than an Earth one.

I do like your idea for a October baby though.
Old April 27, 2002, 18:43   #253
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Sovereignand General Tacticus-

Good posts, both of you! Like Lysander's speech, very rousing. Also like the description on how Prokhor Zak was assassinated by Believer's.

Re-reading the story thread posts, I discovered something I missed....

Marcus Kessel's link to the Cadre. How'd he find out???
Old April 27, 2002, 18:45   #254
Frankychan
King

One last thing:

Sprayber-do you think you can post up a picture of the Bree again? I kinda want to have them on my site.
Old April 27, 2002, 19:39   #255
Mellian
Queen

Okay, no time to read everything....

First: Sorry for the insult, yes it is immature. won't state any excuse because there is no point.

Second: as for consulting...hello!!! didn't i say way back when how the pirates will come in, involving the destruction of a Warlock and the Drones loosing a Freighter/Transport? I also posted the "script" before i ever posted in the story... and i left a lot of time for people to discuss............

now, no bloody time to argue with you people.

-Mel
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2002, 21:08   #256
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 09:56
Mellian:

I think you did mention that some time in the distant past, but I can't find the place where you mentioned it so I don't know what you actually said.
However, I don't recall you mentioning anything about using pre-sentient algorithms, if I'm wrong please correct me.
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2002, 07:08   #257
Sprayber
Emperor

Some friendly advice for everyone.

Read what you write in his thread before you post the message. If your mad or upset then I suggest you postpone reponding until the next day or until you can respond without insults.

THIS IS NOT THE OFF TOPIC. where a speedy response is necessary. It's not even necessary there. Some of you are regulars or semi regulars on the OT so you know what I'm talking about. Lonestar is another vetern of the OT wars so he definitly knows what I'm talking about. There it's expected and its almost a game in of itself. But here it is not. If this happens again people will leave and all the work that has been put in on it will have been for nothing. This is just as much your project as it is mine.

Mellian: Wasn't your original plan to take another Warlock vessel? Things were kind of hectic about that time for me, so I might have been mistaken.
Old April 28, 2002, 07:13   #258
Sprayber
Emperor

Franky I'll post pictures of the Bree on that same page within the day.

I was looking through some pages this litte number reminded me of the Hive.

http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/c...whole.jpg.html
Old April 28, 2002, 08:57   #259
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
Kass, should I write up a post that would open dialogue between us? BTW, I sincerelly hope I haven't offended any EC politician with my "words of freedom"...
Yes, you go first.

Oh please, you have already offended all the voters of DUE, about 9 - 11 billion people.

Hey, hey, I already made up a tacky slogan for the Police State Coalition of the 2710's.
One people. One planet. One government.

Or should that be One leader.?
Old April 28, 2002, 09:23   #260
Cybergod
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by kassiopeia
One people. One planet. One government.

Or should that be One leader.?
So we have reached a deal! You will be stuck on your little ONE planet while you leave us our riches of Saturn...

Of course ONE leader... who else could succede Maria but Constantin?
Old April 28, 2002, 09:32   #261
Kassiopeia
Emperor

*watches in giggles as Cybergod lives in his little fantasy world*

It could be if things turn sour for the EC...

Waittasecond! That should be One people - one galaxy - one leader. Or One people - one system - one leader.

That's odd, having a fantasy world inside a fantasy world.
Old April 28, 2002, 09:50   #262
Cybergod
Prince

Hm... I'm sure that would never happen...
Old April 28, 2002, 09:54   #263
Cybergod
Prince

OK this is Queen Maria Sanchez... now
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	maria1.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	14200  
Cybergod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2002, 09:59   #264
Kassiopeia
Emperor

I'll admit, she's quite stunning. If she weren't a Nova Saturnian, she'd make a good, say, Minister of Foreign Affairs for the Coalition. Even the Prime Minister... no, what am I talking about?

Have you drawn that?
Old April 28, 2002, 10:01   #265
Cybergod
Prince

and this is here as a young Nova Saturna agent...
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	maria2young.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	14201  
Old April 28, 2002, 10:03   #266
Cybergod
Prince

Quote:
Have you drawn that?
No way! I didn't even consider taking art at school! I took it from this site I found flicking through Sprayber's attachments...

http://ewsearch.lysator.liu.se

Hope someone doesn't sue me for copyright...
Old April 28, 2002, 10:04   #267
Kassiopeia
Emperor

I thought we had a thread for posting pictures of characters *cough cough*
Old April 28, 2002, 10:07   #268
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
No way! I didn't even consider taking art at school! I took it from this site I found flicking through Sprayber's attachments...
Oh. Whoever drew them, is, eh, *nearly* as good at drawing as my girlfriend.

Btw, neither did I.
Old April 28, 2002, 10:09   #269
Cybergod
Prince

Quote:
I thought we had a thread for posting pictures of characters *cough cough*
Really? Do you mean the Alpha Centauri Datalinks? Whoops!

Isn't it weird we are cross-posting Kass?
Old April 28, 2002, 10:12   #270
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Really? Do you mean the Alpha Centauri Datalinks? Whoops!

Isn't it weird we are cross-posting Kass
Actually, there's the Character thread buried somewhere here.

And yes, it's weird.