Old April 15, 2002, 13:42   #1
DaveV
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Local Time: 19:01
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Pokemon
Don't laugh. Behind all the marketing hype and way-too-cute little critters, there's a game with a lot of depth. I got sucked in by helping my son negotiate his Pokemon Silver game on his Gameboy. Now I'm plodding through a game on my own. This game has a lot of the attributes I like: a huge number of paths to victory, exploration, making the most of limited resources, and a wealth of strategies and counter-strategies. I've seen several polls on "most anticipated game of 2002/2003"; I'd have to say it's Pokemon Advance for me.
Old April 15, 2002, 13:49   #2
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 17:01
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The games are actually pretty good...what got me was everything else that went with it. I worked at Software Etc. during the whole "1999 Pokemon craze"... sheesh, I was about to snap if asked again about the cards, or action figures, or whatever else...
Old April 15, 2002, 23:27   #3
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 09:01
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The games are actually quite good, but I've never been patient enough to play one through to the end. The last experience levels you need to beat the bosses are very, very hard to get and I just didn't have the time to put into it.