Old April 16, 2002, 03:02   #1
twistedx
Chieftain

Local Time: 17:03
Local Date: October 31, 2010
WEIRD bug
This may be a moot point with the new patch coming out, but this error is too weird for me not to ask about... I just finished up a game playing as the Babylonians. I won with a space race victory. I decided to use my ICBM stockpile, so I played a few extra turns.

My workers finished up on my main continent, so they were heading back to my cities to go on standby. Much to my suprise, my mech inf in the cities starting taking my OWN workers down one-by-one. Not even the normal "capture" thing you see when you move a unit to an enemy worker -- my mech inf's were turning my workers in to swiss cheese.

Hilarious, actually, and I'm not worried too much since I already had a victory. What's even funnier is that my mech inf's in the cities were all Elite afterwards from razing the poor bastards.

Has anyone ever seen this happen before? I'm trying to figure out if there was a legit reason for this, or if this was indeed a bug. Either way, it was a fun sight to see.

-- twistedx
Old April 16, 2002, 03:10   #2
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

It's a bug. It's been seen by many people. I hope it's fixed so that we've heard the last of it. Were your workers on auto?
Old April 16, 2002, 03:12   #3
Ethelred
King

Local Time: 15:03
See thread

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=46145

For the same thing. And maybe a half dozen other threads as well. Sure is weird though. Most people have never had it.
Old April 16, 2002, 11:09   #4
Spec
Emperor

Local Time: 23:03
It happened to me too. And also one time, I unfortified a mech infatry, killed an in vading unit with it and then I took it back to the original city where it was fortified and my other Mechs killed it.....

Spec.
Old April 16, 2002, 14:41   #5
bigvic
Prince

Local Time: 18:03
No way!??

Thats hilarious. Sure it ain't someone's humor? It says some pretty funny things once you have won and keep playing. It would be cool if other things like this happened, like nukes gone wild or massive civil war.

i like ibble blibble
Old April 16, 2002, 15:17   #6
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

As much as I've heard about this one, I still have yet to see it happen in my games...
Old April 16, 2002, 15:32   #7
Grrr
Civilization III Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 12:03
It happened to me with nukes .
Old April 17, 2002, 03:03   #8
MHedlin
Settler

Local Time: 23:03
It happened to me recently, after the first incident my defending units would kill any friendly unit with 1 HP who tried to enter one of my cities. A tad annoying since I usually send damaged units back to cities with barracks to heal - now they where just killed by friendly fire...