Old April 17, 2002, 13:07   #1
Manolis
Settler

Local Time: 01:08
Local Date: November 1, 2010
An anonymous Greek soldiers story PART I
It was my birthday and I was in a pub celebrating it with friends drinking lots of ouzo and wine. It was a cool spring Saturday evening in Thermopylae, the 2nd advanced city in Greece, after Athens the capital city.

The citizens of Thermopylae were also very proud about the Pyramids wonder, as the most of the wonders, like the Colossus, the Light House and the Great Library were in Athens. Though there were roumors about Russia striking Greece from day to day, people seemed to ignore it as the pub was full and everybody were having fun. Russia had common borders with Greece in the SW, it had almost no strategic resources and a bad economy. Nobody believed that they would ever strike, as they couldn't financially support a large scale war.

The fun was still on and I could say that it was my lucky night as I was flirting with a beautiful girl and ended at her home. It was 5 o'clock in the morning when I went at home, I had a bad headache as ouzo was still flowing in my brains. I needed a good sleep.

...to be continued...