Old April 19, 2002, 23:02   #1
Tuberski

Local Time: 18:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Morrowind
Anybody heard anything about a release date yet?
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old April 19, 2002, 23:44   #2
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Local Time: 19:16
Spring 2002, now stop asking

j/k, I think it is at the end of May.

Unfortunetly, I'll have to wait for my new laptop before I have the computing power to play it .
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old April 19, 2002, 23:53   #3
Tuberski

Local Time: 18:16
Quote:
Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
Spring 2002, now stop asking

j/k, I think it is at the end of May.

Unfortunetly, I'll have to wait for my new laptop before I have the computing power to play it .
I only asked once!

"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old April 20, 2002, 00:39   #4
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 23:16
EB says that it ships on the 29th of this month.

Do It Ourselves
Old April 20, 2002, 00:46   #5
Terser
Warlord

Local Time: 17:16
Dear EBgames.com Customer,

Thanks for pre-ordering Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Collector's Edition from EBgames.com! As an added benefit to ordering from us, we'll keep you informed of ship date changes. We are writing to let you know that we have changed the projected ship date for Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Collector's Edition to April 29th, 2002. The publisher did not provide us with a specific date so this is our best estimate only and should not be considered
firm. We will update this date again as we receive new information. As always, EBgames.com will not charge your credit card until we ship your order.

Let's keep our fingers crossed, shall we?

Still..game's gonna take a PIII 500Mhz
minimum (plus 256MB of RAM, IIRC). Relying on the minimum requirements in the past, however, has always seemed to end up leaving me with a bad case of graphical-detail-set-to low-and-still-only-get-three-fps-syndrome.

Not sure if my PIII 866 with 512MB of RAM will be able to handle it. If it can't, it'll literally break my heart...
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
-- C.S. Lewis
Old April 20, 2002, 00:49   #6
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

This is what I got from them:

Dear EBgames.com Customer,

Thanks for pre-ordering Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Collector's Edition from EBgames.com! As an added benefit to ordering from us, we'll keep you informed of ship date changes. We are writing to let you know that we have changed the projected ship date for Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Collector's Edition to April 29th, 2002. The publisher did not provide us with a specific date so this is our best estimate only and should not be considered
firm. We will update this date again as we receive new information. As always, EBgames.com will not charge your credit card until we ship your order.

NOW STOP ASKING!

Old April 22, 2002, 06:09   #7
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 00:16
Local Date: November 1, 2010
This is the game that is likely to see me retire my fairly venerable PII 450 and go mad on a 2Ghz beast with some variation of the new Ti 460 graphics card to squeeze the maximum eye candy goodness out of it. The car will just have to wait
Old April 23, 2002, 15:48   #8
CygnusZ
Warlord

Well.. Morrowind just went gold a little while ago. The release date is set for the first week of May.
Old April 24, 2002, 06:32   #9
Grumbold
Emperor

Yes I've been rash and ordered an import of the US Collectors Edition. The first game I've bought before seeing the full release reviews since Civ III. Its a risk but with reviewers like Desslock saying their feature complete beta copies are superb I'm expecting great things.
Old April 26, 2002, 04:24   #10
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Drool, drool
Grumbold - with whom have you placed your pre-order? My attempts to do this with other games in the past have generally failed ...

SG[1]
Old April 26, 2002, 06:35   #11
Grumbold
Emperor

www.strategic-plus.co.uk

They've been very reliable so far (the only exception being European DAoC, which has proved to have had such a troubled start that I'm glad I got the opportunity to cancel and stick with the US version I previously got from them.) Its a bit more expensive than getting a game from the UK stores but its significantly cheaper than going with US based online companies once postage and import duties have been slapped on.
Old April 26, 2002, 11:10   #12
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

A famous game review site has confirmed that Morrowind has very high system requirements. Not to be run on knitting machines!
Old April 26, 2002, 11:51   #13
Grumbold
Emperor

I'm getting mine massively overclocked (45000 stitches per minute!!!!!!111!!!!1) to prove him wrong.
Old April 28, 2002, 18:37   #14
Standup
Prince

I'd recommend Strategic Plus in the UK as well. A bit more expensive than EB or Game but they know their stuff and i've found them very reliable over the last 5-6 years. The shop is somewhere near Kingston if you're in the London area - details on the web page.
Old April 29, 2002, 05:34   #15
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

not long now until Morrowind is release ... is it today, even? Strategic Plus says it is 29 April.

I'm relying on you guys to review it for me ... much more reliable, and critical, than any gaming mag/site.
Old April 29, 2002, 08:09   #16
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Thanks guys - I shall try strategic-plus - I've seen them before, but never used them ...

SG[1]