Old May 12, 2002, 04:04   #61
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 09:17
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Pap, if you don't have time to play your turn, can you at least turn it over to the AI? Britain is all but defeated (only Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon and Gibraltar remain), and there seems to be no reason to put this game on ice so that you can play through the last months of the British empire.
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
Old May 12, 2002, 04:52   #62
Pap1723
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 17:17
Local Date: October 31, 2010
OK guys, I'm out just because I can't find time for these games anymore with college ending.

Pap
Old May 12, 2002, 06:03   #63
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Thanks Pap

Sas, it's your go then
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
Old May 12, 2002, 06:06   #64
sas
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 23:17
finally something is happening in this game
i will make my move later tonight
Old May 12, 2002, 08:04   #65
sas
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

The Russian Empire continues it's economic reforms with great success. The russian economy is showing signs of improvement and is expected to show a surplus within the end of next year.

The Russian army has finished the transfer of troops into turkey.
Attached Files:
File Type: net russia1798dec.net (163.1 KB, 2 views)
Old May 14, 2002, 02:50   #66
Jimmywax
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Bucharest falls, Istanbul within grasp!
Under a heavy barrage of cannon fire the walls of Bucharest finally gave way. After a three month long siege, the glorious Austrian army marched through the streets of the city with banners waving. It will not be long before Istanbul follows suit. That is if the Russians do not beat us to it.

Jaffa taken and siege layed to Thessalonika! In a glorious route, French dragoons fighting under the Austrian flag have taken the city of Jaffa in one fell swoop. After a month of bombardment by Prinze Eugen the city was but a minor nuisance to the seasoned french troops. Meanwhile, across the Mediteranean Austrian Cannon and Cuirassiers have taken the highlands to the north of the ancient city. It surely fall within the month.
Attached Files:
File Type: net austria1798dec.net (163.1 KB, 2 views)
Old May 14, 2002, 03:19   #67
Case
Emperor

Nothing to report
Attached Files:
File Type: net france1798dec.net (163.1 KB, 2 views)
Old May 14, 2002, 14:02   #68
Grothgar
Prince

EDINBURGH FALLS!!!

With the disintergration of the British Empire at hand, Prussian troops landed in Edinburgh and took the city with a minimum of resistance. It seems the citizans of the city prefered the much superior german cousins than the terrible french
The Austrian Government took exception to this and declared war on the prussian empire, however Frederick doesnt want war with his distinguised neighbours and has invited them to the peace table.
Attached Files:
File Type: net prussia_turn7.net (163.1 KB, 2 views)

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"
Old May 14, 2002, 14:04   #69
Grothgar
Prince

And the map
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	gnbv3.gif
Views:	50
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	15394  

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"
Old May 14, 2002, 16:00   #70
sas
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Russian forces is sent into battle againts the Ottoman turks,

*Russian forces capture Thessaloniki
Old May 14, 2002, 19:16   #71
Case
Emperor

*cough* Sas you forgot to post the save *cough*
Old May 15, 2002, 15:57   #72
sas
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

oopps .. *cough* *cough*
Attached Files:
File Type: net russia1799jan.net (163.1 KB, 2 views)
Old May 16, 2002, 22:33   #73
Jimmywax
Prince

War breaks out in Balkans!
War between Russian and Austrian troops. When Russian troops marched into Thessalonika after our brave men had endured in the frigid heights above the city, Emperor Francis II demanded the head of the Tzar. "This meddling in Balkan affairs by the Russians will not be tolerated and I demand action", said Francis II. Soon after an agent was dispatched to the city to find it's 'conquerors' starving and surviving solely off of potatoes and the cooked leather of their saddles. They gladly joined our cause for mere bread and salted meat.

Hand extended to Prussians It is the belief of the Austrian Empire that our alliance with the British is outdated and little more than paper. We also do not wish war with the mighty Prussians but forces on the frontier are on alert just in case.
Attached Files:
File Type: net austria1799jan.net (163.1 KB, 2 views)
Old May 16, 2002, 22:35   #74
Jimmywax
Prince

Also I will be out of town over the weekend (father's wedding) but will be back Sunday night.
Old May 17, 2002, 00:09   #75
Case
Emperor

Amsterdam Now Part of France

The Republic of Holland is now the latest European nation lucky enough to fall under the benevolent rule of France.
French casualites in the operation were mainly limited to several soldiers of the 3rd Light Artillery Regiment who proved to be allergic to the flowers that the maidens of Amsterdam showered them with
Attached Files:
File Type: net france1799jan.net (163.1 KB, 2 views)
Old May 17, 2002, 16:39   #76
Grothgar
Prince

Nothing happened, oh well apart from a peace treaty between austria and prussia of course
Attached Files:
File Type: net prussia_turn8.net (163.1 KB, 3 views)

Old May 17, 2002, 16:40   #77
Grothgar
Prince

Map attached
Attached Thumbnails:

Views:	57
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	15598  

Old May 19, 2002, 14:08   #78
sas
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Russia, Feb 1799
Tzar Alexander is furious at Austrias unprovoked attack on the Russian Empire.

The number of Russian casualties are not yet accounted for, but the numbers where high. Russia trusted it's former friends in the west to act civilized and respect Russian troops in the area. Tzar Alexander expects the leader of Prussia to side with Russia in the war against Austria.

If Prussia is leaving the Alliance with Russia in the time of need, Prussia has shown itself a nation of cowards and people without any honor. Russia would have supported Prussia if Austria had attacked them, because we are allies. Only time will tell if Prussia's leaders are men of honour, or cowards who promise one thing and does another.

*In revenge for Autrias attack, the willage of Aspen was destroyed with 5 Austrian units in the city. This is just a taste of what is to come for the cowardly Austrian so called empire.

*Istanbul Captured by Russian forces
Attached Files:
File Type: net russia 1799feb.net (163.1 KB, 4 views)
Old May 22, 2002, 13:51   #79
Jimmywax
Prince

I don't have much time so here it is. Istanbul captured, a transport and five russian units camped on outskirts of town have been dealt with. Austrian troops continue to march on Athens. Peace with Prussians has been signed and welcomed with open arms.
Attached Files:
File Type: net austria1799feb.net (163.1 KB, 2 views)
Old May 22, 2002, 22:49   #80
Case
Emperor

Dublin and Cordoba Fall

The unstoppable French army has added the cities of Dublin and Cordoba to its list of conquests. French spies report that the people of Portugal are preparing festivities to welcome the French troops when they arive to liberate them from their mutton eating opressors.
Attached Files:
File Type: net france1799feb.net (163.1 KB, 3 views)
Old May 23, 2002, 13:57   #81
Grothgar
Prince

Nothing happened in Prussia this month
Attached Files:
File Type: net prussia_turn9.net (163.1 KB, 3 views)

Old May 23, 2002, 13:58   #82
Grothgar
Prince

And the Map.
Attached Thumbnails:

Views:	44
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	16026  

Old May 23, 2002, 15:08   #83
sas
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Russia gears up for the comming offensive against Austria. The Tzar has enlisted every able man between the age of 18 and 24 into the Russian army.

*Kazan liberated by Russian forces
Attached Files:
File Type: net russia1799mar.net (163.1 KB, 2 views)
Old May 24, 2002, 02:03   #84
Jimmywax
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by sas
Russia gears up for the comming offensive against Austria. The Tzar has enlisted every able man between the age of 18 and 24 into the Russian army.
Must have been a struggle to pry them away from the sheep.

Troops continue to march on Athens.
Attached Files:
File Type: net austria1799mar.net (163.1 KB, 2 views)
Old May 24, 2002, 02:11   #85
Case
Emperor

Jimmy, check your PMs now!
Old May 24, 2002, 03:16   #86
Case
Emperor

France Strikes at Both Ends of Europe!

As expected, French forces have liberated the people of Portugal from British rule. French casualties were light.

In addition to this victory, the French navy attacked and siezed Cyprus from the Ottomans.

France buys Venice from Austria

Following months of negotiations, France has bought the city of Venice from Austria. This finalises France's objective of unifiying the Italian people under French rule.

--------

wow, this game is moving fast now!
Attached Files:
File Type: net france1799mar.net (163.1 KB, 2 views)
Old May 24, 2002, 14:15   #87
Grothgar
Prince

AUSTRIAN FORCES CROSS THE BORDER!!!

Earlier this month an austrian, believed to be drunk, accidently crossed the austria-prussia border. In response to this, in what the King is calling a totally proportional response, the entire Prussian army crossed over the border and massacered the Garrisons of Krakau and Prag and invested both cities. In Krakau a piece of artillery was found which is further proof, say Prussian military advisors, that Austria was planning an invasion of Prussia.

The casulties are believed to be very heavy on the Austrian side with as many as 6 divisions of troops destroyed along with 2 divisions of their Hungarian Allies. Also the aformentioned artillery piece was destroyed. The surprise was complete and with Austrian forces now battling on 3 fronts, against Prussias allies Russia, and the Heathen Ottoman Turks things look Grim for Austria.

The King, defending himself from criticism about breaking the recently signed treaty, remarked that as loyal allies we were oath bound to come to the russians aid after the appaling attack from austria, but he was quick to say, again, that it was austria which sparked this war, with their lack of discipline

(Sorry Jimmy lol )
Attached Files:
File Type: net prussia_turn10.net (163.1 KB, 2 views)

Old May 24, 2002, 14:16   #88
Grothgar
Prince

And the map, the ever expanding blue tide and the recently expanded Prussia
Attached Thumbnails:

Views:	41
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	16111  

Old May 24, 2002, 16:37   #89
sas
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmywax
Must have been a struggle to pry them away from the sheep.
When The Russian Empire is attacked, every Russian will rise and defend its great country.

Even when minor upstart nations like Austria attacks the people mobilizes.

If Austria thought they had finished off the Russians in Turkey, Istanbul recaptures by Russian forces.
Attached Files:
File Type: net russia1799apr.net (163.1 KB, 4 views)
Old May 27, 2002, 00:06   #90
Jimmywax
Prince

Emperor Francis II dies of old age!

The nation of Austria is in mourning this month as it's glorious leader has fallen. It is said that he died in his sleep and went peacefully while his country was betrayed by the Prussians. He will be remembered in for time and memorial for his conquests against the heathensof the Ottoman Empire.

Emperor Napolen seizes the Austrian throne!
The Austrian empire has become a vassal state of Napolean's ever growing empire. Only the capital city of Vienna has resisted, but without the Austrian army to stand behind it, it will surely soon subcumb to the pressure and join the French alliance.
Attached Files:
File Type: net austria1799apr.net (163.2 KB, 4 views)