Old April 20, 2002, 15:02   #1
Unconquered
Warlord

Local Time: 17:18
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Crashing when selecting production!
I am playing in the modern era, and if I let the computer pick the production or if I choose production through the pull down it's ok. As soon as I enter the city screen and change production (only in certain newer cities) the game crashes and no message is given, it just dumps me to the desktop. It's anoying but I can work around it. Was wondering if anyone else was having crash problems. [WinXP, 1.5Ghz, 512MB RAM] Also, this only happens in the modern era.
Old April 21, 2002, 00:20   #2
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 10:18
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Were the units you (or the governor) were trying to build hidden nationality? I've experienced crashes before when trying to build hidden nationality ground units.
Old April 21, 2002, 00:27   #3
simwiz2
Warlord

Local Time: 18:18
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Were you using any modpacks? Because if you add a unit or change a unit's name but don't specify graphics files for it in the art/units directory then the game will crash when the unit is built or selected inside the city. The drop down menu would not crash it because it uses the icon.

The Simwiz2 Combat Mod Version 2.0 is available for download! See the changes here. You can download it from the CivFanatics Thread or the Apolyton Thread.