Old April 23, 2002, 00:38   #31
roalan
Warlord

Local Time: 18:21
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Claudius
Yes he was the best of the lot between 10Bc and 75 AD. I live on the East coast Boston area. Come here in the Fall it is beautiful.
It is 12:30Am here and I am off to the sack. Good Night or Morning in your case.
Old April 23, 2002, 01:07   #32
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 17:21
Claudius in the series. Proof that the meek shall inherit the Earth?
Old April 23, 2002, 14:44   #33
roalan
Warlord

Claudius
They eventually poisoned him also
Old April 23, 2002, 16:46   #34
Zoid
inmate
C4DG The HordeCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG Southern Cross

Local Time: 00:21
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Re: patch
Quote:
Originally posted by roalan
READ ALL other threads and also Civ Fanatics forum there are a LOT of people who are unhappy. I have read 100's of postings and I would say 60% unhappy 40% happy to a point. Very few say it is 100% with no pronlems. Check them out.
Could it be because these people who are complaining are the pepople who have been complaining since day 1? No patch will ever satisfy these people...

As for me, well, I´m halfway into my first 1.21f game and I´m pleasently surprised, besides a few minor bugs/annoyances the game is pretty good.
Old April 23, 2002, 22:37   #35
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 16:21
Quote:
Originally posted by Cort Haus It may be a matter of taste as to whether something is good or not. You liked CTP2 - so did I, but many hated it and declared it fundamentally flawed (don't know why). I gave up because of the AI's every-turn border violations. I never could get the mod to fix that - which mod do you use?
I mostly use the Cradle mod with Multiplayer games. There still is the problem of the AI coming on to your territory but mostly it's because the AI is invading you and not just because it wants to hang out. I totally wish Civ3 would have had a CTP2 style combat system; it's just so much better layed out and exicuted then Civ3's haphazard approach to combat.

Quote:
What is there to lose by downloading the patch and trying a game?
I will probably download the patch latter on today. I just wanted to get a feel for the public reaction first.
Old April 23, 2002, 22:40   #36
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Giovanni August
To answer to Oerdin:
I personally think that 1.21f is a good patch, still some imperfections but it's good.
And if you don't like it just download one or two of the MODs in the file FORUM, Personally during 1.17f (I didn't like that one) I played almost all my games with the Patch Suggestion Mod of Player1 (Very good BTW).
I heard that Korn's Blitz Mod is also extremely good and balanced, but I personally prefer to use a more "conservative MOD till the Fix Bug Patch release time will be ended.

Hope this answer you Question.

Saluti
That's exactly the type of anwser I was looking for. Thanks Giovanni.
Old April 24, 2002, 21:23   #37
Giovanni August
Warlord

Location: Torino (Turin) Piemonte ITALY / Augusta Taurinorum - Sub Alpes Italia
Roalan:
I never been to Boston.... The nearest I've been was New York (It was before the terrorist Attack, so I managed to visit the WTC). I guess is a pretty nice place .

Oerdin:
Glad to be helpful once in a while

Saluti
Old April 24, 2002, 21:42   #38
roalan
Warlord

Boston
Boston is a great city. I have been to NY a numbr of times but not to the WTC. It has been a number of years. You know we here in Boston Have a tremendous riverly with NY. Except for the WTC insident where we stood with the New Yorkers We here in Beantown Do Not like New York. We hate the Yankees . Our bigest rival is between the Red Sox and those Dam Yankees. They even made a show called Dam Yankees. Celtis -Knicks are a rivalry but I think the 76's is bigger and the Bruins rival are the Montreal Canadians. Every here thinks the Bruins will win the playoffs against the Canadains but I believe they will lose 4-1 games. I think the Patroits rivalry woud be Miami more then the Jets. But it's close. We have a soccor team ,just forgot their name,not many people in the states go for soccor. I don't even know who they play..
I have never been to Seattle furtherest west was Buffalo and the Falls. Been down to Florida and the Caribbean Islands and as far north as New Foundland. East Cape Cod and Nova Scotia.Nope I went to Bermuda a few times that would be the furtherest East.
I live 10 miles out side of the city and have only go to Boston a couple of times during the year.
Old April 24, 2002, 21:50   #39
Oerdin
Deity

My dear Roalan. Life is short you should travel more. Few things broaden minds and perspectives more then foreign travel.
Old April 24, 2002, 21:55   #40
roalan
Warlord

travel
easier said then done. I have an old sick pooch to take care of but plan to travel if I can out live her.
Old April 24, 2002, 23:56   #41
Giovanni August
Warlord

Location: Torino (Turin) Piemonte ITALY / Augusta Taurinorum - Sub Alpes Italia
Uhmmm, I didn't know that there were such a rivality between US cities (in sport). Little bit like in Italy where my soccer team (Juventus) had a lot of rivality against the ones from Milan and Rome, but also aginst international teams such as Liverpool, Real Madrid and many others.

I always thought that in America was different.... I dodn't know why i believed that, but i did . Nice to learn something new about world's cultures .

And yes.... traveling is awesome, the first time you have a chance just come down here in Italy, I can assure you that it will worth the money you spend.

P.S. But don't say you are here for tourism if you came here... or the merchants might increase souvenir price just for you

Saluti
Old April 25, 2002, 00:52   #42
roalan
Warlord

sports
Not all cities have big rivalies I would imagine LA and San Fran do ,actually I can not think of to many. But I do now Boston and New York have a Big one especially since we sold Babe Ruth to NY . It's call the curse of the Bambino,and it still seems to be alive.
I do not know of Seattle has one,there are no Major sports teams outside Seattle . Closest is California and thats to far away and they have a number of teams to compete with each other.
Old April 25, 2002, 03:17   #43
LaRusso
King

Local Time: 01:21
it's a good patch. i lost 2 games on monarch, normal, 12 civs, all random. that did not happen before
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.
Old April 25, 2002, 04:42   #44
Oerdin
Deity

It's not just L.A. vs San Fransisco. I know many a friend who are still smarting from losing the super bowl to those ****-ers from the bay area six years ago. Touch down Rice indeed...

Last edited by Oerdin; April 25, 2002 at 15:37.
Old April 25, 2002, 08:33   #45
PGM
Prince

Local Time: 23:21
Very good patch. I refused to upgrade from 1.16 to 1.17 after reading some opinions around here, but 1.21 is definitely worth it.
Old April 25, 2002, 09:10   #46
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Yeah, 1.21 is worth it. I upgraded directly from 1.16 and it's great. There are more options and stuff. Plus, the game doesn't seem to crash as much as it used to on my unstable system
Old April 25, 2002, 15:32   #47
roalan
Warlord

patch
Does any know what happens idf you install 1.21f and leave 1.16 in. I noticed that in the add/remove files both appear there. I heard that you should uninstall the older patch before you install 1.21? If one does NOT uninstall the older patch and the 1.21 does not work well can you uninstall 1.21 from the add/remove file AND IF SO DOES 1.16 STILL WORK AS WAS BEFORE YOU INSTALLED 1.21?
Old April 25, 2002, 16:09   #48
Willem
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Cesa
Yes, it is worth it.

There are no serious bugs/annoyances left in the gameplay, not as far as I can see.
Well I've read that the Domestic Advisor still rears her ugly head when you don't want her to. Oh well, maybe in the next patch.
Old April 25, 2002, 16:13   #49
Willem
Emperor

Quote:
Does any know what happens idf you install 1.21f and leave 1.16 in. I noticed that in the add/remove files both appear there. I heard that you should uninstall the older patch before you install 1.21? If one does NOT uninstall the older patch and the 1.21 does not work well can you uninstall 1.21 from the add/remove file AND IF SO DOES 1.16 STILL WORK AS WAS BEFORE YOU INSTALLED 1.21?
You don't have to worry about having previous patches. All the changes in them have been incorporated into the new one. It's not exactly practical to expect people to install 3 patches in order to play the game now is it? No software developer works that way, their customers would get annoyed rather quickly if they did.
Old April 25, 2002, 16:26   #50
roalan
Warlord

patch
That was not my question. If you look in the add/remove file under control panel you will see all the patches installed listed separately. I realize the last patch covers all but looking in the add/remove file it appears you can uninstall each patch separately. If so and 1.21 is uninstalled does the last patch installed prior to 1.21 remain INTACT as when it was installed or when last changes were made to it's files?
Old April 25, 2002, 20:50   #51
Willem
Emperor

Quote:
That was not my question. If you look in the add/remove file under control panel you will see all the patches installed listed separately. I realize the last patch covers all but looking in the add/remove file it appears you can uninstall each patch separately. If so and 1.21 is uninstalled does the last patch installed prior to 1.21 remain INTACT as when it was installed or when last changes were made to it's files?
Ah yes I, see what you mean. I suspect that 1.21 would over write the previous patches, even the original game, so that if you didn't want to use it anymore, you'd have to uninstall the game, then put it back adding the patch you wanted. There's only the one .exe file, and it gets replaced everytime a new patch is added, so there's probably no way other than removing the game first to get rid of it. I'm not positive about that though, I'm just making a logical assumption.
Old April 25, 2002, 20:57   #52
roalan
Warlord

patch
sound logical to me. Thank you.