Old April 25, 2002, 06:58   #61
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

Local Time: 17:30
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I know that I am up late and early

Jon Miller
Old April 25, 2002, 07:03   #62
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 10:30
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I just hope somewhere along the track, Vader finds it in his heart to kill off Jar Jar, as well as all the Jedi.
Old April 25, 2002, 09:03   #63
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Local Time: 23:30
Sent! Got totally caught up with it...everybody who requested it sould have it when next you check your mail....

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old April 25, 2002, 13:47   #64
pchang
King

Yahoo
Vel, did you get reject messages from any of the other Yahoo accounts? Just curious.

If social security were private, it would be prosecuted as a Ponzi scheme.
Old April 25, 2002, 13:52   #65
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Nope....that was it so far...did you get it on the resend?

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old April 25, 2002, 14:10   #66
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 19:30
*Lonestar is reading the novelization. Again and again.

And then he's seeing it 2 weeks before anyone else! Mwhahahah!!!
Old April 25, 2002, 14:12   #67
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 18:30
Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
And then he's seeing it 2 weeks before anyone else! Mwhahahah!!!
How on earth did you manage that?
Old April 25, 2002, 14:15   #68
Zealot
King

Local Time: 00:30
Could someone please tell me the size of the script size? Please?
Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1
Old April 25, 2002, 14:17   #69
Velociryx
staff

D'oh! Sorry Zealot...forgot about that!

it's 256kb...

-=Vel=-
Old April 25, 2002, 14:21   #70
Zealot
King

What took you so long?

filipe_alves_pt@yahoo.com, please!
Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1
Old April 25, 2002, 14:25   #71
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by DinoDoc

How on earth did you manage that?
Manage? I got lucky, pure and simple.
Old April 25, 2002, 14:27   #72
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
Manage? I got lucky, pure and simple.
Bastard!

I am so envious.
Old April 25, 2002, 15:56   #73
Lorizael
lifer
NationStates
Emperor

Ok Vel I give in... Let me have a copy of that script

Tyranid32@hotmail.com
Old April 25, 2002, 15:57   #74
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Quote:
Imran, are you up early or up late? Please don't tell me it's the latter.
The latter .

There is a reason GP calls me the Night Owl .
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old April 25, 2002, 16:04   #75
Velociryx
staff

Sorry for the delay, everybody who's requested the script should have it now....went off to lunch and came back to find more requests....

-=Vel=-
Old April 25, 2002, 18:20   #76
pchang
King

Vel,
I got the resend. Thanks. Size should not have been a problem. I wonder what the real problem was? Oh well, another mystery of life that won't be solved.

Old April 25, 2002, 18:24   #77
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by DinoDoc

Bastard!

I am so envious.

[Yoda Mode] Envy leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering![/Yoda Mode]
Old April 25, 2002, 18:35   #78
pchang
King

I can see why they went from a muppet Yoda to a digital Yoda. One would think that technology in the world of SW I and II is worse than that in the original movie. Just as the technology in the world of Enterprise is behind that or Star Trek. Yet, the new production values/technology make it seem otherwise, despite the storylines.

Old April 25, 2002, 19:06   #79
Felch
Civilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

Thanks Vel, it looks tight. Even if it probably won't be the same as what comes out.
Old April 25, 2002, 19:48   #80
Zealot
King

Ok, I have it Vel! Thanks a lot!

I read 22 pages already, and peeked the last page too!

Spoiler:

All but Yoda, Obi-wan, Anakin and two other Jedi's are dead!
Oh, and the movie ends with Amidala and Anakin kissing!
Old April 25, 2002, 19:49   #81
reds4ever
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by pchang
I can see why they went from a muppet Yoda to a digital Yoda. One would think that technology in the world of SW I and II is worse than that in the original movie. Just as the technology in the world of Enterprise is behind that or Star Trek. Yet, the new production values/technology make it seem otherwise, despite the storylines.
yep, i don't mind suspending disbelief, but the thought of a muppet Yoda vanquishing a 6 foot Sith Lord in a furious sabre battle, ...well....
Old April 26, 2002, 10:49   #82
Wraith
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

--"Yet, the new production values/technology make it seem otherwise, despite the storylines."

That was done on purpose. The technology levels for the prequel setting are supposed to be higher than for the original set of movies. That's why Lucas started with the middle trilogy; they didn't have the F/X expertise to pull of the tech level he wanted for the first trilogy.
According to the story line, once the Empire took over a lot of things, especially tech, started to stagnate. The Empire put its focus on things like Super Star Destroyers and Death Stars, much to the detriment of everything else.

Wraith
Are we getting graded on this or is it creative?
Old April 26, 2002, 12:15   #83
pchang
King

not strong enough
If that is the case, then stagnation is not sufficient. We would need regression.

Old April 26, 2002, 13:31   #84
Juggler
Prince

"I just hope somewhere along the track, Vader finds it in his heart to kill off Jar Jar, as well as all the Jedi. "

May the dark force be with him.
But sadly, I suspect that the Jar Jar creature will appear in Episode III as well (if IMDB is right)
Old April 26, 2002, 15:46   #85
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

I'll take a script, send one to OzzyKP@aol.com

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old April 26, 2002, 19:19   #86
Wraith
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

--"If that is the case, then stagnation is not sufficient. We would need regression."

Well, yes. But that happened after the Empire took over. Stagnation, then regression as the Empire cracked down on dissidents (and potential dissidents). Anyone even somewhat technically inclined outside of places like the Kurat (IIRC) shipyards were in trouble.
By the time of Luke and A New Hope things had backslid quite a bit.

Wraith
Strip mining prevents forest fires.
Old April 26, 2002, 21:35   #87
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Skimming through interviews I've noticed George Lucas wanting to make a point about how Democracies slip into Dictatorships. This is think is excellent subject matter to tackle. No one realizes how this happens and no one realizes how far we have slipped toward dictatorship. We will see that the Empire didn't just conquer the Republic, but the Empire truly IS the republic, the people just handed over their rights little by little until oh damn, they were in a dictatorship.

Reading this interview made me think too. This process didn't truly conclude until A New Hope, i remember early on in the first movie Princess Leia telling General Whoever that "the Senate won't stand for this!" then General Whoever replying that the Senate has just been dissolved or something. So even at the beginning of the rebellion the Senate was still around, even if in a powerless state.

This is a very interesting plot line that is my source of interest in the series. Any good libertarian out there should pick this up too.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old May 4, 2002, 04:08   #88
Mihai
CTP2 Source Code Project
Warlord

Local Time: 01:30
mihai@buffalo.com please