Old April 25, 2002, 16:02   #1
Nimitz
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG LegolandNever Ending StoriesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Local Time: 18:34
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Campain promises thread
post here what you will do if elected

If elected Foreign Advisor I would set up individual general policies each country, attempt to get an embissy with each country, and milk them for all they got including bannanas.
Old April 25, 2002, 17:18   #2
CannonFodder
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontMac
Prince

Local Time: 17:34
If elected Minister of Imperial Expansion, I will do my best to rationally increase settler production, find new suitable areas for colonization, and push for the annexation of foreign territories. I will make sure that we can handle this expansion before attempting it.
Old April 25, 2002, 18:27   #3
cavebear
Civilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

If elected President, I will faithfully follow the recommendations of my Ministers and pound their pointy little heads if they don't do polls and send me reports of what they recommend.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul
Old April 25, 2002, 20:24   #4
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Should I be elected as science advisor, I will be sure to organize polls and make sure our empire remains at the forefront of knowledge.
Old April 25, 2002, 20:29   #5
Shadowlord
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

I have stated my campaign promises in my speeches in the Elections! thread. If anyone has any further questions for me, however, I'd be glad to answer them.
"For it must be noted, that men must either be caressed or else annihilated; they will revenge themselves for small injuries, but cannot do so for great ones; the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance." - Niccolo Machiavelli
Old April 25, 2002, 21:17   #6
Marquis de Sodaq
King

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

As your Supreme Military Commander, I promise that no Apolytonian city need fear any threat of attack; I promise that all foreign cities will indeed fear attack; I promise that we will bring selected foreign cities into our fold!

With cool, calculated efficiency, our fine military will crush the enemy underfoot, leaving a trail of wailing widows in their wake. We will take the wonders others build for us!

I also promise to continue wanton use of smilies.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The gift of speech is given to many,
intelligence to few.
Old April 25, 2002, 22:12   #7
cavebear
Emperor

Marquis de Sodaq - You are exactly the person I will want my military advice from! Together, we will crush our opponents and grow our civ through the "years" of May.

And you can keep the evil smilies for yourself; I will be

Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Old April 25, 2002, 22:15   #8
Shadowlord
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

OOC: Interesting. Why is there a button to Delete your post, on the Edit Post screen, if you cannot delete your posts?
"For it must be noted, that men must either be caressed or else annihilated; they will revenge themselves for small injuries, but cannot do so for great ones; the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance." - Niccolo Machiavelli
Old April 25, 2002, 22:36   #9
cavebear
Emperor

A philosopher once said that a person's dreams should exceed their grasp. I think the button is there so that people will try to do what they cannot do.

Put another way, it's because the designers are !$##^@ idiots.

Old April 25, 2002, 23:22   #10
Matticus
Chieftain

As Banana Minister I will guide our citizens toward choosing the silly last answer in the polls. Our empire will thrive as we crush peals underfoot and slide into the lands that we rightfully claim.
Our course in history will be marked not my pencils and quills, but my mushy sweet substance wadded into balls.
A vote for Matticus as Banana Minister, is a vote for ... me.

Trade Minister of the Democracy Game
Old April 26, 2002, 02:43   #11
Alfonsus71
Chieftain

Local Time: 23:34
As Foreing advisor I wil be arrogant with the other civs and say things like "your puny civilization makes us laugh"
every time we make a great achievement (a new tech or wonder) I will invite all the foreing ministers to our capitol city and tell them "Your worthless civilizations can now admire the greatness of ...(name of wonder or tech)", but of course "absolutely no scribes will be allowed".
Old April 26, 2002, 04:59   #12
shade
King

Local Time: 00:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
*Opens big box with famous golden pens*
*Throws it into the crowd and steps up after the microphone*

Dear members of this Glorious Country,

If you think I did well as your president then I'll show you I could even do better as your Trade advisor.
I'm not going to use many words, since my goal is simple and clear.
  • I'll make sure we have a pile of caravans ready to finish the Leonardo's workshop wonder in 1 or 2 turns.
  • By setting op trade routes with Rome I'll guaranty quick cash (for troop training and rush building) and nice science boosts.
You can see how simple it is...no hollow promises.
Thank you all for listening...and enjoy my golden pen.

Shade
Old April 26, 2002, 07:31   #13
James Adams
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Prince

If I was going to be the next Foreign Minister I will ...
Go by the way of the voters, but campaign for aggressive and realistic foreign policy. I am experience and I will support the new president as much as possible!
Old April 26, 2002, 07:58   #14
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 11:34
Must President shade not retire gracefully now, at the height of his popularity and with all his senses intact? It appears that his love for the state is such that he would sacrifice his glorious self for our benefit. We must not allow this!

Let us give President shade the fond farewell that he deserves, after working so hard for us this past term. He may be a great man, but a man nonetheless - the President must rest before returning to politics. I ask you, fellow citizens, to disregard his protests and claims of "I don't really mind" and "That bastard MrWIA doesn't know his caravans from his armpits" - the President is so eager to help the nation that he would cause himself harm - for us. What a noble man!

But we, if we truly care, citizens, we must not let him do this! Vote for me for Trade Advisor, my countrymen (and women, be there any), and we will allow shade to retire to the peace that he so richly deserves. Vote for me, a virgin (well, in some ways ) citizen, to shoulder the great burden of the office that is so beneath shade's greatness. I am not asking the immortal shade to retire permanently, citizens, no - the very idea is ridiculous. All I demand is that we show our leader our great love for him, that he may recuperate in peace, so that he may return to us revitalized, renewed, refreshed.

A vote for me for Trade Advisor is a vote for shade - an investment in our future, when the man may return to us ready to lead again!

God defend our shaaa-aaa-aade!

Hmm hmm. Hmm HMMM....

(We need a national anthem).

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old April 26, 2002, 08:01   #15
James Adams
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
Must President shade not retire gracefully now, at the height of his popularity and with all his senses intact? It appears that his love for the state is such that he would sacrifice his glorious self for our benefit. We must not allow this!

Let us give President shade the fond farewell that he deserves, after working so hard for us this past term. He may be a great man, but a man nonetheless - the President must rest before returning to politics. I ask you, fellow citizens, to disregard his protests and claims of "I don't really mind" and "That bastard MrWIA doesn't know his caravans from his armpits" - the President is so eager to help the nation that he would cause himself harm - for us. What a noble man!

But we, if we truly care, citizens, we must not let him do this! Vote for me for Trade Advisor, my countrymen (and women, be there any), and we will allow shade to retire to the peace that he so richly deserves. Vote for me, a virgin (well, in some ways ) citizen, to shoulder the great burden of the office that is so beneath shade's greatness. I am not asking the immortal shade to retire permanently, citizens, no - the very idea is ridiculous. All I demand is that we show our leader our great love for him, that he may recuperate in peace, so that he may return to us revitalized, renewed, refreshed.

A vote for me for Trade Advisor is a vote for shade - an investment in our future, when the man may return to us ready to lead again!

God defend our shaaa-aaa-aade!

Hmm hmm. Hmm HMMM....

(We need a national anthem).

Weldone Shade, Hooray for shade!

I quite agree about "We need a national anthem"!
Old April 26, 2002, 08:06   #16
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Yes Citizens! YES!!!

Long live shade! WIA for Trade!

G'bye shade. << Sniff >> We'll miss you.

Old April 26, 2002, 09:22   #17
Marquis de Sodaq
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Matticus
As Banana Minister ...
MATTICUS! MATTICUS! MATT-I-CUS!

What a veritably fruity idea for a ministry...

The gift of speech is given to many,
intelligence to few.
Old April 26, 2002, 10:06   #18
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by ixnay37
Should I be elected as science advisor, I will be sure to organize polls and make sure our empire remains at the forefront of knowledge.
you´ll have a hard time making it better than gramphos, mbloom did allright too but it wasn´t the same
Old April 26, 2002, 13:57   #19
shade
King

Hey Hey WIA I'm not burned out yet...you have to look at it like an addiction:you can't stop immediately you have to build down and that's what I'm doing...I'm building down so I won't go cold turkey.So it's in my best intrest(and theirs) ppl vote for me.

Maybe you can be VP???(this job still seems to be open...since the 2 applying will have a job no mather what.)

btw little msg to all my current advisors:Can I get my reports please or do I just start whithout them...(I especially need the millitary one,already have the city-planning)

Shade
Old April 26, 2002, 15:50   #20
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

shade running for TRADE advisor????

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old April 26, 2002, 16:14   #21
shade
King

Is it so strange???

Shade
Old April 26, 2002, 20:06   #22
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

Quote:
Is it so strange???

Shade

yes
Old April 26, 2002, 23:04   #23
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

See citizens? Did I not tell you our mighty leader would claim it is in all our best interests to have him as Trade Advisor?

I told you so.

Old April 27, 2002, 05:47   #24
shade
King

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
See citizens? Did I not tell you our mighty leader would claim it is in all our best interests to have him as Trade Advisor?

I told you so.
And did I ever make false promisses before?
voila,you can trust me.

*recalculates how much these golden pens have already cost*

Shade
Old April 27, 2002, 10:41   #25
Shadowlord
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

I'm going to summarize and state here the reforms that I'll be instituting if elected President, and my short-term and long-term goals for our Great Civilization. I've already mentioned these in my speeches, but here's a convenient repository for all of these.

Reforms:
(1) (Suggested Law #1 no longer exists.)
(2) Reforms to the 3/4 term limits law:
(2a) If anyone has held any office for 3 or more consecutive terms, they may not run for office for the next term, unless:
(2b) they are running for Historian, or
(2c) our Civilization is at war with another at the time of the elections, and they are running for President, Foreign Minister, or Military Commander.

In addition, my long-term plans for our Great Civilization are:
(1) Encouraging a program of rapid technological progress
(2) A switch to Fundamentalism, to raise large quantities of cash
(3) Continuing production of caravans for rapid wonder construction
(4) Training large numbers of diplomats or spies under Fundamentalism to steal technology and bribe cities
(5) Always examining the state of enemy civilizations and our own military, defensive and offensive, before beginning any conflict.

Short-term goals:
(1) Ensuring all our cities are defended by Walls and two good defenders
(2) Asking the Vice President to commission a poll to ask the people why they voted for the candidate they voted for

Last edited by Shadowlord; April 28, 2002 at 17:14.
Old April 27, 2002, 11:01   #26
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadowlord

(2) Asking the Vice President to commission a poll to ask the people why they voted for the candidate they voted for
A poll? That means at least one thread beforehand to get an idea of the different reasons, so there can be multiple options in the poll, in the NEXT thread.

Maybe it would suffice just to have a (non-poll) thread that asks ppl for their reasons. Or is that too personal? Either way we need to think up as many reasons as we can.

Old April 27, 2002, 11:39   #27
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
(1) Only former council members may run for President, ensuring that someone with at least some governmental experience will rule.
doesnt this mean YOU cant run???

I wish I could take back my vote for you now , IMHO that is a dumb idea and introducing too many rules will make us like the civfanatics game...Ive looked at that game and it doesnt look as fun as this one

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old April 27, 2002, 15:22   #28
cavebear
Emperor

My honorable opponent has suggested some detailed plans and rules he will implement as President.

I favor a more flexible approach to solving problems. "Sufficient unto the day, are the problems of the day". Let the Citizens of the future solve their own problems, in circumstances we do not know of at this time. Don't fence them in!

As President:

I will take the Wonders of our enemies by stealth or force.
I will always have a stock of healthy and happy camels for trade and Wonders.
I will follow the recommendations of the Citizens and the Ministers.
I will administer our Civ firmly but fairly.

With the help of the Ministers, I will expand our cities, improve the quality of our military, increase our science, establish new trade routes, and weaken our enemies!

Finally, as each President as done before me, I will leave my successor with a stronger and more thriving Civ!

Thank you...

Old April 27, 2002, 17:18   #29
Shadowlord
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

It would, except that I'd have been elected before the creation of that "law."

All of those would be subject to a vote by the council before they could be instituted, the President casting the tiebreaking vote.
Old April 27, 2002, 17:44   #30
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 20:34
Marquis, we'll make sure the other poor bastard dies for his civilization, right?