Old May 7, 2002, 03:31   #61
Triped
Warlord

Local Time: 18:34
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Waah, this site makes me miss my now non-existent Starcraft community

da_jaymz, the Starcraft community is a lot better once you stop playing sh*tty maps like Hunters derivatives and find a good clan/channel to find games in, such as x17 or clan ~nohunters

Starcraft is at it's finest on well-designed maps, which is something random map generators can't make yet, unfortunately.

The reason most Starcraft players don't play anything else is because they've seen the light.
Old May 7, 2002, 03:35   #62
Triped
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by LordAzreal

Mind Control really makes it boring. Just mind control an SVC and you get all human stuff. Mind control a drone, and you get all zerg stuff.

The giant insects part of the plot is obviously a blatant copy of Starship Troopers, with a few subtle differences.

And when they made Brood War's plot, they were obviously making it all up as they went along. They didn't put much thought into it at all.

The game itself is not completely crap though, just way overrated.
Starcraft's plot definitely sucks. It's not like they built the game around single-player, though, so that's okay.

Mind Control makes it boring, eh? Try using that strategy to get my tech tree in multi-player and see how bad you lose. It seems like that might be a viable strategy, but the amount of time and resources required to do that makes it worthless.
Old May 7, 2002, 04:46   #63
da_jaymz
Chieftain

Local Time: 00:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Is there really a clan called "~no hunters" ??
And another question...is there a earth like world map available somewhere??

I agree that there are loads of excelent user made maps but as a fan of AoK/EE multiplayer is much better if you don't know what you're playing in a first place...I just pick everything on "random" and play, IMHO is much more fun that way.

And Starcraft was released 4 years ago, there are other games besides SC to play with...give it up, bury the damn game...
Even Apolyton covers other games as much they do Civ.
Old May 7, 2002, 05:52   #64
Triped
Warlord

Is there really a clan called "~no hunters" ??

Yes...it's comprised of good Starcraft players who hate that God-awful newbie-map.

And another question...is there a earth like world map available somewhere??

There may be...I usually don't play on that sort of map, though, so I wouldn't know.

I agree that there are loads of excelent user made maps but as a fan of AoK/EE multiplayer is much better if you don't know what you're playing in a first place...I just pick everything on "random" and play, IMHO is much more fun that way.

You are right, it is more fun that way in AoK/EE, because the game was designed to make that fun. Starcraft wasn't designed that way...I've played 150+ games on Lost Temple (most popular good map), and even though everyone knows exactly where everything is, it's still fun to play, even more so in some people's eyes because knowing the map leaves more time to focus on expanding/attacking/spying on enemies/etc.

And Starcraft was released 4 years ago, there are other games besides SC to play with...

Absolutely...currently, I play even more HOMM4 than Starcraft

give it up, bury the damn game...

I'll bury it when people stop finding new strategies and new ways to play the game. The game hasn't stopped growing for four years, no reason for it to now.

Even Apolyton covers other games as much they do Civ.

As well they should.
Old May 7, 2002, 17:01   #65
St Leo
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 19:34
Soooo, St Leo ... how did you stop the Krogoth?

I am yet to find CC in a bargain bin, but throwing a couple hundred units at it ought to work.