Old April 27, 2002, 03:35   #61
Patriqvium
Prince

Local Time: 01:37
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Methionylglutaminylarginyltyrosylglutamylserylleuc ylphenylalanylalanylglutaminylleucyllysylglutamyla rginyllysyglutamylgycylalanylphenylalanylvalylprol ylphenylalanylvalylthreonylleucylglycylaspartylpro lylglycyllisoleucylglutamylglutaminylserylleucylly sylisoleucylaspartylthreonylleucylisoleucylglutamy lalanylglycylalanylaspartylalanylleucylglutamylleu cylglycylisoleucylprolylphenylalanylserylaspartylp rolylleucylalanylaspartylglycylprolylthreonylisole ucylglutaminylasparaginylalanylthreonylleucylargin ylalanylphenylalanylalanylalanylglycylvalylthreony lprolylalanylglutaminylcysteinylphenylalanylglutam ylmethionylleucylalanylleucylisoleucylarginylgluta minyllysylhistidylprolylthreonylisoleucylprolyliso leucylglycylleucylleucylmethionyltyrosylalanylaspa raginylleucylvalylphenylalanylasparaginyllysylglyc ylisoleucylaspartylglutamylphenylalanyltyrosylalan ylglutaminylcysteinylglutamyllysylvalylglycylvalyl aspartylsrylvalylleucylvalylalanylaspartylvalylpro lylvalylglutaminylglutamylserylalanylprolylphenyla lanylarginylglutaminylalanylalanylleucylarginylhis tidylasparaginylvalylalanylprolylisoleucylphenylal anylisoleucylcysteinylprolylprolylaspartylalanylas partylaspartylaspartylleucylleucylarginylglutaminy lisoleucylalanylseryltyrosylglycylarginylglycyltyr osylthreonyltyrosylleucylleucylserylarginylalanylg lycylvalylthreonylglycylalanylglutamylasparaginyla rginylalanylalanylleucylleucyllysylglutamyltyrosyl asparaginylalanylalanylprolylprolylleucylglutaminy lglycylphenylalanylglysylisoleucylserylalanylproly laspartylglutaminylvalyllysylalanylalanylisoleucyl aspartylalanylglycylalanylalanylglycylalanylisoleu cylserylglycylserylalanylisoleucylvalyllysylisoleu cylisoleucylglutamylglutaminylhistidylasparaginyli soleucylglutamylprolylglutamyllysylmethionylleucyl alanylalanylleucyllysylvalylphenylalanylvalylgluta minylprolylmethionyllysylalanylalanylthreonylargin ylserine.

Oh, it's the term for the formula C1289H_2051N_343O_375S_8.
Old April 27, 2002, 03:37   #62
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 02:37
So, Patrikka, you gonna get in to that lukio that specializes in science?
Old April 27, 2002, 03:40   #63
Patriqvium
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by kassiopeia
Yes, I actually had the entry tests yesterday with chemistry as my primary subject. And the test was insanely easy (and quite imbalanced, those with mathematics or physics had a primary subject test three times harder than mine).
Old April 27, 2002, 03:45   #64
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

I know, I've read Muropaketti.
Btw, I managed to pull out some Valpuri-related stuff from your site directory - Is it just me or did you know of Valpuri before I mentioned it an aeon ago in the very first Suomithreadi?
Old April 27, 2002, 03:49   #65
Stefu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
High school! High school! YOU SAY HIGH SCHOOL OR YOU DIE YOU MISERABLE ASSDWARF!

Grr! Reminds me of our English teacher. "We are studying here in Normaalikoulun Lukio! And now we go to kielistudio!"
"Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
"That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world
Old April 27, 2002, 03:50   #66
Patriqvium
Prince

Quote:
I know, I've read Muropaketti.
Btw, I managed to pull out some Valpuri-related stuff from your site directory - Is it just me or did you know of Valpuri before I mentioned it an aeon ago in the very first Suomithreadi?
No, I didn't - kudos for informing me about the wonders of Valpuri. I borrowed the idea to bring a bit of multi-culturality to our school's information boards, which had been flooded by ultraconservative Christian "You! Yes, you! You are going to Hell"-type posters.
Old April 27, 2002, 03:50   #67
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Local Time: 17:37
Local Date: October 31, 2010
These are your classmates, Stefu?
Old April 27, 2002, 03:52   #68
KrazyHorse
Deity

Local Time: 19:37
Of course. You think there's more than one school in Finland?
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old April 27, 2002, 03:54   #69
Stefu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Of course not, dim foreigners.
"Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
"That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world
Old April 27, 2002, 03:55   #70
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Well you said "our english teacher" and here in Lappaland ours is plural and means more than one which is singular, so therefore there is more than one school in Sweden.
Old April 27, 2002, 04:00   #71
Stefu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

If you didn't get that our meant "our class", like the class I'm in, consider - those other fellows are of different age than me. How can they be in same class?
Old April 27, 2002, 04:01   #72
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Maybe it was a redundancy class if you know what I'm saying.
Old April 27, 2002, 04:03   #73
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 10:37
Old April 27, 2002, 04:10   #74
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Stefu: High school? You sure about that? All right, all right...
Patrikka: So... you mean I can now with great pride inform my Valpuri-worshipping friend that I have spread the word of Him all the way to Olari?
Old April 27, 2002, 04:10   #75
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

I wonder at the replies here. If I was forced to change my name, I wouldn't. I would leave Apolyton without a delay.
Old April 27, 2002, 04:16   #76
Patriqvium
Prince

Quote:
Stefu: High school? You sure about that? All right, all right...
Patrikka: So... you mean I can now with great pride inform my Valpuri-worshipping friend that I have spread the word of Him all the way to Olari?
With great pleasure.
Old April 27, 2002, 04:25   #77
Kassiopeia
Emperor

That is über-cool. Really, it is. I might even get an official position in the Church of Valpuri for this feat.
Old April 27, 2002, 05:21   #78
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 09:37
I'm really bad at thinking of screen names, so I'd use the name of a character from a book or something.
Old April 27, 2002, 05:37   #79
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Local Time: 23:37
Quote:
Originally posted by Patriqvium
Methionylglutaminyl...lalanylalanylthreonylarginyl serine.

I'm having a disturbuing urge to learn this.
"They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara
Old April 27, 2002, 06:58   #80
Zoid
inmate
C4DG The HordeCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG Southern Cross

Local Time: 00:37
Alexanders Cow
Old April 27, 2002, 07:08   #81
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Somebody Somewhere.
Old April 27, 2002, 07:14   #82
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Patriqvium
Methionylglutaminylarginyltyrosylglutamylserylleuc ylphenylalanylalanylglutaminylleucyllysylglutamyla rginyllysyglutamylgycylalanylphenylalanylvalylprol ylphenylalanylvalylthreonylleucylglycylaspartylpro lylglycyllisoleucylglutamylglutaminylserylleucylly sylisoleucylaspartylthreonylleucylisoleucylglutamy lalanylglycylalanylaspartylalanylleucylglutamylleu cylglycylisoleucylprolylphenylalanylserylaspartylp rolylleucylalanylaspartylglycylprolylthreonylisole ucylglutaminylasparaginylalanylthreonylleucylargin ylalanylphenylalanylalanylalanylglycylvalylthreony lprolylalanylglutaminylcysteinylphenylalanylglutam ylmethionylleucylalanylleucylisoleucylarginylgluta minyllysylhistidylprolylthreonylisoleucylprolyliso leucylglycylleucylleucylmethionyltyrosylalanylaspa raginylleucylvalylphenylalanylasparaginyllysylglyc ylisoleucylaspartylglutamylphenylalanyltyrosylalan ylglutaminylcysteinylglutamyllysylvalylglycylvalyl aspartylsrylvalylleucylvalylalanylaspartylvalylpro lylvalylglutaminylglutamylserylalanylprolylphenyla lanylarginylglutaminylalanylalanylleucylarginylhis tidylasparaginylvalylalanylprolylisoleucylphenylal anylisoleucylcysteinylprolylprolylaspartylalanylas partylaspartylaspartylleucylleucylarginylglutaminy lisoleucylalanylseryltyrosylglycylarginylglycyltyr osylthreonyltyrosylleucylleucylserylarginylalanylg lycylvalylthreonylglycylalanylglutamylasparaginyla rginylalanylalanylleucylleucyllysylglutamyltyrosyl asparaginylalanylalanylprolylprolylleucylglutaminy lglycylphenylalanylglysylisoleucylserylalanylproly laspartylglutaminylvalyllysylalanylalanylisoleucyl aspartylalanylglycylalanylalanylglycylalanylisoleu cylserylglycylserylalanylisoleucylvalyllysylisoleu cylisoleucylglutamylglutaminylhistidylasparaginyli soleucylglutamylprolylglutamyllysylmethionylleucyl alanylalanylleucyllysylvalylphenylalanylvalylgluta minylprolylmethionyllysylalanylalanylthreonylargin ylserine.

And what would that normally be, if you care to save me from doing a sequence search on this particular protein.
Old April 27, 2002, 07:15   #83
Ecthy
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameSpanish Civers
Emperor

Does that stuff really exist? it seems rather... complex!
Old April 27, 2002, 07:17   #84
Provost Harrison
Deity

Nah, he is just showing off. It would appear to be the most convoluted way I have ever come across of describing an amino acid sequence. It's probably something quite simple like trypsin or something

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith
Old April 27, 2002, 08:23   #85
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

A google search merely turns up two sites giving it's number of letters, and citing it as the longest word in the English language. I haven't found it's chemical name yet.

The longest word in standard dictionaries, however, still apears to be pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanokoniosis.
"They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara
Old April 27, 2002, 08:41   #86
Patriqvium
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Provost Harrison
Nah, he is just showing off. It would appear to be the most convoluted way I have ever come across of describing an amino acid sequence. It's probably something quite simple like trypsin or something
Bingo. As Chowlett stated, I happened to meet this rather fancy (and unuseful) way to write the sequence down by just Googling for some page-filling words to show off here. Even I don't have enough free time to describe sequences so that they fill half a page.
Old April 27, 2002, 08:46   #87
Provost Harrison
Deity

So what was the protein?

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith
Old April 27, 2002, 08:58   #88
Patriqvium
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Provost Harrison
So what was the protein?
It seems to be an enzyme called tryptophan synthetase, which (as you probably know, being quite more experienced in this branch of science than I am) catalyzes the formation of tryptophan by uniting serine and indole.

BTW, it seems to be that my original word monster was not even the longest (and probably one of the most unpronounciable) word there is; NADP specific glutamate hydrogenase can be deciphered to an even longer word.
Old April 27, 2002, 08:59   #89
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Stop being so damn scientific.
Old April 27, 2002, 12:16   #90
Gibsie
Civilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Old Gumbo-Fingers Jones