Old April 26, 2002, 21:19   #1
exeter0
Warlord

Local Time: 09:39
Local Date: November 1, 2010
1.21F PATCH
I thought I would start a new 1.21F thread cause the other one seems to have been hijacked...

I would just like to say that while I agree that there are some things still to be included in the game.. especially with editor/scenario capabilities... I think that 1.21F is a great patch and cetainly addresses some of our biggest gameplay gripes.

I especially like the way that Firaxis have addressed some of our issues with properties that we can change in the editor to ahieve our personal views on gampley and balance (like Tech whoring and corruption.

I would also like to say that I really don't mind the fact that we are 'beta testers'.. I think that over the last 10 years CIV has been become a gaming community in its own right.. which traverses two complex game genres, wargaming and sims: which is not easy to do and why we like the game so much. But unfortunately due to licensing issues etc some momentum has been lost since CIV2. But that's the way it goes.. but as long as Firaxis continue to support the game that is great! (Which uinfortunately Activision didn't do with CTP)

Hmmm... i think i'm going on a bit! so sorry to interrupt.. i'll let you guys get back to whinging about the important stuff like how much you paid (or didn't pay) and how used you all feel for being beta testers...

But hey.. the title of this thread is "1.21F PATCH".
-------------------------------------

Last edited by exeter0; April 26, 2002 at 21:34.
Old April 26, 2002, 21:28   #2
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 18:39
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Here Here!!

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Even if the game is a "beta" as some claim,I am more than happy to have been playing these past 6 months. I have gotten much more out of this "beta" than I have out of most games I have purchased.
Old April 26, 2002, 22:03   #3
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 01:39
Local Date: November 1, 2010
it IS good now, ( some minor mods needed though ;-)