Old April 27, 2002, 15:50   #1
Kenshi
Settler

Local Time: 23:41
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Change in Wall street
Does anyone know how to fiddle around with the Wall Street wonder settings?

The 50 gold cap hardly seems worth it. I was thinking of changing the limit to infinite or at least a very high amount of gold.

The economic factor seems to be rather weak in this game, even with trade and so forth. The ability to invest the gold for a higher return adds a little strategy to managing the resources I suppose.

Perhaps someone can make an Economics mod? I'd try if I knew how. Most fiscal and monetary issues are basically ensuring you break even or make some gold per turn.
Kenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2002, 04:37   #2
Gelvan
Warlord

Local Time: 00:41
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Yeah thats true! I just gave +50% tax and luxuries to it, so it has the same function as the stock exchange in civ2. Plus I put a "Commercial"-Flag on, so that those civs may get a Golden Age.

There's nothing more you really could do about it, only put a high culture, but that isn't so appropriate.
Gelvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2002, 17:12   #3
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 01:41
hi ,

i believe that wall street should be a big wonder , returning 5 percent , no matter how much money you have , with a limit of lets say 100000 in total or so .

and when you have 1000 and 4 banks or so you could built a central bank , giving you 50 , but only up to a maximum , lets say 10000 or so .

have a nice day

Last edited by panag; May 10, 2002 at 19:42.
Panag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2002, 18:42   #4
realpolitic
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 15:41
Re: Change in Wall street
Quote:
Originally posted by Kenshi
The 50 gold cap hardly seems worth it. I was thinking of changing the limit to infinite or at least a very high amount of gold.
The 50 gold is alot more than you would get by building a few Banks.
realpolitic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2002, 20:45   #5
Tuberski

Local Time: 18:41
50 gold per turn adds up if you play long enough. It also, a lot of times, allows you to move your research slider higher.
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Tuberski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2002, 21:36   #6
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuberski
50 gold per turn adds up if you play long enough. It also, a lot of times, allows you to move your research slider higher.

Exactly right. It doesn't seem like a lot, but it provides a lot of flexibilty. I usually build it in the early 1000's, so I will get a lot of turns out of it, (not sure how many) if its 100 turns, that's 5000 gold. not bad, a great supplement to the income. Plus, IIRC, it continues to gain the 50 even if the civ is in anarchy.

But, I do wish that there were stockexchanges or another building in the marketplace-bank sequence.
asleepathewheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2002, 23:04   #7
Tuberski

Quote:
Originally posted by asleepathewheel

But, I do wish that there were stockexchanges or another building in the marketplace-bank sequence.
There was in Civ 2 IIRC. But this isn't Civ2 and I don't think either you or I neccesarily want Civ 2 with better graphics and culture.

Wall Street basically IS a stock exchange.
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Tuberski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2002, 23:48   #8
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuberski

There was in Civ 2 IIRC. But this isn't Civ2 and I don't think either you or I neccesarily want Civ 2 with better graphics and culture.

Wall Street basically IS a stock exchange.

No, I don't want Civ2 with better graphics. But I did like having the extra building. And I know that wall street is supposed to approximate the same result. And of course, it was ridiculous to have every city with their own stock exchange. Could have been named better, i think. But if I have 50 cities, I would be making more money off stockexchanges than the 50 in interest per turn.
asleepathewheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2002, 06:28   #9
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 01:41
Quote:
Originally posted by panag
hi ,

i believe that wall street should be a big wonder , returning 5 percent , no matter how much money you have , with a limit of lets say 100000 in total or so .

and when you have 1000 and 4 banks or so you could built a central bank , giving you 50 , but only up to a maximum , lets say 10000 or so .

have a nice day
hi ,

so what about this , ...

have a nice day
Panag is offline   Reply With Quote