Local Date: October 31, 2010
Hey there !

Is it still possible for me to join?

E-mail : redc210@uvm.haifa.ac.il

------------------
Proud member of the state of Israel.
Old October 14, 2000, 22:51   #62
SilverDragon

Who would like to join in a regular civ game, for the non mge players.

Please add your name and email address
Silverdragon141@aol.com (Don't use the one in my profile.

Old October 15, 2000, 01:27   #63
CornMaster
Prince

Local Time: 19:15
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Taurus if someone drops out I will put you in their spot. So be ready to play when you are sent the file. I only want 10 players MAX. For organization reasons mainly. If someone else wants to start another game after they can have more or less players.

------------------
"I'm too out of shape for a long fight so I'll have to kill you fast"
"The best meat is in the rump!"
I AM CANADIAN!
CornEmpire Index
My Civ 2 Scenario Page.
Old October 15, 2000, 22:30   #64
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 22:45
Passed on to DaveV - we now have eight cities and are researching Mysticism - Monarchy having failed to materialise - the conch has passed to DaveV see the story in http://www.stusdomain.org.uk/Succession/

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
"The Great Library must be built!"
Old October 16, 2000, 00:09   #65
CornMaster
Prince

Your supposed to send all saves to me!!!!! So I can redistrubute them. Scouse Gits your FIRED!!!! I'm joking of course. Everyone send your files to Scouse Gits because he is making the site but still post your comments here!

------------------
I AM CANADIAN!
CornEmpire Index
My Civ 2 Scenario Page.
Old October 16, 2000, 00:28   #66
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

I now have the save from CornMaster - will probably give it a whirl tonight or tomorrow. I have also set up a framework for the "History of Apolyton Succession" - it can be found here - comments welcome

------------------

Old October 16, 2000, 03:23   #67
Scouse Gits
lifer
Emperor

Sorry CornMaster, but it was 03:15 local time and we had just destroyed an incoming half case of red - so please, please forgive us....
Save coming your way: -

------------------

Old October 16, 2000, 06:40   #68
johnmcd
Apolyton University
King

Silver Dragon, MWHC and anyone else that might care…I am still interested in doing the non MGE version of this. I would rather not do the Gits’ (Scouse Gent(s), can you clarify where the apostrophe should be in this instance?) and Cornmaster’s role of Grand PoohBah or whatever their title is. I would be happy to play, and if necessary act as a hub for the distribution of the saves though. I don’t want to do the first turn however, so if someone wants to do that I’ll gladly do the next. I would suggest following the same structure as the MGE game.
My email is listed above, but if there is any doubt its johnmcdiarmid@newscientist.net. (Aha! you cry. So that’s how he came by his handle! He named it after his email address).
Old October 16, 2000, 06:44   #69
Andemagne
Civilization II MultiplayerNationStatesCivilization II Succession GamesACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 00:45
Local Date: October 31, 2010
i visited Scouse Gits' site and saw my name
on it. does this mean that am in? if does. great!

i'll but my e-mail address up as soon as i have
few extra minutes to check does the address work.

------------------
"Victrix Fortunae Virtus"
Old October 16, 2000, 08:05   #70
DaveV
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Local Time: 18:45
I've played my turn, but can't find an Email for Smash, who appears to be next on the list (although SGs' list shows me taking two cracks in a row!). I've mailed the save and the following text file to CornMaster and SG1:

Upon my succession to the regency, I formulated four goals for my reign. In order of importance, they were:

1. Monarchy. In order to allow Prince Smash to achieve his birthright, the Monarchy tech had to be discovered.

2. Defense. I thought our nation needed some protection against barbarians and other civilizations.

3. Exploration. Relatively little of the world was known to our cartographers.

4. Expansion. More land, more cities, more trade arrows.

To accomplish these goals, the following steps were taken:

1. The cities of Arrakis and Ahab were built in some heretofore ignored high-trade areas on the southern end of our home continent. Roads were built to generate extra trade arrows. I am pleased to report that Monarchy was (finally) established in 525 BC.

2. An archer was built to defend the capital, and horsemen were stationed to protect the core cities. The treasury was built up to provide cash for rush-building or to pay protection money to the barbarians.

3. Several horsemen were sent out exploring; unexplored coastline on our home continent was charted. Unfortunately, nothing better than fish was found.

4. The city of Paultimore was built as a gateway to new lands; several settlers are in position to begin exploiting this potentially rich area. Map Making was selected as the next advance after Monarchy, to provide further means of exploring this world.

The one serious mistake I made was starving a settler to death by over-managing the city of DaveVston (oh, the irony!). Good luck, King Smash!
Old October 16, 2000, 08:08   #71
kcbob
King

Local Time: 16:45
quote:

Originally posted by Scouse Gits on 10-15-2000 12:28 PM
I now have the save from CornMaster - will probably give it a whirl tonight or tomorrow. I have also set up a framework for the "History of Apolyton Succession" - it can be found here - comments welcome

Now this is too cool! This is exactly what I had in mind when I asked for commentary. Well, actually, I was thinking more of a bland .txt entry somewhere. This is too cool. Did I say that already? Well, it is!

Great work, SG!! Now, when I get the game and screw it up, I can at least embellish my efforts with spin so no one will notice. Right???

------------------
Frodo lives!

Better dead than "Red"... or green... or blue... or yellow... or orange... or purple... or white.

[This message has been edited by kcbob (edited October 16, 2000).]
Old October 16, 2000, 08:34   #72
Scouse Gits
lifer
Emperor

right on guys -- you are too kind -- but thanks anyway

I wrote the time-line from CornMaster's original modified list (before Christantine went incomunicado) and so simply moved ourselves and DaveV up one slot - I shall correct it tonight - I don't have ftp access to the site from work.

This really is a good idea - it was seriously challenging to take over from an unknown position and try and do the 'right' thing by it - and in doing so probably undo all that your predecessors had been striving to achieve

My apologies CornMaster and Maud'Dib for any destruction we might have wrought upon your plans - I can't wait to see how the universe has changed now that DaveV has had a spin

Johnmcd - as I indicated on MWHC's other thread - I'd be in for a 2.42 version - and indeed I could 'host' another site - after all the design work has been done now ... just let me know who, what & where - but if you start it please keep a 4000BC save - unfortunately that has been lost for the current game so it can never be repeated ....

good civin'

------------------

[This message has been edited by Scouse Gits (edited October 16, 2000).]
Old October 16, 2000, 08:41   #73
Scouse Gits
lifer
Emperor

p.s. CornMaster, Maud'Dib - if you would like to embellish the legends of your respective reigns I will happily post them on the site - failing that I shall extract the summaries you have posted on this thread

good civin'

------------------

Old October 16, 2000, 08:52   #74
kcbob
King

quote:

Originally posted by Scouse Gits on 10-16-2000 08:34 AM
right on guys -- you are too kind -- but thanks anyway

This really is a good idea - it was seriously challenging to take over from an unknown position and try and do the 'right' thing by it - and in doing so probably undo all that your predecessors had been striving to achieve.

I do look forward to "fixing" what I receive. And I'm really looking forward to seeing how Paul converts this to a OCC game.

BTW. It's probably a little late be here is my best guess at centralizing everyone's email addresses. Those I can find anyway.

4000BC-3050BC (20 turns) CornMaster (Player 1) dacornmaster@hotmail.com *
3000BC-2050BC (20 turns) Maud'Dib (Player 2) mauddib@intergrafix.net *
2000BC-1050BC (20 turns) Scouse Gits (Player 3) git1@scousers.net
1000BC-525BC (20 turns) DaveV (Player 4) dave_v9@yahoo.com
500BC-25BC (20 turns) Smash (Player 5) smash007@altavista.com
AD1-AD280 (15 turns) kcbob (Player 6) kcbob49@hotmail.com
AD300-AD580 (15 turns) Paul (Player 7) paulvdb@home.nl
AD600-AD880 (15 turns) Andemagne (Player 8) n/a yet
AD900-AD1180 (15 turns) Sibir (Player 9) sibirkhan@aol.com
AD1200-AD1480 (15 turns) Christantine The Great (Player 10) Choco61017@aol.com

Others who have expressed an interest in this:

johnmcd johnmcdiarmid@newscientist.net
My Wife Hates CIV density@i2k.com
Christantine the Great Choco61017@aol.com
Taurus redc210@uvm.haifa.ac.il
Mao chapman85@aol.com
Empress lfountain@worldnetla.net
SilverDragon Silverdragon141@aol.com
HsFB hsfb@uol.com.ar

Hope this helps.

------------------
Frodo lives!

Better dead than "Red"... or green... or blue... or yellow... or orange... or purple... or white.

Old October 16, 2000, 13:33   #75
CornMaster
Prince

I will expand on what I posted from before:
quote:

Ok will I just finished the first 20 turns. 2 minutes. A lot quicker than I thought. Anywho I'm ready to pass it on. How should I get it to you MWHC.
By the way, I have 2 cities and 2 warriors with 1 settler on the way in Apolyton (Capital) and 1 Phalanx coming in Civ2-MP Forum. I know lame city names but I'm tired. Also we are the Apolytoners of Team Apolyton!!!

The dawn of time was friendly to the Apolytoners as we were able to build our wonderful capital city, Apolyton, next to a delicious Buffalo. Then the first warrior emerged from the city to explore the unknown world beyond.

He followed the coast to the west until he came upon a friendly group of nomads that were overjoyed to see such and advanced civilization, and jumped at the chance to join. These new settlers founded Civ2-MP Forum near a rich fishing ground.

Apolyton's wise men also made a military discovery of bronze working which would better allow us to repel our enemies. And then took the first step toward a organized government, by beginning research on Ceremonial Burial which would lead us to Monarchy.

As this was happening in the west a new warrior emerged from Apolyton and began to explore the east, other than discovering the secert of Pottery from a friendly group of nomads there was little else there. It was mostly empty, untamed land. After the warrior emerged a new group of settlers began training in Apolyton as a Phalanx began constructed in Civ2-MP Forum.

After a little more exploring the regine of CornMaster came to an end. As he reviewed his empire he felt no regrets.....except that it was over....And has he went into hibernation until his next regine and hoped that Maud'Dib and the Kings that followed would lead the Apolytoners to greatness.

(/dramatic recount)

lol You can add that to the site under my name.

------------------
I AM CANADIAN!
CornEmpire Index
My Civ 2 Scenario Page.
Old October 16, 2000, 13:59   #76
Scouse Gits
lifer
Emperor

Done ...
or will be in about five minutes once I have uploaded the new Web

------------------

Old October 16, 2000, 14:12   #77
kcbob
King

CornMaster, I was looking at your Genesis post, detailing the creation of the world , and I was wondering if you recall a couple of other items, i.e., do we have small/medium/large land masses and islands/archielpego/continents to deal with? Might come in handy in deciding when or if to start a navy. Then again, a large world ensures a navy will come in to play. Rats! I'm a land lubber myself.

And what tribe did we go with initially?

------------------
Frodo lives!

Old October 16, 2000, 14:18   #78
Smash
Emperor

Local Time: 14:45
Sorry bout that.

try sending it to

smash007@altavista.com

If that don't work icq or pm me for another address.

Perhaps Davevston will have to be disbanded

Monarchy in 525?...yikes

[This message has been edited by Smash (edited October 16, 2000).]
Old October 16, 2000, 16:52   #79
Scouse Gits
lifer
Emperor

everyone: Smash now has the DaveV save via icq - the story will continue...
kcbob: all the information is on page 1 of this thread or (indeed preferably - he he) on the www.stusdomain.org.uk/Succession/ site. On the home page I attempted to convey (in coded form) King level, large map, restless tribes, 7 civs

I think maybe my encoding was too sneaky!!

Good civin'

------------------

Old October 16, 2000, 18:31   #80
Scouse Gits
lifer
Emperor

I have kicked off a v2.42 game ...

v2.42, Deity, Raging Hordes, 7 civs, no restart, large world.

See the Apolyton Knitting Circle thread.

Good civin'

edit to include the url ...

[This message has been edited by Scouse Gits (edited October 16, 2000).]
Old October 16, 2000, 19:46   #81
Smash
Emperor

Local Time: 14:45
I have finished my reign.It was fun.Not the best chunk of land we could have hoped for.

I would like to see this again.Is it going to go round again?

hi-lights

Map Making- finished
Masonary-finished
Trade-almost finished

2 huts @50

3 cities
Manchester
Purple Haze
Java

3 wonders started

The New King

chapter 1

It was his destiny.And his father’s.And his father’s before that.

And so, in the fullness of time,he became the leader.

The swamps and marshes,which were his boyhood playgrounds,were now the curse of his people.’

“Why has God forsaken us to such a pergatory” was known to have been muttered by the leader in council.

Soon,change befell the kingdom.The ics religion of old was forsaken and new vision of the kingdom was begun.

It was proclaimed that this was the year zero and everything was to start anew.The leader spoke unto the people and fortold of a wonderous future.That future was not set,and only thru appeasement of the new god would the kingdom blossom.Like the bloom of the rosebush.

And so,monumental projects were begun immediately to secure the grace of god.

A full year(as we know it) was spent surveying and travelling thru the new kingdom.Upon his return,the leader spoke unto the people.

“Before we can expand our kingdom,we must first expand our minds”

These were the leader’s words.Many of the people were assigned to new tasks to meet the new needs.This undoubtedly hastened the advent of Map Making.
Although it was unclear to the people what purpose they would serve,triremes were soon under construction.

The leader’s words:

“Beyond our shores,lay fortune and glory”

chapter 2

Although being bold and innovative,the young leader was not without wisdom.Lands to the east were obviously earmarked for settlement by predecessors and that goal was acheived with the cities of Purple Haze and Java.

Also,the city of Manchester was founded in the west on the only ground that was not covered by the cursed swamp.Triremes soon discovered rich whaling grounds just offshore,much to the delight of the leader.

After the advent of Map Making,the leader had hoped to develop a way to move goods but,alas,the scholars reported such a system was impossible and a way to build structures was made top priority.It was to be called Masonry.

A new military commander was appointed and the formation tactic was re-born.Several regiments of men trained in the art of formation were commissioned.Although they lacked practical experience,they brought a sense of security to the countryside.

A treasure of 50 gold pieces was founded by the exploration team of Lewis and Clark.
Publicly, there was much celebrating as revenue for completion of various projects was welcome but,privately,General Zukov wondered of it’s origin.The leader proclaimed it was gift of god,approving of the kindom and soon it was forgotten.Afterall,excitement was still high as monthly reports from Lewis and Clarke told of lands yet to be explored.

Strange ships were spotted off Stenton.This sent shock waves thru the kingdom and a military training facility was immediately begun in Mingapulco.It is hoped that in future the nearby forest will provide the resources to equip a highly trained militia.

Chapter 3

Masonary was discovered and scrolls were set on the problems of moving goods to aid construction of the great wonders.What exactly these wonders were was unknown as plans appeared to change several times.But completion was a high priority for the leader and work continued.

Another 50 gold pieces was found in the east.This time it caused no excitement at all.It seems the exploration team had been gone so long the people had forgotten them somewhat.

A reforestation program was untertaken at Java.This new forest soon flourished with pheasant.The people marveled at the leader's intuition.

In a vision,the leader saw a Great Pyramid under construction by another civilization.Apparently it resembled our own great project and the scholars were ordered to hasten their research of Trade.This was reinforced by a second vision,this time involving our magnificent Gardens currently under construction.

Roads were built and the concept of irrigation was introduced on a small scale.Miners continue to survey as there are several areas of interest.

Chapter 4

Sadly,before he could see his wonders completed,before he could see his sytem of moving goods,the leader was killed after a fall from his mount while surveying the lands near Purple Haze and Java.The people vowed to finish the great wonders in homage to their beloved fallen leader.

And so he took his place in the Valley of Kings.Like those before him.A glorious reign cut short by a cruel twist of fate.

The future was uncertain.What lay ahead for the fledgling kingdom?What of the strange ship that appeared?

A new leader must be found.One,above all others,emerges from the city of Ahab.

And that person is.....
Old October 16, 2000, 21:25   #82
kcbob
King

KCBOB the First

------------------
Frodo lives!

Old October 16, 2000, 21:27   #83
SilverDragon

Game for Emperor 2.42
4000BC-3050BC (20 turns) SilverDragon(Player 1)
3000BC-2050BC (20 turns) (Player 2)
2000BC-1050BC (20 turns) (Player 3)
1000BC-525BC (20 turns) (Player 4)
500BC-25BC (20 turns) (Player 5)
AD1-AD280 (15 turns) (Player 6)
AD300-AD580 (15 turns) (Player 7)
AD600-AD880 (15 turns) (Player 8)
AD900-AD1180 (15 turns) (Player 9)
AD1200-AD1480 (15 turns) (Player 10)
AD1500-AD1600 (10 turns) Player 1
AD1600-AD1700 (10 turns) Player 2
AD1700-AD1758 (10 turns) Player 3
AD1760-AD1778 (10 turns) Player 4
AD1780-AD1798 (10 turns) Player 5
AD1800-AD1818 (10 turns) Player 6
AD1820-AD1838 (10 turns) Player 7
AD1840-AD1854 (10 turns) Player 8
etc.
BTW, we're going for AC, so we can play longer.
Please tell me if you want a slot and specify which one you want. First come, first served. Remember, no MPG users on this one. Our city list:

Apolyton
Off Topic
Civ2-Strategy
Civ2-MP
CTP-Strategy
Civ2-General
Civ3-General

Basically, pick a forum.

Slots for sale, slots for sale.

Old October 17, 2000, 04:59   #84
Scouse Gits
lifer
Emperor

Hey SilverDragon - we seem to be in direct competition!! I guess you will by now have looked in your e-mail and discovered that I have already sent you a game to try the 3000BC slot - see my post above and the "Apolyton Knitting Circle" thread.
Might I have the temerity to suggest that you put your game on hold for a couple of days until the Knitting Circle takes off and then resurect it - and I would be happy to join in if I may?

good civin'

------------------

Old October 17, 2000, 05:09   #85
Scouse Gits
lifer
Emperor

Smash - I love your prose (if not your style of game - this is, for me, the best part of the concept having to deal with the foibles of other rulers who fail to follow through with one's own, clearly superior, strategies ) - they will be on the Succession web site this evening ....

------------------

Old October 17, 2000, 05:22   #86
johnmcd
Apolyton University
King

Hey, thanks for kicking off Gits.

Silver Dragon, can I suggest we be allowed to call our cities whatever we like?
Old October 17, 2000, 07:25   #87
Maud'Dib

From the Chronicles of Maud'Dib the Great...

"As a boy growing up in the capitol of Apolyton, I envisoned that one day I would lead my people to greatness. Under the reign of CornMaster, our nation expanded to the west due to the rich fishing grounds there. The City of Civ2-MP Forum was founded to process the rich fish harvest our fishermen would bring in every day. Unfortunately expansion had stalled due to a vast swamp that lay to the southeast of Civ2-MP Forum. Cornmaster decreed that new lands be discovered in order for the nation to grow.
To vast armies were raised in order to conquer new lands. The warriors from the capitol set out to the east to explore the plains that formed our eastern border. The warriors from Civ2-MP Forum were assigned the task of exploring the Great Swamp.
Meanwhile, the sages discovered the scecret of Bronze Working.
As I matured, I joined the army and was sent as a replacement to the Eastern Army. A rich river delta was discovered and the people rejoiced. CornMaster decreed that the poor people should be given the first opportunity to settle the new lands. The capitol was bustling with activity as citizens began creating an army of settlers--half the city's population would eventually leave to form the new city.
All was not well in the nation. CornMaster's only son, Darius, grew tired of waiting for his father to die, and decided to speed up that process. Darius' plans failed as CornMaster got wind of the plot. Civil war insued as forces loyal to Darius rescued him from the gallows.
The Eastern Army was recalled to put down the forces of Darius. When we reached the capitol, CornMaster took over command and set out to crush Darius. The battle took place near the hills south of the capitol. My unit was ordered to protect CornMaster.
Darius' forces broke through the mainline of warriors and rushed towards CornMaster. Darius hacked his way to his father and struck him with his sword. As CornMaster feels to his knees, Darius was preparing to deliver the final blow. Without hesitation, I charged at Darius and knocked him down. Taking my dagger from its holder, I thrusted it in Darius neck. As Darius staggered from the blow, I finished him off with my sword by lopping off his head. As Darius' headless body fell to the ground his forces collapsed at the lose of their leader.
For my deeds and saving his life, CornMaster gave me his daughter Tatyanna in marriage and named me his successor.
When CornMaster finally succumbed to old age, his 1000 year reign ended and mine was about to begin.

As I lead the Eastern army east, we discovered the ruins of an ancient civilization. As I pillaged the once mighty civilization, my people learned how to ride an animal called a horse, how to develope an Alphabet, how to create money and how to train warriors using a new weapon called a bow.
In addition from plundering this fallen civ's knowledge, I found some of it's surviving people who willing decided to join with my people. These newcomers
decided to build roads linking the new city of Mingapulco, which I named in honor of our god, with that of the Capitol.
One of CornMaster's legacies came to fruition as our sages finally discovered Ceremonial Burial.
With a working Alphabet and temples to pray to the gods, I instructed our sages to develope a Code Of Laws to govern my growing realm.
With new lands dicovered, my people began creating new groups of settlers to tame these wild places.
As I grew old--a 1000 years to be precise--I grew weary of the burdens of leadership and chose my 37th son, Scouse Gits, to lead our people into the 3rd Millenium.

Long Live the People of Apolyton.

------------------
"And his word shall carry
death eternal to those who
stand against righteousness."

Old October 17, 2000, 08:02   #88
kcbob
King

quote:

Originally posted by Scouse Gits on 10-17-2000 05:09 AM
Smash - I love your prose (if not your style of game - this is, for me, the best part of the concept having to deal with the foibles of other rulers who fail to follow through with one's own, clearly superior, strategies ) - they will be on the Succession web site this evening ....

I, too, think this is one of the entertaining aspects of the Apolyton forums. I'm sorely tempted to write the account first and let the revisionist historians (me) rewrite history at the controls of the game.

Haven't received the game as of yet from Smash. He'd better hurry. The puddle of drool at my feet is getting pretty big!

------------------
Frodo lives!

Old October 17, 2000, 08:05   #89
Scouse Gits
lifer
Emperor

Maud'Dib: Oh I like it - thanks a lot dad I shall upload it tonight
kcbob: Sorry I assumed that Smash had sent it to you and Cornmaster as well as myself - I haven't got it here, but will e-mail it as soon as I get home - if it doesn't arrive from some other source first.

edit to include a reply to KCBob

[This message has been edited by Scouse Gits (edited October 17, 2000).]
Old October 17, 2000, 13:14   #90
SCG
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
King

Local Time: 17:45
quote:

Originally posted by CornMaster on October 17, 2000 12:04 PM
And just a comment on playing style. Do you guys always build your cities so close together? It doesn't allow for very big cities. I always try to have each city have it's own resources and no conflicts in it's city radis. In MP I might build a little closer but not that close!

quote:

Originally posted by Scouse Gits on 10-16-2000 08:34 AM
This really is a good idea - it was seriously challenging to take over from an unknown position and try and do the 'right' thing by it - and in doing so probably undo all that your predecessors had been striving to achieve

My apologies CornMaster and Maud'Dib for any destruction we might have wrought upon your plans - I can't wait to see how the universe has changed now that DaveV has had a spin

Sounds like the ICSers did in fact wreak a bit of havoc on the initial master plan *pictures Cornmaster disbanding cities and transfering the population back to his initial planned population centers*

kind of like the Egyptian pharohs dismantling monuments to their predecessors The question is who will be the Ramesses II and etch his/her name so deeply that no one can ever remove it

------------------
Sleep is a luxury and I don't have Shakespeare's Theatre in my back yard.
[This message has been edited by SCG (edited October 17, 2000).]