Old May 13, 2002, 22:54   #31
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 23:53
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Hmm... Now that we have the Committee organized. Do we have any propositions?
Old May 13, 2002, 23:02   #32
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

I think I have one. How about we limit the terms to each position in the high council to one reelection unless the person is running unopposed... Thus to avoid the El Awrence Dictatatorial Solution

That way the high councilors can move around experience other parts of the game, and possibly new people can join in and play the game?

Another proposition could be to limit each person to 3 elections to the council in a row. (This would not include the VP as he is not elected)

-
Just throwing ideas at the commission
Old May 14, 2002, 02:19   #33
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 11:53
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Excellent issue, DC! Personally I think only one reelection may be a little too far, but it might work. My main objection is that often it is difficult to find new ppl willing to run for positions at election time, and thus the same ppl return. It is good for the game itself, but not so good for the members as a whole.

Then again, we have had some ppl in the Council four times in a row (but in different positions), and thus have had an element of the same tactics (successful though they are) for four months.

We should certainly discuss this further with the input of the other Committee members and poll when we can.

Thanks for starting us off DC! You get a Vice-Presidential gold star!

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old May 14, 2002, 05:17   #34
James Adams
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Prince

The committee is near, but not now but thanks for idea!
Old May 14, 2002, 11:51   #35
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 17:53
I say maximum 2 terms in the same position in a row, 3 terms in the council in a row (not including VP). After taking a month off you can come back again though.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old May 14, 2002, 11:52   #36
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 17:53
oh, historian should also be an exception

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old May 14, 2002, 20:58   #37
DarkCloud
staff

I agree with civman's proposition.
In the event that they run unopposed, however, the rule should be waived.
Old May 16, 2002, 06:51   #38
James Adams
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Prince

I agree. It will only be able to be a rule if all of the committee agree and at least half of the members vote for it too!
Old May 18, 2002, 01:25   #39
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 11:53
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I refer the Committee to the new thread I have started for this discussion (easier to see and with a Committe title).

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!