Old May 2, 2002, 18:42   #31
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 23:56
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Or, to elaborate on what Fitz said, block off not your borders, but their route:
Settler teams going through to get to that vast frozen penisular ? With a two tile bottle neck? You know what to do. (by the way, proves that the AI "cheats" as I have closed off the route, and the 20ish settlers of all nationalties plodding thro my fields turned straight back home, and they were, what, 20 ? 30 ? tiles from the bottleneck.
Same for armys crossing to invate your neigbour. The shortest blocking route is rarely on the border.

Just a tip

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old May 2, 2002, 18:59   #32
Coracle
Prince

Local Time: 18:56
Re: Can I still complain about AI border violations?
Quote:
Originally posted by Boris Godunov
1) The frequency with which AI units enter my borders is still appallingly high. And they still ignore me when I ask them to leave.

2) The AI still gets a free pass through other AI territory to come and attack me with huge armies, even if they don't have a RoP agreement with the other civ. That's just patently not fair and gives the AI what is essentially a major cheat on all difficulty levels.
All true. But there is more.

Settlers march right into my territory, and they get two free passes until the "get out or declare war" notice appears. THEN they TELEPORT themselves magically to some far corner of my kingdom where there is an open tile - a tile they should not even know about!

I've had demented STACKS of Indian War Elephants drunkenly walk into my territory, and then humbly apologize and leave. That TEDIUM repeated itself for a dozen turns.

Workers march boldy across my territory.

Even when I'm at war with a civ, if I raze one of their cities, the idiot AI sends a setler directly to the open tile. Of course I promptly attack and destroy it.

Yes, outside of Culture Flipping, it is the most annoying aspect of the game.

As for blocking borders with units, it's another exercise in tedium.

Last edited by Coracle; May 2, 2002 at 19:11.
Old May 2, 2002, 22:25   #33
Chronus
Prince

Local Time: 23:56
Quote:
no but really, i found that they stop incursions after i flex my military muscle(s)
I suspect something like this may be happening as well. Many games ago, a rival civ would continuously send units across my border. Finally, I told him to get off and he declared war. I won the war, not big time, but big enough to make my point. The next time he crossed my border, I told him to get off, and he did (and stayed off - no more incursions from him).
Old May 3, 2002, 04:24   #34
LaRusso
King

Local Time: 01:56
Local Date: November 1, 2010
oh cmon, tresspassing is fun. and you get a DoW sometimes when you actually want it, without lowering your diplo reputation or taking a hapyness hit
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.