I think so, but it wont be the first months of release 14 10.29%
Maybe...and then maybe not 17 12.50%
I don't think so, but maybe time will change my mind 9 6.62%
NO WAY! 15 11.03%
Only if they introduce the Banana republic 2 1.47%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 5, 2002, 08:04   #61
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 00:58
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by ADG
There's ton of Swedes around here, but it seems like I'm the only dane around here...I guess I'm the only person in Denmark who plays Civ games!
I think most of your fellow countrymen are too busy smoking weed, smuggling beer from Germany and complaining about Barsebäck to play computer games. How's that for national prejudice?

Quote:
Btw, everybody's talking about that SMAC expansion, but how was that? What did they include since it was that great?
They made a lot of nifty litte changes that made the game more interesting. They patched up the obvious holes in the SP line-up. Overall, they gave compulsive tinkerers like myself a lot of new pieces to play with. Much like LEGO, my Danish friend.
Old May 5, 2002, 08:20   #62
Zoid
inmate
C4DG The HordeCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG Southern Cross

Quote:
Originally posted by ADG
There's ton of Swedes around here, but it seems like I'm the only dane around here...I guess I'm the only person in Denmark who plays Civ games!

Btw, everybody's talking about that SMAC expansion, but how was that? What did they include since it was that great?
SMACX expanded the storyline and thus contained seven new factions including two alien ones (that kinda sucked but anyway...), a bunch of new nifty tecnologies, secret projects and base facilites (Brood Pit ) as well as new weapons, armour and special abilities. It also introduced new landmarks like the Manifold Nexus.

For me it was the expanded storyline that made this expansion great, it was almost like a sequel that was as good as the first one

BTW isn´t Blizters and Thue also danish?
------
Here´s an excerpt from the readme for SMACX:

Quote:
SID MEIER'S ALIEN CROSSFIRE
README.TXT
9/15/99

Undocumented Additions:

*Sea Borders: coastal bases now extend borders into the sea for all squares adjacent to the base. Nearby water bases do not affect these borders.
*Detonating a fungal missile may now trigger native life forms from dormant spores. The higher the reactor level, the greater the number of spores.
*Fungal Towers receive a 50% bonus when attacked, due to their ability to co-ordinate and direct native life forms in the vicinity.
*A Progenitor faction controlling the Manifold Nexus receives +1 Research in addition to +1 Planet.
*The Manifold Usurpers have a -1 Planet due to their intent to subvert the Transcendence process.
*The Cybernetic Consciousness may steal technology when capturing a base, regardless of the rules preference set at the beginning.
*The Data Angels now get any technology discovered by three other factions with whom they have an infiltrator.
*Any units adjacent to a mind controlled base fall under the control of the probe teams faction.
*The Dissociative Wave now works on offense.
*The manual states that an alien may be in a submission pact and not affect a diplomatic victory; this is not true. For a human faction to win a diplomatic victory, both alien factions must be completely eliminated from the game, regardless of their Pact status.

NOTE: Alien Crossfire now contains all the additions/enhancements and fixes to Alpha Centauri 1.0 that were contained in the downloadable updates, V2.0 through 4.0.

-----------------------------------------------

ADDITIONS\ENHANCEMENTS
· Check out the new landmark: the Manifold Nexus, a ruined remnant of an extensive alien complex with a mysterious relationship to the Planet itself. The faction possessing the Nexus inside its territory enjoys an improved relationship with Planet (+1 on the Social Engineering scale).
· You can now see AI player's social engineering settings.
· Wheelmouse support implemented for most listboxes and when picking production choices.
Old May 5, 2002, 09:19   #63
Faeelin
Chieftain

Local Time: 23:58
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Probably not. Firaxis left me feeling cheated, as their site said (the day civ3 came out) that there were scenarios, a working scenario editor allowing for incredible customization, etc.

If it's good enough to make up for civ3, perhaps. Otherwise, I'm giving my money to a company like Paradox, who went back to the drawing board post release, made a scenario editor, and are releasing it for free because the players asked.
Old May 5, 2002, 13:53   #64
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Faelin: There is that. There can be no doubt that any Civ3 XP has to be a real class act to stand a chance to attract my money.