View Poll Results: Check all of the dreams you've had
An "Everybody is in World War III" dream 16 4.07%
A running nude in a public place dream 36 9.16%
A you and people you know are back in some time in history replaying world events dream 18 4.58%
A dream where an evil animal chases you 42 10.69%
A naughty dream 65 16.54%
A dream where you are a player in the big league of a sport 11 2.80%
A dream where you and some people you know are all animals 5 1.27%
A falling dream 51 12.98%
A dream where your greatest fear attacks you 26 6.62%
A dream in which somebody rapes you 11 2.80%
A dream where aliens are attacking the world 22 5.60%
A dream about a civ game you played where your rival comes to haunt you 16 4.07%
I have no life, so the above option and the dream about your greatest fear attacking you are one and the same for me. 2 0.51%
A dream about meeting 'poly member(s) 12 3.05%
A dream where you are "in" a game you play 38 9.67%
I have had one of these 20+ times 22 5.60%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 393. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 3, 2002, 09:13   #31
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 02:01
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
Does anyone else have dreams with celebrities in them? Maybe it's because I mainlined tv as a kid and now teach courses in pop culture and mass comm, but major and minor show biz figures end up in my dreams all the time. Sadly, it's never anything good, like Sigourney Weaver showing up in a naughty dream ; no, instead I get dreams where I take the bus to Logan airport with the cast of The Love Boat. Please, tell me I'm not alone!
I get those all the time...Alyssa Milano visits me all the time...and then...ahemm...
Old May 3, 2002, 09:30   #32
Rufus T. Firefly
King

Local Time: 20:01
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by ADG

I get those all the time...Alyssa Milano visits me all the time...and then...ahemm...
Now, see, in MY dream Alyssa Milano would visit me all the time...and then...ahemm... she'd offer to buy all my flourescent light bulbs, paying me with used paper from a game of Pictionary. Then we'd have an argument about whether extra-spicy Buffalo wings caused the Korean War, and then she'd turn into Kenny Miller, this kid who moved away when I was in second grade.

Maybe I do need therapy.
Old May 3, 2002, 09:38   #33
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
Now, see, in MY dream Alyssa Milano would visit me all the time...and then...ahemm... she'd offer to buy all my flourescent light bulbs, paying me with used paper from a game of Pictionary. Then we'd have an argument about whether extra-spicy Buffalo wings caused the Korean War, and then she'd turn into Kenny Miller, this kid who moved away when I was in second grade.

Maybe I do need therapy.
That's the dreams I get when I don't get naughty dreams...which means it's about 49/49...The other 2% is for other dreams (Like my Carmageddon dream)
Old May 3, 2002, 11:33   #34
Bosh
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 09:01
I get the wierdest dreams. My reoccuring childhood dream was that I was swinging throug the trees (oak trees if I remember correctly) then I land on a doorstep and this metal plaque falls at my feet saying "you're going to die" then a giant meatball starts chasing me getting bigger and bigger and faster and faster until its just about to squish me
Old May 3, 2002, 11:44   #35
Guynemer
C4WDG The GooniesCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-League
Emperor

I actually have run naked through a public place...
Old May 3, 2002, 12:01   #36
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 00:01
I don't remember dreams very often, but most of the ones I remember have all taken place in a sort of 'alternate reality' where I can recognize places that I have been to, but they don't actually look anything like they do in reality... if that makes any sense .

I had one recurring dream as a child, that involved a wearwolf... it's kind of hard to explain but it would be chasing me, and everyone I've ever met, through a different place in every dream. (each one a place in that 'alternate reality' that I could recognize from my life)

I've also had a few dreams that revolved around a computer game, or when I was younger, a cartoon. There was one incident, after I had played StarCraft for 36 hours straight ( ), I was probably starting to suffer from sleep deprivation and couldn't think outside of the terms of the game. For instance, I had trouble geting to sleep after that despite being exhausted, and remember thinking that i had to "build supply depots" (even though I wasn't playing the game anymore) in order to get to sleep

Do It Ourselves
Old May 3, 2002, 12:15   #37
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

And another experience of sleep deprivation....
In an apartment I used to live in, there was a sort of random clicking noise that came from the wall directly beside where my head rested at night, and it often kept me awake. I have no idea what caused it, but in the long sleepless nights I'd often develop paranoid theories about it - they'd usually involve the usuall government plots and whatnot, but there was one in particular that I remember,where I was convinced it was somehow linked to a french message board on the internet and everytime someone made a post there, it'd make a noise in my wall.

I remember waking up (after finally being able to get a bit of sleep) and thinking I had to look for a french messageboard on the internet... I couldn't think of why untill I recalled that.

I eventually kicked a hole in the wall - that stoped the noise.

Do It Ourselves
Old May 3, 2002, 12:28   #38
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

i've had alot of weird dreams
Old May 3, 2002, 12:35   #39
Clear Skies
Prince

I think the most frequent dream I have is one about missing the bus home from school - it has about a thousand different permutations, and gets highly irritating. According to dream interpretation books it's all to do with insecurity (yeah, I have a lot of that) and being desperate not to miss out on something interesting (ummm...no, my life has no interest...).

I've had it thousands of times...
"Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman
Old May 3, 2002, 12:35   #40
orange
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 19:01
I had a dream about Imran and a dream about Comrade Dan, the latter of which was a civesque dream.

Very, very odd

A few nights ago I had a dream where two *******s from my school were raping a girl in the back of a minivan, and I was trying to save her, and when I went to save her the one guy grabbed me and killed me with a knife. I woke up immediately after being 'killed' still feeling a sharp pain in my neck.

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui
Old May 3, 2002, 12:39   #41
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 03:01
Shoot, I've seen some sick stuff in my dreams, but can't remember them. One 'naughty dream' especially, was, ugh, well, I can't believe my subconscious wanted to do *that* with *her*.
Christ!

I do have a recurring dream in which I see in slow motion from inside my living room as my house is consumed by the pressure wave of a nuclear blast And lots of other apocalyptic stuff too.

Another recurring one is that get late from school. Otherwise a normal morning, but I'm late. I live 300 metres from my school, so I haven't been late a single time for the past three years.
Old May 3, 2002, 12:46   #42
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Local Time: 18:01
All of them except the "I have no life" option.
"And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
Old May 3, 2002, 13:10   #43
The Mad Monk
Emperor

I used to play a lot of AD&D, and to this day, I have dreams and nightmares played out in the context of that game.

There is one dream that I only remember the end of, but that vividly. I was running down a 'standard' dungeon corridor, with a broadsword in one hand and a viking round shield in the other. I didn't know where I was or where I was heading, just that I was being pursued by the thing that got the others.

I rounded a corner and came up against a wall; I whirled to find myself face-to-face with a huge minotaur, a battleaxe arcing overhead! I swung my sword, which shattered hitting the haft of the axe, leaving a jagged point in my hand. The minotaur hadn't recovered the axe swing, so I lunged forward, burying the shard to the hilt -- and was instantly bashed in my side and into a corner by the mintaur's backhand.

I couldn't get up, I couldn't move, my side felt wet and warm, my arm was numb, all I could do was crouch in the corner behind my shield, as that axe pounded down blow after blow after blow...

I woke up with the sheets soaked in sweat, and my right arm asleep from being in an odd position under me.

I don't think I got back to sleep that night.
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old May 3, 2002, 13:17   #44
Stefu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

One rather odd dream was one where mutated Coca Cola sixpacks that were fused together tried to take over the world by surfing. I try to explain this to people and they look at me oddly.

Oh, and there was that one where cult lead by John Lithgow operated inside our school, and their object was to have sex with aliens who were bound to land to Earth any moment.

Too many sun-blows-up dreams to remember. In one of them, I spent the last half-a-hour before the explosion on Poly. True grit, that

Once, I went to future, and was in some kind of a library, and only managed to see a history book telling that New York was a small, impoverished neighbour to Norway. I think that's an omen.

I've also had far too many dreams where my parents try to kill me. *shudder*

Oh, and once I actually realized I was in a dream and, naturally, wished with all my might that some hot, naked women would start materializing in my vicinity. None came. That pissed me off. Another time, I wished for a car, and got a little toy car that looked like a turd.

Every time I have a sex dream, I wake up just as we're getting to the good part. That's starting to get rather annoying.
"Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
"That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world
Old May 3, 2002, 13:22   #45
Ecthy
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameSpanish Civers
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Stefu
Every time I have a sex dream, I wake up just as we're getting to the good part. That's starting to get rather annoying.
Same here. Maybe that has the psychological relevance of us not getting laid and getting desperate about it
Old May 3, 2002, 14:00   #46
Adalbertus
Prince

Local Time: 01:01
I'd wonder if there is someone who doesn't have naughty dreams - at least among those who can remember some of their dreams the next day. I'd guess this is more a sign of a psychological problem than having some.

In some of my dreams I can fly - not too high, usually about the height of tree tops. On landing, I cannot do steep descends, which sometimes gets me into trouble with branches or telegraph wires. (I didn't crash yet, as you see I'm posting).

My weirdest dream probably was one night early in my studies of physics where I had to multiply the sauce Bolognese by omega^2, to get the wave equation right for the spaghetti. This problem turned out to be so hard that I woke up, realized that this was utter nonsense, and fell asleep again. The problem was still unsolved and so I started thinking again. Repeat five times.

In York (UK) where I spent one term, I dreamt about being in the room (three rooms away from mine) with a student (I never better got known to) who was living there. He was showing me his audio equipment in his room and some tapes with some incredibly loud music I listened with great interest (in my normal life I try to get away from this sort of music as fast and as far as I can). A few moments, I woke up, It was dark, I was lying in my own bed. But the incredibly loud music was real.

During my social service I was working in an old age home. One night I dreamt about a woman who was paralyzed, probably due to parkinson in its final stadium. I dreamt that she was walking free, and normally talking. The next day I learned she died this night.

I dreamt of an other old woman (who was bound to a wheel chair), that she wasn't only walking and talking but had some sort of control over all persons in her neighbourhood (like the evil witch, only that she wasn't particularly evil in this dream). I think I have a clue about why I dreamt this: Most old people mentally lose control over their environment, they eventually forget that their cup is empty or that they still have something in their mouth to chew and swallow. This old lady didn't realize anything which was more than an arm reach away from her (she was nearly blind), but she still dominated this area. She kept her empty cup in her hand without constantly trying if there is something left, but when somebody passed close enough for her to realise, she gave him/her her cup.
Old May 3, 2002, 20:09   #47
devilmunchkin
Warlord

i've had alot of falling ones...and often i'm in a car
i've had ones where i run
or where i want to run and can't
i've had dreams that i was on poly..i could see the board (then i know i've been polying waaaaaaaay too much)
i've had dreams where my enemies laugh at me
or where those i love run away
i've seen people die....
i've had lots of naughty dreams
"Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy
Old May 3, 2002, 20:25   #48
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 17:01
I will spare everyone my naughty dreams...hehehe

I frequently--perhaps once every other month--have a dream where I have to take a shower, and either I can't find a free shower (they're all taken), or I have to shower in a place that is completely wide open to the public.

I also have dreams where I am late for work and need to leave my apartment, but for some reason can't get out the door. Sometimes I can't even get dressed.

And then there is the one where I am desperate need of a toilet, and go around looking for one but can't find one. And when I do, after using it I STILL need a toilet. Usually then I wake up and realize I need to pee like a racehorse.

I have had a few post-apocalyptic dream where I am the shotgun-weilding savior of humanity.

Oh, and my dread dream...I am an opera singer, and will often dream of being thrust on stage in front of 1000+ people to sing I part I've not learned and don't know what the heck to do. Ack.
Old May 4, 2002, 03:40   #49
Adalbertus
Prince

Just another two bits:
- In an uncomfortable dream, I'm able to realize that I'm dreaming (without waking up), a fact wich makes me rather curious - and the dream usually starts to get really wierd.

-Sometimes, I dream I forgot to do something I actually have to do the next day. Quite useful.

Quote:
or where those i love run away
For me, that's not a dream, as far as I can tell ...

Quote:
I am an opera singer, and will often dream of being thrust on stage in front of 1000+ people to sing I part I've not learned and don't know what the heck to do.
Last weekend, I did sing in a concert with an "Italian Tenor" (actually he was Italian), who did sing quite a lot but not necessary the music written by Puccini (Missa di Gloria) ...
Ten years ago or so, I came across a soprano soloist who totally screwed up her solo in the first movement of the Mozart Requiem. Not that difficult IMO.
Both of them had the scores in their hands. You'll be not alone.
Old May 4, 2002, 04:21   #50
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 11:01
I had a dream where I was swimming, and then realised I was being chased by a shark. So I swam as fast as I could to the shore, but the shark was still following me. I saw a skyscraper nearby, so ran to it with the shark still after me, jumped into the elevator and pressed for the top floor. As I got out on the top floor, the shark just came up the stairs, puffing slightly. Then it run towards me... Bastard sharks.
Old May 4, 2002, 05:37   #51
Triped
Warlord

I constantly dream that I've been left in charge of some huge evacuation, i.e., Chicago before a nuke goes off, and I simply cannot get people to stand still and be orderly. I dreamed this once when I had a high fever and I woke up crying because of it, weird.
Old May 4, 2002, 05:45   #52
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 10:01
Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
I had a dream where I was swimming, and then realised I was being chased by a shark. So I swam as fast as I could to the shore, but the shark was still following me. I saw a skyscraper nearby, so ran to it with the shark still after me, jumped into the elevator and pressed for the top floor. As I got out on the top floor, the shark just came up the stairs, puffing slightly. Then it run towards me... Bastard sharks.
You must have watched Jaws at some point.
Old May 4, 2002, 09:54   #53
Sandman
King

A throwing knife fight with myself.

Chasing Jet Li (out of 'The One') around the English countryside in stolen cars (like Grand Theft Auto 3). The dream ended as I cornered him in a manor house...

Going through a maze inside an Aztec pyramid and finding a God-like light in the centre.
Old May 4, 2002, 10:15   #54
Az
Emperor

one of my wierdest dreams was that all me and all my friends from school were soldiers, and there was a war going on, a world war. we rolled around on T-72s around my neighbourhood. I had a stinger missile.

Old May 4, 2002, 10:19   #55
Az
Emperor

Double post.

Last edited by Az; May 4, 2002 at 10:38.
Old May 4, 2002, 10:25   #56
Az
Emperor

"Every time I have a sex dream, I wake up just as we're getting to the good part. That's starting to get rather annoying".

so true. I had one of them once . it was so upsetting , esp. since I was 14 then, and I was going to get some , but NOOOOOOO! stupid dream had to end.

the somewhat interesting part was that she went out of the room , and then she didn't return for a while . I went out , looking for her in her little appartment, and then I saw a black cat. and woke up
Old May 4, 2002, 12:13   #57
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Black pussy? An interesting subconscious statement there

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith
Old May 4, 2002, 12:54   #58
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Methinks naughty dreams end so abruptly because, well, certain physiological inevitablities take place.
Old May 4, 2002, 12:55   #59
KrazyHorse
Deity

Never had that experience...

The two naughty dreams I can remember just sort of petered out...
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old May 4, 2002, 15:25   #60
Felch
Civilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

I had a dream where two friends of mine had robbed a bank, killed one of the cast members from Monty Python's Flying Circus, and then set a row of townhouses on fire. They were never caught, and I was always scared that they would kill me to keep my mouth shut.