Old May 15, 2002, 20:54   #31
Exile
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 19:07
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I've got a book around here somewhere . . .
That talks about a German secret weapon that used sound. It actually worked. It hurt and even killed subjects (Russian prisoners, one presumes ).

Problem was, it took up so much space that it had to be housed in a small building. Never got developed much beyond that.
"Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.
Old May 16, 2002, 07:09   #32
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 10:07
Local Date: November 1, 2010
A few sites
Quote:
Originally posted by Caspian
Anyone know of any good online map pages I can use to complete my map? I'm happy with city placement and things like that. Just needing some reference material visa vi geographical/terrain features such as forests, marshes, mountain ranges etc.
Try Harlan Thompson's map site: http://haven.apolyton.net/
(I bet Harlan's hanging out for a Civ 3 scenario editor)

If that dosn't have what you're looking for, this site will: http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/maplinks.htm
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
Old October 22, 2002, 11:19   #33
Caspian
Prince

Local Time: 00:07
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Ok, I have restarted this thread because it finally looks like my scenario is taking shape. New ideas are making it in all of the time. Only yesterday I was thinking about unit slots (which are now complete with sounds for the first event file) and came up with a new idea that I am very excited about.

Each time I've needed to ask questions of experienced designers I've created a new thread. All my questions will be confined to here from now on.

I need to ask now how fortress and fortify work together so that I can complete unit stats.

Just need to confirm that the defensive bonus of fortify command and a fortress are cumulative. So with a unit initial defense factor of 7 should work out as:-

(7+50%)x2 = 21

and in city with walls

(7+50%)x3 = 31.5

Two further questions:-

what happens with the decimal point?

Do city squares automatically have fortresses as they do irrigation, roads etc and so make defensive factor different as to what I have worked out above?