Old May 5, 2002, 17:55   #1
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 20:11
Local Date: October 31, 2010
new worker options
i hope there will be more options for my workers. in the late game, i could defenitely use terraforming to combat global warming. also, it would be nice to have a terracing option for mountains. that would be cool. what options would you like for there to be in included in civ 3 ptw?
Old May 7, 2002, 03:21   #2
Wojit
GalCiv Apolyton Empire
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I'd have to go....
Definately Borehole Construction.
Definately.

Old May 7, 2002, 04:14   #3
Mannamagnus
Prince

Local Time: 01:11
I vote for extended holidays, but if that's no option then I'd like to see bridge and chunnel building.
Old May 8, 2002, 18:31   #4
vee4473
King

Local Time: 19:11
convert plains or tundra to grassland so that ending up with a city near alot of tundra doesn't mean a permanently crippled city
Old May 8, 2002, 20:02   #5
TechWins
King

Local Time: 17:11
I say no to all of these:

1) this will create even more unwanted micromanagement

2) this will increase the total amount of cities in a world

3) in turn this will create more waiting between turns and more time spent on 'boring' parts of the game

If somehow someway these 3 problems didn't become present with these additions, then I would say yes to all of them.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old May 8, 2002, 21:22   #6
Nostromo
Emperor

The ability to queue worker orders would be nice.
Old May 9, 2002, 00:00   #7
TechWins
King

Although, I do say yes to that one, nostromo. But good luck seeing that in the XP.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old May 9, 2002, 01:19   #8
Nostromo
Emperor

Maybe it would be too tricky to implement. But I would be happy to settle for new multiple commands like: "go to, then mine, then build road"; or "goto, then irrigate"; or "build road to, then mine".
Old May 9, 2002, 01:28   #9
TechWins
King

Quote:
multiple commands like: "go to, then mine, then build road"; or "goto, then irrigate"; or "build road to, then mine".
I could see how these could be implemented too: if g is held down while m is held down then the square where you move your worker to is where the worker will mine that square. if you use the mouse to move your worker and you are holding down m the same effect will take place. in fact i don't think this would all that much code at all. in fact i know that certain features like these don't take that much time/code at all.
Old May 9, 2002, 01:43   #10
Grrr
Civilization III Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 13:11
Ability to get a worker to improve a future city radius.

BTW I like Micromanagement.
Old May 9, 2002, 10:35   #11
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 02:11
Quote:
Originally posted by Grrr
Ability to get a worker to improve a future city radius.

hi ,

99 percent does , afterall its what the game stands for , ...

have a nice day
Old May 9, 2002, 19:09   #12
TechWins
King

Quote:
Yes, but adding unnecessary micromanagement to the game is pointless. The featuers mentioned don't improve the much at all, but will still add a lot to the micromanagement spectrum. If these ideas actually did improve gameplay a lot but still increased micromanagement then I'd even be all for them. Adding features to the game that in all actuality detract fun from the game is unnecessary. Not to mention that it will even put more pressure on the AI to be more competent.
Old May 10, 2002, 00:42   #13
Grrr
Civilization III Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 13:11
Techwins, as soon as I get this expansion, the AI is going to be sacked. PBEM all the way.
Old May 10, 2002, 10:56   #14
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 02:11
Quote:
Originally posted by TechWins

Yes, but adding unnecessary micromanagement to the game is pointless. The featuers mentioned don't improve the much at all, but will still add a lot to the micromanagement spectrum. If these ideas actually did improve gameplay a lot but still increased micromanagement then I'd even be all for them. Adding features to the game that in all actuality detract fun from the game is unnecessary. Not to mention that it will even put more pressure on the AI to be more competent.
hi ,

the last line , someone mentioned on the forums the other day ;
"is that not what its all about"

have a nice day

Last edited by Panag; May 11, 2002 at 18:27.