Old May 7, 2002, 13:10   #1
ALPHA WOLF 64
Prince

Local Time: 18:17
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Great Leader and Army Ideas
I was thinking about how powerful great leaders are and thought of a couple of changes that would make more fun and sense. GLs should only supply half the shields needed to complete any wonder but will finish any improvement. As a result, multiple GLs should be allowed. Also, so that GLs are not purely a military benefit, have cities create peaceful GLs for a set amount of culture created by an individual city such as 1 for every 5000 in culture.

As far as armies go, I think we need multiple versions. An early version such as a legion that holds 2. A medieval regiment holding 3, an industrial division holding 4, and a modern era army corps that holds 5. The AI also would need to how to form them and to build the military academy so it can create more armies. The AI needs some purely offensive armies and some purely defensive ones. What I typically see is 1 or 2 offensive units plus a slow moving defensive unit, thus AI armies are easy to outmanuver. It think it would be much more interesting if the AI used defensive armies to defend cities. Imagine how much tougher it would be that instead of 3 individual riflemen, you ran into an army of 3 riflemen. It would be much more costly to simply overwhelm the AI with large numbers.