Old May 10, 2002, 13:55   #31
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 19:21
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Dida

I declare I will not buy Civ3:Play the World but instead will download it from somewhere. I am angry because things like airfiled, stack movement, and multiplay, etc should have been included in the game at the very beginning. How dare they use the gamers as beta tester! How dare they release a game that is only half done, and charge us another $30 or so for the 2nd half of the game?
Get a grip. If you don't want to buy it, don't buy it. Don't be a common thief.
Old May 10, 2002, 14:04   #32
ACooper
Prince

Local Time: 18:21
Quote:

I declare I will not buy Civ3:Play the World but instead will download it from somewhere. I am angry because things like airfiled, stack movement, and multiplay, etc should have been included in the game at the very beginning. How dare they use the gamers as beta tester! How dare they release a game that is only half done, and charge us another $30 or so for the 2nd half of the game?
encouraging piracy? oh the shame!!
Old May 10, 2002, 14:52   #33
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 02:21
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:

hi ,

its coded , since no one has broken the codes on civ3 yet , what is the chance to break PTW , ....

have a nice day

Last edited by Panag; May 10, 2002 at 15:39.
Old May 10, 2002, 15:28   #34
TechWins
King

Local Time: 17:21
Quote:
its coded , since no one has broken the codes on civ3 yet , wjat is the chance to break PTW
Ummm, what are you talking about? Of course the game is 'coded'; how else would the game be made? To download the game just go do a search on Kazaa...you'll find a few entries for Civ3. It may take a while to download, but it is worth it to many losers who like to pirate (steal) games. Yup, piracy is for losers who don't understand the logistics of it all.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old May 10, 2002, 16:11   #35
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

don't you know how capitialism works? the rich get richer, the poor get poorer.

capitialism thrives on screwing the lower class.

sid's laughing all the way to the bank on this one.
Old May 10, 2002, 16:53   #36
Grrr
Civilization III Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 13:21
We'll I don't find it likely that Firaxis will purge my wallet further.
Old May 10, 2002, 19:28   #37
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Grrr
hi , well you could purge theirs , .....

now , what about air-refuelling , .....

have a nice day
Old May 11, 2002, 03:22   #38
TechWins
King

Quote:
don't you know how capitialism works? the rich get richer, the poor get poorer.
Well, in this case it would be the poor getting richer and the rich getting poorer. That wouldn't be following the true captilalism rules, now would it?

Quote:
Well, if that's the situation, then I don't think you should be purging into any future Firaxis games. Hint hint, don't use piracy....it creates malnutrution and other bad stuff like that!

Maybe I need to get my eyes checked from all the twitching my eye is doing?
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old May 11, 2002, 03:53   #39
Switch
Prince

piracy makes my blood boil....see my rant in the forum about the logo/price guess.
Old May 11, 2002, 06:57   #40
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Grrr
hi ,

Grrr i believe that ya just angry because you have to wait so long for the shipping , ...that can be overcome , ....
anyway , ya shall buy it as soon as it comes out , ya love it to much

have a nice day
Old May 11, 2002, 07:09   #41
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by TechWins

Ummm, what are you talking about? Of course the game is 'coded'; how else would the game be made? To download the game just go do a search on Kazaa...you'll find a few entries for Civ3. It may take a while to download, but it is worth it to many losers who like to pirate (steal) games. Yup, piracy is for losers who don't understand the logistics of it all.
hi ,

sure and with most modems ya shall have a phone bill that is about two cents lower then the actual game , AND , ya still shall not play the game , ...."please insert cd-rom in drive" , ...

topic ; how shall we prevent the cheat with airfields , ...? , meaning that in civ2 you could not get to a city that had airfields all around them , including nuke's (that could not get to the city) , ...

however it seems (seems !) that in civ3 this shall be a problem , ...
lets hope so , ...

have a nice day
Old May 11, 2002, 10:55   #42
Andrew_Jay
Prince

Local Time: 20:51
I guess the fact that aircraft and nukes bombard now rather than act as fast moving land and sea ground units. They can just fly right over the airfields, but face interception from any aircraft stationed there. What was the problem in civ2, I can't really remember, did it force you to land and take over the airfield if it was empty? There was a problem with stupid infantry in the Second World War scenario too where the british could just surround London and other cities and make it impossible to bomb without first fighting through the blue-coats (another thing I had a problem with ).
Also with airfields, I hope the graphics change when you go from the industrial to the modern age, just like the fortresses.
Old May 11, 2002, 14:00   #43
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew_Jay
I guess the fact that aircraft and nukes bombard now rather than act as fast moving land and sea ground units. They can just fly right over the airfields, but face interception from any aircraft stationed there. What was the problem in civ2, I can't really remember, did it force you to land and take over the airfield if it was empty? There was a problem with stupid infantry in the Second World War scenario too where the british could just surround London and other cities and make it impossible to bomb without first fighting through the blue-coats (another thing I had a problem with ).
Also with airfields, I hope the graphics change when you go from the industrial to the modern age, just like the fortresses.
hi ,

yep the biggest problem in civ2 with the airfields was that ya had to land there , ....so if a smart fella put them all around a city , you could not land , if ya did , a land unit was enough , ....

have a nice day
Old May 11, 2002, 16:56   #44
TechWins
King

Panag, you're so far off touch with piracy that it's funny.

Many people pay for their modems through a flat rate, while there are other poor souls who have to pay by an hourly basis. Not to mention that quite a few people nowadays have high speed connections (meaning not a piece of crap 56k like I have to suffere with)(cable modems, DSL, etc), so downloading times is no problem. Now if you are paying a flat rate and have a high speed connection there isn't much of a deterrent stopping you from downloading a game. That's a big problem with piracy, it's simply too easy to do now.

Also, many people can easily crack the .exe, so you don't have to have the CD in your CD-ROM. Even more can get their hands on these cracked .exe by goint to gamecopyworld.com. In fact I didn't pirate the game, and I still use the cracked .exe. Hey, it saves me the hassle of having to insert the CD. There is nothing wrong with that, IMO. However, if I were to have pirated the game, then of course some thing is wrong that.

Panag, you also bring up a good point about airfields and nuclear bombs. Hopefully (*more than likely)* Firaxis has found a solution for this so have no worries.
Old May 11, 2002, 17:11   #45
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by TechWins
Panag, you're so far off touch with piracy that it's funny.

Many people pay for their modems through a flat rate, while there are other poor souls who have to pay by an hourly basis. Not to mention that quite a few people nowadays have high speed connections (meaning not a piece of crap 56k like I have to suffere with)(cable modems, DSL, etc), so downloading times is no problem. Now if you are paying a flat rate and have a high speed connection there isn't much of a deterrent stopping you from downloading a game. That's a big problem with piracy, it's simply too easy to do now.

Also, many people can easily crack the .exe, so you don't have to have the CD in your CD-ROM. Even more can get their hands on these cracked .exe by goint to gamecopyworld.com. In fact I didn't pirate the game, and I still use the cracked .exe. Hey, it saves me the hassle of having to insert the CD. There is nothing wrong with that, IMO. However, if I were to have pirated the game, then of course some thing is wrong that.

Panag, you also bring up a good point about airfields and nuclear bombs. Hopefully (*more than likely)* Firaxis has found a solution for this so have no worries.
hi ,

out of touch with piracy , .....that's funny , ahem , if ya only would now what some people do with OEM comp's

in some countries you pay a flat rate with 56 and on top the bytes ya download , now lets say 1 giga with play the world and it will cost you about 28 USD in most (northern) European countries , huh , the electricity that the comp uses is not included , ..

as for (A)DSL , ya still have to pay the monthly fee , but that is next to nothing ,....and huh , panag can download and sent 1 tera every month , ...

topic ; airfields are nothing if they dont increase the range on the airunits , 8 squares is a bit to less , ....

have a nice day
Old May 12, 2002, 01:38   #46
Switch
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by panag
in some countries you pay a flat rate with 56 and on top the bytes ya download
I hear the hi speed companies might be bringing that into Canada, and possibly US. I can imagine the complaints now.
The main problem I can see in this is with patches. Without patches you can't play a proper game, and in most cases you can't play MP either. Thus, we'd have to pay to fix a game we already spent $60 on.

Capitalism sux.
Old May 12, 2002, 11:29   #47
Andrew_Jay
Prince

Local Time: 20:51
I hear that switchMoO
Viva la Revolucion!
Old May 12, 2002, 12:59   #48
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by SwitchMoO

I hear the hi speed companies might be bringing that into Canada, and possibly US. I can imagine the complaints now.
The main problem I can see in this is with patches. Without patches you can't play a proper game, and in most cases you can't play MP either. Thus, we'd have to pay to fix a game we already spent $60 on.

Capitalism sux.
hi ,

okay how come ya payed 60 USD , ????

its not so much about fixing the game , its because the players want more and more , like airfields , then we get that , we want more , so they make more , but the dont work free, ....

now about the topic ; if a worker can build airfields , we could have the risk of having the all over , the AI could start to build them all over , .....?

we shall need an option to destroy the airfields .

have a nice day
Old May 13, 2002, 19:20   #49
Switch
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by panag
hi ,

okay how come ya payed 60 USD , ????
I meant $60 CA, not USD

Quote:
its not so much about fixing the game , its because the players want more and more , like airfields , then we get that , we want more , so they make more , but the dont work free, ....
I meant the bug fixing and balance changes that have happened in recent patches. My favourite being UU are now included in the upgrade chain. And there's also patches for many other games, especially FPSs (I don't play them, but a LOT of people do).

Quote:
have a nice day
You too.
Old May 13, 2002, 23:39   #50
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by SwitchMoO

I meant $60 CA, not USD

I meant the bug fixing and balance changes that have happened in recent patches. My favourite being UU are now included in the upgrade chain. And there's also patches for many other games, especially FPSs (I don't play them, but a LOT of people do).

You too.
hi ,

60 CD is still a lot , .....buy on the net , .....cheaper ,.... , ...

as for the rest , ....okay , ....

have a nice day