Old January 1, 2003, 11:48   #211
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 21:24
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Also, in regards to this, the description says once a tile is destroyed it can never be repaired, or reused much as a polluted tile, Why is this?
must it always remain a virtual slum (for lack of a better word)? can it not be repaired and reused later after acheiving the neccessary advances that you need to clean up polluted tiles?
Sorry, I hadnt seen the second part of the question
As i said the Apolton Pack is the only mod in which the city Expansion is compatible since a new modswapper option will show up.
As about the dead suburbs, once a suburb gets destroyed and becames a dead city. It wont be removed unless you terraform it. Once terraformed it turns a clean tile again. But two other things can happen which you have no control: 1) A new city epansion can grow in its place like Locutus mentioned 2) or the nature claims the tile back (the dead city disappears on its own) after 100 turns.
The nature claiming was just implemented in version 2.2 of the mod and i forgot to update the readme to explain this new feature. Sorry
-Jean Rostand
Old January 1, 2003, 13:17   #212
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 01:24
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Next, Immortal Wombat created the Visible Wonders Mod, is it compatible with the SuperApolyton Pack? Also, the same question for his Natural Wonders Mod
Ok, I did make an SAP version of the VisiWonders, but the search is screwed ATM, so I'll find it later if you need.

The mods are easy enough to explain the manual installation of though. (I hope )

a) Get the Apolyton Tile File

b) Unzip both mods into the normal directory.

c) Open IWW_tileimp.txt and IWN_tileimp.txt (ctp2_data/default/gamedata)

d i) For both of them, (one at a time though) find the wonder tileimprovement entries, and copy them to the clipboard. (ctrl-C)

d ii) Paste the wonder tileimprovements into APOL_tileimp.txt, at the bottom, out the way of everything else. (ctrl-V)

e) open APOL_Script.slc (ctp2_data/default/gamedata)
in notepad, and at the very bottom, add the lines:
Code:
#include "IW_wonders.slc"
#include "IWN_naturalwonders.slc"
Natural Wonders only: You'll need to do a search/replace in APOL_tileimp.txt for "ICON_TILEIMP_NWONDER", and replace it with "ICON_TILEIMP_UNDERSEA_TUNNEL" - this will not alter anything in the game, but it will save some trouble on installing.

Note: This will not give you all the GL entries and stuff, but if you can live without that for a few days before I get the proper stuff rigged up, then feel free.

:hmm: Let's try the search again....
Old January 1, 2003, 13:31   #213
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 02:24
Quote:
Originally posted by RunsWithDwarf
Next, Martin Guhmann created the City Mod 2.1/City Mod English and City Mod 2 Graphics Pack, What is the Difference between City Mod 2.1 and the City Mod 2 Graphics Pack? and is one required to play with the other? Also are they compatible with the SuperApolyton
Pack?
As Lucutus stated the difference between the CityMod 2.1 and the CityMod2 Graphics is that the graphics pack only contains the source graphics I made for CityMod2. I used for the original CityMod the graphics by Harlan, as I did not made these city styles you won't find them in the graphics pack. CityMod2.1 is a playable mod in comparision to the graphics pack. I released this graphics pack, because we don't have a sprite viewer, so everyone who wants to change these graphics has to make screen captures.

CityMod English is another story, the original CityMod version was only in German, and I registered here at Apolyton afterwards I submitted the CityMod, therefore Chris Horscroft did the translation. Even if CityMod2.1 is a bilingual version, I can't request easily to remove CityMod English version from the Directory as I did not made the translation

Quote:
Next, Martin Guhmann created the Commerce Improvements for AI's, is it compatible with the SuperApolyton Pack?
There is a version in the Apolyton Pack but it is actual an obsolete version, therefore you can download the latest version and unzip it into your ..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\ folder and open file APOL_main.slc with any editor of your choice. Replace there the line:

#include "APOL_ComImpSForAIs.slc"

by

#include "MG_ComImpsForAIs3.slc"

That should be all.

-Martin
Old January 1, 2003, 18:34   #214
Martin the Dane
Prince

I noticed to things while playing "Giganitc Goodmod SAP" The AI doesnot seem to place Resource-Improvement TI's on Good-Tiles. My guess is that it has to do with either the teraform prohibition on thouse tiles, or the fact that there is already a TI there.

Too bad Activision didn't do the goods as in CTP1, so you could use the terrain.txt and goods.txt files to set the resouce output of tiles there. It was such a nice and simple way of doing it.

Another thing: I enslaved a city with black squares to one side, but the slavers were created all over the place, so I got valuable inteligence information. Not that it will mater much in the long run, but....
Old January 1, 2003, 19:10   #215
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Martin the Dane
Another thing: I enslaved a city with black squares to one side, but the slavers were created all over the place, so I got valuable inteligence information. Not that it will mater much in the long run, but....
Well, there's a good reason for that: the slaver is running around the city to catch the slaves
Old January 1, 2003, 19:11   #216
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Quote:
I noticed to things while playing "Giganitc Goodmod SAP" The AI doesnot seem to place Resource-Improvement TI's on Good-Tiles. My guess is that it has to do with either the teraform prohibition on thouse tiles, or the fact that there is already a TI there.
It is the fact that there is already a tile improvement.

Quote:
Too bad Activision didn't do the goods as in CTP1, so you could use the terrain.txt and goods.txt files to set the resouce output of tiles there. It was such a nice and simple way of doing it.
Yeah it was simple in CTP1, but as Activision was nearly bankrupt as they released the CTP2 programmers hadn't the money and the time to finish the game.

Quote:
Yup this is a very nice feature, even if you get some inteligence information, I will keep this feature in the next version of the kill city option, as the kill city option is buggy and needs an update anyway. But in return for the inteligence information you could lose some cities in the next version, of course only if these cities gained too many slaves in this enslavement action.

-Martin
Old January 1, 2003, 20:37   #217
RunsWithDwarf
Chieftain

Local Time: 00:24
Thank You!, Pedrunn, Locutus, Martin, and IW.

You guys really make this easier than you have to, and I
want you all to know, that I am truly grateful, for all of your help.

You guys, as well as a few others that I haven't named, are the real reason that the Apolyton site is such a success, IMO.

You don't blow people off, or ignore their questions as being beneath you. Your polite, courteous, as well as forthcoming, and honest in your responses. Something I find very rarely in some of the other forums I frequent.

It would be nice to hold you up (or Apolyton rather), as a positive example, of what some of these other forums could achieve in their communities, as opposed to all the bickering and infighting that is seen in them.

And for that gentlemen, I thank you!

By the way, If there is anything I can do to help contribute to the community, other than bombard you guys with countless questions, please let me know, I am at your disposal. However, please keep in mind that I am currently unemployed, and also, I am not exactly
what you might call computer literate. (So don't be asking me to write no programs, yet!) I am on what you might call, the poor man's scholarship program, which basically means if I can get the information firsthand, or secondhand for that matter, and comprehend what I'm reading or hearing, then I commit it to memory or paper which ever is readily available, for future use.
Old January 1, 2003, 21:04   #218
Tamerlin
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Quote:
By the way, If there is anything I can do to help contribute to the community, other than bombard you guys with countless questions, please let me know, I am at your disposal.
We are playing in the same category RunsWithDwarves, I am not very useful to the community of modders around here who are the kind of people we would like to give something back in return for their work and their kindness.

I am myself more and more interested in modding and I think I will someday cross the borderline (though not before I finish the french translation of the SAP2), you can find a modder's guide on Hexagonian's web site here.

The big problem for both of us is that the hardest part for non-programmers like us (slic programming) isn't covered in this guide as it must be a very hard and very long work to write a manual on such a topic.

You should also have a look to the Resources for modmakers thread in the CtP2-Creation/AI/Mods/Scenarios...
Old January 2, 2003, 09:39   #219
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Tamerlin
The big problem for both of us is that the hardest part for non-programmers like us (slic programming) isn't covered in this guide as it must be a very hard and very long work to write a manual on such a topic.

You should also have a look to the Resources for modmakers thread in the CtP2-Creation/AI/Mods/Scenarios...
Actually Locutus wrote a guide to slic and its referenced in the thread you mentioned, IW wrote a more basic one too which was particularly helpful to us non-mathematicians. Also take a look in the scenario scripts, if you cant write your own from scratch just "borrow" some.
Old January 2, 2003, 20:01   #220
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Locutus' one is really basic I think. It's basically an intro to logic IIRC. Mine does the harder stuff, and I'm not so good at explaining things simply.

Quote:
And for that gentlemen, I thank you!
You're welcome.
Old January 2, 2003, 21:27   #221
Tamerlin
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
Locutus' one is really basic I think. It's basically an intro to logic IIRC. Mine does the harder stuff, and I'm not so good at explaining things simply.
Logic what?

I have downloaded your manual Immortal Wombat but I won't have the time to read it (or at least try...) until a few days or weeks. This is a great gift to the apprentice modder anyway.
Old January 3, 2003, 01:48   #222
Dale
Emperor

Local Time: 10:24
RunsWithDwarf:

Glad you're enjoying it. The best contribution you can make to these forums, and the best compliment to us modders, is stick around, post and play our mods.
Old January 3, 2003, 10:46   #223
snoochems
Chieftain

Local Time: 00:24
how do i get the ultra gigantic maps that it says it has on the webpage? I can only get the normal size gigantic maps.
Old January 3, 2003, 11:33   #224
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
Locutus' one is really basic I think. It's basically an intro to logic IIRC.
Did you only read the first chapter or something? Granted, important stuff is still missing (I'm working on that, BTW, I was hoping to release an update this week but I'm not gonna make that - hopefully within 2-3 weeks though) but it's about 40 pages, covering about 80% of SLIC...
Old January 3, 2003, 12:26   #225
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Maybe I'm thinking of an earlier version.
Old January 3, 2003, 12:40   #226
Pedrunn
King

Local Time: 21:24
Quote:
Thank You!, Pedrunn, Locutus, Martin, and IW.

You guys really make this easier than you have to, and I
want you all to know, that I am truly grateful, for all of your help.

You guys, as well as a few others that I haven't named, are the real reason that the Apolyton site is such a success, IMO.
-Jean Rostand
Old January 3, 2003, 14:10   #227
Martin Gühmann
staff
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by snoochems
how do i get the ultra gigantic maps that it says it has on the webpage? I can only get the normal size gigantic maps.
Dave removed them, because of some problems, I thought the decission should lie at the player if he use them or not, therefore I did not removed them from GoodMod, so just download GoodMod and add it on your ApolytonPack. And then you have a new option in your ModSwapoper: GoodMod for Apolyton Pack V2.0! Ultra-gigantic map.

-Martin
Old January 5, 2003, 10:09   #228
vanevery0
Settler

Local Time: 16:24
I'm playing SAP 2.0. I think I have a bug that involves barbarians. After the barbarian turn ends, the turn counter does not advance to my color, and I can't move my units. I can examine my units and cites etc. but I can't move them.

Things I tried to fix it:

- at first I could hobble forwards a few turns doing some kind of save/load shuffle. This would restore the game to a normal working mode. But after about 5 turns, this no longer worked.

- added the "no neutral pillaging" fix. Didn't help. Also I cycled Modswapper so I do think the slic code was actually loaded.

- tried deleting various/all barbarian units with the Cheat tool. This would result in a game crash when I tried to resume. An interesting clue: one stack of barbarian settlers was invisibly located at one tile, but visibly "ghosted" upon another tile about 10 units away. Maybe corrupted coordinates?

- turned DebugSlic=Yes, hoping for an error message. Didn't get one. Either I don't know what I'm doing or the behavior doesn't generate an error.

Anyone seen this before? Any idea whether this is a SAP error or a general CTP2 error? I've never seen this behavior in an unmodded CTP2 game, or any game before this one actually. I was playing with 16 players and the barbarians had taken over a couple of towns and had some big stacks roaming around.

It's annoying because I was finally starting to do well....
Old January 5, 2003, 10:50   #229
Martin Gühmann
staff
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by vanevery0
- tried deleting various/all barbarian units with the Cheat tool. This would result in a game crash when I tried to resume. An interesting clue: one stack of barbarian settlers was invisibly located at one tile, but visibly "ghosted" upon another tile about 10 units away. Maybe corrupted coordinates?
Did you try to move this stack of ten units afterwards you switched to the Barbarians.

If this doesn't work you could force the end turn event for the Barbarians. To do this open the scenario.slc in your ..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\ folder and add there these lines of code:

Code:
HandleEvent(CityClicked)'EndBarbarianTurn'post{
     if(g.player==0){
          Event:EndTurn(g.player);
     }
}
This code should end the Barbarian turn if you click on one of your cities, note untested, untryed.

Afterwads you have saved the scenario.slc with the code and you are again in the game then you have to reload slic. To do this just press the reload slic button in the cheat editor or open the chat screen by using the apostrophe key (') and enter: /reloadslic

-Martin
Old January 21, 2003, 02:43   #230
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Small Bug
These 2 errors happen when i build a city then disband it in the same turn (to build a farm outside my borders). Its a fresh install with only SAP2 on it. I close both windows and the game continues okay, but its kinda annoying.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	errors.gif
Views:	194
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	34514  
Old January 21, 2003, 17:17   #231
Martin Gühmann
staff
Super Moderator

Obviously a missing is city valid check. Open the file APOL_capital.slc, there you find several MM2_CaptureCapital event handler. Modify them all like this one:

Code:
HandleEvent(CaptureCity) 'MM2_CapitalCaptured' pre {
	if(CityIsValid(city[0])){
		int_t	tmpPlayer;
		city_t	tmpCity;
		tmpCity = city[0];
		tmpPlayer = tmpCity.owner;
		player[3] = tmpPlayer;

if (CityHasBuilding(tmpCity, "IMPROVE_CAPITOL")) {	// if city is capital/has capitol
			if (!IsHumanPlayer(tmpPlayer)) {		// if player isn't human
				MM2_CreateCapital(tmpPlayer);		// find new capital
			}
		}
	}
}
-Martin
Old January 24, 2003, 11:10   #232
Martin the Dane
Prince

I have fond a curiouse inconsitency between the gl and the SAP2 terrain.

In the gl it says that desert can be terraformed after the discovery of Agricultural revolution, but in the terrain file the enabeling advance is Conservation. (in the unmodded game it is Agricultural Revolution)

Has this been intentionally changed, if so what was the reason. IMO deserts are too plentyfull, in CTP2, along with equatoriala and low latitude glaciers and tundras. So I don't like the idea of making terafonming them more difficult.
Old January 24, 2003, 11:25   #233
Maquiladora
Emperor

Maybe the reason for moving the advance forward was because its not very efficient to terraform until the modern age anyway when you produce alot of PW. You could build 3 farms instead of terraforming in some cases. I dont even terraform deserts sometimes all way through to Gaia Victory because the tile improvement on top will be lost. The only tiles i do terraform are swamps.

What map settings are you using? I dont know how much the map settings have been changed in SAP but i usually play,

WetDry=1
WarmCold=1
OceanLand=3
IslandContinent=5
HomoDiverse=9

and dont get too much desert on a gigantic map. In fact its pretty balanced like that.
Old January 24, 2003, 12:32   #234
Martin the Dane
Prince

Thanks for the explanation Maq I tried your settings, and did I get desrts?

My guess is that 30% of alle land tiles are either desert, dunes, or desert mountains. And 20% is quite frozen. The rest is mostly plains, interspaced with jungels and swaps, only little mountains, hills, and grassland. ost forests are in the frozen regions. No I'll not be playing that map, I used the editor to se it, and it doesn't look fun.

Ok This just points back to finding some way of making a more realistic map-generator. But that's outside the scope of this thread.
Old January 24, 2003, 21:45   #235
Tamerlin
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Maquiladora
The only tiles i do terraform are swamps.
Same for me to the exception I am terraforming some tiles when a city is surrounded with forest for example and I want to give it a growth boost.
Old February 6, 2003, 14:25   #236
tlatoani
Warlord

Local Time: 19:24
Hi, I was just wondering if the SAP in the files section of Apolyton contains the three bug fixes that are mentioned in the fist page of this thread. I ask because for some reason I couldn’t download the files from Dale’s page, where he states that the bug fixes are included.

Thanks.
Old February 6, 2003, 14:42   #237
Martin Gühmann
staff
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by tlatoani
Hi, I was just wondering if the SAP in the files section of Apolyton contains the three bug fixes that are mentioned in the fist page of this thread. I ask because for some reason I couldn’t download the files from Dale’s page, where he states that the bug fixes are included.

Thanks.
I wasn't able to find any hint about that Dale included the three bug fixes on his homepage and also the text files I just downloaded, does not seem to include the bug fixes. So the best thing would be to download the ApolytonPack from Apolyton and apply the bugfixes found in this thread on it.

-Martin
Old February 10, 2003, 22:22   #238
Tamerlin
King

Martin,

I am currently playing a SAP2 game with your MG_ComImpsForAIs3.slc file and I wonder if there is not a problem with it.

Though the AI Civs seem to buid various improvements the Phenician has not used its PW to build anything else than mines on land and ports on sea tiles. Its territory is littered with mines and does not show anything except mines.

Last edited by Tamerlin; February 11, 2003 at 09:03.
Old February 11, 2003, 12:07   #239
Martin Gühmann
staff
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Tamerlin
Martin,

I am currently playing a SAP2 game with your MG_ComImpsForAIs3.slc file and I wonder if there is not a problem with it.

Though the AI Civs seem to buid various improvements the Phenician has not used its PW to build anything else than mines on land and ports on sea tiles. Its territory is littered with mines and does not show anything except mines.
The commerce improvements for AIs slic builds only ports, drilling platforms, trading posts, shopping malls and nature preserves. Ports will be build on beach tiles, drilling platforms on Continental Shelf tiles, and all the land commerce improvements on green and brown hills and on jungle and forests tiles.

The rest is doing the AI itself so it would also without this code litter all the plain and desert tiles with mines. The AI of the original game put commerce tile improvements on desert tiles and production and food improvements on plains.

-Martin
Old February 11, 2003, 13:12   #240
Tamerlin
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
The rest is doing the AI itself so it would also without this code litter all the plain and desert tiles with mines. The AI of the original game put commerce tile improvements on desert tiles and production and food improvements on plains.

-Martin
The territory of the Phenicians is only made of plains so it explains all.

Thanks Martin!