Old May 24, 2002, 01:38   #271
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 11:30
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
There isnt really an alliance with the Spartans. Just no fighting. Is Lysander's opinion a popular one in the population or do most of the population simply want to get on with life?What precentage of the population support war with Sparta and which want to build.
Yes, but Lysander doesn't see it that way. Lysander's opinion is (obviously) shared by the other members of his 'faction', while Menelaus' belief that the Cadre should make peace with Sparta is mostly shared by the upper ranks of the Cadre. The rest don't care too much either way, they just want to get on with their lives.
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2002, 01:58   #272
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 19:30
Local Date: October 31, 2010
ok. I was just wondering. How do you see the civil war progressing. what role does the hive and Sparta play in the war.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2002, 02:27   #273
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

I don't really want this to turn into a Spartan-Hive war, I'm thinking that once the Hive ships arrive and clear out the Cadre ones, the Spartan (as you suggested) start moving in to blockade the system, then going on from there. It'll have to depend on what the Hive reaction to this is.
Old May 24, 2002, 02:41   #274
Sprayber
Emperor

I'm not really interested in having a Spartan-Hive war at the moment either.

Maybe if the ships that the Hive sent in were generic ships and not necessarly ones that could be identified as Hive ships we could get around the direct confrontation.

My suggestions

Hive sends ships that are not identified as Hive ships

The ships enter the system and destroy the Cadre fleet

They stay there and begin to transport their troops.

the war ships stay in orbit and cause trouble for the Cadre goverment and help Lysander.

Spartan ships are sent in and egage and destroy the ships(or some escape)

Spartans set up blockade of system to prevent futher supplies and ships.

Lysander seizes the oppourtunity to fight Spartans and try to draw them into the fighting.

Spartan ships fight whatever Lysander throw at them.

Maybe Spartan commandos are sent in to fight limited egagements giving Lysander a picture of Spartan soldiers.

the civil war drags on between the government and Lysander.

Hive uses third party mercenaries to supply Lysander. Spartans are kept busy chasing these ships.

These are just possible suggestions. something to think about
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old May 24, 2002, 02:44   #275
Sprayber
Emperor

Franky I sent a pm to you but your box is full. empty it and Ill send it back to you.
Old May 24, 2002, 03:14   #276
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Hmmm, well Yang has already stated what he will be sending, and I hardly see how you could disguise Hive Battlecruisers & Carriers as belonging to someone else.
Old May 24, 2002, 03:21   #277
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 10:30
Perhaps it wouldn't be possible to pass them off as outrightly belonging to a different faction, but to pass them off as unknowns. Generally, I would think that you could remove physical markings and also doctor sensor and/or FTL signatures. Just a thought.
Old May 24, 2002, 08:39   #278
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 14:30
Sprayber,

Sorry, just dumped my pm's right now 248 am PST. (just got home). I have 3 pm's in my box so your message should get through.

This Cadre incident is getting very interesting

Ha, ha, ha!

Yang rules!!!
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2002, 09:00   #279
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
Psst! I need y'all to mosy over to the OT and vote for the AECCP in the election!

Thanks.
Umm, as with Mr. President, I have also voted in that poll.

As you can tell by my "location", I have voted for the BEST option the pollsters have given.

Anyway, another post coming up within days.

Sprayber andLonestar,

Are you two going to make a reply or reaction to Yang's message to you two?

History Guy-hope our message wasn't too coarse with you. I told you it was going to be typical "Hive diplomacy". Well, I'm thinking of another message to be sent to Nwabudike, so he better be sitting down!
Old May 24, 2002, 10:20   #280
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 18:30
By gum! Yet another war spiraling out to include other parties...uh-oh...

Franky-- It's typical of Yang! I am not bothered at all. Indeed, I was going to try and work on a new (long) post today. Yang was going to be included as well. Write your other post when convient to you!
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2002, 12:25   #281
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 20:30
Quote:
Originally posted by frankychan

Sprayber andLonestar,

Are you two going to make a reply or reaction to Yang's message to you two?
Nope. Yang has now sent Ian two messages in a row
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2002, 22:11   #282
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. President
Perhaps it wouldn't be possible to pass them off as outrightly belonging to a different faction, but to pass them off as unknowns. Generally, I would think that you could remove physical markings and also doctor sensor and/or FTL signatures. Just a thought.

That and the fact that Yang said he was sending certain types ships, but he didn't mention specifics on the ships they would be. There is lots of wiggle room in what kind of ships the Hive will send.
Old May 26, 2002, 02:58   #283
Frankychan
King

Ok, I'm going to edit the post to change the ships into disguised Hive ships. That way, hopefully it'll help.

I'll wait until Sprayber and General Tacticus say something before I make the change, cool?

ooh ooh, just to let everyone in on what's happening in frankychanland, today I just bought me a palm pilot!
Old May 26, 2002, 03:26   #284
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

I was thinking (hard as it may be to believe) and I remembered somebody, possibly Sprayber, suggesting a while ago that we could make Alpha Centauri faction attributes and/or files for our Beyond Alpha Centauri creations. Many would be mostly the same, of course, but it might be fun. Anybody feel like doing that?

Palm pilot! Sounds like fun! I've never really used one of those, so I couldn't say much about them.
Old May 26, 2002, 03:52   #285
Frankychan
King

"Faction attributes and files"? What do you mean?

Hee hee hee, I'm going to play around w/my new toy to see what it can do.
Old May 26, 2002, 06:33   #286
Mr. President
Emperor

You know the files that Alpha Centauri reads the factions from when you play? Those things.
Old May 26, 2002, 09:36   #287
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 03:30
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. President
I was thinking (hard as it may be to believe) and I remembered somebody, possibly Sprayber, suggesting a while ago that we could make Alpha Centauri faction attributes and/or files for our Beyond Alpha Centauri creations. Many would be mostly the same, of course, but it might be fun. Anybody feel like doing that?
I tried that once (Mellian suggested it IIRC) but I always had the trouble of inventing any weaknesses for the Coalition, in addition to maybe inefficiency.

The Planet rating would prolly be modified to Ecology, since Earth isn't Chiron (no Planetminds or big psychotic worm boils, at least the last time I checked).
Old May 26, 2002, 15:07   #288
Sprayber
Emperor

My view on this has always been that the writer of the faction should keep in mind who they are writing for.

1. The factions cannot be the best at everything
2. The factions will have to of chaged somewhat over the centuries since Chiron and Earth
3. These are not colonial societies here. They have developed since having 4 or 5 bases on Chiron.
4. You don't have to keep up with efficiently points or when a unit is disbanded. Just be realistic and not operate as if your faction has unlimited resources.

The reason Sparta buys ships from the drones is that they see that the drones are much better and quicker at building ships then they could be. They even allow Drone workers in Spartan shipyards because of this. If the drones were enemies instead of allies, Sparta could build her own ships, but it would take longer and be a little more expensive that way.

One more thing. When are one of you guys comming up with a mod about BAC
Old May 26, 2002, 19:49   #289
Mr. President
Emperor

A mod, eh? Could be fun! But I'm only good at creating faction files, and only faction text files at that. I'm not too confident with making custom planets and whatnot. I could definitely give some faction files a shot, though.
Old May 27, 2002, 08:24   #290
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Sprayber (others may ignore this) - I don't have enough things to say to write a PM, but...
Old May 27, 2002, 10:52   #291
Kassiopeia
Emperor

*reads Sprayber's post*

Hmmm, wasn't there a memorial day for war vets in the US this week?
Old May 27, 2002, 11:08   #292
Sprayber
Emperor

Kass: Memorial Day is today

I had a double post. I'll use that to answer Frankys message and maybe to send out another message to Firaxis.
Old May 27, 2002, 17:40   #293
Frankychan
King

what's up y'all? Happy Memorial Day to all. I hope everyone's Summer vacation is going well!

FYI: I'm having trouble accessing my control panel for Apoly so any PM's sent to me might have to wait. I'll try accessing it at school when my summer classes start on Tuesday. Sorry!

Sprayber- Grrrr! Nah, good post!
Old May 27, 2002, 17:51   #294
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Franky, my summer vacation doesn't start until next Saturday. Wait, "summer classes"? A strange concept to me.

Not to stray too far off topic, is there a dire need for something related to EC that needs to be posted?
Old May 27, 2002, 18:29   #295
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Don't think so.
Old May 27, 2002, 20:31   #296
Mr. President
Emperor

Good new post. I especially liked the nineteen minutes for the fallen Unity Spartans.

Well, I've not been preparing much recently, because of school and other things. Exams are in two weeks or so, hence I might not be writing a lot for a while. You all know where to reach me if you need.
Old May 27, 2002, 22:58   #297
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 20:30
Hey y'all better do something with Protectorate interactions *Before* next wednesday, 'cause that's when I'm shipping out.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2002, 23:34   #298
Mr. President
Emperor

Hmm. Well, if I can get it done by then, I will. If not, then I won't. See how it goes. Since the World Cup begins on Friday, I'll have a lot of stuff to do and to watch.
Old May 28, 2002, 00:35   #299
Sovereign
Prince

Guys,

I'm back... I got all my stuff sorted out, so do expect a post or two concerning the UCS, Quantum tech development, etc.

Lonestar, I'll write a reply to your post. Sorry it took me so long, but I'll get right on it. Should we bring a quick resolution, or shall we decide to research the hferin vessel, or engage in a stand-off? Please PM me your ideas and we could try and work something out before u ship out. Doesn't make sense for both of our fleets just hang out there with no resolution or event for like a month or two until you come back.

Franky check your PM's.

Now I'm home for 3 months. Prepare yourselves for some serious stuff from the UCS

Laters,

Academician Randius Zakharov
Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2002, 09:58   #300
Sprayber
Emperor

Welcome back Sovereign.

I edited my Double post into a message to the Hive and Firaxis.

Mr. President: good luck on the exams. remember if in doubt choose B or C.