Old June 2, 2002, 22:22   #331
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 18:30
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Yeah...it sounds relatively small, but the question is, how much is a credit worth? I have mentioned Morgan dollars before, and I was thinking that a Morgan dollar was worth a bit more than what an American dollar is today, and I'm not too sure exactly what I'll have a credit worth. All I know is...it's a good sum.

Morgan's greatest asset is mula, and he's hoping that Terra is half as greedy as he is. Like I said, this is only to lighten up the Terrans somewhat.
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3, 2002, 01:10   #332
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 10:30
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I'm surprised Morgan didn't worry about the possibility of Neville Chamberlain Syndrome, that is, you give something to a rival but he keeps asking for more.
Old June 3, 2002, 01:52   #333
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 19:30
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. President
I'm surprised Morgan didn't worry about the possibility of Neville Chamberlain Syndrome, that is, you give something to a rival but he keeps asking for more.
Chamberlin didn't have an increassingly annoyed Spartan Federation behind him
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3, 2002, 03:24   #334
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber

Chamberlin didn't have an increassingly annoyed Spartan Federation behind him
Good point.

As long as I'm here, thanks for the link you sent me. I'll get around to the story, eventually.
Old June 3, 2002, 03:35   #335
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. President

Good point.

As long as I'm here, thanks for the link you sent me. I'll get around to the story, eventually.
I'll get you some general descriptions tomorrow.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3, 2002, 11:57   #336
Sovereign
Prince

Hey guys!

Guess what? Over the past few days, I've been inspired to play SMAC-X. It has been quite a while since I've played the actual game itself. But reading all these fic's made me want to play SMAC again.

I built myself a nice empire, playing a renamed University faction. I think its my best game so far, and unlikely I'll be able to surpass that.

I'm gonna take a SS and put it up here.

By the way, Franky...

Could you send me the link to your website? I don't have it on this computer. You see, I have two computers, one for home and one for college.

I know I've been putting off making posts for a while, but I can assure you a few are being worked on. You know, editing and fixing up... I want to make a detailed post to further the Quantum tech developments.

Also, I'd like to colonize a 7th or 8th system. In addition, I'd like to introduce a couple other aliens... The purpose of this would be to show how the UCS colonizes a system from the ground up, as well as shows how the UCS interacts with new aliens... and the aliens's reactions to the UCS presence. The aliens I have in mind are medevial - Industrial age.

I think the aliens could be some kind of species evolved from a bird... and the other evolved from an insect or something. We have too many reptile aliens like Gorn, Dosi, Bree, etc. I'd like to have some different kinds of aliens for a change. Bird aliens, Insect aliens, Aquatic aliens (like Morgan's Cepheelans), sentient plants, etc.

Surely, it wouldn't hurt to have some variety like pacifistic aliens instead of aggressive aliens like Progenitors, Gorn, Bree, Dosi, Ronso, Tarlaks, etc....

And if I do include the 1 or 2 new aliens, it won't be on the same planet. Probably in 2 different star systems.

Remember, after all, space is a huge place. In our galaxy alone, there are 100 - 200 billion stars, and even if only 50 million of these stars has planets with water and life, thats a lot. Therefore, it could be anywhere between 10,000 - 1,000,000 distinct sentient species existing on habitable planets in the 50 million fertile star systems in our galaxy.

Let me know what you guys think.

Laters,

Academician Randius Zakharov
Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3, 2002, 12:29   #337
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 03:30
Franky's site's url (at least according to my site's links section) :

http://www.geocities.com/frankychan96816/HivePrime.htm
Old June 3, 2002, 12:38   #338
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 00:30
back again, ( I wonder how many times i have said that?) while I am checking on the thread is there any major conflict that somebody would like to enter with the Conclave so I can do something over then fight my civil war?
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3, 2002, 15:35   #339
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by Cataphract887
yes,i realise 50 million isnt a small sum.its just IMHO,the chiron factions are much stronger than the ''earthers''...
The Earth Coalition itself, sure, but the entire Terran Alliance combined? only slightly due to resources and slightly better military technology.

Quote:
i think BAC would be more entertaining if the humans played one side vs the ''AI'' or whatever you call it in this situation,because no one would get offended when there faction starts getting destroyed(leading to a stalemate when they counter each others moves over and over and the thread dying)
I agree with you, and we could do the AI thing...thats why the Proginators are in the background we will get into that when the players are interested.

-Mellian

[/RAMBLE MODE OFF] [/QUOTE]
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3, 2002, 15:42   #340
Mellian
Queen

Quote:

50 million credits?! why is morgan paying them,and not vice versa??espessialy with that mighty drone\spartan\believer fleet sitting on the border??
Because I am running the Terran Alliance and they are not push overs. They won't be threatened and will only prove their point that the Chironians are out to get them. Terran Alliance has a lot of ships as well...probably more. Only thign that makes the Chironian stronger is technology, which isn't a big of difference anyway. Another thing, it is the Morganites who started this whole thing

-Mellian
Old June 3, 2002, 15:51   #341
Mellian
Queen

As for energy credits value.... It is ENERGY, unlike paper/coin money, inflation doesn't (shouldn't) effect the value. I always assumed that one energy credit is worth quite a lot, depending on how many watts. Think of it as the Gold of the future, where you can use to make stuff directly via replicators and power stuff. Energy in real life is quite an commodity.

Another thing, didn't we agree that Trading is more barter like then current real life trading? can be base on energy value of products. (how much energy does it take to make synthsteel?)

-Mellian
Old June 3, 2002, 15:55   #342
Mellian
Queen

As for energy credits value.... It is ENERGY, unlike paper/coin money, inflation doesn't (shouldn't) effect the value. I always assumed that one energy credit is worth quite a lot, depending on how many watts. Think of it as the Gold of the future, where you can use to make stuff directly via replicators and power stuff. Energy in real life is quite an commodity.

Another thing, didn't we agree that Trading is more barter like then current real life trading? can be base on energy value of products. (how much energy does it take to make synthsteel?)

So think ENERGY Economy, not the obsolete MATERIAL economy which is vulnerable to inflation. i would think society would think of something else when they realize or after an another great depression because of mass inflation.

-Mellian
Old June 3, 2002, 17:05   #343
Kataphraktoi
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Data AngelsNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4BtSDG Realms Beyond
Emperor

Local Time: 20:30
too much easy-to-get energy floating around decreasing the value=inflation

i thought the great despression(your talking about the one inn the states 1920ish?) was caused by the market having a slight sudden drop,and investers panicking a little,and pulling stocks,causing other people to panic and pull there stocks,leading to a economic collapse...or something like that

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''
Kataphraktoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3, 2002, 17:08   #344
Kataphraktoi
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Data AngelsNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4BtSDG Realms Beyond
Emperor

and im guessing you hit the post button,then hit stop and typed some more there....

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''
Old June 3, 2002, 18:23   #345
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 11:30
Quote:
Another thing, it is the Morganites who started this whole thing
Mellian, we've had this argument before. The only people you can possibly blame for starting this are InEn.
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3, 2002, 19:21   #346
Mr. President
Emperor

Quote:
Because I am running the Terran Alliance and they are not push overs.
I don't think anybody implied that they were.
Old June 3, 2002, 20:54   #347
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 14:30
Sovereign-yeah, I think that link should work. I haven't been upkeeping my website so....my bad.

As for the "weakness" of the Terrans-

I, for one, do not think they are weak! Maybe because of the lopsidedness of the author distribution makes them seem more "weaker". Readers are seeing more Chironian posts than Terran posts and this presentation may be the cause of the perceived Terran "weakness".

....sorry, i'm getting all 'psychological' on everyone!

But, yeah, I don't think the Terrans are weak! Yang has big plans for them!

Anyway, I'm going to start introducing a Hive subplot to the story. Everything I have done so-far has been geared toward my main plot and I feel that this may be a "welcomed" break. If any readers were wondering where I was going, I welcome any PM-ed questions to me.

My growing alliance with the University, the Hive's involvement in the Terran-Morgan war, the Protectorate-Hive relationship falling apart, all of these are geared toward Yang's master plan!

Bwa ha ha ha!

(although the UCSS-GHE alliance will benefit both of our governments! I believe Randius Zakharov and Sheng-ji Yang will make a great team!)

See ya later everyone!
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3, 2002, 21:06   #348
Kataphraktoi
Emperor

whats yangs master plan anyway?complete enslavement of the galaxy?

Quote:
I, for one, do not think they are weak! Maybe because of the lopsidedness of the author distribution makes them seem more "weaker". Readers are seeing more Chironian posts than Terran posts and this presentation may be the cause of the perceived Terran "weakness".
i never considered them to be weak.just that the chiron factions are stronger

Old June 3, 2002, 21:34   #349
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Well...Yang's master plan is....hey, how come you don't have a PM option above your postings?!

Old June 3, 2002, 22:30   #350
Lonestar
inmate
King

Well all, I'm going to Boot tomorrow. Assume the Protectorate is in "sleep" mode.

Adios!
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3, 2002, 22:36   #351
Frankychan
King

Good luck Lonestar!

Best wishes from frankychan! You take care of yourself.
Old June 3, 2002, 23:12   #352
Mr. President
Emperor

[sings]

In the Navy, yes you can put your mind at ease!

[/sings]

Give 'em hell, Lonestar! And if you see Saddam, tell him what he can kiss.
Old June 3, 2002, 23:25   #353
Kataphraktoi
Emperor

Quote:
Well...Yang's master plan is....hey, how come you don't have a PM option above your postings?!
me?i dont know...maybe i disabled it when i registered...

looking back over the last few posts,i see everyone has a send pm option and i dont

Old June 3, 2002, 23:27   #354
Mr. President
Emperor

Yeah, when I view your profile, there is a definite absence of a "Send Cataphract887 a Private Message" link. If you want to enable it, you should go to your Edit Options screen from your control panel and there should be a thing you can check that says "Allow users to send you private messages" or something like that.
Old June 4, 2002, 10:38   #355
Kataphraktoi
Emperor

thanks ill muck around with that today and see if i can get that fixed

Old June 4, 2002, 13:33   #356
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 00:30
Good luck Lonestar
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5, 2002, 02:23   #357
Sovereign
Prince

Hey guys...

I'm kind of at a stump here...

Here's the thing. I'm not exactly sure which Quantum stuff to write about... Quantum reactors, Quantum weapons, Quantum computer processors, etc??

I don't want to suddenly have quantum stuff in 2 weeks, you know? What would be a good springing off board for quantum tech experiments??

Thanks for your feedback!

Laters,

Academician Randius Zakharov
Old June 5, 2002, 02:52   #358
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 11:30
Most likely Quantum Reactors. They come first in the game, after all.
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5, 2002, 07:02   #359
Mr. President
Emperor

I'd say quantum computers, since that doesn't involve controlling reactions that release enormous amounts of energy. Just my opinion.
Old June 5, 2002, 12:03   #360
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
too much easy-to-get energy floating around decreasing the value=inflation
Not if the energy is very high in watts. Basing my judgement of energy credit value in SMAC/X energy credit. Like, how energy it takes to power a base? how much energy is required to build something? Energy as a lot of applications and uses, where paper money or gold doesn't. It is even bigger of need then money itself these days. SO, energy is very valueble, especially as we progress more and more in technology.

Quote:
i thought the great despression(your talking about the one inn the states 1920ish?) was caused by the market having a slight sudden drop,and investers panicking a little,and pulling stocks,causing other people to panic and pull there stocks,leading to a economic collapse...or something like that
No, I am talking the next Great Depression that will come due to heavy inflation and so on, which is increasing every single year. people treated 1000 dollars US as we do a Million now. the way the rate is go7ing, well be treating a billion the same way as we do with a million now.

-*Mel+l+ian (keyb7oard is screwed up)