Old June 26, 2002, 18:10   #451
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 14:31
Local Date: October 31, 2010
*frankychan rises from his grave*

Who dares disturb the sleep of the almighty frankychan???!!!

Nah, here I am everyone!
I'm taking summer classes that are pretty intensive cause I wanna graduate from college arready...I've been there for too long now.

When I'm not studying and working, I've been trying to construct my latest piece of BAC work concerning the UCS-GHE relations.

That, and I've been giving the OT-ers enlightenment of Hive propaganda!

I'm about halfway done with the post (sorry Sovereign for taking so long!). Its good to see you all are alive and kicking. (grr...History Guy...we'll get Nwabudike yet!)

As for your discussion on FF...I like FFVIII the best (the one with Squall and the gunblade attack) it has my fav. recurring characters in it, Wedge and Biggs and the villains are really well done. I barely beat FFVIII, I had 1 HP left on Rinoa (the girl) and luckily I went all-balls and attacked thereby winning the game and me being late for work by 1/2 an hour.

BOOYAH!
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26, 2002, 18:14   #452
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 03:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I can give you a detailed description of the plot of FF VII.

I'm playing FF IV right now. The overworld theme is... awesome. I have a vocal version of it, called "Long Distance"... wow.

The FF IX plotline was quite neat, it didn't get me in 'till Oeilvert. And I always liked that it wasn't pure fantasy (there's a hovercraft in FF IV. Hemm). And a Cid in every game.

FF VIII... I have split thoughts of this... there's good parts, bad parts... the Junction system is horrid, spend the half of your remaining youth seeking out enough Meteor spells to boost your stats. Ouch.

Btw, I opened a SquareSoft thread... http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=53978
Old June 26, 2002, 18:15   #453
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Btw, I killed Omega Weapon in FF VIII the first time I played the game.

Edit: I'm a half-Emperor!
Old June 26, 2002, 22:54   #454
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 10:31
I really should check out Final Fantasy, it seems like my kind of game. But that would probably mean getting a PlayStation, and as a lifelong Nintendophile, Sony is my sworn enemy. :doitnow: Dilemmas, dilemmas . . .
Old June 26, 2002, 23:10   #455
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Well then there are rom-files for SNES emulators, or you can play them on SNES if you can find the console and games somewhere, though more likely then that is that you will be destroyed by a nanoscopic black hole when next time eating bananas for breakfast.

Final Fantasies from I to III were NES and from IV to VI SNES games, so even Nintendophility (sic) can't be an excuse.
Old June 26, 2002, 23:28   #456
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Ah! I thought some of them were on the NES and SNES. Do you know of any good emulation sites? Google tends to point me towards sleazy-looking addresses that promise "Thousands of ROMs!!" but don't actually have any.
Old June 26, 2002, 23:41   #457
Kassiopeia
Emperor

There are two excellent sites I have used (got their links long ago from a forum called Final Fantasy Finland):

http://www.geocities.com/nanoroms/

The only problem is that at least all the RPG roms seem to be unavailable.

But, worry not, there is Emulation World.

http://www.geocities.com/jasonkl55/emulation_world.html

At least they've got FF IV and FF VI (listed as FF2 and FF3 in the SNES section). And the roms are up. Hmmm, Secret of Mana....
Old June 26, 2002, 23:45   #458
Mr. President
Emperor

Wow, thanks!

On a related topic, you know how there's all those warnings everywhere on emulation sites saying how you're not supposed to download any ROMs unless you own the game? Do you suppose people abide by that? I'm sure there must be some out there somewhere.
Old June 26, 2002, 23:49   #459
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Nanoroms has a disclaimer saying that you should destroy the roms after 24 hours if you haven't got the game.

Isn't that the same thing with mp3s?

I tried to download a Star Trek rom but the archive was corrupted.
Old June 28, 2002, 01:03   #460
Mr. President
Emperor

*thud, echo, echo, thud, echo, echo*

/me enters the thread

Hey where is everybody? I guess you all have better things to do. Like that's so difficult. Just kidding.

I will write some more, eventually, but an old friend's in town right now and I'm not exactly in a brainwave situation.
Old June 28, 2002, 01:25   #461
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 19:31
Sorry guys. things have been so busy recently and I've been a little under the weather. I'm working on another post. Is everyone back yet>
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28, 2002, 03:21   #462
Mr. President
Emperor

I'm back yet, but then I'm always back.

I think your new signature line says it all.

But nonetheless. I like it.

I really need to write a post about the Firaxian soccer fans arriving in Sparta.
Old June 28, 2002, 12:32   #463
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 18:31
I am working on a post now as well, but as for the Terran situation, I am at a loss as of what to do. Does Mellian even still exist?
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28, 2002, 12:50   #464
Kassiopeia
Emperor

I might be able to say something about the Terran situation.
Mellian is a mere figment of my imagination.
Old June 28, 2002, 17:33   #465
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 18:31
Which begs the question: Are we all just figments of Kassiopeia's imagination, held together by a dream of his own, and if he ever wakes up, we'll all just kinda dissipate? Don't count on it.
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28, 2002, 18:57   #466
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Reminds me of an episode of Twilight Zone... I think.

Btw, I'm getting quite exhilirated with Andrew Halcyon and Heritage. I'm planning of an entire novel with the concept... well, several concepts, this one included. And Andrew Halcyon is becoming my other screenname since it's almost like my real name.
But after reading Alinestra Covelia's Joe for an hour or two, I am fairly convinced that I should do it in Finnish. And after I've seen NGE. Yup.
Old June 28, 2002, 21:46   #467
Mr. President
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
Which begs the question: Are we all just figments of Kassiopeia's imagination, held together by a dream of his own, and if he ever wakes up, we'll all just kinda dissipate? Don't count on it.
Well, that would almost be better than my actual life. All the best things that happen to me happen in dreams. Well, except for the time I dreamed that I got shot in the chest.
Old June 29, 2002, 08:16   #468
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Yeah, I'd rather hope this all is a dream too. Unfortunately, my dreams are usually fun or at least realistic. Cool avatar, by the way.
Old June 30, 2002, 04:08   #469
Mr. President
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Kassiopeia
Yeah, I'd rather hope this all is a dream too. Unfortunately, my dreams are usually fun or at least realistic.
. . . And your life isn't. I know how you feel.

You know who really ceased to exist? Cybergod and Centauri18. I'm really beginning to wonder if they only existed in my head.

Quote:
Cool avatar, by the way.
Thanks. It's Treva the Renewer, from Magic: The Gathering: Invasion, the least appreciated but most attractive dragon.
Old June 30, 2002, 10:27   #470
Kassiopeia
Emperor

I'm starting to get rather worried about Cybergod. The gloomy thing about internet is that you never know when someone dies.

Magic: The Gathering?... uh... I'd rather not say a thing about what I feel about MtG.

I'm starting to stray off BAC... or was, since last night I got a nice little idea to put in there... now I just need to get some shape around that idea.

Btw, about that debate I mentioned. I won (the first round, second is on). I managed to ensure people that Sephiroth is evil... though in my opinion he isn't.
Old June 30, 2002, 21:48   #471
Mr. President
Emperor

At least you have some ideas about BAC. I've had very few ideas about anything recently.

The funny thing with Magic is that you either love it or hate it. Or both, like me. I hope it doesn't hurt the avatar that it's from Magic.

Congratulations on winning the debate. I don't know who Sephiroth is, but I'll take your word that he's not evil.
Old July 1, 2002, 04:23   #472
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

I'm checking in....my UCS-GHE post is coming along, even though its taking me f-o-r-e-v-e-r...
This week is finals for my summer school classes so after that I might visit more often.

I'm trying to volunteer for the Honolulu Police Department and work in their criminal psych. division (just letting you all know what's happening with me in frankychanland)

Anyway, if I am able to volunteer, i might be even more scarce than I am now....spooky....but, yeah. Other than that, my summer is going along pretty well. I met my friend who recently went into surgery for removal of an ulcer, congrat'ed another friend for graduating college...that's about it for me.

Well, I'll get out of your guys hair....

it seems that Mr. President and Kass have monopolized this thread....
for now.
Old July 1, 2002, 04:28   #473
Mr. President
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by frankychan
it seems that Mr. President and Kass have monopolized this thread....
for now.
Monopolies rise and fall, but the Greater Hive Empire is forever.
Old July 1, 2002, 20:11   #474
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Fook it, I had a longish reply but it disappeared somwhere.

Edit:

Ok. For the last days, my main amenities have been reading Alinestra Covelia's Joe ( ) which in it's all magnificence made me loose any spirit for writing for a couple of days ( ); playing FF IV; transliterating songs from Japanese to Finnish; and, as mentioned before, debating. This time, it's the Rinoa/Ultimecia -theory, and once again I'm on the side I would rather not agree with.

Last edited by Kassiopeia; July 1, 2002 at 22:56.
Kassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2, 2002, 03:33   #475
Frankychan
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. President

Monopolies rise and fall, but the Greater Hive Empire is forever.

couldn't have said it any better
Old July 2, 2002, 03:45   #476
Frankychan
King

BTW, Mr. Pres

Funny sigs! I forgot most of those!

Last edited by Frankychan; July 2, 2002 at 04:53.
Old July 2, 2002, 06:58   #477
Mr. President
Emperor

Thanks. It was just a stupid idea I had, for one more thing to do with the signature field. I originally had a different quote lined up for the place of the "Penta" line, but I forgot what it was.
Old July 4, 2002, 21:17   #478
Mr. President
Emperor

Well, I remembered what I wanted to use in place of "Penta! Penta! Penta!". But we seem to have forgotten about Beyond Alpha Centauri.

This is one of the longest downtimes we've had yet for the discussion and story threads, which I suppose begs the question: are we out of ideas? I know that the Spartan Chronicles goes for months at a time without additions, but I guess I'm just used to a faster pace with this story.

Oh, well. Easy come, easy go.
Old July 5, 2002, 03:55   #479
Alinestra Covelia
ACDG The Human HiveRise of Nations Multiplayer
Queen

Local Time: 20:31
Just in response to Mr President, I am also a Nintendophile.

And AC Fiction works never die, they just sleep. You never know when a story that's been MIA for four months might just pop back up to the top!
Old July 5, 2002, 04:00   #480
Mr. President
Emperor

Quote:
And AC Fiction works never die, they just sleep. You never know when a story that's been MIA for four months might just pop back up to the top!
Yeah, actually I've seen stuff that I gave up for dead return with no warning (Joe, The Spartan Chronicles, The Confederation, The Wizard of Chiron). Back to hibernation for me, I guess.