Old May 20, 2002, 16:09   #181
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 19:30
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
::waits for Mellian to whine about Lonestars "Greater Galaxy" post in the Datalinks thread::
Oh yes, thanks for reminding me...

LONESTAR!!!

who give you the right to describe the rest of the galaxy?

-Mellian
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2002, 16:37   #182
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 20:30
Quote:
Originally posted by Mellian

Oh yes, thanks for reminding me...

LONESTAR!!!

who give you the right to describe the rest of the galaxy?

-Mellian
Oh come on, it isn't as if we're going to encounter the other aliens in large numbers.

Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2002, 18:39   #183
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 10:30
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Unless they're already among us . . .
Old May 20, 2002, 23:39   #184
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. President
Unless they're already among us . . .
And, as the X-Files has proven, they are.
Old May 20, 2002, 23:48   #185
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Wow, the X-Files actually revealed something to viewers. It must be a miracle.

Once again we're the only ones in here. Good to see Kassiopeia posting again, though.
Old May 21, 2002, 00:03   #186
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Wow, the X-Files actually revealed something to viewers. It must be a miracle.

Once again we're the only ones in here. Good to see Kassiopeia posting again, though.
So it would seem. Want to work on some Drone/Protectorate Dialogue?
Old May 21, 2002, 00:10   #187
Mr. President
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
So it would seem. Want to work on some Drone/Protectorate Dialogue?
Certainly, and not just because it would be good to actually talk about Beyond Alpha Centauri for a change.

So, what sort of dialogue are we thinking about here? Economic? I read your stuff about CHOAM and it sounds pretty exciting.
Old May 21, 2002, 00:16   #188
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:

Certainly, and not just because it would be good to actually talk about Beyond Alpha Centauri for a change.

So, what sort of dialogue are we thinking about here? Economic? I read your stuff about CHOAM and it sounds pretty exciting.
Well, as we've already opened up trade, I'd say we can talk about economic talks. That is, The Drone guv'ment hear;s about CHOAM and MI joining the Trade Block, and wants to get in on the action.

The Drones are also noticing the Protectorate has taken a more active hand in intersteller relations, and they may want to find out more about the Protectorate themselves.
Old May 21, 2002, 00:21   #189
Mr. President
Emperor

Quote:

Well, as we've already opened up trade, I'd say we can talk about economic talks. That is, The Drone guv'ment hear;s about CHOAM and MI joining the Trade Block, and wants to get in on the action.

The Drones are also noticing the Protectorate has taken a more active hand in intersteller relations, and they may want to find out more about the Protectorate themselves.
Sounds cool to me. Let's see . . . How 'bout a high-level Drone delegation visits Beta Hydri?
Old May 21, 2002, 00:30   #190
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:

Sounds cool to me. Let's see . . . How 'bout a high-level Drone delegation visits Beta Hydri?
Sure thing. Feel free to have Lord Protector Ian meet with you. (Or if not him, Foreign Minister Odysseus Grant). Make sure you explain why you're visiting.

But, make sure you leave me roo to manuever for my post.
Old May 21, 2002, 00:33   #191
Mr. President
Emperor

No problemo. I'll get on it as soon as I can.
Old May 21, 2002, 00:39   #192
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
No problemo. I'll get on it as soon as I can.
Right-o.

On that note, I'd like to say something that might make Mel angry.

CANADA OFFENDS ME!!!!

That is all.
Old May 21, 2002, 00:46   #193
Mr. President
Emperor

Hey! Don't make me flick the lights on and off!

On a serious note, what does the Protectorate military use as its training scenario? For instance, the Egyptian army practices in the Sinai under the hypothetical situation of invading Israel. The U.S. navy stages mock Atlantic battles with Britain. How did the Protectorate practice during its long period of isolation?
Old May 21, 2002, 00:55   #194
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:

On a serious note, what does the Protectorate military use as its training scenario? For instance, the Egyptian army practices in the Sinai under the hypothetical situation of invading Israel. The U.S. navy stages mock Atlantic battles with Britain. How did the Protectorate practice during its long period of isolation?
The Starfleet practices mostly defensive tactics, although everyyear there is a "REFORGER" combined war game with the Dosi where the Protectorate will try to "Invade" a Dosi Colony.

The bulk of the Star Marines are used to garrision planets, and defend them in case of invasion. There are many hundreds of thousands of specially trained "agents" whose goal is to form the nucleaus of a resistance force should the Protectorate fall.

Rangers mostly practice with evasion and escape tactics. They spy, not fight, although hand-to-hand, they are the best fighters in the Protectorate.
Old May 21, 2002, 00:56   #195
Lonestar
inmate
King

Oh, yeah....

Quote:

[Bart mode on] "Mom, that's very annoying!"[/Bart mode]
Old May 21, 2002, 01:01   #196
Mr. President
Emperor

Quote:
[Bart mode on] "Mom, that's very annoying!"[/Bart mode]

For the Drones, the main threat is the Bree. So they hold Space Marine war games out near the fringe, where all the desolate planets are. About half of them pretend to be the Bree, and the other half try and defend.

For international stuff, the main partner is the Spartans, so the Spartans would stage a mock invasion of a planet, and the planetary garrisons would try and respond.
Old May 21, 2002, 01:06   #197
Lonestar
inmate
King

Right, right...

The Protectorate's percieved "enemies" are actually Progenitors and Hferhin, with the GHE and UCS following, then Spartans, then miscellaneous.
Old May 21, 2002, 01:17   #198
Mr. President
Emperor

Really? Why the Spartans?
Old May 21, 2002, 01:22   #199
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Really? Why the Spartans?
Because they are the most militaristic faction out there.
Old May 21, 2002, 01:24   #200
Lonestar
inmate
King

I think Frankychan is avoiding us. he's online now...
Old May 21, 2002, 01:25   #201
Mr. President
Emperor

He did say he had writer's block.

Plus I think our spamfest here is enough to put most people off.
Old May 21, 2002, 01:28   #202
Mr. President
Emperor

Quote:

Because they are the most militaristic faction out there.
Hmm. Did you read some article a while ago about how Burma was desperately trying to get surface-to-air missiles after the Kosovo affair because they were afraid they were gonna get bombed by NATO or something because of their human rights violations, and everyone in NATO was all like, "Burma? What's a Burma?"
Old May 21, 2002, 01:29   #203
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:

Hmm. Did you read some article a while ago about how Burma was desperately trying to get surface-to-air missiles after the Kosovo affair because they were afraid they were gonna get bombed by NATO or something because of their human rights violations, and everyone in NATO was all like, "Burma? What's a Burma?"
It's called "Mynamar" now...

Hey, I'm going to bed . Night.
Old May 21, 2002, 01:33   #204
Mr. President
Emperor

I was wondering what time it must be in Texas. Good night!

Quote:
It's called "Mynamar" now...
Oh, I'm really happy for them.

Now, what shall I do next? I've already been on here for the better part of two hours. So much for this afternoon. If this was the Apolyton/Community forum, I'd have been banned three times over by now. Maybe I should go and actually get some exercise.

Now I'm talking to myself, in my own post. Definitely a sign of spending too much time on Apolyton. BYE!

/me stumbles out the door
Old May 21, 2002, 06:49   #205
Mr. President
Emperor

Sprayber is going to kill us when he sees the condition we've left this thread in.

Ah yes, the story. Well, Prime Minister Michael Hsiang of Firaxis is preparing for the conference, but his political opponents aren't terribly enthused about the whole idea.
Old May 21, 2002, 09:04   #206
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Sprayber is going to kill us when he sees the condition we've left this thread in.

Yeah, well, he had it coming.

Don't ask me how, he just did.
Old May 21, 2002, 09:12   #207
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 03:30
/me wonders where everyone except self, Mr President and Lonestar are
Old May 21, 2002, 09:32   #208
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by kassiopeia
* kassiopeia wonders where everyone except self, Mr President and Lonestar are
In a Galaxy Far, far away, no doubt.
Old May 21, 2002, 09:34   #209
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 03:30
All right... you fectch the naquada reactor so that we can plot the eigth chevron in...
Old May 21, 2002, 09:43   #210
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by kassiopeia
All right... you fectch the naquada reactor so that we can plot the eigth chevron in...
Lemme go rouse SG-1.....