Old May 11, 2002, 02:30   #1
KhanMan
Prince

Local Time: 00:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Suggestion for a Civ: Israelites
Yes, I said I won't play them...but here's the one condition I would play them in:

Expansionist (West Bank, Gaza, Golan Heights, anyone?)
Religious (no brainer)

Unique Unit: Martyr-1 attack, 1 defense, 2 movement, no support required. Whenever any Martyr unit is destroyed, the home city goes into a We Love The King celebration for 2 turns.

Sprecher der ToT
-KhanMan
Eagerly awaiting Civ3 expansions...seeing about getting banned in the meantime
Old May 11, 2002, 08:57   #2
Jethro83
Prince

Local Time: 10:31
So I take it that this is the modern state of Israel, and not the ancient Hebrew kingdom.

If such a civ representing this race were to exist, I'd rather the ancient Hebrew kingdom.

Mediterranean/Mid. East

Commercial, Religious

Leader: King David

UU: Slinger (archer with greater attack or something)
Old May 11, 2002, 15:20   #3
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 02:31
hi ,

maybe a vote on top , ..??
both would be nice , ..
they should be in PTW , ....

have a nice day

Old May 11, 2002, 15:39   #4
Carver
Prince

Local Time: 18:31
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Re: Suggestion for a Civ: Israelites
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanMan

Expansionist (West Bank, Gaza, Golan Heights, anyone?)
Religious (no brainer)
Expansionist - yes

but also a new trait:

Rogue - Not bound by any international treaties, laws or standards of conduct; may attack foreign civs with impunity (Tunisia, Iraq, Lebanon); may demand anything in trade and, if refused, the offending civ is declared anti-semetic and banished from the international community.
Old May 11, 2002, 15:53   #5
Cookie Monster
King

Local Time: 19:31
Re: Re: Suggestion for a Civ: Israelites
Quote:
Originally posted by Carver

Expansionist - yes

but also a new trait:

Rogue - Not bound by any international treaties, laws or standards of conduct; may attack foreign civs with impunity (Tunisia, Iraq, Lebanon); may demand anything in trade and, if refused, the offending civ is declared anti-semetic and banished from the international community.

Sad but true..................
Old May 11, 2002, 15:56   #6
Panag
Emperor

Re: Re: Suggestion for a Civ: Israelites
Quote:
Originally posted by Carver

Expansionist - yes

but also a new trait:

hi ,

are we having fun yet , ........

have a nice day
Old May 11, 2002, 16:31   #7
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

only problem with your suggestions is that there are no home cities in civ3!

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old May 11, 2002, 18:02   #8
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by civman2000
only problem with your suggestions is that there are no home cities in civ3!
hi ,

that could change , ....
anyone on a mod of the region yet , ....

have a nice day
Old May 11, 2002, 22:40   #9
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Local Time: 16:31
Don't forget that they have the ability to attack their allies w/o going to war, or any negative consequences at all (ie, USS Liberty in 1967 war).

And I think expansionist is quite a stretch. Sure, they expanded into the West Bank and all that, but even w/ the occupied territories, Israel is still TINY.
Old May 12, 2002, 12:26   #10
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

maybe Israel should get spies cheap, .... ....or the intel agency , ...

have a nice day
Old May 13, 2002, 23:42   #11
Mikhail
Chieftain

Well, if you're going to make anti-Israel jokes, call them ISRAELis. ISRAELites is a general term jewish people have called them long befor the state of Israel's existed. An Israeli is an Israel citizen.

Israelites aren't particularly interested in territorial expansion, just practicing their religion.
Old May 13, 2002, 23:51   #12
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mikhail
Well, if you're going to make anti-Israel jokes, call them ISRAELis. ISRAELites is a general term jewish people have called them long befor the state of Israel's existed. An Israeli is an Israel citizen.

Israelites aren't particularly interested in territorial expansion, just practicing their religion.
hi ,

who is making anti-Israeli jokes , ....???

have a nice day
Old May 14, 2002, 12:08   #13
Andrew_Jay
Prince

Local Time: 21:01
So . . . if the "rogue" trait is included, does the American Civ become Rogue and Industrious or Rogue and Expansionist?
You know it's true, don't say it isn't
Old May 15, 2002, 16:20   #14
Sirotnikov
DiplomacyApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

hello dearies.

there's an already active "civilizations" forum, where civs have been voted for and there's already top 16 and top 8 civs.

i'm pretty sure israel/hebrews will be in the xp.
Old May 15, 2002, 21:57   #15
Carver
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew_Jay
So . . . if the "rogue" trait is included, does the American Civ become Rogue and Industrious or Rogue and Expansionist?
You know it's true, don't say it isn't
I agree, my boys in Washington need to end their habit of meddling in every international situation (and domestic situations) throughout the globe. And the dumping of the Kyoto Treaty and the International Criminal Court was not cool.
Old May 15, 2002, 23:38   #16
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sirotnikov
hello dearies.

there's an already active "civilizations" forum, where civs have been voted for and there's already top 16 and top 8 civs.

i'm pretty sure israel/hebrews will be in the xp.
based on?
Old May 17, 2002, 01:11   #17
SeferKoheleth
Chieftain

Local Time: 00:31
Shut up you ****ing Jew-haters.

Expansionistic? You've got to be kidding. Unless you buy the standard Jew-hating "Protocols" spin on the news you'd know that Israelis have ALWAYS sought peace-- and NEVER found a partner.

Martrys? Hello-- exactly WHO sends suicide bombers to blow up children.... or can you not see through your Jew-hating regalla to see that.

International law? What other state would tolerate DAILY terrorist attacks against its citizens. The fact is that "international law" is dictated by Arab butchers who sit on oil wealth. Do we see the Saudis, Eygptians, Syrians etc. condemmned by the UN? Assad killed more Arabs in a single day (Hama) than Israel has in 50 years. But then again, I suspect you don't actually care about Arabs.... just hating Jews.

Now if we wanted to talk truths.... how about the suicide bomber as a UU for the Arabs. It would replace the missle.

Go to hell.
Am Yisrael Hi.
Old May 17, 2002, 03:01   #18
TheBigTurkey
Settler

Local Time: 16:31
Look, stop attacking us, we stop attacking you, pure and simple, you arrogant Israeli b****. Just because you can't do s*** without America giving you BILLIONS of dollars to buy F-16's to destroy mud homes, and to hide the truth about the military from your OWN CIVILIANS (who, I might add, are immigrants living off of American tax dollars). Arab butchers who sit on oil wealth? American could take over those guys in two seconds if it wanted to. They are controlled by US, except for Iraq and Iran, and until those two stop fighting, they are worthless. So, that means that Israel is the only country with anything. Also, how many UN Resolutions did Israel get by, because the US, their loving b****, always gives them what they wanted. Look at the devil (i.e. Ariel Sharon), who is now called nice. What do you say to that. Oh yeah, now you'd bring out the "Anti-Semetic" label. Well, considering that Palestinians are Semetic, that would mean they hate themselves. Now what do you say? The truth of the matter: you're just stupid.
Old May 17, 2002, 07:10   #19
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by TheBigTurkey
Look, stop attacking us, we stop attacking you, pure and simple, you arrogant Israeli b****. Just because you can't do s*** without America giving you BILLIONS of dollars to buy F-16's to destroy mud homes, and to hide the truth about the military from your OWN CIVILIANS (who, I might add, are immigrants living off of American tax dollars). Arab butchers who sit on oil wealth? American could take over those guys in two seconds if it wanted to. They are controlled by US, except for Iraq and Iran, and until those two stop fighting, they are worthless. So, that means that Israel is the only country with anything. Also, how many UN Resolutions did Israel get by, because the US, their loving b****, always gives them what they wanted. Look at the devil (i.e. Ariel Sharon), who is now called nice. What do you say to that. Oh yeah, now you'd bring out the "Anti-Semetic" label. Well, considering that Palestinians are Semetic, that would mean they hate themselves. Now what do you say? The truth of the matter: you're just stupid.
hi ,

well , why dont you come to visit Israel , .........

also please keep to the topic , ...

and for political ideas , visit the off topic , .......

have a nice day
Old May 17, 2002, 23:27   #20
Sirotnikov
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by asleepathewheel
based on?
based on being active in the General and Civilizations forums when they were inventing new suggested civilizations.

Also based on votes taken by Apolyton on "civs you would want to see in the expansion pack" or similar topics.
Old May 17, 2002, 23:42   #21
Sirotnikov
Emperor

Sefer Koheleth, please don't be an ass.

You could have said the same things politely, no matter what.

Quote:
Originally posted by TheBigTurkey
Look, stop attacking us, we stop attacking you, pure and simple, you arrogant Israeli b****.
If you'll kindly open a history book and read about the life in Palesine in 1920-1948, you'll see that it was the arab palestinian population that has constantly attacked, massacared and harrassed Jewish population in Palestine.

Quote:
Just because you can't do s*** without America giving you BILLIONS of dollars to buy F-16's to destroy mud homes,
1. we can indeed do ****. We had no American help when we kicked Arab ass in 1967.
2. We get some billion dollars per year. But never is it mention the tromendous help Israel gives to American science, both civilian and military wise.

I am willing to bet that 40% of your computer was made (not manufactured, but developed) in Israel.

Quote:
and to hide the truth about the military from your OWN CIVILIANS
It's true that IDF blocked the access to TV reporters, but it was necessary to protect them. It was done for the same reason that curfews were put in place.

It comes to allow for normative fighting, and protect non-combatants from fire exchanges and so on.

As you know, many civilians and journalists were hit in all sorts of fire exchanges in the last 18 months. The curfew, allowed IDF to concentrate on militants with less risk of civilian losses.

Furthermore, I'd like to notify you that Israeli reporters, unlike chicken ass international reporters, were the first ones to illegaly infiltrate the war zone areas, and report from there.

Also, please question reporters, on the nature of Palestinian pressure not to film or air news which are "harmful" to the Palestinian cause. the PA has threatened, bullied and even jailed reporters which gave them bad press.

If you know, after the lynching of 2 Israeli soldiers in Ramallah, on December (?) 2000, the reporter who took the video quickly published an appology in all major Palestinian papers, asking forgiveness for publishing the truth and "hurting the palestinian cause".

Another example is the PA's attempt to cease all footage of Palestinians celebrating 9/11.

Quote:
(who, I might add, are immigrants living off of American tax dollars)
Go read about the Jewish nation which existed long before the Roman Empire, and will exist long after the American empire.

Quote:
. Arab butchers who sit on oil wealth? American could take over those guys in two seconds if it wanted to.
No it couldn't since they would send them small children wearing explosives.

Quote:
They are controlled by US, except for Iraq and Iran, and until those two stop fighting, they are worthless.

You have many interesting conspiracy theories.

Quote:
So, that means that Israel is the only country with anything.
With anything... what?

Quote:
Also, how many UN Resolutions did Israel get by, because the US, their loving b****, always gives them what they wanted.
Actually, there are more anti-Israeli resolutions than there are on any other topic IIRC.

Quote:
Look at the devil (i.e. Ariel Sharon), who is now called nice.
a) what made him a devil?

b) Look at known and proclaimed terrorist Yassir Arafat.

Quote:
What do you say to that. Oh yeah, now you'd bring out the "Anti-Semetic" label. Well, considering that Palestinians are Semetic, that would mean they hate themselves.
That is semantic nonsense.

anti-semitic is meant to be anti-jewish.

As you might know, the nazis had no problem with semites other than jews, and infact were in excellent relations with Palestinian leader, the Mufti Haj Amin al-Husseini (sp?).

Again, I'd ask you to read some history.

Quote:
Now what do you say? The truth of the matter: you're just stupid.
Said the pot to the kettle.
Old May 17, 2002, 23:48   #22
Tuberski

I think the Israelite UU should be a unit that can move across land and water(parting the sea)

"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old May 18, 2002, 00:30   #23
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 10:31
Is there any point to this thread, or is it just an excuse for political discussions to invade yet another forum?

Seriously now, I would play as the Israelites. But I doubt they'd put them in the expansion pack, as crazies like the ones in this thread would say the exact same things. If I wanted to play Israelites, I'd modify one of the other civilizations, like when I made a Zionist faction for Alpha Centauri.
Old May 18, 2002, 06:17   #24
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

congratulations on some of the participants. this thread is history....