Old May 14, 2002, 00:14   #121
Guynemer
C4WDG The GooniesCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Local Time: 20:33
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber

She problably leaves it up there because people like you insist she take it down. You all seem very selective about what you critize. I don't see how any of you make it through the day without being offended.

United States of the Offended.
She's being intentionally offensive, Spray. It's not like I saw someone wearing a Hawaiian shirt and got offended at the denigration of flowers, ferns, and other assorted flora. Surely you can see the difference.
Old May 14, 2002, 00:14   #122
KrazyHorse
Deity

And as a publically visible document it's fair to go after it. You put your stuff where people can read it and you've opened yourself up to criticism.
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old May 14, 2002, 00:23   #123
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 17:33
If one puts up one's opinion on the internet, one had better be ready to have it critiqued. That's the nature of the world, and I think it's fair. No one is censoring her, are they?

This reminds me of the hypocrisy of Pat Robertson when he brings his religion into his politics but then dares to act affronted that someone would criticize his religion. He put it on the table, so its fair game and he should grow a spine. Same for this girl. If she wants to post it, she's going to have to deal with the reaction. She wanted the reaction and she got what she wanted. Why do you feel sorry for her?
Old May 14, 2002, 00:32   #124
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 19:33
http://www.kkk.com/

http://www.noi.org/

http://www.americannaziparty.com/

Have fun boys.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old May 14, 2002, 00:34   #125
KrazyHorse
Deity

The ANP website is hilarious. Especially the part of the swastika being the "age-old symbol of the white man"...
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old May 14, 2002, 00:35   #126
KrazyHorse
Deity

Guynemer, they're based in Michigan.
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old May 14, 2002, 00:50   #127
Promethus
Settler

Local Time: 19:33
so its fair game and he should grow a spine. Same for this girl.

She seems to have more "spine" than most of the posters here.
Old May 14, 2002, 03:44   #128
morb
Chieftain

Local Time: 16:33
Quote:
Originally posted by Guynemer
The ability to say, "Hey, I'm wrong, perhaps I ought to rectify the situation." That sure would be dandy.
i see, so its ok to express one's opinions only if they are "correct or right" as accourding to you.

now who's pathetic?

I'm really sick of this PC crap. This is basically what she is saying too. Just because some little gay kid is offended by my opinion I shouldn't have the right to express it?

Talk about institutionalized bigotry. My opinion is out of favour with some "minorities," mainly 90% of the so called "enlightened" PC and "tolorence" preaching population.

If you're going to jump in with the "she's not being cencored" comment, OF COURSE SHE IS. This is cencorship by peer/public pressure. This is the premis on which the whole PC movement was based on. It IS cencorship. If one person told you to shut up, you'd ignore them and move one, but if thousands do this? Even if you're not going to change your opinion, you aren't going to express it because you finally get tired of the hassel. This is exactly what the rest of you are counting on. The whole "its up for critique" argument doesn't fly. You're just using this to shut up your oponents.

I'm also going to make another gross generalization and state a stereotype, because there is a grain of truth to it the size of, oh say the moon. AS SOON as the "minority" gains momentum and support or become the majority, they immedietly turn from "equality for everyone, meaning we are not as equal" to "you do things our way now mister or you're not welcome." Bunch of Nazis you are.

I don't care for your kind of tolorence because it comes at MY expense. You don't like my words, its your right to do so, but don't tell ME, I don't have the right to express them.

END.

p.s. I'm speaking for myself, but I'm also defending the girl who wrote the original piece, since you're all so quick to troll where she isn't likely to defend herself.

Last edited by morb; May 14, 2002 at 03:55.
Old May 14, 2002, 12:32   #129
Bugs ****ing Bunny
Emperor

Local Time: 01:33
Local Date: November 1, 2010
So, morb, what you're saying is that we're wrong to say that we disagree with people?

The door's the rectangular thing in the wall.

Incidentally, you're a cheeky little boy to bleat about "institutionalised bigotry" when you said that 90% of Mexicans are dumb.
Old May 14, 2002, 12:32   #130
Guynemer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by KrazyHorse
Guynemer, they're based in Michigan.
I'm aware. They used to be based in my hometown. I've had my confrontations with them.
Old May 14, 2002, 12:39   #131
Guynemer
Emperor

Morb, I never told you or that excitable little girl that you don't have the right to express yourselves. Never. Not once.

What I told her was this: She realizes that what she has on her website is a racist diatribe. So instead of acknowledging this, and altering it or whatever, she tries to justify it, to spin it. Horseshit.

What I told you was this: You're pathetic. Frankly, I'm going easy on you. After calling black people "animals" and saying 90% of Mexicans are dumb, "pathetic" is about the nicest thing any reasonable person could say about you. Kindly crawl back under whatever rock from beneath which you oozed, and refrain from joining the rest of us in the 21st century until you've grown up.
Old May 14, 2002, 12:41   #132
Guynemer
Emperor

Oh, and Spray, in addition to having run-ins with the American Nazi Party (formerly based in Livonia), I've also participated in anti-Klan rallies here in Ann Arbor when those jackasses decided to come to town for the publicity. Don't be getting all high and mighty with me about who I decide to confront about being a bigot.
Old May 14, 2002, 12:49   #133
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 00:33
Quote:
Originally posted by morb
It IS cencorship. If one person told you to shut up, you'd ignore them and move one, but if thousands do this? Even if you're not going to change your opinion, you aren't going to express it because you finally get tired of the hassel.
Doesn't seem to have stoped you.

Do It Ourselves
Old May 14, 2002, 13:14   #134
Jac de Molay
Prince

Quote:
I've also participated in anti-Klan rallies here in Ann Arbor when
those jackasses decided to come to town for the publicity. Don't be getting all high and mighty with me about who I decide to confront about being a bigot.
With all due respect, it might be people like you that keeps bringing the Klan back to Ann Arbor. While I respect, and only respect, their right to free speech, creating a near-riot every time they show does give them the attention and empowerment they crave.

Morb, the only semi-valid point you make is that there are people in the world who use race/gender/sex orientation as political pawns- people like Al Sharpton and Johnny Cochrane are proof. And, in isolated circumstances, political correctness can infringe on free speech and such. However, to attach psychological profiles to people based on their skin color or ethnicity is just blatantly stupid, and doesn't even warrant the attention it has already received. I suggest you do some serious reading about the cultural experiences of those different than you before you start foaming at the mouth.

Dave
"Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.
Old May 14, 2002, 14:11   #135
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

DD, I'm ambivalent on whether or not to confront the Klan. On the one hand, they do crave the excitment they create. It gets them media attention, and probably allows them to connect with a few more racist losers. However, I think it would be far worse to allow them to show up and not have any response at all. That would embolden them, which is not something we want.

So far the best response I have seen is the organized boycott of Klan and Nazi rallies. Activists scour the area to organized everyone not to show up. When the racists appear, there's no one. They usually slink away immediately. It's tough to pull off, but when it works, it's extremely effective.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old May 14, 2002, 14:18   #136
Guynemer
Emperor

DD--I wasn't at one of the anti-Klan rallies that participated in the riot. It was something more akin to what Che described, a rally several blocks away from the rednecks. EDIT: It should also be noted that the Klan hasn't been back to Ann Arbor for about four years now.
Old May 14, 2002, 14:18   #137
morb
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny
So, morb, what you're saying is that we're wrong to say that we disagree with people?

Incidentally, you're a cheeky little boy to bleat about "institutionalised bigotry" when you said that 90% of Mexicans are dumb.
first of all, I said that you're wrong to assume that because you disagree with people it gives you the right to be disrespectful. its clear that a certain bunch here have no respect for other's opinions. But I can see that you're too dense to comprehend this, so I won't hold it against you.

second, you must be a special kind of degenerate to be "showing" people doors on a message board.

thirdly, how does my own personal biggotry relate to the instituionalized kind? aren't we feeling inferior? or maybe we are just assuming too much?

yes, down with the white man. he is the root of all evil. isn't it funny how you can say THAT without anyone ever objecting? you'll only get support for this kind of biggotry, but when it comes to minorities, PC is the way to go. Because the white man hurts them by using "institutionalized" biggotry.

rediculous.
Old May 14, 2002, 14:19   #138
morb
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny

first of all, I said that you're wrong to assume that because you disagree with people it gives you the right to be disrespectful. its clear that a certain bunch here have no respect for other's opinions. But I can see that you're too dense to comprehend this, so I won't hold it against you.

second, you must be a special kind of degenerate to be "showing" people doors on a message board.

thirdly, how does my own personal biggotry relate to the instituionalized kind? aren't we feeling inferior? or maybe we are just assuming too much?

yes, down with the white man. he is the root of all evil. isn't it funny how you can say THAT without anyone ever objecting? you'll only get support for this kind of biggotry, but when it comes to minorities, PC is the way to go. Because the white man hurts them by using "institutionalized" biggotry.

ridiculous.
Old May 14, 2002, 14:29   #139
Guynemer
Emperor

Oh morb morb morb...

Just out of curiosity, how old are you?
Old May 14, 2002, 14:30   #140
morb
Chieftain

Old May 14, 2002, 14:36   #141
Guynemer
Emperor

Technical difficulties?
Old May 14, 2002, 14:36   #142
morb
Chieftain

Quote:
Oh morb morb morb...

Just out of curiosity, how old are you?
Old May 14, 2002, 14:41   #143
Guynemer
Emperor

Wonderful. I hate making fun of children. But adults who act like children--now there's a party.

You, sir, are a racist jackass who has absolutely no understanding of the way American society has functioned for the past few centuries. Perhaps it's because you're an immigrant; if so, I'd counsel you to educate yourself about America's past and present problems, and welcome you to our country. On the other hand, perhaps it's because you're an ignorant ****wit. In that case, I'd ask you to kindly stay in your home at all times; we already have too many of your kind walking the streets.
Old May 14, 2002, 14:48   #144
morb
Chieftain

Quote:
Wonderful. I hate making fun of children. But adults who act like children--now there's a party.

You, sir, are a racist jackass who has absolutely no understanding of the way American society has functioned for the past few centuries. Perhaps it's because you're an immigrant; if so, I'd counsel you to educate yourself about America's past and present problems, and welcome you to our country. On the other hand, perhaps it's because you're an ignorant ****wit. In that case, I'd ask you to kindly stay in your home at all times; we already have too many of your kind walking the streets.
gee have I hit a nerve? I guess I have.

Why don't you go fill out your NAACP membership and put your name down on the petition to have the major corporations pay reperations to distant ancestors of slaves. Because of course that is the enlightened, that is non-ignorent, thing to do.
Old May 14, 2002, 14:50   #145
Guynemer
Emperor

My goodness, what a waste of organic molecules you've turned out to be.
Old May 14, 2002, 14:54   #146
morb
Chieftain

you're right, you should commit cuicide right now.
Old May 14, 2002, 14:56   #147
Jac de Molay
Prince

Slightly off-topic, but you were right about the Klan not showing up in A2 in four years. IIRC, the city was making them share the cost of the added security when they showed up, and it may have scared them off once and for all. So all's well that ends well. I still think ignoring them is the best policy, especially in a city like Ann Arbor which should know better.
"Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.
Old May 14, 2002, 14:57   #148
Jac de Molay
Prince

BTW, you guys are still humoring this fool? Shame on you..
Old May 14, 2002, 15:02   #149
Guynemer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by DetroitDave
Slightly off-topic, but you were right about the Klan not showing up in A2 in four years. IIRC, the city was making them share the cost of the added security when they showed up, and it may have scared them off once and for all. So all's well that ends well. I still think ignoring them is the best policy, especially in a city like Ann Arbor which should know better.
That's why I went to one of the "peace rallies" or whatever they were called, and not the freakshow.

I still remember watching the news when they had their first rally there... the summer before I started U-M. Protestors broke through the barricades and started beating the Klansmen up... one black woman threw herself on top of one of the Klansmen who had fallen, and she protected him from getting hit. Seeing that really affected me deeply.

Now morb: Go run along and play nice with the other white supremacists. We won't miss you here.
Old May 14, 2002, 15:05   #150
morb
Chieftain

Quote:
Now morb: Go run along and play nice with the other white supremacists. We won't miss you here.
now now, gaynemer, assuming only makes and ass out of u.