Old May 18, 2002, 21:56   #301
ranskaldan
Prince

Local Time: 19:35
Local Date: October 31, 2010
map updated.

dalgetti: Mongol hordes have retaken your north pacific possessions.
Besides, it's the troops from there that i'm using to strike Russia.
Phobos Pact sounds good.

And the news of course:

Kaladar troops are running into some trouble on the Kazakh front, but they are making steady progress on the European front after capturing Kiev and the black sea coast.

In other news, a buffalo fell out of the sky and landed in the presidential palace of EEE. It's strange since no one knows where the presidential palace of the EEE is. The cabinet of the EEE has decided that this is a divine message and made the buffalo the sacred animal of the EEE. From now on, any EEEan found killing, mistreating, or traumatizing a buffalo shall be sentenced to dressing up as a buffalo and jumping around the main squares of EEEan cities while speaking with a swedish chef accent.

* THE PHOBOS PACT
Dalgetti - The Southern Federation.
.Dom Pedro II - Province of Brazil & Mars
Ranskaldan/KrazyHorse - New Canada & Káladar Confederation
Boris Godunov - Empire of Godunova
.Hobbes - Province of Zululand
Lightening - Duchy of Straylight

* THE HONOLULU PACT
Richelieu - The North Pacific & Central America
Drake Tungsten - The South Pacific
frankychan - People's Republic of New Zealand

* "THE PACT OF ALL PACTS"
Kassiopeia - Greater Finland, & The Province of Kassland
.Mercator - Province of Greater Mongolia
.Zevico - Province of Uzbekistan & Turkmenistan
.Ade - Province of Adenia
.Aaglo/Kassiopeia - Province of Aagloland
History Guy - Empire of Eastern Europe

Orange - Former Mozambique (conquered by Godunova)

LaRusso - Former Colony of Serbia (conquered by Southern Federation)

Eli - Greater Israel & the Province of Eliland

Guymener - EcoRepublic of Alaska
***mutual protection pact with Godunovan Empire.

Devilmunchkin - Paradise Isles
***"coconut" pact with Greater Finland.

Rand Al'Tor - former Roman Empire (hurriedly partitioned between Eastern Europe & Kaladar)

Dr. Stiby - Senegal; Gambia; Djibouti

Morb - Western Australia

Captain Antilles - "Lew" Zealand (overthrown)

Arrian - Britain & Ireland

Blisterz - Newfoundland

Sirotnikov - Palestine Liberation Organisation

Osweld - Savannahland

Adalbertus/Ecthelion - former Greater Germany (overrun by Eastern Europe)

Chowlett - Ceylon

Slowwhand - Jamaica

unclaimed regimes - United States of "America"

Last edited by ranskaldan; May 18, 2002 at 22:04.
Old May 18, 2002, 23:20   #302
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 14:35
thanks ranskaldan!

----
PRNZ News Station 1

"This just in ladies and gentlemen! We have just received news from our government that Morb-controlled Australia has obeyed our demands. The People's military says that they will be sending occupation troops into Eastern Australia to keep the peace.

Reports coming in from Australia state that there was celebrations in the streets. The government has issued this statement:

THIS MARKS THE BEGINNING OF A NEW DAY ON THE PLANET. NO LONGER SLAVES TO WAGES, THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN.

A spokesperson for the military has commented that: "Due to the nature of new membership in the Honolulu Pact, our arms and munitions will have to be purchased elsewhere. I do hope that the Empire of Eastern Europe will be able to survive without our valuable margarita's and pina coladas!
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old May 20, 2002, 17:44   #303
devilmunchkin
Warlord

Local Time: 00:35
Local Date: November 1, 2010
franky chan: haaaaave you ever heard of a communist paradise? my point exacrtly. my people and i wish t o remain a haven and out of twolrd political circles that cause strife and pain. we are an earthly paradise
*sips on her strawberry daquiri*
"Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy
Old May 21, 2002, 01:22   #304
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 14:35
Ahh, Devilmunchkin...

You obviously have not visited the communist paradise I have created in New Zealand. As my Soviet influence expands across the face of the globe, so will OUR version of "paradise". Just so long as the Paradise Isles remain out of PRNZ business, we will remain out of yours.

"strawberry daquiri" eh? The strawberry is the state-prohibited fruit in Soviet territory! Lemons and Limes are the only state-sponsored fruit!

*Chairman Frank lifts up his margarita*
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old May 21, 2002, 04:10   #305
aaglo
King

Local Time: 03:35
BREAKING NEWS!!!

Aaglo, the prince and ruler of aagloland, dies suddenly in the age of 101. The citizens of aagloland are being completely lost without their leader - thus becoming the people of 'nomansland'... but they seem to have some incline towards the people of Káladar, because the Godunovians are making their head ache...

Thus the aagloland is joined in Káladar, with enough garrisons to defend their land...
Old May 21, 2002, 11:38   #306
Mercator
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 02:35
Partly due to his own loss of sanity (or is that just a facade?), as well as the death of dear ally Aaglo (and the subsequent change of sides of Aagloland), Mercator holds secret talks with ranskaldan and other leaders of the Phobos Pact. The impossible seems to be happening.
Suddenly a shocking, well thought-out plan seems to unfold from the stretches of Greater Mongolia...

In this sudden change of events, Kaladar retreats from Southern China, Laos and Vietnam. Mongolian troops ravage about and when the dust settles, Zevico's and Adenia's provinces of GF have been captured by Mongolian troops. Chowlett's island of Sri Lanka has been lost to the Mongol wrath as well. In the mean time, the largest Mongolian forces gather in the far East to prepare for an unprecendented attack on Kassland, or defense against a possible attack from there. The remaining Mongolian troops strengthen patrols on the borders with Greater Finland, while some join the Kaladan attack force directed towards Finland.
Nothing can stop the Kaladar onset now, the once supreme Finnish alliance has crumbled.
Greater Mongolia has joined the Phobos Pact!
Old May 21, 2002, 16:12   #307
ranskaldan
Prince

THIS should be interesting!!

Hold on while I sort out my mind. This is just too weird...
Old May 21, 2002, 16:16   #308
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Hey, ranskaldan, what about me, a great leader who's empire is crumbling to bits and pieces...
Old May 21, 2002, 16:31   #309
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 17:35
The collapse of Aagloland inspires his supreme majesty, Tsar Boris Godunov, to approach his esteemed ally Kaladar and propose an equal division of Aagloland, wherein Godunova retains the two Congos and Tanzania, and the rest goes to Kaladar.
Old May 21, 2002, 17:51   #310
ranskaldan
Prince

Chancellor ranskaldan agrees to the offer of Godunova, but with one change: Kaladar would like to have the top one third of the two Congos, namely the parts north of the equator.

Kass: You can join the Phobos Pact too. It's pretty hard for everyone to stay peaceful if the entire world is allied.
If you do join, I'll call off the offensive immediately, and you will keep all of European Russia and Scandinavia.

Last edited by ranskaldan; May 21, 2002 at 20:29.
Old May 22, 2002, 02:44   #311
devilmunchkin
Warlord

franky: no probs bob. you are more than welcome t o vacation here like everyone else.
kass..you getting enough coconuts? I've had my scientists experimenting with making them biiger..like the size of watermelons..you like?
"Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy
Old May 22, 2002, 12:32   #312
Boris Godunov
Emperor

Godunova would not object to that, providing we divide it all at the equator, thereby Godunova would receive the southern portion of Kenya in exchange for the northern portions of the Congos. (Hey, this is kinda like our own version of Torsedillas...)
Old May 22, 2002, 16:22   #313
ranskaldan
Prince

Ugh... you do realize that aaglo originally gave it to me?

Okay, I'll give you both Congos, Rwanda and Burundi, while I'll take Ethopia, Somalia and Kenya first. We can decide on Tanzania later. In the meantime, make it a Phobos Pact Trust Territory.

News:

In a surprising move, The NCKC (New Canada & Kaladar Confederation) has formed an Anschluss with Savannahland! Savannahland is officially annexed as a self governing region of Kaladar.
Old May 22, 2002, 16:37   #314
Boris Godunov
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by ranskaldan
Ugh... you do realize that aaglo originally gave it to me?

Okay, I'll give you both Congos, Rwanda and Burundi, while I'll take Ethopia, Somalia and Kenya first. We can decide on Tanzania later. In the meantime, make it a Phobos Pact Trust Territory.
However, Godunova has had ancient claims over all of Aagloland and was mobilizing its forces well before Aaglo's untimely death to make good on those claims.

I insist on Tanzania. I will retract the request for any part of Kenya, and will cede the regions of both Congos north of the equator. I could care less about Rwanda and Burundi, but for cartographical ease will take them if need be.
Old May 22, 2002, 16:40   #315
ranskaldan
Prince

Great. Thank you.

finally I can do the map.

Kassiopeia:

Have you considered the peace offer yet?

You could become a member of the Phobos Pact & get to keep European Russia and Scandinavia.

Or we could roll all the way to the Norwegian Coast.

Mercator:

I've tentatively put Ade, Zevico, and Chowlett as your provinces, though judging from recent events, you might not want too many autonomous provinces around...

edit:

MAP UPDATED

* THE PHOBOS PACT
Dalgetti - The Southern Federation.
.Dom Pedro II - Province of Brazil & Mars
Ranskaldan/KrazyHorse - New Canada & Káladar Confederation
.Osweld - Province of Savannahland
Boris Godunov - Empire of Godunova
.Hobbes - Province of Zululand
Mercator - Greater Mongolian Empire
.Zevico - Province of Uzbekistan & Turkmenistan
.Ade - Province of Adenia
.Chowlett - Province of Ceylon
Lightening - Duchy of Straylight

* THE HONOLULU PACT
Richelieu - The North Pacific & Central America
Drake Tungsten - The South Pacific
frankychan - People's Republic of New Zealand

* "THE PACT OF ALL PACTS"
Kassiopeia - Greater Finland, & The Province of Kassland
History Guy - Empire of Eastern Europe

Orange - Former Mozambique (conquered by Godunova)

LaRusso - Former Colony of Serbia (conquered by Southern Federation)

Eli - Greater Israel & the Province of Eliland

Guymener - EcoRepublic of Alaska
***mutual protection pact with Godunovan Empire.

Devilmunchkin - Paradise Isles
***"coconut" pact with Greater Finland.

Rand Al'Tor - former Roman Empire (hurriedly partitioned between Eastern Europe & Kaladar)

Zhu Yuanzhang - Grand Imperial Federation of Small Useless Islands That Are Located Somewhat Near the Indian Ocean

Dr. Stiby - Senegal; Gambia; Djibouti

Morb - Western Australia

Captain Antilles - "Lew" Zealand (overthrown)

Arrian - Britain & Ireland

Blisterz - Newfoundland

Sirotnikov - Palestine Liberation Organisation

Adalbertus/Ecthelion - former Greater Germany (overrun by Eastern Europe)

Slowwhand - Jamaica

unclaimed regimes - United States of "America"

Last edited by ranskaldan; May 22, 2002 at 17:29.
Old May 22, 2002, 17:42   #316
Mercator
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by ranskaldan
I've tentatively put Ade, Zevico, and Chowlett as your provinces, though judging from recent events, you might not want too many autonomous provinces around...
As long as they don't mind being my servants I don't mind. And they certainly won't be having any armies of their own.

Would you by any chance be willing to give me your Asian (and perhaps European) territories? That way the Mongolian Empire will be restored to it's full glory from the days of Genghis Khan's grandson Kublai Khan! I have no intention to expand beyond these borders, so after this has been settled, I and the Mongolian people with me can rest in peace.

I would be more than willing to help you conquer the EEE for you, if that would be to your liking. Unless, of course, you deem that inappropriate considering the current cease fire with Greater Finland.
Old May 22, 2002, 17:58   #317
ranskaldan
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercator

Would you by any chance be willing to give me your Asian (and perhaps European) territories? That way the Mongolian Empire will be restored to it's full glory from the days of Genghis Khan's grandson Kublai Khan! I have no intention to expand beyond these borders, so after this has been settled, I and the Mongolian people with me can rest in peace.
After taking Japan, Siberia and India, your empire is already bigger than that of Kublai Khan.
So the answer is no.

Quote:
I would be more than willing to help you conquer the EEE for you, if that would be to your liking. Unless, of course, you deem that inappropriate considering the current cease fire with Greater Finland.
I'd have to think about that.
Old May 22, 2002, 18:30   #318
Mercator
Emperor

When did I take Japan and Siberia?
Old May 22, 2002, 18:40   #319
ranskaldan
Prince

You certainly are going to, judging by the way things are going.

Last edited by ranskaldan; May 22, 2002 at 18:47.
Old May 22, 2002, 19:03   #320
Mercator
Emperor

So you mean you're already assuming I took Siberia, and now you want the Chukchi-Kamchatka peninsula and Sakhalin? So you want me to go at war with GF, capture Siberia and then give it to you!? While you're busy signing a peace treaty with Kass. This sounds like a setup!
Or have you changed your mind about peace with GF and you're just planning to take everything but Scandinavia and Japan?

If the latter is the case, how about this:
I get the little bit of (mainland) Russia East of the Amur river, and I get the part of Russia which would make my Northern border form a nice curve up to about 60 degrees North, connecting Northern China and Kazakhstan. You get the remaining parts of Russia, East of the Yenisey river (approx 90 degrees East). The rest of Russia will remain part of Greater Finland (for now).
In return for this generous offer (imagine the amounts of oil up there!)... I get your Southeast Asia, Iraq, Kuwait, and your European possessions (the bit North of the Caucasus). I can give up Kuwait and Iraq if you must.
Old May 22, 2002, 19:05   #321
Mercator
Emperor

Hey! You edited out your offer damnit!
Old May 22, 2002, 19:12   #322
ranskaldan
Prince

errr indeed I did, since I originally wanted to conduct an invasion of Israel but later realized that Guymener was in the way.
Sigh, I guess I'll have to do it from North America then.

and errrr..... you don't have Kuwait or Iraq. But you do have Siberia.

I'm still perfectly open to any new offers though.
Old May 22, 2002, 19:20   #323
Mercator
Emperor

I meant that as part of the return for giving you Siberia I wanted Iraq and Kuwait... But if you found the offer was not to your liking, I wouldn't mind too much withdrawing my claim for them as part of the exchange.
Old May 22, 2002, 20:46   #324
ranskaldan
Prince

Okay.

Now that the war seems to have ended... what should we do? Should we continue on and see if the Phobos Pact splinters away along new fault lines? Or should we start a new thread with a blank map?
Old May 22, 2002, 22:04   #325
devilmunchkin
Warlord

Quote:
Now that the war seems to have ended... what should we do?
HI! that's what i created my damn island country for! come vacation!
*tempts them with drinks that have little umbrellas in them*
Old May 22, 2002, 22:42   #326
ranskaldan
Prince

:arrives:

Can I have a coconut with a straw in it for me, and a lemonade for my beaver?

Oh yeah..... a massive army of beavers, moose, loons, wolves, and ptarmigans have suddenly amassed near the Canada-Israel border.
Old May 22, 2002, 22:47   #327
devilmunchkin
Warlord

*puts ranskaldan up in a fancy resort....beach front
the surf is really nice this time of year.
*makes him a margarita or daquiri in a hollow cocnut...
served to him by a native girl....*
Old May 22, 2002, 22:50   #328
ranskaldan
Prince

Wow, this is too good.

News: The Chancellor of New Canada has married Ha'akatalapia Ara'itai'ikrapa'api, a native of the Paradise Isles.

In the meantime, a small contingent of beavers have crossed the Ottawa River....
Old May 23, 2002, 06:20   #329
Barley
Call to Power II Multiplayer
Prince

Can someone explain whats going on here please (can others get involved?)
Old May 23, 2002, 06:22   #330
aaglo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by devilmunchkin
*puts ranskaldan up in a fancy resort....beach front
the surf is really nice this time of year.
*makes him a margarita or daquiri in a hollow cocnut...
served to him by a native girl....*
*aaglo starts raging up in the heavens down in the underworlds, seeing what he has missed... *