Old May 23, 2002, 06:51   #331
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 10:35
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Can I play? I'll go United States of "America" or anything else you decide to stick me with.
Old May 23, 2002, 08:39   #332
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 18:35
Local Date: October 31, 2010
King Vlad History Guy happily announces to people that "a new dawn of peace and prosperity has arrived, ya-hoo!!" But he also informs them that "Mercator of the Mongols had betrayed us, and when must remember that these cowardly enemies will try to destroy us and our enemies, but always remember, right will prevail over wrong! And when has the EEE been right? Well...ummm...well...let me think..."
Old May 23, 2002, 09:04   #333
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 03:35
European Russia and Fennoscandia...

I'll go with the Phobos Pact, but only if the EEE can join in as well.

* thinks of giving power to one of his governors and retiring *
Old May 23, 2002, 09:06   #334
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Oh, wait! Kassland remains under GF as well! That's a must, a condition.
Old May 23, 2002, 09:54   #335
Ari Rahikkala
King

The dolphins pop up to say that they're alive but haven't really been in the empire-building scene since they're bored with the planet and might really just decide to transcend and disappear someday.
This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand
Old May 23, 2002, 11:57   #336
ranskaldan
Prince

Local Time: 19:35
Kass:

In order to keep Kassland, you've gotta give up something else to Mercator.
I'm sorry, but I've already promised him Japan (or some other large chunk) to keep his hands off the Middle East.

Mercator:

Would you agree to Greater Finland keeping Kassland?

History Guy:

Indeed, peace has arrived. So I assume that you're now part of the Phobos Pact?

newcomers:

well.... we're kinda full up right now, but there still are some places available. Some players haven't turned up in a while and you can take their places if you want.

You can also be a province governor of an existing power. Mercator was one..... then he revolted, and look how powerful he is now.

Last edited by ranskaldan; May 23, 2002 at 12:20.
Old May 23, 2002, 12:19   #337
Kassiopeia
Emperor

*sends a private communique to ranskaldan in the chat*
Old May 23, 2002, 12:24   #338
ranskaldan
Prince

An army consisting of beavers, moose, and wolves have crossed the 49 parallel. Bombing raids have begun on the cities of Greater Israel and troops have already moved into several major cities.

In the meantime, Finnish troops have landed in Iceland & Greenland.
Old May 23, 2002, 12:24   #339
Sirotnikov
DiplomacyApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 02:35
My people of Cuban Palestine are extremely angry at the intellectual opression of their culture by some dominant powers.

I couldn't reign in the terrorists.. if they were such things in my territory.
Old May 23, 2002, 12:26   #340
Sirotnikov
Emperor

Eli just surrendered on the chat.

He officially gave his territories to the rule of Palestinian Cuba.

I quote:

Eli: who took my provinces?
kassiopeia: no one
Eli: siro can have them
Old May 23, 2002, 12:28   #341
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Greater Finland (what's left of it) is giving it's entire military infrastructure under the temporary command of leader Ranskaldan to help centralise the execution of our plans.
Old May 23, 2002, 12:28   #342
Sirotnikov
Emperor

Since I'm officially a part of the L pact, I demand control over Greater Israel.

It's much better when the enemy gives control to you.
Old May 23, 2002, 12:28   #343
Az
Emperor

as a new world order , with a single government spanning all mankind looms, Dalgetti, now a well known wise and benevolent leader in his late 30s has become a historical figure of proportions matching Julius Ceaser , Napoleon Bonaparte and Joseph Stalin. He decides to retire , to a distant retreat of some sort. However , massive demonstrations of a group never heard before rocks the capitals of the Phobos pact. People around Buenos Aires, Atlanta, Gagarin, and New Moscow are staging manifestations in support of the leader , on both sides of the WWIII , on Earth and on other Phobos pact controlled planets . They call thems "Dalgettists" , and ask the honorable leader David Dalgetti , to join him and establish a new society . After a long thought, he agrees. They join him on a spaceship that has been built in the honour of the great leader on Mars. Hundreds of thousands of people , (mostly beautiful women )are joining him , workers, scientists , engineers and managers . He humbly calls them "the searchers of humanity" , and insists that this is not a personality cult.

They leave on a long Journey to Alpha Centaury. a Journey that would take more than a century.

Before leaving, Dalgetti calls new elections in the Southern Federation. He urges everyone to vote for a fellow , not well known around, that's often , half-jokingly is called "Mr. President". He urges him to follow the path of democracy and planned economy , using the latest computer technology to achieve maximum effectivness.

He calls ranskaldan a great leader that will surely benefit at his post as the leader of the Phobos pact. He hopes he'll never forget his friendship.
Old May 23, 2002, 12:33   #344
Sirotnikov
Emperor

*control goes to Siro*

To help the new expanded Palestine, raskaldan can build military bases in Greater Isr... Palestine.

I would also like to condem the terrorists which blew up all the Jewish relics in Greater Isr.. Palestine. But I take no responsability.
Old May 23, 2002, 12:43   #345
ranskaldan
Prince

New Canada, Greater Palestine, and Greater Finland have forced the Lakes Pact. This is due to the fact that all of them have lakes in their realms. Other world leaders are reassured that this pact has no military significance whatsoever.

Invitations to join the Lakes Pact have been sent out to the EEE, New Zealand, the Duchy of Straylight, and to Godunova.

In other news: in the final settlement of the previous war, Siberia and Kassland have been awarded to Mercator.

Last edited by ranskaldan; May 23, 2002 at 16:43.
Old May 23, 2002, 12:45   #346
Mercator
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Sure Kassland can remain part of Greater Finland. My last offer still stands:
Me and you split Siberia East of 90° (or rather that river of which I don't have the name handy right now ... You get most of it, re-read my previous post for the details); Japan and the rest of Russia as is currently in the hands of GF will remain Finnish. In return for Siberia (the part between that river and 140°) I will get the Southeast Asian and European possessions of Kaladar (right?).
I will further declare that I will not make any further expansions, except, perhaps, as part of a peaceful trade for land now in my possession. From now on I will lead my people peacefully.

I also suggest we sit around the table concerning expanding devilmunchkin's Paradise Isles. She has been more than generous to every one of us, and to be able to remain so in the future, without being overwhelmed with tourists and having the Isles spoiled, she and we could use some more utopian isles.
Do you agree devilmunchkin?
I can give up Thailand, if others give up Papua New Guinea and teh remainder of the Philippines.
Old May 23, 2002, 13:26   #347
Az
Emperor

oh, and...

"I'll be back.".

Old May 23, 2002, 14:18   #348
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 18:35
We of Eastern Europe (who control Germany and France as well), will go with our allies the Finns. We will not demobilize (because we trust nobody) and the King will not step down. We will remain in the new Phobus Pact, however. We strongly wish to invite the dolphins to join as well...
Old May 23, 2002, 16:42   #349
ranskaldan
Prince

Here's an offer, Mercator:

You get all of Siberia east of the Yenisey. I'll also give you all of my Southeast Asian territories.

In return you give Kassland to me and the rest of Russia back to Finland.
Old May 23, 2002, 16:58   #350
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 17:35
His regal majesty, Tsar Boris, is now irrevocably confused as to who is in what pact with who. He is not even quite sure with whom he is in a pact. Please, clarify.

Old May 23, 2002, 17:01   #351
ranskaldan
Prince

Boris,

The Lakes Pact is a friendly cooperation pact between Greater Finland, Canada, EEE, and Greater Palestine.

Would you like to join?

Last edited by ranskaldan; May 23, 2002 at 17:16.
Old May 23, 2002, 17:24   #352
Barley
Call to Power II Multiplayer
Prince

Local Time: 00:35
"Thanks Ranskaldan I would like to replace someone that has not turned up / second preference take over from somone. I have been playing Civ type games for 8 years and have only started posting in Apolyton again in the last few weeks or so.

Can you tell me a little more about the conquest thread (is there a link thread with instructions"

A little more about me, Im 32, male, live in Milton Keynes, England and work for a bank, fav games are CTPII (online) yes I'm one of the few but stacked combat and no darn formers to move about more than make up for some of its shortcomings.

Hope to hear from you - Barley"
Old May 23, 2002, 17:29   #353
ranskaldan
Prince

Hi! Welcome!

The Conquest Thread is where your dreams of ruling the world (or at least a portion of it) can be realized.

Our motto is: Insanity, Insatiability & Incoherence.

Thus you are encouraged to be as illogical as possible. However, don't be so illogical as to make the game unfun (ie don't nuke everyone immediately or something). But other than that, anything that's fun is great.

(Oh yeah, no nukes. That's so not interesting.)

If you're looking for a serious Risk-like or Civ-like game, then this is perhaps not for you.

There's a map of the current world in my signature. A few posts back there is a summary of all players.
Old May 24, 2002, 08:50   #354
Mercator
Emperor

It looks like I was a little behind the facts with my last post, so kassiopeia surrendered all of Greater Finalnd to you then, ranskaldan?

Anyway, your proposition sounds good to me... With one little change:
In addition to all of Russia East of the Yenisey, I want to add a little bit West of the Yenisey, namely the following... Instead of going along the Yenisey, I want the border to bend off to the West at the Arctic Circle towards the Northernmost point of Kazakhstan. In exchange, you can add Sakhalin and the Kuril islands to the province of Kassland.
I will also add the unclaimed islands in the South China Sea to my territory...

And (I just can't get enough of conquering) I'm annexing GIFSUITARSNIO and Morb's Australia. But those will, for now, be highly autonomous regions within GM, and I'd be willing to use them to trade for other land if anyone's interested.
Old May 24, 2002, 08:58   #355
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercator
It looks like I was a little behind the facts with my last post, so kassiopeia surrendered all of Greater Finalnd to you then, ranskaldan?
A temporary 'surrender' of military assets to help co-ordinate our mutual campaigns more efficiently. I.e. he has my full military support for whatever action he shall take. I am still the leader of Greater Finland.
Old May 24, 2002, 09:01   #356
Mercator
Emperor

Oh, and Barley, this is a highly informal world conquest thread. Nevermind any rules, just jump in and claim anything you fancy, make treaties, make war etc.
Have a look at the map of who owns what...

Richelieu (North Pacific), Tungstenia (South Pacific), Eco Alaska, New Canada, Dr. Stiby (Senegal, Gambia, Djibouti), Blisterz (Newfoundland), Arrian (British Isles) and Sloww (Jamaica) are, as far as I know, the regions whose leaders seemed to have "died" recently. So claiming any of those territories shouldn't be a problem. If you want anything else, you're probably best off getting a foothold on Earth with one of the above territories and then negotiating for more, by allying yourself with others and/or asking to govern a province of someone else's empire.

I'm Mercator, Khagan of the Greater Mongolian Empire.
Old May 24, 2002, 09:06   #357
Mercator
Emperor

Aha, thanks for the clarification Kass, so I assume ranskaldan was being a little bold asking Kassland for himself then.
Old May 24, 2002, 09:21   #358
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 14:35
welcome Barley (good component of beer!),

As the Chairman of the People's Republic of New Zealand, I welcome you to the CONQUEST THREAD!....Now, to business...

Chairman Frank has officially denounced the takeover of Morb-controlled Western Australia by Mercator. In a speech to the people of Eastern Australia, Chairman Frank has said-

"It is deplorable that a capitalistic nation is bordered with our People's Paradise! Not only has the EVIL Mercator practically forced us to defend ourselves, he has inevitably led the PRNZ military in a conflict that he cannot win!

Therefore, I ask that every singel comrade sacrifice what little they have for the buildup of the Soviet PRNZ war machine!

LONG LIVE THE PEOPLE'S REVOLUTION!!!!"

Chairman Frank has also accepted membership into the "Lakes Pact" so long as their is another Soviet country in the pact other than the PRNZ.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old May 24, 2002, 09:33   #359
Mercator
Emperor

I supported you when you expanded into the Pacific and Australia... I may not be communist, but I govern the most open-minded empire. As long as you're being sensible I don't care what ideology you support. And, as a matter of fact, my empire is run in a very socially democratic way, I'm probably closer to cummunism than many other nations.
How would you be interested if I made the province of Morb a communist test case, to show our good intentions. I think that would benefit the economy of both Eastern and Western Australia.
Old May 24, 2002, 09:41   #360
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 14:35
Ahhh, if Western Australia became a communist province of Mercator-controlled land, I would be more than happy to support any governmental change there.

I have forgotten that you had supported PRNZ expansion in the Pacific and Australia! Therefore, so long as Mercator-influence expands WESTWARD, I will in turn support your expansion. However, I plan to extend the Peoples Influence to North Asia. Mayber Mercator-controlled area's would like to benefit from PRNZ margarita's and pina colada's?
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis