Old May 14, 2002, 00:25   #211
ranskaldan
Prince

Local Time: 19:35
Local Date: October 31, 2010
dalgetti:
Dom Pedro II has asked to become Governor of Brazil.
He has already claimed the planet Mars. If you agree to his request, Mars will be added to the Southern Federation.
So, do you agree?
Old May 14, 2002, 00:28   #212
ranskaldan
Prince

Thank you, Godunov.

Finland has already considered annexing you. They are desperate to get a foothold on the Americas, and you are the closest.

Of course, being in the Lima Pact is great, since if we win, you probably would get an area equal to size to Alaska on the other side!
Old May 14, 2002, 00:30   #213
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 14:35
thanks ranskaldan!!!

If that's the case, I choose to take an unclaimed area in the pacific. Can I take Samoa, Tonga and Fiji?

If I can, I hereby pronounce a people's revolution and declare the birth of The People's Republic of Polynesia!
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old May 14, 2002, 00:30   #214
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

allied with the Honolulu Pact (if they'll have me)
Old May 14, 2002, 00:32   #215
ranskaldan
Prince

well,
Tungsten already has that. sorry...

you could become a vassal. It's not bad, since Mercator is a vassal technically, and yet he's pretty powerful. He breathes into the ears of kassiopeia, emperor of Finland all the time, and battles his enemy (which is me) right at the frontlines.
Old May 14, 2002, 00:33   #216
Frankychan
King

blast! Where are the unclaimed islands?
Old May 14, 2002, 00:33   #217
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 17:35
Guymener, you are protected from harm by Godunova, and sense you do not seek to gain land through conquest, such promises mean little. You would only be drawn senslessly into war by joining the Lima Pact...

Most graciously welcome, rans!
Old May 14, 2002, 00:34   #218
ranskaldan
Prince

frank:
or..... you could take over a territory from someone who's too inactive. That would include: Chowlett, Arrian, Morb, Dr. Stiby, Captain Antilles.

I'm not supposed to let you do that, but oh well, we could do with a little bit of spice. However, if any of them return, you will have to share power with them.
Old May 14, 2002, 00:34   #219
Frankychan
King

ok, where then?
Old May 14, 2002, 00:37   #220
ranskaldan
Prince

Chowlett: sri lanka
arrian: britain and ireland
morb: australia
dr. stiby: a lot of scattered places
captain antillles: new zealand
unclaimed: tasmania, antarctica

-----

No problem, Godunov.

Guymener, i wonder how the Godunovans can protect you from half a world away. Besides, just by staying out doesn't mean you can avoid conflict. The Finns eye you, whether you are neutral or not, and joining the Lima Pact can only mean further protection.
Old May 14, 2002, 00:39   #221
Frankychan
King

New Zealand for me then! (since it is split in two,

People's Republic of New Zealand...sounds interesting...
Old May 14, 2002, 00:40   #222
ranskaldan
Prince

great!

(note to self)
changes to the map are:
devilmunchkin is now allied to the finns
guymener signs mutual protection pact with godunov
new zealand changes "dynasties"
Old May 14, 2002, 00:42   #223
ranskaldan
Prince

very very late now.... see you all tomorrow.

: plays with dolphins :
Old May 14, 2002, 00:45   #224
Boris Godunov
Emperor

Guymener, my forces will be able to protect you no problem, if needed (you're strong enough, I believe, to fend off any such invasion anyway, I would just lend whatever support you asked of me). But I won't drag you needlessly into other wars.

Nice day, isn't it, rans?
Old May 14, 2002, 00:46   #225
Frankychan
King

Thanks! ranskaldan!

*News Flash!!!*

The democratic government of New Zealand has been overthrown by a military coup. The military regime, headed by General Frank, has declared itself free of the "evils" of capitalism and has declared itself a fully functioning communist state.

Their leader, General Frank, has been quoted as saying:

"This is a monumental event. No longer are we slaves to the dollar. No longer do we seek to exploit one another for monetary gain. The people have spoken and I have taken it upon myself to answer them!

I hereby declare the birth of The People's Republic of New Zealand!"
Old May 14, 2002, 00:46   #226
ranskaldan
Prince

indeed!

Guymener, let me just put it clear and simple since it's late and i msut go. Finland is Nazi Germany. You are England. We are America. Take your pick.
Old May 14, 2002, 00:53   #227
Boris Godunov
Emperor

Guymener, I would you like some free starburst?
Old May 14, 2002, 08:44   #228
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 03:35
Local Date: November 1, 2010
.Dom Pedro the 2nd, remember that we need those space franchises for minerals, gems , and also we'll be etablishing a place to run volountary social engineering tests. I will have the final say on all policy desicions considering the southern federation and both it's on and off-planet policies. ok?

Guynemer , if you join the Lima pact , you will also have the protection of my forward territorial troops in the region of Kamchatka & Sakhalin, that will provide a buffer zone against evil finnish encroachment tactics.
Old May 14, 2002, 09:00   #229
Frankychan
King

*News Flash!!!*

General Frank has formally declared himself Chairman Frank of the People's Republic of New Zealand. Reporters quote him saying:

"With the birth of a new day in New Zealand, the people ask for stability. Therefore, the SSRNZ (Soviet Social Republic of New Zealand) petitions to be included in the Honolulu Pact with Richelieu and Tungstenia.

As the newly appointed chairman, I humbly ask for the help of all communist states so that we may all join in the new Soviet regime."

There are reports of dissident protests in the countryside but Chairman Frank is steadfast that no protests are being staged. More late breaking news as it happens...
Old May 14, 2002, 10:24   #230
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 18:35
King Vlad History Guy sits up in his chair as Pigtree reads him the morning news. "What?! Commies in New Zealand??! COMMIES?! REDS!! Gag me with a spoon! Any Eastern European hates Commies...Commies...ooooh...they are almost as bad as Turks!!! Turks...ah, the good old days, when we use to take the Turks and stick them on..."

"What shall we do concerning the New Zealanders and this 'Chairman Frank'?"

"Well, we could also detonate that bomb in his imported Eastern European sausage...or we could make friends!"
---

A Message to Frank, Chairman of the People's Republic of New Zealand

Greetings!

You ain't commie are ya?

Anyway, how's about a nice friendly treaty to go with our trades? You've been sending us snowcones and we've been sending you sausages. Now, more is needed. Will you be brave enough to take on King Vlad History Guy in battle? I hope not...So, why don't you just avoid it and 'sign up today' as a friend of Eastern Europe and her allies?

Think it over, why dontcha!
King Vlad History Guy, of Historia Goy, Transylvania, Haaaah haaaaaah haaaaah!
---

A Letter in a Bottle bounces across the nose of a dolphin off Cuba

Hey, you dolphins! You sure made one heck of a mistake! There's always time to repent! If you don't change your ways, we'll add some DOLPHIN meat into the TUNA we ship!!

Signed,
Ahahahahahahaha!
King Vlad History Guy
---
Old May 14, 2002, 10:29   #231
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Guymener! Old chum! Have a cigar! Have a sausage! You aren't going to betray Europe for those upstart Yanks are you? Remember! They broke off when they were just a bloody little colony! Hey! We'll help build up your empire again if you ally with us! Lima only seeks to...give you a sense of security and then, in a lightning night raid, blow up all cricket fields, and land troops on Parliament!! Think of it!! Anyway, my own Secretary, Pigtree Olliphant-Jones, is a Brit. So, look at it this way, your friends are with us, not them!
Old May 14, 2002, 10:34   #232
Ari Rahikkala
King

Everybody has a people's republic... Why won't people think up any novel government systems? For the time being, the Duchy of Straylight is a monarchy with a feodalist system, however, that might change...
This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand
Old May 14, 2002, 10:39   #233
History Guy
King

...I don't think the dolphins have noticed the bits of dolphin in the tuna cans we sent yet!!...
Old May 14, 2002, 11:50   #234
ranskaldan
Prince

Guymener:

I have no idea why the Alaskans would want to identify themselves with the cricket-playing, tea-drinking, fox-hunting Brits. If anything it should be the Canucks who would do that, and we aren't, so why would you?

Besides, we aren't Yankees. The Yanks are in Antarctica. We are Canucks, eh, and I'm sure you can figure oat by yourselves that we are in the same boat together, same continent, same enemy, etc etc.
Old May 14, 2002, 12:16   #235
Guynemer
C4WDG The GooniesCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Local Time: 20:35
While I have always admired the Canadians, I am afeared that your new warlike stances might drag our peaceful Eco-Republic into a confrontation that we did not start--but we would most assuredly finish. Another mutual defense pact, perhaps, but we will enter into an arrangement that would require us to become conquerers.

We thank you, Boris Godunov.

President Guynemer
Eco-Republic of Alaska
Old May 14, 2002, 12:25   #236
History Guy
King

Oh pygmy...Britain! Do we have to go across the channel? Look at Eastern Europe, for example. Controls East Europe, Germany, and part of France. France is divided into quarters, the Eastern Quarter, the Finnish Quarter, and the Mongolian Quarter. The last quarter is reserved for Britain IF they join us in the Pact of All Pacts!!
Old May 14, 2002, 12:27   #237
Ari Rahikkala
King

Allright, Vlad, you just made it serious... Well, half so...

* EAST EUROPEAN NEWS *

NEWSFLASH: Manhunters spotted in Krecwazck-Zjkqa!

The peaceful sea-side village of Krecwazck-Zjkqa (empire of Eastern Europte) has been attacked by mysterious guerrilla invaders. Several civilians have been reported disappeared. Flags of the Duchy of Straylight ( http://www.lyseo.edu.ouka.fi/~lighte...ylightflag.png ) with the words "FAIR REVENGE" scribbled over have been found from the homes of the missing. We are also getting reports of consumed human skeletons being found from the coasts. EEN will keep you informed.

End special report.
This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand
Old May 14, 2002, 12:33   #238
History Guy
King

DOLPHIN NEWS FLASH!!

In the little dolphin underwater city of 'Squeak-Squeak-Gargle' several dolphins have mysteriously vanished. Apparently, Eugene Hoookle, a dolphin citizen, saw "guys in swim suits, snatching some of our aquatic neighbors". Scrawled on a doorpost is a little message reading "FAIR REVENGE ON THE AVENGERS". Horrifically, dolphin and tuna skeletons, eaten away to the bone, were found in caves outside the underwater village. One of the skeletons obviously belonged to Jimmy Gargle, a poor dolphin citizen snatched from his dining room. Reports will be released by the hour.
Old May 14, 2002, 12:53   #239
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

SUOMEN TIETOTOIMISTON (STT) UUTISIA

NEWSFLASH FROM THE FINNISH NEWS AGENCY (FNA)

Tensions between the members of the Pact of All Pacts and the Duchy of Stralight rise as our magnificent allies, the Eastern European Empire, and it's great leader Vlad History Guy, has aired his concern over the increased aggressiveness of the dolphin citizens of the Straylight Duchy.
Commander-Dictator-Chief President Kass could not be reached for a comment, his secretary only urged our reporters to shut up and let Kass listen to some theme music from Babylon 5...
Old May 14, 2002, 13:05   #240
Ari Rahikkala
King

The Citizens of the Duchy of Straylight thought of airing their concern of the mental health of Lesser President Kass, until they found out that their own leader, Duke LightEning, was again listening to the Machine...