Old May 14, 2002, 13:10   #241
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 03:35
Local Date: November 1, 2010

We great world leaders share obsessions, I see. Well, somewhat different targets, but obsessions nonetheless. Some evil overlords have obsessions towards the heroines of the story, some towards strange sexual fetishes, but some just love to sit down and listen to the same piece of music over and over again.
Old May 14, 2002, 13:31   #242
Ari Rahikkala
King

Heh heh. Maybe I should start making a personality for my character, just for the PRH of it...

Most of the time nobody really knew what the Duke of Straylight was doing. He spent hours every day buoying on the desolate waters of the high seas, where nothing but sea and sky stretched out several kilometers in every direction. All that others knew was that he just floated there, doing nothing in particular. When LightEning (damn I hate this name) was commanding his duchy, his orders clearly came from his base that was situated somewhere east from the Caribbean isles, but he was not in command for long periods of time; It was known that he tended to exit the base sometimes even every half an hour to swim to the surface and spend a few minutes or hours just watching the empty sea.

... nah, it just doesn't sound good. Not right for this thread.
This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand
Old May 14, 2002, 13:39   #243
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 18:35
Local Date: October 31, 2010
IN OTHER NEWS TODAY...

King Vlad History Guy was present today at the funeral of Verandah Macktooh, a reporter eaten by a dolphin while reporting from Krecwazck-Zjkqa.

Reporters have tried to ask King Vlad History Guy for an interview, but he says he's too busy listening to Enya music to be interrupted. Comrade Wooolerushki is showing growing concern over the fanatic devotion of several world leaders to their CDs.
Old May 14, 2002, 13:46   #244
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Reading the news, Chief President is utterly delighted to find out that King History has developed a taste for some very excellent music...

*sends 30 000 rabbits to EEE as a tribute*
Old May 14, 2002, 13:50   #245
Ari Rahikkala
King

Hearing about the music taste of King Vlad History Guy, Duke of Straylight LightEning has immediately ordered a complete cessation of hostilities towards the citizens of the Eastern European Empire and sent an apology to all the leaders of the Pact of All Pacts.
This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand
Old May 14, 2002, 13:53   #246
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Chief President Kass has accepted the Duchy's apology in behalf of the Pact of All Pacts.

And who said music can not bring world peace?
Old May 14, 2002, 13:59   #247
devilmunchkin
Warlord

Local Time: 00:35
ranskalden..yes but it's a special alliance. if it were a true alliance, woulnd't my people form an army that would be training under yours?
"Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy
Old May 14, 2002, 14:02   #248
Ari Rahikkala
King

"Luuletko että kitaraa
soittamalla voi parantaa maailmaa?
En tiedä onko näin,
mutta ainakin soitan sitä oikeinpäin..."

-- Eppu Normaali's tribute to Jimi Hendrix
Old May 14, 2002, 14:05   #249
Kassiopeia
Emperor

* Is arsed to remember that Eppu Normaali song about Joe Fogerty *
Old May 14, 2002, 14:18   #250
Ari Rahikkala
King

Hmm... well, thanks for correcting me.

* goes to bang the knowledge into head *
Old May 14, 2002, 14:23   #251
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Reminding you? Your quote was fine, I just can't remember a verse from Eppu Normaali's song "Joe Fogerty".
Old May 14, 2002, 14:33   #252
Ari Rahikkala
King

Ahmwell... OK then...
Old May 14, 2002, 16:05   #253
ranskaldan
Prince

Local Time: 19:35
devilmunchkin:

huh?
if i'm not wrong, you are allied with kassiopeia.
that means, you're allied against me, not with me.

In the meantime,
Chancellor ranskaldan listens to trance music, a sign that he is undergoing steady brain deterioration under the influence of the E.E.E. and their ungodly music.
Old May 14, 2002, 16:07   #254
devilmunchkin
Warlord

no no no.
ranskaldan: the terms are this...
kassio[ei privides military defense for me in case anyone else gets it in their heads to try and attack my paradise. in return, she gets an ass load of coconuts. I made it a stipulation though, that my islands were free to anyone wanting to visit or make new agreements.
"Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy
Old May 14, 2002, 16:10   #255
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
kassio provides military defense for me in case anyone else gets it in their heads to try and attack my paradise. in return, she gets an ass load of coconuts. I made it a stipulation though, that my islands were free to anyone wanting to visit or make new agreements.
Who are you sending them coconuts to?! I want them! ME!

Old May 14, 2002, 16:14   #256
ranskaldan
Prince

ah,
i get it.
Very nice

Oh yes, devilmunchkin, are you going to name your empire, or am i going to leave it as "Devilmunchkin"?
Old May 14, 2002, 16:19   #257
Dom Pedro II
King

Dalgetti : I accept the offer you've made.

I think that given our advantageous position near the equator (where gravity has the least effect), we must begin space exploitation immediately. With those resources we could extract from Mars (maybe you ought to claim the moon too), the Southern Federation has the potential to be quite powerful .

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...
Old May 14, 2002, 16:26   #258
devilmunchkin
Warlord

i....sorry..i thought you were a female kass....perhaps cause one of my best friend had the name of Cassie...so....doh! you're a he???? doh!
ranskaldan: lemme think on that and i'll come up with a better name.
Old May 14, 2002, 16:34   #259
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by devilmunchkin
i....sorry..i thought you were a female kass....perhaps cause one of my best friend had the name of Cassie...so....doh! you're a he???? doh!
No sweat. This has happened before.
Old May 14, 2002, 16:37   #260
ranskaldan
Prince

MAP UPDATED.

* THE LIMA PACT
Dalgetti - The Southern Federation.
.Dom Pedro II - Province of Brazil & Mars
Ranskaldan/KrazyHorse - New Canada & Káladar Confederation
Boris Godunov - Empire of Godunova
.Hobbes - Province of Zululand
Lightening - Duchy of Straylight

LaRusso - Former Colony of Serbia (conquered by Southern Federation)

* THE HONOLULU PACT
Richelieu - The North Pacific & Central America
Drake Tungsten - The South Pacific

* "THE PACT OF ALL PACTS"
Kassiopeia - Greater Finland, & The Province of Kassland
.Zevico - Province of Uzbekistan
.Ade - Province of Adenia
.Aaglo/Kassiopeia - Province of Aagloland
.Mercator - Province of Greater Mongolia
History Guy - Empire of Eastern Europe

Orange - Former Mozambique (conquered by Godunova)

Eli - Greater Israel & the Province of Eliland

Guymener - EcoRepublic of Alaska
***mutual protection pact with Godunovan Empire.

Devilmunchkin - East Indies
***"coconut" pact with Greater Finland.

Rand Al'Tor - former Roman Empire (hurriedly partitioned between Eastern Europe & Kaladar)

Dr. Stiby - Senegal; Gambia; West Indies; New Caledonia; Djibouti

frankychan - People's Republic of New Zealand
***Honolulu Pact membership pending

Morb - Australia minus Tasmania

Captain Antilles - "Lew" Zealand (overthrown)

Arrian - Britain & Ireland

Blisterz - Newfoundland

Sirotnikov - Palestine Liberation Organisation

Osweld - Savannahland

Adalbertus/Ecthelion - former Greater Germany (overrun by Eastern Europe)

Chowlett - Ceylon

Slowwhand - Jamaica

unclaimed regimes - Australians in Tasmania; United States of "America"
Old May 14, 2002, 16:39   #261
ranskaldan
Prince

devilmunchkin, still having problems with the map?

if so, does anyone know another webspace hosting site?
Old May 14, 2002, 16:45   #262
devilmunchkin
Warlord

yeah...still a big huge blue box with a little red x in the upper left corner
Old May 14, 2002, 16:46   #263
ranskaldan
Prince

try copying the url and pasting it into a new window.
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/chelladuu...iew=t&.hires=t

or try clicking on it in this post.
Old May 14, 2002, 16:47   #264
ranskaldan
Prince

(deleted)
see below
Old May 14, 2002, 16:50   #265
ranskaldan
Prince

ok, i think i've got it

type the following into a new browser window:
briefcase.yahoo.com/chelladuur/
navigate into the "world" folder
download world10.zip
unzip.

does that work?
Old May 14, 2002, 17:00   #266
devilmunchkin
Warlord

i don't think i can do that since it's your account
Old May 14, 2002, 18:49   #267
Mercator
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 02:35
Mercator returns from his holiday in former Indonesia and is happy to find his territory still in tact, but is a bit concerned with the new-formed alliances.

After a long and bloody fight, the combined forces of Kassland and Greater Mongolia retake the Southern province and the Korean peninsula. Mercator takes the liberty of extending his rule over the rest of China (ex. Tibet), the CIS (ex. Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan which is gifted to Zevico), Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iran. Parties are thrown throughout Greater Mongolia. A selection of the finest Mongolian products is sent to the GF government, its vassals and allies.

The South of China remains occupied by Kalada.
Old May 14, 2002, 18:51   #268
devilmunchkin
Warlord

dm says: mercator...ack! keep your pooh away...but any refugees are welcome to make their home in my paradise
Old May 14, 2002, 19:06   #269
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 14:35
As Chairman Frank watches the magnificent military parade performed in his honor in the capital city of New Plymouth, a messenger hands him a telegram. Frank begins his response:

---
Kia Ora Vlad History Guy! [that means hello]

Yes I am a "Commie" as you say. Eastern Europe has a history of Communist tendencies so I will take this as a sign of good will. Unfortunately, my people need guns and munitions to defend ourselves against the regime of Dr. Stilby's transgression based in New Caledonia. If he does not stop his continued violation of Soviet New Zealand territory, I will be forced to attack him.

Therefore, I ask for weapons and munitions in return for New Zealand margarita's and pina colada's!
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old May 14, 2002, 19:15   #270
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 14:35
Chairman Frank dispatches another message to devilmunchkin in
the former Indonesia-

---
Comrade Devilmunchkin!

Salutations, I am Chairman Frank of the PRNZ. I propose we ally ourselves so that we may better reap the rewards of wine, women, and song!

Do you wish to join forces so we may improve our people's conditions?
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis