View Poll Results: How do you plan on getting ahold of the XP?
willingly/happily pay for it soon after release 24 48.98%
reluctanly/angrily pay for it soon after release 2 4.08%
happily/non remorsefully pirate it soon after release 8 16.33%
reluctanly/guiltily pirate it soon after release 1 2.04%
wait for reviews before deciding to pay for it happily 6 12.24%
wait for reviews before deciding to pay for it angrily 2 4.08%
pirate the game well after release non remorsefully 1 2.04%
pirate the game well after release guitily 0 0%
have no intentions of playing the XP 2 4.08%
other 3 6.12%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 15, 2002, 10:42   #31
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 01:39
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Playing Devils Advocate I would suggest that you're getting nearly a 50% turnout in favour of immediate purchase because with few exceptions the Apolyton readers who dislike Civ III have departed or reduced their presence here to a minimum. You'd certainly have got a lot more votes in this poll a month after release.
Old May 15, 2002, 11:36   #32
Austin
Warlord

Local Time: 00:39
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I feel somewhat pissed off, because we were all told that a scenario editor and multiplayer would be a part of the original game package.

In my mind that is basically false advertising, like GM selling me a car that supposedly includes air conditioning, but then forcing me to buy the A/C compressor seperately.

However I am not going to be pirating it, because in my mind two wrongs do not make a right.

I will buy the XP pack when it hits the bargain bin, purely for the scenario editor, and because I'm curious about this "turnless" multiplayer thing.

And to see whether hotseat multiplayer still has the idiotic "can't see enemy moves, so your cities just dissapear" thing from Civ II multiplayer.

Austin
Old May 15, 2002, 17:30   #33
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 20:39
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Re: Re: And your a reason why.....
Quote:
Originally posted by Dida

Don't blame me for your financial problem, kid.
In a way I DO blame you and everyone like you for having to pay more for things that I REALLY shouldn't have to pay as much for. I DO blame you and your kind for retail outlets planning for a percentage of shrink each month and charging the regular customers (ME) for the cost involved.

Quote:
Ask your own papa or mama for why they could not provide you with a T1 connection so you can download cool stuff like everyone else.
I haven't asked my parents for anything from the time that I graduated from HS in 1979 (probibly before you where born), up to today.

I also have had a DSL connection for more about 3 years, It's fast enough for me.

Quote:
Also, try to ask them to take you to a doctor, (take the bus if your family does not effort to own a car). You need some rigorous medical treatment to curve your mental problem. You're jealous at other people, who have super fast connection, and get all his games for free and drive a BMW Z9. Just because you are not lucky enough to do this, doesn't mean you need to express your sorrow and pathetic jealousy by barking like a *****.
Did I hit a nerve there? Sounds like someone who's feeling guilty.
I'm angry, not jealous, BIG DIFFERENCE! I'm more a Saturn Man myself. Do you have a physical difficiency that you are trying to make up for? I'm happy with what I've got, and I don't try to induce bad karma upon myself by stealing things from others. Yes, it's nice to be able to have more, but atleast I have the maturity and wisdom to know when I have to wait to get something and when I can effectively afford it.

Quote:
Go buy the game! I own MICROPROSE's stock, and it is people like you who keep my incoming flowing.
I already have Civ II. Have you checked the price of Microprose stock recently? I'd get out ASAP (oh, they are already defunct? my that stock is worthless now)!

As for getting the XP for Civ III (keeping to the real topic here), I'll wait to see what is really available for my money and most likely wait until it's first patch is released. If it's all that it hopes to be, then my waiting will put me behind the curve of making scenerios (I just hope someone doesn't make the ones I'd like to make before I get a chance to).

E_T