Old May 14, 2002, 16:34   #1
walruskkkch
King

Local Time: 19:42
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Migration
Instead of cities being flipped due to culture why not have citizens be able to migrate to your cities to make them grow faster? The last citizen in defunct town please turn off the lights.
Old May 14, 2002, 16:58   #2
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

that would have been the sensible thing to do, and many people proposed it, but firaxis didnt listen. having population points migrate from city to city (even if within the SAME empire) would have been a better way to impliment culture flipping.
Old May 14, 2002, 19:33   #3
zulu9812
King

Local Time: 00:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
i think culture flipping is great - it encourages all those warmongerers to stop and think about their people, rather than killing and enslaving everyone else.
I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up
Old May 14, 2002, 19:40   #4
Cyclotron
Never Ending StoriesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Since a few extra/fewer population points is basically meaningless, using migration instead of flipping would make culture basically meaningless. Migration may make more sense, but flipping makes culture an important concern and occupation a real task instead of a cake walk.
Old May 14, 2002, 20:58   #5
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by cyclotron7
Since a few extra/fewer population points is basically meaningless, using migration instead of flipping would make culture basically meaningless. Migration may make more sense, but flipping makes culture an important concern and occupation a real task instead of a cake walk.
i hardly would consider a population point being taken away from me and given to an enemy to be a cake walk, especially if i have a communist / despotism rush-buy system.
Old May 15, 2002, 07:21   #6
Jethro83
Prince

Local Time: 10:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Bits and pieces of both migration and culture flipping should have been implemented. I'm sure that there are people who'd rather stay where they are, yet go and let the culturally superior neighbour rule. Maybe size 1 cities flip, and cities with higher population, lose their pop points to the nearby culturally superior city until it reaches size 1 (the size where it can flip in this system). It would at least give warning to you about the possibility of a flip, when your people are starting to disappear, and the neighbouring city is all-of-a-sudden much bigger. Still, the cultural advisor should give such warnings herself.