Old May 14, 2002, 19:33   #1
Zealot
King

Local Time: 01:44
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Happy Birthday Osama bin Laden!
Hey, he's 49 today! Well, that's what the Apolyton database says...

I bet some moderator swept the dirt under the carpet and let the job unfinished!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	obl.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	15417  
Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1
Old May 14, 2002, 19:45   #2
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 11:44

Good thing you included the proof
Old May 15, 2002, 07:47   #3
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 00:44
Ah - but he has a post count of zero - what's the betting on DL?

SG[1]
Old May 15, 2002, 09:13   #4
MattHiggs
King

OBL was a Civ 2 MP player but he left when Civ 3 was released because of all the n00b westeners. Not heard much from him since, but he says he is quite famous.
Old May 15, 2002, 11:24   #5
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 19:44
Local Date: October 31, 2010
yeah, they killed osama bin laden and OBL and a bunch of other osama DL's a long time ago. the mods just permabanned them because they didn't want people to use the name again
Old May 15, 2002, 12:09   #6
Zealot
King

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
yeah, they killed osama bin laden and OBL and a bunch of other osama DL's a long time ago. the mods just permabanned them because they didn't want people to use the name again
Then why is it still in the database?
Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1
Old May 15, 2002, 12:40   #7
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 18:44
Because they're just permabanned, not deleted. Same reason why YYYH and Stewart Spink still exist.
Old May 15, 2002, 13:49   #8
Zealot
King

Quote:
Originally posted by ixnay37
Because they're just permabanned, not deleted.
Yes, we've read that already, thank you ixnay. What I was asking was what is a handle that no one will ever use again, and that had all his posts deleted doing in the database?

And in case you didn't get it, I started this thread to point out that the creator of this DL even bothered to put a birth day when registering.
Hey!
This is a good one to put in the You know you spend too much time at Apolyton when... thread!
...you put a birth day in your DLs!
What a bunch of wackos!
Old May 15, 2002, 14:56   #9
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Is there a Saddam Hussein? I'm sure his birthday was a month or so ago.
Old May 15, 2002, 18:42   #10
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 20:44
Saw Benito Mussolini's birthday on another messga eboard. Thought it was funny.
Old May 15, 2002, 20:23   #11
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

The question is - did they get them correct?
"They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara
Old May 15, 2002, 22:18   #12
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 11:44
Now that would be scary, bothering to get the date right.
Old May 15, 2002, 22:26   #13
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 20:44
Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
Now that would be scary, bothering to get the date right.
Not *that* scary...
Old May 16, 2002, 00:37   #14
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Quote:
Originally posted by Zealot

Yes, we've read that already, thank you ixnay. What I was asking was what is a handle that no one will ever use again, and that had all his posts deleted doing in the database?
so that no one else can ever use that handle again. if they got deleted, then hypothetically, I could make a OBL DL. get it now? this way there will never be a post by osama bin laden on the boards ever.
Old May 16, 2002, 18:53   #15
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Quote:
Originally posted by Chowlett
The question is - did they get them correct?
No - at least this person didn't.

Osama was born in 1957, which would make him 45.