Old May 19, 2002, 21:19   #91
tinyp3nis
Prince

Local Time: 03:44
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by zulu9812
Yo Hazie - what's wrong with the early game? It gives your empire a history, and I, at least, end up caring more about what happens to it than if I happened to start off in control of a continent-sized empire. With the scenario editor promised in the XP, you could do just that - but then all the hard work's been done for you; all you have to do is assume control of a very big, very powerful empire.
Yo zulu -what's wrong with hazie having fun?
I consider reloading cheating, i do it alot. I play other mp games, and never cheat in them because i want to win clean, and thats the fun way, but vs comp i want to have fun too, and i dont care then if i cheat. If i go 1 turn short of a wonder, i reload bit earlier to get it. If i forget to entertain my city and it goes berserk i reload, i dont care. I know i can beat the levels i am playing without reloading, but i dont want to. And haze, yes its very good for practice, unlike zulu said. I allways reload many times when i start a world war because i want to see the biggest mess i can cause. If u dont like to reload, dont do it. How many times this has to be said that do what ever u want as long u dont hurt anybody?
Old May 20, 2002, 02:10   #92
kimmygibler
Warlord

Local Time: 17:44
Local Date: October 31, 2010
It's only cheating if there is someone to cheat. If you're playing by yourself simply for entertainment, there is no possible way to cheat.
Old May 20, 2002, 02:21   #93
Jethro83
Prince

Local Time: 10:44
Quote:
Originally posted by kimmygibler
It's only cheating if there is someone to cheat. If you're playing by yourself simply for entertainment, there is no possible way to cheat.
Couldn't agree more.

Even though I don't save until I exit, and only load when I start up Civ III (I'm too lazy to save every turn or so), I never believed it to be cheating.
Old May 20, 2002, 04:00   #94
zulu9812
King

Local Time: 00:44
Quote:
Originally posted by tinyp3nis
Yo zulu -what's wrong with hazie having fun?
Actually, my point was that playing the early game makes Civ3 fun for me, because it gives my civ some history. It's not the same if you assume control of an already-developed empire - it wouldn't matter to me as much as if I'd guided that empire through famine, war, revolution, culture flips, etc.
I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up
Old May 20, 2002, 13:38   #95
Oligarf
Warlord

Local Time: 01:44
You can cheat on the computer, I don't think you can deny that. But whether it's cheating or not is not interesting, and I fully agree with you guys here, everyone decides for himself what he thinks is fun.