Old May 16, 2002, 11:31   #1
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 19:48
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Never Ending Chiron Development
okay, this is pretty much a interactive fiction/democracy/history game i trying to create... i may as well post it elsewhere as the at Fiction don't see to interested... just need feedback there still many parts i still need to write up and some needs more working out.

i started doing this since i check out the never ending stories at civfanatics forum.

so what does people think?

GENERAL GAME RULES and SETTINGS

-the game is base on the SMAC/X universe
-Each game turn equals to one game year which equals to one real day.
-the game will start in the year 2120 with seven factions: Peacekeepers, University, Morganites, Spartans, Hive, Gaians and Believers. The Alien Crossfire factions will start off as split off factions once the player start playing them. Only the Usurpers and Caretakers will crash land when atleast one player choses one of them...once they do, SMAX techs will be allowed. Custom factions are allowed, but please discuss it with me via PM.
-SMAC factions will start off with (2 + Growth) Bases, (number of bases x Support) of Units, (Game Years since 2100 x Economy) Energy credits, and (1 + Research + faction bonus techs) Technologies. SMAX and Custom factions start with (one base recently establish not very far from parent faction OR whatever amount of bases split off from the parent faction [discuss with Mod and Player of parent faction]) Bases, ( 3 + Support OR [if bases seperated] number of bases x parent faction Support) of Units, (25% subtracted from Parent Faction's Energy) Energy Credits and (parent faction Techs + faction bonus techs) Technologies. Usurpers and Caretakers start out with 1 Base, 5 Units, 100 Energy Credits and (2 + Research + faction bonus techs) Technologies.
-The game will be played on the Chiron map which will be roughly updated by a moderator or volunteer in the Datalinks thread.
-There will be three threads: NEC Discussion, NEC Game and NEC Datalinks. For any opinions, feedback, general discussion and etc please do so at the Discussion thread. Game thread is for the story only and minimal OOC allowed. Datalinks is where all stats, rules, map, infortion and etc will be updated. Please mark which game year some peticular stat like Map, Bases, Social Engineering, Technologies, Energy, and etc as been last updated...so don't need to update it everyday, but will do so by using the game year as reference when the peticular stat needs to be updated.
-Honesty, Common Sense and Consideration of other Players is required.
-Please be realistic people
-It is possible to go beyond the SMAC/X standards like new tech ideas or new form of government or etc, but should be discussed first in the Discussion thread or simply PM the main moderator with your idea.
-Have Fun!

Okay, I need like another moderator to help start this thing out...once development is finish.

another thing i need is a minimap of Chiron...trace out in black lines with white background saved as BMP if possible as i don't have Adobe Photoshop here (and not allowed to download it if i even could with this slow comp and modem) to do it myself. Just needed it so I or some volunteer can roughly update it of current faction territories.

what do you people think so far? interested to help out?

-Mellian
Old May 16, 2002, 23:49   #2
Mellian
Queen

Okay, here is what i have worked out and written so far. please comment

-Mellian

GENERAL GAME RULES and SETTINGS

-the game is base on the SMAC/X universe
-Each game turn equals to one game year which equals to one real day.
-the game will start in the year 2120 with seven factions: Peacekeepers, University, Morganites, Spartans, Hive, Gaians and Believers. The Alien Crossfire factions will start off as split off factions once the player start playing them. Only the Usurpers and Caretakers will crash land when atleast one player choses one of them...once they do, SMAX techs will be allowed. Custom factions are allowed, but please discuss it with me via PM.
-SMAC factions will start off with (2 + Growth) Bases, (number of bases x Support) of Units, (Game Years since 2100 x Economy) Energy credits, and (1 + Research + faction bonus techs) Technologies. SMAX and Custom factions start with (one base recently establish not very far from parent faction OR whatever amount of bases split off from the parent faction [discuss with Mod and Player of parent faction]) Bases, ( 3 + Support OR [if bases seperated] number of bases x parent faction Support) of Units, (25% subtracted from Parent Faction's Energy) Energy Credits and (parent faction Techs + faction bonus techs) Technologies. Usurpers and Caretakers start out with 1 Base, 5 Units, 100 Energy Credits and (2 + Research + faction bonus techs) Technologies.
-will gain a new technology every (7 - Research bonus) days. It will also be possible for another player to sabotage the research process, which may lead to waiting slightly longer for the tech or restart from scratch.
-The game will be played on the Chiron map which will be roughly updated by a moderator or volunteer in the Datalinks thread.
-There will be three threads: NEC Discussion, NEC Game and NEC Datalinks. For any opinions, feedback, general discussion and etc please do so at the Discussion thread. Game thread is for the story only and minimal OOC allowed. Datalinks is where all stats, rules, map, infortion and etc will be updated. Please mark which game year some peticular stat like Map, Bases, Social Engineering, Technologies, Energy, and etc as been last updated...so don't need to update it everyday, but will do so by using the game year as reference when the peticular stat needs to be updated.
-Honesty, Common Sense and Consideration of other Players is required.
-Please be realistic people
-It is possible to go beyond the SMAC/X standards like new tech ideas or new form of government or etc, but should be discussed first in the Discussion thread or simply PM the main moderator with your idea.
-Have Fun!

GAME ACTIONS

This is pretty simple, each player gets 5 actions per turn/real day. Meaning, one action can be a Military or Diplomatic or Industrial or Economic or Internal or Colonial or etc action. You pretty much say what your faction is doing in that action and then, depending on the faction, will use the fudge system (which will be explained later) to figure out the result by considering various positive and negative factors.

Here is an example of an Action which you would post in the story thread:

Action 1 of Year 2134: Border Reinforcement

Five Laser Infantry Units from Morgan Bank will go to reinforce the Morgan-Drone border.

of course, you can be more creative and descriptive, but doesn't have to be. Being descriptive thought may give you some bonuses more on that later

Action 2 of Year 2134: Invasion of Scuba City

The Third Corp (10 Laser Infantry Units and 5 Laser Rover Units) will move in to attack the Data Angel's Scuba City base from Morgan Aerospace...

(can attached a minimap pointing out the target and where your forces will be moving from if you want...)

Determinants: seriously only need to do this if it not obvious that you will win or made some pre-arrange plan with the defending player. The game is ment to develop a story, so don't go off chicking out by avoiding major risks or moves that you may lose .
+2 Outnumber the defenders by 3 to 1
+1 Surprise Attack
+1 Infantry vs Base
+1 Average Weapon vs Average Armor
-1 Enemy Sensors
-1 Enemy Border Defences
-1 Up hill
(and so on)
Total: (2+1+1+1-1-1-1) = +2

...which they will succeed with 1/3 losses.

Action 3 of Year 2134: Naval Expansion (turn 1 of 2)

The bases along the east coast (4 Bases) are to start constructing Laser Foils to expand the Naval Corps (each base as access to 3 Minerals, so about 4 Foils a turn).

Action 4 of Year 2134: Secret Project (turn 3 of 10)

The Merchant Exchange is proceeding well at Morgan Industries

Action 5 of Year 2134: Research

Morganite Scientists are to start researching Applied Physics.

need to spend an Action to say what your faction is currently researching, which they will get in (7 - Research) turns.
Old May 16, 2002, 23:50   #3
Mellian
Queen

Do realize this system i trying to work can be use as Civ game, or any other theme of game.

-Mellian