Old May 17, 2002, 17:35   #1
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 18:51
Local Date: October 31, 2010
SUNES-Storywriters' Union NES
Rotten999 (massilia) is moderator, I will be in charge of updating the map (like in SNESA). THere is some discussion about some awards, but nothing official for now. Each day is 1 year, game starts in 280 BC. HEre are the rules:

Science:
Eras:
Early ancient=warriors, archers, and chariots.
Middle ancient=all but catapults
LAte ancient=catapults reinforce all units, all are a bit tougher.
Early middle ages=pikemen and knights

Rate:
TEch rate is determined by size, govt, and historical info. In general, german/gaul nations and citystates are slow, large monarchies are medium, and republics are fast. If a citystate gets a lot of territory they can become medium. Turning republic usually makes you go up one level, as does greatly increasing your size. GErman confederacies are always slow.
slow tech=advance 1/3 era every 10 days.
medium tech=advance 1/3 era every 7 days.
fast tech=advance 1/3 era every 4 days.

Military:
War/battle:
All major battles (tiny skirmishes don't count) must be calculated by Rotten. This means if he is not on the game can go quite slow. THis will help make it a bit slower than SNESA.

Units:
No resources are required. Macedon has hoplites, Rome legionaries. Elephants are 2/2/2 and have a 40% cahnce of dying in mountains. They require the untradable elephant resource foung on the eastern edge of Seleucia, southern edge of egypt, and right outside carthage. However, it is very costly and risky to use them unless the battlefield is near your heartland (so if Rome gets carthage elephants cannot be used efficiently in Macedon or GErmany, for example).

Diplomacy:
Mostly unlimited. COntact and a full 1/3rd era or possibly more specific tech (though that might make it a bit complicated) can be traded. Units can be traded. ALL diplomacy must be done in this thread. Negotiations can be said to be secret for story purposes but no PM or other truly secret negotiations.

GOvernments:
MOnarchy is the normal govt. GErman COnfederation is not truly a united nation but a bunch of germanic tribes. THey cannot create a strong united army. The disunity also makes it very difficult to switch to a different govt. Republic has fast science but wars are hard to wage. Reality police (everyone) should make sure no republic has a huge war without major domestic unrest

Notes: Syracuse is very advanced because of archimedes, but overwhelming force could conquer it. If they survive a week they will get pikemen and knights (!).
THe Pyrrhians represent Pyrrhus who invaded rome but got driven out. His army is near death, but some could be salvaged if someone in greece is friendly to them and lets them cross and land in their territory.

Civs:

West GErman/native iberians (magenta):
Small, backwards army
Small navy
GErman confederacy
Early ancient
Slow tech
No war, only contact with gauls, central germans, and carthage.

Carthage (dark green):
Medium army
Large navy
monarchy
middle ancient
medium tech
No war, contact with all but central and east germans

central germans (maroon, Metaliturtle has claimed):
small, backwards army
small navy
german confederation
early ancient
slow tech
no war, contact with other germans, gauls

Gauls (purple-blue):
medium, backwards army
no navy
monarchy
earky ancient
medium tach
war with rome, contact with rome, west and central germans, massilia, carthage.

Massilia (pink and little, Rotten999 (moderator)):
Small but 95% defensive military (citystates need to be tough to survive)
no navy
monarchy
middle ancient
slow tech
no war, know carthage, rome, and gauls

Rome (red, Sovy Kurosei):
Large army
No navy
Republic
middle ancient
fast tech
war with pyrrhians, gauls, know gauls, carthage, pyrrhians, syracuse, delphi, and macedon

Pyrrhians (sea green):
small, almost entirely offensive army
tiny navy
monarchy
middle ancient
slow tech
war with rome, know rome, macedon, and delphi

SYracuse (blue, claimed by civman2000):
medium, very advanced but defensive army
small navy
monarchy
late ancient
medium tech
know rome, carthage

East Germans (grey):
small, backwards army
amall navy
german federation
early ancient
slow tech
know central germans only, no war

Macedon (green, trickey):
Medium army
Medium navy
Monarchy
Middle ancient
medium tech
know rome, pyrrhians, Carthage, Delphi, Sparta, Rhodes, Galatia, egypt, and Seleucids, no war

Delphi (light blue):
Medium, defensive army
SMall navy
Monarchy
Middle ancient
slow tech
no war, know macedon sparta pyrrhians romans rhodes and carthage.

Sparta (brown):
Medium, defensive army
No navy
Monarchy
Middle ancient
slow tech
no war, know macedon delphi pyrrhians and carthage.

RHodes (orange, claimed by cbraund):
Small army
Medium navy
monarchy
Middle ancient
slow tech
no war, know carthage macedon delphi seleucids and egypt.

GAlatia (other brown):
medium defensive but backwards army
no navy
monarchy
early ancient
slow tech
no war, know Macedon and Seleucids.

Seleucids (dark blue):
large army
small navy
monarchy
middle ancient
medium tech
no war, know egypt galatia macedon rhodes and carthage.

Egyptians (light yellow):
Medium army
Medium navy
Monarchy
middle ancient
medium tech
no war, know carthage macedon rhodes and seleucids.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	euro.gif
Views:	168
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	15599  

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal

Last edited by civman2000; May 17, 2002 at 18:19.
Old May 17, 2002, 17:43   #2
Rotten999
Warlord

Additional Moderator comments: Army size in units is 2 per increment (tiny/small/medium/large/huge. It's assumed all armies are 50/50 offense defense, unless specifically specified otherwise. Defenders get a 50% bonus to defense if they are defending a city or strongpoint and not trying to fight in the field. Such a defensive stance leaves one open for pillaging.

Generally games come to a head around 4-6 pm CST, so that when I'll decide the major combats. Any such combat should be in BOLD in your posts, so I don't miss it.
Old May 17, 2002, 17:43   #3
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

as king Heron of syracuse I send out sailing missions in attempts to contact rhodes, sparta, macedon, and delphi. I also have sent an emmissary to carthage offering to possibly give technology in exchange for the rest of Sicily.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old May 17, 2002, 17:53   #4
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

Local Time: 20:51
i would like to play and be macedon
Old May 17, 2002, 17:56   #5
civman2000
Emperor

ok

Old May 17, 2002, 18:19   #6
civman2000
Emperor

new rule: ALL diplomacy must be done in this thread. Negotiations can be said to be secret for story purposes but no PM or other truly secret negotiations.

Old May 17, 2002, 18:20   #7
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

An emmisary from Syracuse has arrived in Macedon. Small trades are completed. Jeb, the King of Mecedon, finds the people from syracuse very likeable and sends emmicary to Syracuse to speek with king in hopes of arranging larger trades.
Old May 17, 2002, 18:31   #8
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 19:51
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
Macken Schloffen, Glorious Ruler of Central Germany calls to the German tribes to unite in an effort to expand our technology faster, ((each of us researches a different tech and then sends the information to the others.)) Central Germany Colonizes all the land between it and Greece.

MACKEN
Old May 17, 2002, 19:05   #9
Thrusters
Warlord

Seleucids can i play as them
Old May 17, 2002, 19:08   #10
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
No PM diplomacy??!! then WHY PLAY???
Old May 17, 2002, 19:10   #11
Thrusters
Warlord

So can i play has Seleucids

or what contrie can i play as,.??
Old May 17, 2002, 19:19   #12
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

*Ponders if the Reality Police will object to a female leader*

Aw Civman, what was wrong with my map
Old May 17, 2002, 19:38   #13
cbraund
Prince

Local Time: 00:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Wait, if anyone hasn't take Carthage, I'd rather have them than Rhodes! They have a larger army, navy and tech rate!

Chris
Old May 17, 2002, 19:41   #14
trickey
Prince

ooc: its says that rome is at war with alot of countries. is that right?
Old May 17, 2002, 19:45   #15
cbraund
Prince

If I've got Carthage:

Prince Hannibal, regent of Carthage since his father, King Cannibal, went insane and tried eating people, thus leading to the new term "cannibal"(), orders his people to explore and colonise all of North Africa that they can, especially the south west.

Hannibal
Old May 17, 2002, 19:50   #16
cbraund
Prince

And Carthage would welcome the trade of technology, preferably help to get quickly to the late ancient age, in return for the rest of Sicily.

And also, if they were to help us speed up our tech, we would sign a mutual protection pact with them, guaranteeing our large navy and army would help them against any aggressor. The only nations with a larger army than Carthage are Rome and Selecuids(sp?!), and neither has the naval power to get to you.

Basically, a MPP with us could guarantee your safety.

Hannibal
Old May 17, 2002, 19:56   #17
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

BTW, where is the Pyrrians?
Old May 17, 2002, 20:00   #18
trickey
Prince

'King, these poeple from Syracuse, they seem very,... very,... like us" said King Jeb's forien advisor "also, they have formidiable military with many reasources and technologies that could make our nation prosper should we trade them in exchange for our goods and technologies. I suggest we become good friens with them and hopefully our nations will rule the world."

"What you say is very inviting" replied the king "i have heared of this new idea i beilieve they call it a mutual protection pact. It means we would come to each others aid in the case of an attack froma third party. Please to propose that our nation sigh one of these protection pact with Syracuse"

A mutual protection pact has been offered to Syracuse and King Jeb is waiting for a response.
Old May 17, 2002, 21:11   #19
civman2000
Emperor

anyone can take any unclaimed countrty. I make the agreement wtih carthage if they promise to be VERY CAUTIOUS about giving it to anyone else, especially rome with their fast tech. i will assume you will accept this and include it on the map

Old May 17, 2002, 21:16   #20
civman2000
Emperor

map. i'm assumng that colonizing unclaimed areas is a slow process, especially becaue the german tribes are still pretty unorganized and are inefficient, and carthage is trying to colonize a mostly desert area. I'm not gonna bother updating the 1st post much because itll get swamped and people can post their own data about change in military strength. For example, now having to cover a larger area, Syracuse has began building an offensive military. They are still only medium but now only 60% is defensive
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	euro.gif
Views:	106
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	15604  

Old May 17, 2002, 21:27   #21
Cinna
Warlord

all--

hi, im new, but I have read a lot of the stories here, all very good does anyone object if I take Delphi? They are small and peace loving so they won't cause much trouble.
Old May 17, 2002, 21:28   #22
trickey
Prince

(( i have no problem with you taking delphi))
Old May 17, 2002, 21:52   #23
civman2000
Emperor

as i said, anyone can take any unclaimed nation

Old May 17, 2002, 21:55   #24
trickey
Prince

((civman you going to respond?))
Old May 17, 2002, 22:01   #25
civman2000
Emperor

i just did!

Old May 17, 2002, 22:03   #26
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

CIVMAN!

Where the HECK is the Pyrrians? From the information you provided, they look like they are inland by the Seluicids.
Old May 17, 2002, 22:11   #27
civman2000
Emperor

huh?? That's brown, the galatians! "Sea Green" is that pukish color in the heel of italy

Old May 17, 2002, 22:13   #28
trickey
Prince

(( civman, i meant to my offer for an mpp))
Old May 17, 2002, 22:13   #29
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

No, thats the Macedonians!
Old May 17, 2002, 22:16   #30
civman2000
Emperor

Those colors, though quite similar, are slightly different. ZOom in on it to see the difference!