Old May 21, 2002, 18:46   #181
cbraund
Prince

Local Time: 00:52
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Giovanni Wine
Giovannurk is not happy!

I send a letter to Heron, Cinna, Pleb, Hannibal and Syn in order to make the dispute settle and peace to win.

"We are an alliance made to seek peace and common wealth" declare Giovannurk in his letter "Let's not let war ruin everything"

Saluti
Hannibal is glad another feels this way, that a warmongering city-state should not control our alliance.

Peace should be the way.

Hannibal
Old May 21, 2002, 18:50   #182
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 18:52
Local Date: October 31, 2010
IC: Heron does not take back his demand. Defensive army is building up, especially with hoplite mercenaries. Army is now 60% defensive

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old May 21, 2002, 18:52   #183
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

He also calls for top-secret GMA negotiations in SYracuse to try to sort out the mess. The first question asked: who really is against war with rome and who is just saying they are for good PR?

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old May 21, 2002, 18:54   #184
civman2000
Emperor

ok I've gotta go see everyone's responses in a few hours

Old May 21, 2002, 18:54   #185
cbraund
Prince

Carthage is a peaceful nation. I stand by my decision not to join any war against Rome, and to try and prevent war in any way I can.

Hannibal
Old May 21, 2002, 18:55   #186
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 01:52
Seleucids declare their neutrality.

"We don't like being used like that" says Giovannurk in his speech "The Syracusan have betrayed our nation in provoking Rome into war in hope for us to join them and help them defeat the Roman, we even might withdraw our presence into the alliance, unless peace will be"

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old May 21, 2002, 19:02   #187
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

Local Time: 20:52
ooc: sorry guys. ill be civlil now.

IN CHARACTER

Macedon supports Syracuse agression against rome. macedon does not support syracuse agression against Delphi.

Secret to syracuse:

I encourage you to biuld up you offensive military and i will make my military 95% defensive comprised totally of hoplites. I will defende both nations.
Old May 21, 2002, 19:05   #188
Giovanni Wine
King

For the response of Ramses go here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...0&pagenumber=6

It is the second post from the top

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
Old May 21, 2002, 19:20   #189
Cinna
Warlord

Local Time: 19:52
Delphi thanks the world for their support for our tiny city-state, Delphi would like to apologize formally to those nations Delphi has offended in rage.

Be warned, Delphi's navy will be sent to Rome regardless of who attacks them.
Old May 21, 2002, 19:28   #190
cbraund
Prince

And my offer will stand if Syracuse invades Delphi and triggers a war with Rome, that we offer transport on our neutral ships(for a price) to Rome so that they can send their army to a certain island...

But I'm sure it won't come to that.

Hannibal
Old May 21, 2002, 21:53   #191
civman2000
Emperor

Change in plans: Threat against Delphi canceled. Instead, Heron is asking Rome what they would want for the toe of italy. I offer 50% of the sledgehammers in my navy (which would make it still medium but only barely so, and more defensive)

Old May 21, 2002, 22:20   #192
civman2000
Emperor

map (with seleucid and egyptian expansion):
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	euro.gif
Views:	45
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	15902  

Old May 22, 2002, 01:37   #193
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Alright, back now. I'll begin typing up a storm on the situation that Civman is creating.
Old May 22, 2002, 02:37   #194
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Emperess Syn was dumbfounded at what the leader of the nation of Syracuse was trying to pull.

"This man is foolish. How could he get away with the threat against Delphi? Such use of words would indirectly stand for a declaration of war!" Emperess Syn said, pounding her fist into the concrete table. Her war generals, and advisors were surronding the meeting table that was being held in the late of night, or earlist of mornings.

"Lady Syn, the foolish man has withdrawn his threat against the nation of Delphi. Perhaps he had a fever, and was feeling dearly ill when he made such rash statements?" said one of the lower ranking war generals. Each of the war generals were clothed in Red, a signiture colour for the Romans. And on each blood coloured fabricated cape, there was a symbol representing the logo for a legion of soldiers.

"No. This man is clearly delerious. Only did he realize that his pathetic nation was treading on thin ice, did he pull back his threats," Syn said, her flushed anger on her face and cheeks were slowly disapating as the meeting continued onward.

General Veii looked around the table, and knocked on the concrete table with his dry knuckles to gather everybodies diverted attention.

"It appears the situation between Rome and Syrucase is deteriorating. At such a rate, Rome will eventually be at war with Syrucase," stated the General.

"What are you pointing at?" asked one of the younger war generals, who is naive on what Veii was suggestion.

"It means that eventually, Rome will be at war with Syracuse. If such a mad man continues on with his slander of imperialism against helpless nations, what is stopping him from eventually turning on Rome herself? He has a death wish for himself and his nation," Veii explained to the young one. Both old and young generals shifted their gazes back at the Emperess.

"I... Believe this mad man is bent on his own destruction. He shall be ousted from his throne, and thrown into the streets to be rediculed. His people see no point in Syracuse supporting such a huge army. Such heavy taxation will eventually rip his empire to shreds with the lack of any patriotism. Julius, I believe your the one that provided some of the information about the increasing Syracuse army," said Syn, shifting her purple eyes at Julius, who is sitting in the Praetor's position as Praetor Maximus is ill this evening.

"Yes, Emperess. Upon my trek to Syracuse for a 'family visit', I took notice in how many young boys and men have gone missing while touring Syracuse. Asking several couples, an imposed draft has taken effect that required many men to be drafted into the army or navy. Upon my return, I bumped into one of the legions as they marched across the Syracuse held lands. The size of the army was astonishing," explained Julius, confidence rebuilt into his body since he has been sent away to Syracuse.

Syn nodded.

"It is apparant that Carthage backs the Syracuse country only so far. They have stated that if Syracuse attacks, she will not be sheltered by the Carthegian Army nor Navy. Many other nations do not enjoy the war mongering the Syracusian leader has taken to, and have stated their neutrality in the Syracusian movements," continued Julius, informing Syn of the worldy events that he has collected during his voyages.

"Since the declaration of war against the Syracusian Imperium is not wise or practical at this time, the only course of action we can pursue that will not drag this situation into complete turmoil is to wait for the leader of Syracuse to make his critical mistake. It is not Rome's duty to attack unprovokedly, but to defend ourselves and our allies in times of war," the young leader said, her complextion was becoming more and more locked in deep thought. Her choices could prove the survival of Rome, or destroy the Roman empire.

"We shall wait then," said General Veii, placing his hand on the Emperesses shoulder to support her passive action.

"Is the prince of Delphi well?" asked Emperess Syn, looking towards General Veii for an answer.

"Delphi and her prince are well at this moment,"

"Tell them that it is unnecessary to pay us to protect them. We fight on the side of justice, not on the backs of gold tokens. We have allies, and accept friendship, not bribes. We take our share that is really our share. Tell the prince that it would please the Emperess greatly that he should stop paying taxes to Rome. He is a city-state as well, and he needs as much effort and help to insure his survival," stated Syn, her eyelids grow heavy with sleep, as the morning sun begins to creep past the pillars of the great forum in this discussion on Syracuse's fate.

- Main Events! -
1. Rome will NOT attack Syracuse.

2. Rome pledges that it will defend Delphi in case she is attacked by outside invaders.

3. Emperess Syn asks the Prince of Delphi to halt the transactions of funds to Rome, as Syn believes that Delphi not only must keep every bit for herself to insure her survival, but Emperess Syn also believes that the gold Rome recieves is only ment for mercenary body guard protection.
Old May 22, 2002, 11:01   #195
civman2000
Emperor

The group of petitioners knocked on Archimedes's door cautiously. He came out.

"We know that when you started designing weapons, you were quite reluctant because of the risk they would be used for cruel purposes. And Heron..."

The actual rebellion they're planning can't take place until friday because the story I have planned requires me to be in the early middle ages.

Old May 22, 2002, 11:02   #196
civman2000
Emperor

What about the Syracusan proposal to buy the toe?

Old May 22, 2002, 15:16   #197
Cinna
Warlord

Local Time: 19:52
Delphi thanks Rome for their kind words and has stopped mobilizing for war.

Delphi also continues to build up its navy, but because it is so small it will take a while.
Old May 22, 2002, 17:20   #198
civman2000
Emperor

map:
Attached Thumbnails:

Views:	35
ID:	15962  

Old May 22, 2002, 17:37   #199
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

OOC: The 'Toe' of Italy?

Make the map with the changes you want, and post it up. Considering our past tensions between us, I don't exactly trust you how much of this toe you want :P
Old May 22, 2002, 17:42   #200
Giovanni Wine
King

OOC: IIRC SKILORD had intiated at the same time of me a two years expansion plan on the south, so right now he should be very close to my borders on the north, and when my third expansion will be done we should have a common bordern just east of the black sea!

find out more here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...0&pagenumber=5

It is the fourth post from the bottom

Saluti
Old May 22, 2002, 17:57   #201
civman2000
Emperor

aah i'm trying to updaate/adds maps but it's not working! It keeps bringing up an error. Anyways, since i can't get it up, i'll just tell you: the toe is the Southern end of italy. this name comes from the fact that italy looks a bit like a boot.

Old May 22, 2002, 19:12   #202
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

OOC: *Makes a real quick post as he has other stuff to do*

IC:

A message returns to Syracuse.

The letter contained this message.

To whomever this may concern,

We reject outrightfully your ability to purchase land on Roman territory. It not only would violate the Romans on such land, but Rome cannot be bought from foreigners.

Salutations,
Emperess Syn Kurosei
Old May 22, 2002, 20:53   #203
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

ooc: civman, what about those catapults
Old May 22, 2002, 20:55   #204
trickey
Prince

Macedon would like to proudly announce that the army is now comprise of 80% hoplites and is virtually a fortress. Unfourtunatly, everyone else is a fortress to us as our offensive army is pathetic :embarrassed:
Old May 22, 2002, 20:55   #205
Thrusters
Warlord

Seleucids,Egyptians
can i be any of these 2????
or what country can i be.....???
Old May 22, 2002, 21:04   #206
civman2000
Emperor

you can be central/west germans, gauls, sparta, I think that's it

Old May 22, 2002, 21:08   #207
civman2000
Emperor

double post

Old May 22, 2002, 21:10   #208
civman2000
Emperor

i'll try putting up the map again:
Attached Thumbnails:

Views:	25
ID:	15970  

Old May 22, 2002, 22:50   #209
Giovanni Wine
King

Quote:
Originally posted by civman2000
you can be central/west germans, gauls, sparta, I think that's it
And Rhodes!!!

Saluti
Old May 23, 2002, 01:25   #210
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

"Sir our NES is..... dead."
"what are you talking about?"
"Looks like we'll be spending alot of time here."
Alarich then beheaded him for confusing him as he wondered how tomake the other nations stop ignoring him.