Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Local Time: 18:52
Local Date: October 31, 2010
SKILORD:

Heya
Old May 23, 2002, 11:40   #212
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Alkiabades looked at Archimedes suspiciously. "What makes me think I can trust you?"

"What makes me think I can trust you?" replied Archimedes. "For all I know, you could be an agent of the king testing my loyalty."

"I am not. Almost a century ago my grandfather, who shares my name, was exiled to Syracuse from Athens. The king, who at the time was friendly with Sparta, welcomed him. His experiences in Athens taught him a thing or two about freedom and democracy. He taught them to me."

"You can say that, but how do I know you're not lying?"

"I don't know. I guess there are some things you just have to believe."

"I'll come to the meeting." He sighed. "When and where?"

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old May 23, 2002, 23:28   #213
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 01:52
Local Date: November 1, 2010
At the throne Room in Seleucia "Tarik" say Giovannurk "did we finish settling the land on the North"

"We should, sire, unfortunately our mapmakers did not finish drawing the map , sire"

"uhmm"

"Do you want more land sire?"

"No, I think we have a preatty big Empire as it is, I was trying to think of a way to make our Empire more efficient"

"I heard, sire, that the Romans have a very good government sire, it is call Repubblic"

"Repubblic?"

"Yes sire, basically every some year there are elections on who should be the Emperor"

"Uhmm, but, what if I lose my elections"

"You will not sire, you did good for our country, plus, we will pilote the elections so that you'll always win"

"sounds good, but what are the advantages"

"well, the people will believe to have some power, therefore they will be happier, and our scientist will be more efficient"

"oh... nice, what about drawbacks?"

"drawbacks are that people will riot if we stay at war for too long, plus it will be expensive to mantain a too big army"

"uhmm, I think that, as we are right now, we should try this...Repubblic, set up some rules for the changment!!"

"Uh... I wuold sire, but... I don't know exctly how this system works"

"well.... call Rukulun, and tell him to ask the Romans the secret of Repubblic"

"ok"

In short
Seleucids wants Repubblic from Rome, what Rome wants from Seleucids for Repubblics???

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old May 24, 2002, 08:53   #214
cbraund
Prince

Local Time: 00:52
OOC: Civman, what about Carthage's expansions?! The aqueducts should help me expand into the desert, but my main colonising thrusts are south at the mouths of my expansion, as shown on the map below.

Once that colonisation is complete, I will begin to expand into the desert using the aqueducts.

Hannibal
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	euro.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	16098  
Old May 24, 2002, 10:41   #215
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

everyone's expansion will be up this afternoon. Note that as of today carthage and syracuse are in the early middle ages, which go up to knights and pikemen and maybe longbowmen. The middle middle ages go up to caravels and musketmen, and late is the rest.

"Achimedes, you wanted to speak with me?"

"Yes. I have developed a new economic and political system which will ensure our international supremacy. I call it feudalism. Here I have a short document on how it works." He handed it to the king. "It allows us to build up a military much faster and use a new weapon called a 'pike'. The disadvantage is that you have less control over the country. However, rebellion would be futile unless a large amount of your vassals were disloyal, in which case they would be successful under our current system anyways. I personally will be humble and continue working for you as the Royal Scientist and refuse any fief."

"Sounds great! Let's get this implemented ASAP!"

So Syracuse has switched to a feudal monarchy.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old May 24, 2002, 15:30   #216
Cinna
Warlord

Local Time: 19:52
(OOC: what are we in 273BC? Yeah middle ages real realistic where are the reality police when you need them?)
Old May 24, 2002, 16:32   #217
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

OOC: I personally think that tech gaining shouldn't go by so quickly.

Giovanni, I'll type up my reply later, as I have other business to attend to as of right now.
Old May 24, 2002, 18:40   #218
civman2000
Emperor

tech was set to be 1/3 era a week for medium tech rate civs...we were already in the late ancient so now we're early middle ages.

"As you know, Heron, Archimedes has been devoting himself to defensive science for a while," said Military Advisor Phillip Argos. "SO I have decided to put some people in my department to work on creating offensive strategies. We have created an armored horseman deign we call 'knights'."

Just then, a messenger rushed in and handed a note to Heron.

"Royal Vassals in revolt Alkiabades and Archimedes in head of it introdcuing feudalism was part of it," read Heron aloud.

"Yes a large army was attacking when I was sent off," said the messenger. "I serve Royal Vassal Markos. He was being attacked by what seemed like nearly all of the other vasslas!"

"That *@#&@$# Archimedes! Was he with the rebels?"

"I think so."

"OK, leave. Phillip, I want the Royal Guard mobilized. If necessary, get the Royal Fleet ready to take me to Macedon. Get someone to get permission to temporarily go to Macedon from their embassy. Now leave me alone!"

And the king was alone. He realized he had made many mistakes. FIrst, he had given too much independence. The only department that he actively ran himself was the foreign department. He rarely oversaw the others, and trusted them. And then he had gone along with Archimedes's plan which gave much independent power to the vassals. His other mistake was in choosing people to work for him. He knew he had an eye for talent, and his bureaucracy was very efficient. BUt he had not hired loyal workers. He never thought about that in choosing his advisors. ANd now he was paying for it.

But there was still a chance he might prevail. He might be more popular than the rebels thought. But if not, he would have to flee to Macedon. From Macedon, he could invade and regain power. And break the neck of the traitor Archimedes with his own hands. BUt only flee when the situation gets desperate.

It got desperate. The elite and very loyal Royal Fleet is requesting that Heron be allowed to reside in Macedon. THe new republican government, though set up like the Athenian democracy more than the Roman republic, is friendly with ROme. THe military has been shrunken and is nearly entirely defensive. Most of the soldiers are not full-time soldiers. This makes the people happier about maintaining a larger military but makes mobilization take a long time. The president is Alkiabades. Archimedes has vowed to never work on weapons again, so his science bonus is lost but the republic science bonus is gained, so the tech rate is still medium. THe new govt threatens to kick Macedon out of the alliance if they accept Heron, and has invited Rome and Delphi into the alliance.

Old May 24, 2002, 18:45   #219
civman2000
Emperor

map:
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	euro.gif
Views:	20
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	16130  

Old May 24, 2002, 19:07   #220
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Civman:

Thats some pretty good Role Playing skills your showing. Good job
Old May 24, 2002, 19:18   #221
Giovanni Wine
King

"Sire, Sire" exclaim Rukulun

"what?" reply the King "can't you see I'm busy"

Giovannurk was playing chess with his friend Tarik, and, since he was losing, he was really disappointed by Rukulun interruption.

"Oh, I'm sorry sire"

"so, what's the matter?, but be quick"

"Sire, our Embassador in Syracuse just refered to us that old King Heron has been exiliated from the island"

"Interesting, who is the new King"

"One guy named Akibiades, sir"

"Alkibiades"

"yes sire, but it is not a kingdom, it is a Repubblic"

"Repubblic? I already heard anout that"

"That's the type of government you asked Rome to tell you the secret" say Tarik

"Oh... you are right, my friend, well, I'm urgent in switching, sice the Romans declared to be busy at the moment, ask the Syracusan how to run a Democracy"

"Yes sire"

Tarik was still thinking on which move to do at chess in order to NOT win too quickly against his ruler

"YES, I KNOW IT" exclaim Tarik

"What??" say Giovannurk, disappointed for Tarik's shouting

"The Repubblic..... I know how to run one"

"Really, who told you?"

"I just figured it out"

"Ok lets swith it"

"I would like you to know, sire, that if we do, we will have probably some rioting during our Repubblican revolution"

"so what?"

"well, our army will have to go around our vast Empire, so wi will not be able to protect our borders, against a large or huge army"

"let's just do it" declared Giovannurk

"Maybe we should send a letter to anybody in the Alliance, asking for protection, just in case"

"You are right"

In short
Seleucids are now in Late Ancient (OOC: I forgot that we were going to adavance in tech today) so we have discovered Repubblic in our own.
A Revolution started, in this period our army will not be at full strenght (it will be considered MEDIUM for these two days), so we ask anybody in the alliance for their protection, in case of need

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
Old May 24, 2002, 19:40   #222
civman2000
Emperor

yes everyone except germans, gauls, sparta, and anyone else who is "slow tech" advances today. ROme will advance to the early middle ages tomorrow

Old May 24, 2002, 20:06   #223
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

"We are Interested in you're Republic" The German Ambassador Told the Roman,"Could i maybe watch how it goes to bring this system back to Germany?"
The Roman was shocked by how far the Germans had come, The first time he had seen them they had worn bearskins, now their ambnassador was clad in a toga.
"I don't see how there would be any problem but i'd have to ask the Consul"
Old May 25, 2002, 08:41   #224
civman2000
Emperor

rome advances tp early middle ages

Old May 25, 2002, 17:49   #225
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

Local Time: 20:52
guys im sorry but i have to quit, i lost interset.
Old May 25, 2002, 18:01   #226
Cinna
Warlord

Local Time: 19:52
Quote:
Originally posted by trickey
((lol can I take Macedon too?? just kidding ))
Old May 25, 2002, 18:26   #227
SKILORD
King

pity
Old May 25, 2002, 20:15   #228
Giovanni Wine
King

Quote:
Originally posted by trickey
Does that mean that King Heron took over Macedonia killing old King Pleb???

Saluti
Old May 25, 2002, 23:59   #229
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

OOC: That would be interesting.

IC:

Syn contemplated the Germans request. On one hand, these Vikings could use the theory behind the Republic, and become too busy to increasing their own infastructure.

But the emperess narrowed her eyes. How can these Vikings hope to use the Republic effectively though? Although this Northern Civilization has come far in improving their road networks, and teaching their youngsters about the theorums and technologies provided in part by the Romans themselves, will the Vikings effectively use this theory of the Republic properly?

"Here is the deal," began Syn, a couple of her servents turning their heads back to her, with pen and paper in hand.

"We will exchange this republic with you, in exchange for some coastal land. With such coastal land, the shipping of ores, furs and wines will go more smoothly with both the strengths of Roman knowledge and Eastern German might," said Syn, her one of her servents writing down the message, and rushing off after the emperess dismissed her servent.

The fog bank was rolling into Rome, as the sun began to slowly rise. It is not often that fog does go through Rome. But the clanking and clinging of armour is heard, as her former swordsmen were practicing in their new sets of armour as pikemen.

The sound was coupled with the blacksmith in the distance, banging down, refining and air blasting an alloy to perfection.

And all these sounds were coupled with the creaking newly built galleons, floating on the sea and bobbing up and down like a cork.

It was a magnificant sight to see, and it was only has been a few weeks since these advancements have been uncovered.

Syn smiled. The fog didn't cloud her vision as she saw her empire ever expanding technologically.
Old May 26, 2002, 00:01   #230
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

The proposed changes to the map if East Germany accepts my offer.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	euro.gif
Views:	25
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	16193  
Old May 26, 2002, 08:26   #231
civman2000
Emperor

Yes, good idea, Heron has taken over Macedon. Fearing his return, Alkiabades has begun mobilizing the Syracusan army.

Old May 26, 2002, 17:59   #232
SKILORD
King

Aha!
"They cannot be trusted! they only want the land as a platform from which to invade us!" Percipus shouted.
"I'm not so sure, a common border might be the first step on a path towards an alliance, and maybe even a East German superpower."Alarich replied.
"You're mad, i demand control of this nation!"
Alarich swung with his peacemaker sword, but Percipus parried. running out of the Advisor house to rally support to his revolution.

To Rome:
I accept you'r deal but for that land i think maybe another tech would not be too much to ask. maybe Literature?
Old May 26, 2002, 18:15   #233
Giovanni Wine
King

Giovannurk was sleeping on his royal bed, while all around him the Selucid people were voting on who should be the new king of Seleucia.
Tarik organized the elections well, he gave vote right to every citizens of the Selucids, and expanded the citizenship to every male theat earned more the 40 Gios (the new Seleucid money) a year. Tarik knew that the people would have been happy of that, and he knew that the rich people would have voted for King Giovannurk.

-Two days later-
Rukulun just finished counting the vote, surprisingly enough Giovanurk received other 75% of the votes, the other candidate, Burukir, was soon arrested and put in jail.

Giovannurk was elected King of the Seleucids once again.

"Tarik, what do you think of my victory?"

"Well, I was sure you would have won, you served this nation well, and the people were happy"

"What about our Science advisor?"

"He is very happy, and he declared that we will now be able to research things faster than ever"

"good, so we reached our goals"

"well, not exactly...... did you hear of the death of King Pleb?"

"Pleb?.. our old friend? that's not possible"

"It is, King Heron, that was exiliated from Syracuse, went to Macedon, he than payed a killer in order to muder Pleb and took over the country"

"WHAT??" He shouted "NOBODY WILL EVER MURDER GIOVANNURK'S FRIEND, AND GO AWAY WITH IT"

"sire???"

"call for a special meeting of the Mediterraneum Alliance, I want to hear from everybody on what should be done"

"ok, sire, I will invite all leader in a special meeting in Cyprus"

"call Rome and Delphi too"

"I will sire"

In short
Selucids are now a Repubblic, and will now be a fast-tech nation.
Giovannurk call for a meeting of the Alliance + Rome and Delphi in order to decide what to do with Macedon

Saluti
Old May 26, 2002, 18:36   #234
cbraund
Prince

Carthage thinks that Heron's actions are despicable, and attends the meeting.

Hannibal
Old May 26, 2002, 22:49   #235
civman2000
Emperor

Alkiabades praises the Seleucid and Carthaginian support in opposing Heron, but says his people will not tolerate another war and the military buildup that comes with it. He will attend the meeting but the Assembly has passed laws limiting the length of a mobilization if no war is declared.

Old May 27, 2002, 02:36   #236
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Syn watched the bobbing of one of her newly built ships. Called a 'Careval', these ships can speed across much of the mediterranian in half the time it takes for the old Triemes, and the successor, the galley's.

The newest and most advanced in her fleet, the 'RS Teuton' is ready for sailing supplies and information between two points on any known map. But Syn was interrupted from her gawking of the small floating palace, as one of her subordinates addressed the emperess.

"My Liegress," addressed the steel and iron cladded knight, "The Vikings have agreed to our proposition, if only you tell them of the theory of literature,"

"Oh? Is that so?" replied Syn, her purple eyes gazing from her new ship, to the knight who is kneeling down at her feet.

"Tell their leader we accept their counterproposal," said Syn, her eyes fixing back on her ship as she was sitting on her portable throne.

"My Emperess? Is it so wise to allow these Vikings the knowledge of literature?" asked the knight, named Octavius.

"Why not? They are bound to record their histories on scraps of paper soon enough. How do you think we learnt? From superior beings? And if so, how did those superior beings learn how to read and write?" Syn said, her eyes looking back down at the knight, but are slightly narrowed as the subordinate questioned her order.

"As I have given you a reason now, do NOT question my commands again," the now angry woman said, her fingers gripping the thrones arm, and her nails digging into the metals.

The knight quietly backed off, and relayed the message to the Vikings that their offer is accepted.

But before the Knight could get out of the sight of Syn, she called him back once more.

"But, I am willing to give a second chance. You may board the new Roman ship, the RS Teuton, in order to assist in relaying the message,"stated Syn. The Octavius' muscles slowly relaxed, now the burden of message relaying was cut signifcantly, as the two routes of going through Central Germany, or the unclaimed lands to be ferried to East Germany are now gone.

"Prepare the message and technology immediately," said Syn. Octavius ran off, now pleased that the emperess has offered him a second chance.

Syn summoned somebody else, and spoke privately to them momentarily.

It was only 2 hours later when Octavius was seen, onboard the RS Teuton, sailing away to East Germany. He had a mop in hand, and was swabbing the deck.

The young emperess smirked. She knew that Octavius won't ever doubt her orders again. Ever.

But that was the least of her concerns, as Praetor Maximus has brought up an interesting report with King Heron slapped on as a title.

She knew this couldn't be of any good, as the situation in Syracuse of his expultion could only resault in more trouble.

"I believe King Heron might try something against the colony of Rome," said Praetor Maximus.

Foreign Advisor Julius simply stared down at the table, with General Veii nodding in approval with Maximus' statement.

"If the Macedonians mass up an army and navy, I don't think Rome could last so long in case of an invasion takes place," continued Praetor Maximus.

"We only have a small parcel of land to bordering the Macedonians. If anything, at least strengthen our grasp on the colony," said Veii, as he twiddled with his fingers, slightly anxious with King Heron taking command of an even larger empire then Syracuse.

Syn thought to herself. With the expansion in East Germany, most of the ships will be too busy transporting goods between Rome and the new colony. But the Balkans Colony needs the extra fortification in order to withstand an assault, if one does strike the borders of Rome.

"General Veii, Praetor Maximus... Foreign Advisor Julius. My new orders are to use whatever ships to transport settlers to the Balkans Colony. They are to continue past the colony, towards the east. We should further our expansion alongst the Macedonian northern border. If the Macedonians, under the Rulers order, decides to expand, he will have to go around Roman held territory first," Syn said, her mind worked out her new solution. General Veii continued to stare at the Emperess, to finish her idea, before discussing any more strategies.

"King Heron, after he settles down the populace with his new rule, may want to annex the Central Germans, the Teutonics. With vast tracks of land, he can slowly expand, consuming each and every confederate German city state," the Emperess aid, her eyes darting between each of her advisors eyes.

"But what of the East German colony?" ask Julius.

"For now, Julius, we will have to put off any serious advancements on hold for now." replied Syn.

"And the navy?" asked Veii.

"To assist and to protect any goods going to our new East German colony. As well to help with shipping colonists to the Balkans Colony," again Syn replied. She thought to herself that hopefully her plan would be acceptable to the Senate tomorrow.

"And the defense of the colonists, and even the existing colony?" asked Praetor Maximus this time.

"Yes, that... We will have to transport our new pikeman divisions along with the new colonists. This is to... Defend our new expanding territories that we are claiming for the Romans," replied Syn. Her finger jotting down the new plans of expansion and defense are written onto a peice of paper.

"Tell the Seleuicids, Syracuse, and Carthage that Rome cannot participate into any attack on Macedonia, unless Rome is defending for her allies or herself,"

The morning sun was already beginning to glow, as the meeting was adjourned.

- Main Events! -

1. Give the East Germans literature for the new East German Colony.

2. Rome is to begin claiming land again over the Macedonian Norther border. Colonists and the new pikeman divisions are to begin the defense of Roman held Balkan Territories.

3. Syn says nay to attacking Macedonia, until King Heron does something silly first, like invading Rome, Rhodes, or Selecuids.
Old May 27, 2002, 09:11   #237
civman2000
Emperor

Um, no one has caravels yet. You will wednesday but no one has them yet. Also, today the germans and everyone else who is slow tech advances

Old May 27, 2002, 17:03   #238
Tarquinius
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

After years of death and destruction, the Egyptian Civil War had finally ended.
The war started, because King Ramses so badly wanted to have the biggest fleet in the world, that he didn't care about his people anymore. He raised taxes, and let his people work overtime.
A part of the nobility took advantage of the hatred from the people against the king. The reason they did this was because a lot of them had to give all their slaves and a lot of gold and silver to the king. He called it a 'fleet tax'.
The leader of the rebels was Rachoka, a rich man from Alexandria. Secretly, he formed an army to fight the king. He kept his army quite small, to keep it secret for the king. But when the king went to Carthage to discuss expansion matters, Rachoko asked in public to join the rebellion to rid Egypt of the evil king.
Thousands of men from Alexandria, and also from memphis and Elephantine joined his army. A part from the existing army and the entire fleet deserted to the rebels. However, the part of the army that came from southern cities, like Thebes, remained loyal to the king, because they were afraid the northern cities would become too dominant.
The commander of the loyal forces decided to retreat to Thebes, at least until he contacted the king. The rebel army wasn't organised too well and Rachoko decided not to pursue the loyalists immediately, so he would have time to draft new recruits and to organise his army better. But this was a mistake. Rachoko did get some extra recruits, but he had totally forgotten the loyal army also could get new recruits!
Rachoko lead his army to Thebes, as there was no other choice. Other nations would probably help Ramses and he wanted to end the war quickly. The struggle was very tight, but the rebels couldn't take the city. The day after the assault the king returned.
The king ordered to fortify the city, and due to lack of water the rebels had to return to the north. The following years were full of struggle. The loyalists gained the upper hand. After six years of fighting they stood before the city of Alexandria, 'the Pearl of Egypt'. In this battle the two leaders fought each other personally. Full of hatred, they bashed on each other. Finally, when Ramses managed to kill his rival, he was killed by an arrow shot by one of of the rebels. The loyalists were furious. The rebels had cheated, it was not allowed to attack any of the two leaders during the fight. The loyalists were leaderless now, as Ramses' wife died when getting a child, and he had no children, except a one year old girl. He had no borthers and sisters either.

The rebels however, did have a leader. The daughter of Rachoko, Cleopatra, lead the army now. Later came out she was the one who had shot the arrow! She was a skilled archer, and a very good general. The loyalist didn't know what to do, and Cleopatra used that very skillfully to her advantage. Three years after the death of the king, her army was in Thebes, and the loyalists surrendered. Cleoptra was now the first queen of Egypt.

She knew there was a lot to do though. The land had to be rebuilt, and she gave orders to do that as quickly as possible, but the workers should start with building infrastructure and temples, as they were there key for unity, according to Cleopatra.

She still is unsure what to do about foreign affairs. She considers withdrawal from the meditereanean alliance, because she hates everything Ramses had done. But it seemed very dangerous, as the Egypt could well become a target. She decides to see how the situation around Macedon evolves, and then to decide.
She does send a messenger to Rome to ask about the possibilities between an alliance between Egypt and Rome.

In short:
1. Cleopatra is now queen of Egypt!
2. Rebuilding of Egyptian lands begins
Old May 27, 2002, 18:11   #239
cbraund
Prince

Carthage sends 100,000 gold pieces(a princely sum I hope, if not increase it!) to Egypt to help rebuild after it's civil war. Hannibal welcomes Cleopatra as Queen of Egypt, and has heard of her beauty.

His enemies fear a marriage between Cleopatra and Hannibal could create an African super-state that could render them powerless, but Hannibal shows little signs of taking a wife - yet.

But his enemies begin to plot...
Old May 28, 2002, 00:35   #240
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Eh? Oh blah, its a prototype :P

Anyways, Caravels can barely go across the Meditarrenian without sinking as it is.

Oh well.

*Sinks the Caravel somehow, with the predecessor in place, a super galley of somesort*