Old May 19, 2002, 09:28   #1
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 18:55
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Story COntest Round 6-Nominations
None carried over from round 5.

1-Patriots and Tyrants(Dangerous Games III) by cbraund
2-Ludicrous Adventures in the land of Deer (a musical comedy) by Metaliturtle
3-Decision at Tarentum by unscratchedfoot
4-Enter the Yamato by unscratchedfoot
5-The Struggle for Power (Part 2: Of Freindship and War) by Civ3King
6-Amy's Story by Bella Hella

7-CIV3 Story - America the Brutal by cutlerd
8-Above and Beyond the Call Of Duty by Jaguar Warrior
9-The Hidden Dagger by cbraund

The nominations in bold have been seconded. Once there are 8 seconded nominations, a checkbox poll will be made, then the top 4 from that poll will advance to the final round.

The nomination process is complete!

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal

Last edited by civman2000; May 28, 2002 at 13:33.
Old May 19, 2002, 20:42   #2
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 19:55
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
I nominate sam's story based on skilords NES
Old May 19, 2002, 21:46   #3
Rotten999
Warlord

I'll second that.
Old May 19, 2002, 22:00   #4
Samuel Johnson
Warlord

Local Time: 20:55
Thanks (blush) but it's hardly finished. I estimate years. :O

Just kidding but I am getting a bit antsy as to whether I can think of an ending. My first story here - the thankfully forgotten one I won't mention about Byzantine Rome - died because I didn't know how to get it to go forward.

I nominate Rotten's "Knights of the Black Cross"
Old May 19, 2002, 22:23   #5
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Knights is already up, and is looking to win actually
Old May 19, 2002, 22:57   #6
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

how could i forget?? DGIII!

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old May 19, 2002, 22:59   #7
Metaliturtle
staff
King

OHH OHH SECOND SECOND
Old May 20, 2002, 23:33   #8
Metaliturtle
staff
King

I'd like to nominate my new musical, Ludicrous adventures in the land of Deer (a musical comedy) I think that's what I called it anyway
Old May 21, 2002, 22:14   #9
civman2000
Emperor

unscratchedfoot's 2 new stories are nominated!

Old May 22, 2002, 17:10   #10
civman2000
Emperor

3 new noms: amy's story, of frienship and war II, and america the brutal

Old May 22, 2002, 23:08   #11
Captain
King

Rotten already seconded Sam Johnson's so I'll third it. By far the most intriguing plot lines and great story-telling. Wonderful diplomacy. Love it!

I second Amy's Story, though it's not finished yet. But neither is Sam Johnson's.

I also second the Musical Adventures, that was hilarious!

I haven't read much else though since I just came back to this forum today.
Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
Old May 22, 2002, 23:13   #12
Captain
King

edit: never mind, I see Rotten's story now. Off to read it, maybe can finish it tongiht.

2nd edit:
Wow! That was fantastic! Put my vote in for Rotten's story too!

p.s. If I can't vote more than once, then I guess I just strongly recommend all the stories I voted for.
Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Last edited by Captain; May 22, 2002 at 23:40.
Old May 23, 2002, 11:18   #13
civman2000
Emperor

rotten's has already won the 4th round...can't be in the contest a second time, though it might win again!

Old May 23, 2002, 18:45   #14
civman2000
Emperor

new nom: The Hidden Dagger by cbraund

Old May 24, 2002, 09:02   #15
cbraund
Prince

Local Time: 00:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
No! I don't want Hidden Dagger in this story contest, as it won't be finished by the finals. I am going to write more, and it should be finished around the time of the next round nominations, so that it is fresh in people's minds.

Chris
Old May 24, 2002, 09:24   #16
Samuel Johnson
Warlord

Local Time: 20:55
Thanks for the nomination... but. .. I don't think my story will be finished in time for this contest so I would like to withdraw it.
Old May 24, 2002, 10:45   #17
civman2000
Emperor

OK, they will be withdrawn...but we might have a shortage of stories (if no one seconds any of the new noms!)

Old May 24, 2002, 12:41   #18
Bella Hella
Prince

when are the finals? i hoep i can have mine done by then...
Old May 27, 2002, 14:09   #19
civman2000
Emperor

nom: above and beyond the call of duty

Old May 28, 2002, 11:50   #20
cbraund
Prince

I second "Above and Beyond the Call of Duty" and "Enter the Yamato".

I'm going to read the others now, haven't had much time.

Oh, and I've finally decided that The Hidden Dagger can enter this round, as I intend to have a new story in the works for the next one.

I just hope if HD does get through that it doesn't take marks from DG3!

Nemesis
Old May 28, 2002, 12:02   #21
cbraund
Prince

I also second Decision at Tarentum
Old May 28, 2002, 13:28   #22
sgrig
Warlord

I'll second The Struggle for Power by Civ3King
Old May 28, 2002, 13:34   #23
civman2000
Emperor

that's 8!