Old May 19, 2002, 15:02   #1
Sir Kruschev
Settler

Local Time: 00:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Persians on Regent
Heyyyyyyy..............I finally made it out of the Ancient years on Regent....yippeeeee ! this is my 3rd regent game , so just surviving into the Industrial Ages is big news . the first 2 games never made it to Middle ages .

overall , not doing real well on score . think I'm in 6th out of 9 civs( but I FEEL like a million bucks ) , on a large archipalaego map . 4 or 5 continents , all elongated snake-like in shape . very cool map; gonna be some interesting naval encounters in the future , as there are many blockade oppurtunities .
the ancient ages went completely war-free . strange thing , with the Aztecs in it ! I started with about 10 cities , with just enough resources/luxeries to provide a stable income . so far , Ive gotten everything I need within my borders , except horses . but who needs horses when you got Immortals . the Great Library got me caught up on the tech-tree .
WW I
All hell broke loose in the early Middle Ages .major war declarations everywhere , couldnt keep track of all the alliances , and later the MPP's . the Zulu declared on me , with a military the same size as mine . they were to my immediate East , with a major bottle-neck type border . I took 1 city pretty quick , then razed another shortly afterward ( for culture flip reasons ) . my Immortals and Knights/Cavalry ( traded for horses from Babs )ran around the country-side like school boys at a Brittany Spears concert ! when the smoke cleared , I took about 80% of the Zulu territory , with the Iroquois taking the rest . the Iroqs jumped in at the end , just like the Russians right after Fatman and Littleboy fell on Japan . the Iroqs started to the East of the Zulus , so that makes them my new neighbor along with the Germans on a seperate peninsula to the south of Iroq and to the south-east of myself . currently the Iroqs are invading Germany , so I'll have to watch that play out for future expansion possibilities ; depending on diplomatic relations with the related parties . overall it was the best invasion I've ever executed , leaving no blanks for other Civs to fill ; upon cease-fire with Zulus , I immediately sealed off newly acquired territory with my units to prevent other Civs from penetrating new borders with settelers . the war ended with me and the Babs in the beginning of what I hope is a long relationship , as in MPP( their idea ! ) . they are the powerhouse to my immediate west , gotta stay cool with them and the Americans on a different continent . also had a couple run-ins with the Russians , but have yet to see much of an assault . they are 2 continents away , with my buddies the Americans nearby .I pity the souls of the Russians if the Babs intervene on my behalf.........you just dont mess with the Babs .and I think the Babs have an MPP with America , so it would appear I have friends in high places. by the way , Ive had to pay the Babs a little " protection bonus " a couple times ; well worth it .

Future expansion : I got my eye on the Egyptians , who are on their very own continent about 3 squares away , with the continent running parrelel to mine ( easy invasion ). my military is large compared to theirs , and I'm ahead on the Tech -tree . they have no money , no MPPs , basically nothing to offer the world ............except LUXERIES ! and they have 1 city on my continent with a coal source ! if ( or should I say WHEN ) I take that city , it would be my 2nd source of coal . I'm currently trying to provoke them into a fight with constant border crossings and obnoxious offers for their luxeries . so far they arent biting .

currently building up economic status of my nation , but once again find myself buying the best Techs from the Big 3 ( Babs , Americans , and I forgot the 3rd ) .

this all occured during a 12 hour Civ marathon on Saturday !
what a grueling day........hahahahahaha
Old May 19, 2002, 15:35   #2
Jaguar
C4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 20:55
Local Date: October 31, 2010
characters!
Old May 19, 2002, 17:33   #3
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 18:55
Local Date: October 31, 2010
1. space it out a bit, it's hard to read.
2. add characters
3. make it slower, dont go through everything so quickly!

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal