Old May 23, 2002, 00:55   #1
kring
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerNationStatesCTP2 Source Code ProjectApolyton UniversityCivilization IV Creators
King

Local Time: 19:09
Local Date: October 31, 2010
MPP restrictions
I was wondering how this would apply in multiplayer. As it is now, you are autodrawn into a war. If my friend Japan LOL decided to attack my friend France, and I had a MPP with Japan and/or France, would I be forced to declare war the way it happens in SP, or could I choose to join either side.

I would want to know this before I made any MPP's with anyone.
Old May 23, 2002, 07:12   #2
DrFell
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 02:09
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Things is, the way MP is players can chat with each other and choose to disregard a treaty... so although you could be 'officially' at war, you could have a secret agreement with certain human players not to attack them if war breaks out. Or you could instantly get a peace treaty, either way, treaties are much less binding in MP.
Old May 24, 2002, 04:06   #3
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 12:09
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I think that if one country you have an MPP with attacks another country you have one with, you shouldn't be drawn in at all.
Old June 8, 2002, 21:13   #4
kring
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerNationStatesCTP2 Source Code ProjectApolyton UniversityCivilization IV Creators
King

What would be the point of an MPP then, if you were not drawn in by either side?

I agree with not helping out. The Japanese joined my attack against the Indians by way of a MPP, but they never attacked the Indians, even though they lived right next door on the same island; likewise, the Indians never attacked them. Once the time limit was up, I cancelled the MPP, and made peace with India.
Old June 8, 2002, 21:19   #5
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 20:09
if you have MPPs with two humans, you shouldnt HAVE to be drawn into a war between them, but i know you will be.
Old June 8, 2002, 21:26   #6
kring
King

You may find them ganging up on you if you don't choose a side, maybe even if you do!

It will be interesting to see how the MP MPP works.

I like your avatar.