Old May 23, 2002, 10:18   #1
Mauritania
Settler

Local Time: 20:10
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Middle Earth Map
Hi all,

This is here because, for some reason, I can't start a new thread in the file forum. There's not a file attached yet anyway. I know that there are a couple of Middle Earth Maps posted already so what I'm looking for is your opinion as to whether I should complete this map (resources).

There are some screenshots of select portions of the map from the editor here:

http://cunamaur.tripod.com/midearth.html

Let me know if I should finish and if so any suggestions for improvement. This is my first map so I'd like contructive criticism.

Thanks,
Mauri
Old May 23, 2002, 19:12   #2
PhoenixPhlame73
Chieftain

Local Time: 19:10
I'm wondering if its possible to add bonuses to specific tiles-mounts doom should have some huge ones!
Old May 23, 2002, 20:50   #3
Sean
Prince

Local Time: 01:10
Local Date: November 1, 2010
You really did a sceniro creator to do justice to Middle Earth. Hope fully it will be present in CIV III: Play the World.
Old May 23, 2002, 23:15   #4
Mauritania
Settler

Phoenix,

I was thinking of giving the player (wether it be human or AI) a slight advantage as far as resources. This way they can become more powerful in a shorter period of time then the rest of the civs. I'm thinking that for a human player not playing the Mordor region they would have to form alliances with the other civs to survive the more powerful armies coming from Mordor.

Sean,

I'm not looking to create a scenerio. I just enjoy making the maps. If someone wants to take the ball and run with it from here then they are more than welcome to use it. Like I said, I have almost no experience with Civ3 as I am a new player. I leave the mods and scenerios up to those that know what they're doing.

Everyone else,

If you think the map (being in it's initial stages) is good enough and you want to play a regular game of Civ3 on it then I'll finish it and put the file up for download. If you think it's no good I would also like to hear. Like I said, I'm looking for contructive criticism. Give your opinions either way.

Mauri
Old May 23, 2002, 23:30   #5
Carver
Prince

Mauritania,

Mauritania alows slavery to persist. Why would you take that as an alias?

Carver
Old May 24, 2002, 04:01   #6
kring
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerNationStatesCTP2 Source Code ProjectApolyton UniversityCivilization IV Creators
King

Eclipse has a good Tolkien based LotR scenario, but no map yet. Yours look good. From the screen shots, realistic. I would enjoy playing the map using Eclipse's LotR scenario.
Old May 31, 2002, 23:04   #7
Mauritania
Settler

oooooook
Carver,

My screen name is not the province of Africa but rather the mispelled name of the sister ship of the Lucitania. The real spelling is Mauretania. It has nothing to do with africa or slavery or whatever else you're babbling about.

Mauri
Old June 1, 2002, 00:36   #8
Cyclotron
Never Ending StoriesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Besides dagorlad, there aren't a lot of plains/desert in your map... I'll refer to my Middle Earth atlas that I haven't looked at in a while, but grasslands just don't shout "mordor" to me. I think it might be appropriate to re-evaluate the volume of all those grasslands... Now that I think of it, there aren't any flood plains either.

Besides those things about terrain variety, I love it. All we need now is that PTW editor... ::crosses fingers::
Old June 1, 2002, 09:20   #9
Mauritania
Settler

cyclotron,

Yeah I haven't changed any of the terreign yet. I built the map with grasslands. It will be changed to dessert, plains etc in the next step along with the resources. I concentrated on scale and placement.

Mauri