Old June 6, 2002, 17:15   #31
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 20:11
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
PM me nominations for the SUNES with the following categories, due to the limited voting, you cannot nominate yourself, but you can vote for yourself.

Funniest NESser:
Most Expansionistic NESser
Most Commercial NESser
Most Gipped NESser
Most Diplomatic
Most Empire Growth
Most historically accurate
Most off the wall.

These are all based on the SUNES, Please PM me all nominations Before Thursday, June 13th.

If you wish to add a category, PM me and I'll update it if you have a good reason.
Old June 8, 2002, 18:06   #32
High Lord J
Warlord

Local Time: 01:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I would like to apply for membership to the storywriters union I wrote Power Gained & Power Lost also known as Book 1 of the Dagger of Justice Series.
Old June 8, 2002, 18:28   #33
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

When does the voting start?
Old June 8, 2002, 22:22   #34
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

when I get at least 2 noms for each category
Old June 8, 2002, 22:22   #35
Metaliturtle
staff
King

OOOH almost forgot, welcome our newest member High Lord J!!
Old June 8, 2002, 23:22   #36
Captain
King

I thought this union was for helping each other write better stories by constructive criticism and feedback?

sign me up if so. tell me about my stuff in SNESA 2.
Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
Old June 9, 2002, 03:40   #37
Metaliturtle
staff
King

NESes don't count i'm afraid, the main qualification is an independent story, if you wrote a regular story once, send me the link and you're in, otherwise write a story, i'll look for it.
Old June 9, 2002, 03:49   #38
SKILORD
King

If you write that story as well as you did in the NES tho you'll have no problem
Old June 9, 2002, 08:05   #39
SKILORD
King

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=52437

critique it please
Old June 9, 2002, 12:36   #40
High Lord J
Warlord

Skilord,

You might want to write the story on word or anything like it and then spell check it. You have a lot of misspelled and not capitalized words. I use AOL Notepad thing for all my posts then spell check them.

Don't break up the paragraphs with broken lines. It looks very unprofessional. If you can't make it obvious when you switch characters through the writing just put a * next to the paragraph for a new character.

Other then that it is really standard beginning. You might want to make something more interesting to start out the story. I recognize you tried to make it not look like you were just stating facts in the start you kind of were. Although you should do that in the story the way you did with people thinking so readers get an idea of what is going on it shouldn't be the first paragraph of the story.

I hope none of this is insulting I am just trying to help out. Let me know if this is to negative, or arrogant. Good luck on your next piece and let me know if want anymore help on your story. I haven't seen many ancient age Japanese stories on the board and this one may be interesting.
Old June 9, 2002, 12:39   #41
Metaliturtle
staff
King

High lord, just a small note, it's better for the author if you post critiques on the story because it bumps up the thread, just keep that in mind for next time, it's no big.
Old June 9, 2002, 12:42   #42
High Lord J
Warlord

Will do thanks for the suggestion
Old June 9, 2002, 12:47   #43
Metaliturtle
staff
King

no prob bob
Old June 9, 2002, 13:10   #44
SKILORD
King

thanx anyway.
Old June 10, 2002, 04:52   #45
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 12:11
http://64.246.32.51/~admin1/forums/s...threadid=52518

I just started on this story, can you please critique it. Thanks in advance.
Old June 12, 2002, 20:49   #46
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

I's like to apply for membership for having written 'Our Secret War'.
Old June 12, 2002, 23:49   #47
Metaliturtle
staff
King

Welcome another great writer, GeneralTacticus, to the Union!!
Old June 13, 2002, 16:15   #48
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

Local Time: 21:11
hey can i join, i know i only wrote small, crap worth story, but im working on another.
Old June 13, 2002, 16:37   #49
Metaliturtle
staff
King

Cool, 16 members, let's welcome trickey!!!
Old June 13, 2002, 23:26   #50
WTE_OzWolf
Warlord

For those that are interested, the newest installment to The Cost of War is in.

This installment has a little less action but actually ties in some of the references in the earlier parts and has some of the characters finally intersecting.

The Cost of War
Old June 14, 2002, 21:03   #51
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

Local Time: 21:11
hey would you guys mind reviewing my new story please. Its called 2nd attmep at a sory.
Old June 24, 2002, 10:57   #52
SKILORD
King

Hey! I need a new Reveiw of Cult Of the Rising Sun, Chapter 2. Less spelling mistakes this time.

Is the Union out of the NES buisiness?
Old June 24, 2002, 15:35   #53
Metaliturtle
staff
King

I'll be Moderating the next SUNES, unfortunately for all NES fans, I cannot do that while in Philly, I get back to WI on the 30th, so you can expect the NES about the same time as July starts.
Old June 25, 2002, 12:45   #54
Grundel
Warlord

Hello guys...

Not to sound ignorant, but I am unclear as to the purpose of this, and what being a member means. Would you gentlemen be so kind to enlighten me?

Thanks.
Old June 25, 2002, 15:48   #55
Metaliturtle
staff
King

Basically, membership means that you have written a story on apolyton, and asked to become a member. Members basically stand up for each other when being harassed by non-members, and we critique or at least read each other's stories in the hopes that our own writing will improve. Grundel, you do have an open slot if you wish to join.
Old June 26, 2002, 14:14   #56
Grundel
Warlord

thanks for the response.

I have read several posts in this thread in which people have asked to have their stories critiqued. However I see few critques. Are these attatched to the stories that were posted here, or do you do them using private messaging or email?

Thanks again for humoring me. :-D
Old June 26, 2002, 18:29   #57
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

The critiques are posted in the story thread.
Old June 27, 2002, 18:44   #58
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Quote:
The critiques are posted in the story thread.
...Efficient system

Iits seems to work well

Good idea metaliturtle
Old June 27, 2002, 18:50   #59
Metaliturtle
staff
King

thanks Dark
Old July 1, 2002, 22:38   #60
SKILORD
King

Here is My NES Map. A custom make from a map of das's which originally had all natiuons outlined. here all are blank but europe. N. America is easy enough for you to do, making a map requires no art skill. in the early days of NES this map was a coveted prize faked by many*. Now i behold it for all at the request of Metaliturtle.

*- Well not really but it sounds likje a kewl story.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	nes blankeu.gif
Views:	30
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	18608